May 10, 2024, 05:07:12 AM

Author Topic: Avoiding the "Swell-head"syndrome,...lessons from the US?.....  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
First, let me start by saying that I am in no way the type of person who thinks that everything foreign or specifically American is better or good. However, we only have to remember our 1989 "road to italy" wcq experience to note that you do not book your tickets to the "big party" until the "fat lady sings". Although I am one for celebrating small victories I am quick to remind my fellow fans, forumites, and current team members that although victory at home against that improved Panama team was sweet, and looooong overdue, we still have plenty work to do. "One sparrow does not a summer make", or in more colloqual expression "dont run to yuh tailor to make suit jus because the gyul kiss yuh", fact is in both victory and defeat we must strive to keep our composure and avoid letting those two imposters mislead us. We have only to look at our normally boastful US foes who have uncharacteristically assumed some semblance of world football status without too much of of the "typical US showing-off", instead through hard work and consistent results. Yes we have had  past glory, but the new guys must strive to create their own new standards for TNT football, no one will give you respect based on pass glory, the Steve Davids, Gally Cummings, etc, and Panama the game yesterday, were all things of the past, now is time to look at Mexico and turn to the future. Let us take care to learn from both or successes and failures, stay humble, and strive for self improvement. As one former US president used to say "let us speak softly, but carry a big stick".
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 09:34:53 AM by Tallman »

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Avoiding the "Swell-head"syndrome,...lessons from the US?.....
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 10:02:58 AM »
Frame...!!!  Is you...???

Good post...and I think the Beenie man is doing exactly that, de man is a tactician.  Ent you and DD pen a soca for de warriors?  If so, sen de download link nah, if it have one.

Pres Intercol...Team of 1985...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 10:12:21 AM »
Frame...!!!  Is you...???

Good post...and I think the Beenie man is doing exactly that, de man is a tactician.  Ent you and DD pen a soca for de warriors?  If so, sen de download link nah, if it have one.

Pres Intercol...Team of 1985...

Look de link on de left.... "Time for Germany"
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 10:41:41 AM »
Yes Trinimuse, it is the I "d frame", and as FF stated the original track is on this web site, the remix is on http://frame.myblogsite.com/blog. Hit me an e-mail so I could know who is Trinimuse, and I am glad you enjoyed the post.

Offline xangosi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 11:59:59 AM »
Newly registered, but long time on the site.  Love the reports from Touches and Patriot and Samuel.  Good quality stuff.

"Pres Intercol...Team of 1985..."   pique meh interest and cause meh to post.   Great team that year. 

Ah Riddle ah riddle ah ree.......Meh father coach de team...meh brother was de top goalscorer in College League dat year.  I play about five years before.

Pres forever...AND ....GO WARRIORS.

Flying into Trini this week for about a year to work and looking for a fete match side.....preferably Over 40.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 12:12:28 PM »
welcome xangosi!! hope u post more often to share you thoughts with us?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 12:12:58 PM »
Xangosi, let meh solve d riddle....you ha to be Gerard Osborne, Collin's big brother and son of the late legendary Pres coach Carl "Ozzy" Osborne whom I had the honore of playing for in "85,86, and 87". If I am correct ,nuff respect from one former Pres baller to another.

I have contacts for a good O-30 fete-match side for you, but they based in Port of Spain, e-mail me if that could work.

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 12:14:02 PM »
It look like big Ossie boy...you play with Brent Augustus, Don Harry in goal, Shawn Cooper, 'Sugars' Monroe against Latas and Leonson (Sando Tech) in Guaracara. 

Plenty rain and ah in Form 1 walking home to Sando wid mih wet Pres Flag.  We lost but it was a good game.  Email me at trinimuse451@yahoo.com.  It have some Old boys fete match (Pres and Naps) yuh could get a sweat wid.

Offline xangosi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 02:00:03 PM »
Okay Frame yuh good.  Hit de nail on de head. Much respect back to you too breds.  I will actually be based up north so that might be okay......Only......welll.....better to be ah young man on ah Over 40 than ah old man on ah Over 30.

Yuh feel meh?

Ah hope by 'good' yuh mean dat they does always win de fete regardless of the result of the match.

Muse: I will email you later.  De Pres and Naps Old Boys thing sound good.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 02:09:50 PM »
Ah-ight, ah-ight, ah-ight... enough ah dat heart-wrenchin, tearful reunion crap.

We tryin to get to de WC here. Do dat reunion ting elsewhere... back to de forum.

HAHAHAHAHAh Just kicksin fellas.
Toujour Pret!

1]; } ?>