May 20, 2024, 04:43:05 PM

Author Topic: Police Run over and kill woman,then dumps her body in a garbage heap like thrash  (Read 7622 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
what college or University allyuh went to?  And why yuh feel people real dunce up here when dey failing?

steups

Is community college allyuh talking about?

post-secondary education in the usa is good but elementary through high school is a mess.

same can be said about T&T forever.

If yuh never went Prestige school yuh did not receive the same quality of education!

All gepgraphy fella.  depends on where yuh live, same all over de world.

The thing with US education is that it is all inclusive...everybody lumped together.

doh get tied up..read the Brady Report on Education in USA for the true picture!

US education all-inclusive? How insane are you?

In TnT every one prepares for the SAME exams with the same syllabus and there are plenty 'non-prestige' schools where their students get just as good results.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
what college or University allyuh went to?  And why yuh feel people real dunce up here when dey failing?

steups

post-secondary education in the usa is good but elementary through high school is a mess.

If yuh never went Prestige school yuh did not receive the same quality of education!

The thing with US education is that it is all inclusive...everybody lumped together.

doh get tied up..read the Brady Report on Education in USA for the true picture!

Can you clarify that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

steups

Can you clarify that.

Please.
www.westindiantube.com

truetrini

dey does put beh behs in de classroom with de normal chirren and dey use all scores when testing.

truetrini

steups

US education all-inclusive? How insane are you?

In TnT every one prepares for the SAME exams with the same syllabus and there are plenty 'non-prestige' schools where their students get just as good results.

yes I crazy me eh know what I talking about, I is ah guesser

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
dey does put beh behs in de classroom with de normal chirren and dey use all scores when testing.

That's you basis for saying their schools are 'better'? What about the disparities that exist based on race and socio-economics. Oftentimes those factors pre-determine the quality of education you're likely to receive. Whereas in Trinidad you could be poor but bright and go to some of those 'prestige' schools.

I think students have a fairer shot in Trinidad than in the US. If yuh bright, yuh bright. Even if you're not placed in a 'prestige' school you can still do very well in your CXC and A Level exams.
www.westindiantube.com

truetrini

That's you basis for saying their schools are 'better'? What about the disparities that exist based on race and socio-economics. Oftentimes those factors pre-determine the quality of education you're likely to receive. Whereas in Trinidad you could be poor but bright and go to some of those 'prestige' schools.

I think students have a fairer shot in Trinidad than in the US. If yuh bright, yuh bright. Even if you're not placed in a 'prestige' school you can still do very well in your CXC and A Level exams.

show me where I say US schools better!  Thanks..yuh talking ta-ta.  all i saying is doh judge us schools without knowing de facts, and as I also said geography plays and important part on what type of education yuh get in de sattes...like yuh fail comprehension?  or maybe yuh is ah product ah US schools?

jes axing

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

i know nuff successful people who come thru d ranks from junior sec to senior comprehensive to university(here and away)...yuh doh have tuh go ah 'prestige' school to do big things academically...daz y i does hate  it wen parents start that 'defeatist' mentality wen they chile aint 'pass for ah good school'...is not about d school its about d student and in all schools most of the teachers are committed and off course there are the rogue elements...is d stupid mentality dat is all about d 'prestige' does create dis stigma dat aye i nuh goin hillview or fatima or qrc so doh expect meh tuh make anytin of mihself...D TING LEVEL!!

truetrini

i know nuff successful people who come thru d ranks from junior sec to senior comprehensive to university(here and away)...yuh doh have tuh go ah 'prestige' school to do big things academically...daz y i does hate  it wen parents start that 'defeatist' mentality wen they chile aint 'pass for ah good school'...is not about d school its about d student and in all schools most of the teachers are committed and off course there are the rogue elements...is d stupid mentality dat is all about d 'prestige' does create dis stigma dat aye i nuh goin hillview or fatima or qrc so doh expect meh tuh make anytin of mihself...D TING LEVEL!!

doing well and overcoming despite the disadvantages is great...but the exception rather than the norm!

