May 15, 2024, 04:15:16 PM

Author Topic: Lessons to learn from Cuba  (Read 3692 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Lessons to learn from Cuba
« on: July 07, 2005, 10:20:05 PM »
I am watching the Cuba v USA match here live. I hope Beenie et al looking at this game to see how to fustrate USA. Cuba holding them down good. Game tied at 1-1 in 75th minute, and USA playing at full strength from what I can tell.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lessons to learn from Cuba
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 10:36:25 PM »
and also what not to do, Cuba giving away match in 90th minute now 3-1.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 10:37:17 PM »
now 4-1 in extra time

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 10:47:51 PM »
That was far from a full strength US squad.  However if Cuba was a bit more experienced they would not have been appealing for offside while the US scored their first, and they definitely wouldn't have lapsed in concentration (to the tune of 3 goals) at the end of the game.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 02:22:20 AM »
Cuba 1 (Lester More) vs 4 USA (Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan 2, DaMarcus Beasley).

Canada 0 vs Costa Rica 1 (Jafet Soto).
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 06:57:07 AM »
doe fuhget dat cuba was playing wid 10 men and up to de 80th min. de game was still 1-1. dey just could not hold on for de draw.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 07:08:39 AM »
not to take anything from cuba, but USA just had one of those games that all big teams has and the fact that they came out 4-1 winners says alot.
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 08:13:06 AM »
The states is potentially one of the top 5 teams in the world because I believe they and mexico on par. Their strength is that they punish every single mistake ! Big side. Brazil and Argentina will play all over a side and score 4 out of 20 chances. the states will play their same laid back, keep the ball game and score 4 out of 5.In the end...the result is the same.Plus it always seems like they could lift their game up a gear when they need to.  So despite Cuba looking good...if we remember the game on Ash Wednesday the states only got 3 chances at goal and we lost 2-1, and people say we had a genuine chance to beat them. Same thing happened against Panama apparently...but panama stiill lost. Tha's just the way the states is play...do enough to win, looks deceiving cause they hardly ever dominate.But they win
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 08:20:07 AM »
The difference in the game was Landon Danovan.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 09:54:16 AM »
I really feel it for Cuba.

They have what our players doe have.........speed and a better touch.

They hardly gave away the ball. All they passes were good and they hitting yuh beat and taking the ball to goal.

Its the 10 men thing kill them....fatigue set in and then it was mental laspses.

Imagine the 2 last goals the stopper take the ball and rip 4 men and then conceded possession. His supporting cast ent offer no help or outlet for a pass.

I find the USA first goal look offside.......but people saying otherwise.

Also I am a bit worried about our match up in the WCQ.........How are we going to match the pace and fitness of the USA players.

They have that edge on us and I saying it now.........We need Glenn on that field to take it to them. Trap and screen will not cut it vs the USA.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 10:31:04 AM »
I hear yuh TOUCHES trap and screen just won't cut it at all.  Where is Dwarika and Nixon cause i'm a little bit out of touch with football in Trinidad and Tobago right now but trying to get back to where i was.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 10:32:16 AM »
The states is potentially one of the top 5 teams in the world because I believe they and mexico on par.

No.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 10:44:12 AM »
Spidey........ The US team good ...but to rank them in the top 5 is over kill. No how they could be rated so high...... and they still haven't reached the level Mexico has attained. they knocking n the door though. It's just for the other teasm in Concacaf to stepp up now. I think Trinidad on that level now where there game should be moving up to a next level.

Time will tell.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 11:32:54 AM »
I believe the USA is somewhere between 11 and 15.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 11:37:19 AM »
Real Madness, what's your top 20?

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 11:55:40 AM »
The states is potentially one of the top 5 teams in the world because I believe they and mexico on par. Their strength is that they punish every single mistake ! Big side. Brazil and Argentina will play all over a side and score 4 out of 20 chances. the states will play their same laid back, keep the ball game and score 4 out of 5.In the end...the result is the same.Plus it always seems like they could lift their game up a gear when they need to. So despite Cuba looking good...if we remember the game on Ash Wednesday the states only got 3 chances at goal and we lost 2-1, and people say we had a genuine chance to beat them. Same thing happened against Panama apparently...but panama stiill lost. Tha's just the way the states is play...do enough to win, looks deceiving cause they hardly ever dominate.But they win

Wa is the criteria used to arrive at thsridiculosconnclusson?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 11:59:39 AM »
1. Brazil
2. Argentina
3. Holland
4. England
5. France
6. Spain
7. Portugal
8. Mexico
9. Germany
10. Italy

11. Czech Republic 12. USA 13. Japan 14. Greece 15. Rep of Ireland

16-20 (no particular order)
Turkey, Croatia, Poland, Ukraine,Korea

# 1 and 2 are definite and 3 - 12 can vary because I think the majority of these teams are very close and it boils down to who wants it most on any given day (not saying Brazil and Argentina unbeatable..no team is unbeatable)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 12:18:55 PM »
Nah felllas...tha's just my opinion, i eh say is the way it is or anything so.
The criteria used was the one I said in my original post : they punish mistakes. Even Mexico will give us a chance or 2 to mess up in the back before they score. the states...1 slip by a defender or 1 foul in the wrong spot and is usually a goal.
And the last post there regarding the fifa rankings,I agree with for the most part but any team could beat anybody else in that top group there, on a given day. Mexico nearly beat Argentina and the beat Brasil in the confederations cup but while playing in Concacaf, they are not guaranteed to beat the US every time out.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwarika and Nixon
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2005, 06:27:26 AM »
Where is Dwarika and Nixon cause i'm a little bit out of touch with football in Trinidad and Tobago right now but trying to get back to where i was.

Dwarika was in de training squad in de leadup tuh de Panama game but he didn't make de final cut. He got dropped prior tuh de Alianza Lima game. He is currently on W-Connection's roster (after returning from China), but me eh know if he play fuh dem fuh de season. His last appearance fuh T&T was on September 8, 2004 against Mexico in a World Cup Qualifier.

Nixon had ah knee injury and underwent minor surgery. He jes start back playing fuh North East Stars two weeks ago. His last appearance fuh T&T was on November 17, 2004 against St. Vincent and the Grenadines in a World Cup Qualifier.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>