I said that the best education is available to those who attended prestige schools....there is a reason why they are called PRESTIGE in the first place.

I never said that children could not excel outside the prestige school.

But look at the figures and you will see that my argument is borne out.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

doing well and overcoming despite the disadvantages is great...but the exception rather than the norm!

I said that the best education is available to those who attended prestige schools....there is a reason why they are called PRESTIGE in the first place.

If the best education is found in these so-called prestige school, why most of their students go outside the school for lessons? I went St James Sec and our Bio class was full of students from Bishops, Fatima, St Francois, Georges...

In fact, plenty of the teachers in some of the 'prestige' schools are past students with little experience - didn't even go to Teacher's Training College.

Also, I went to St James sec and got more ones than my siblings who went to Convent, Fatima, Hillview and Holy Cross put together.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:09:13 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

truetrini

If the best education is found in these so-called prestige school, why most of their students go outside the school for lessons? I went St James Sec and our Bio class was full of students from Bishops, Fatima, St Francois, Georges...

In fact, plenty of the teachers in some of the 'prestige' schools are past students with little experience - didn't even go to Teacher's Training College.

Also, I went to St James sec and got more ones than my siblings who went to Convent, Fatima, Hillview and Holy Cross put together.

what de f**k yuh trying to say?

Yuh eh saying it eh....jes to leh yuh know.

So what if you did better than your siblings?  all dat saying is dat you might be ah horn chile

So what if students from prestige schools took extra lessons?

Look at the yearly stats and den bump yuh gums.

St James Sec?  hmmmmmm

so all dem students from convent and ting was going St james Sec for lessons in Bio?  or you was in ah Bio class taking extra lessons with dem?

Yuh not being clear..ah betting of all dem distinctions yuh get, yuh eh get in one in English
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:42:41 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

what de f**k yuh trying to say?

Yuh eh saying it eh....jes to leh yuh know.

So what if you did better than your siblings?  all dat saying is dat you might be ah horn chile

So what if students from prestige schools took extra lessons?

Look at the yearly stats and den bump yuh gums.

St James Sec?  hmmmmmm

so all dem students from convent and ting was going St james Sec for lessons in Bio?  or you was in ah Bio class taking extra lessons with dem?

Yuh not being clear..ah betting of all dem distinctions yuh get, yuh eh get in one in English

I am saying, dear, that you are putting too much emphasis on going to a 'prestige' school to be successful. Not to mention that there are many 'deserving' students who aren't placed in these 'prestige' schools for multiple reasons. And those people in my lessons class were taking it in my school with my teacher. Why didnt they stay in their prestige schools?

www.westindiantube.com

truetrini

Excuse me darling, but are you trying to imply, that I implied that all students who attend a prestige school are going to excel?

Maybe they came to St, James Sec. because it was cheaper?  Maybe their teachers did not give extra lessons, maybe they should not have been in the Prestige school in the first place.

You are yet to challenge my initial premise yuh know

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Excuse me darling, but are you trying to imply, that I implied that all students who attend a prestige school are going to excel?

Maybe they came to St, James Sec. because it was cheaper?  Maybe their teachers did not give extra lessons, maybe they should not have been in the Prestige school in the first place.

You are yet to challenge my initial premise yuh know

Looks like you were the one who failed Comprehension, not me.

And yeah, they came to St James sec because lessons were cheaper... ::) ::) right...
www.westindiantube.com

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Just a little confused... they came to lessons after school right?

Then probably cause the teacher have a reputation for being a good teacher is all. When I was taking lessons I went to Assing and his wife down on Harris Promenade. The wife was a teacher at Fyzo Composite, I forget where Assing taught and them classes were packed with people from Convent, Naps, Pres - the prestiege schools plus the "others" The Assings had a good reputation. DIdnt matter where they themselves taught. Actually after a while at that time, it was the thing to go to Assing.  You felt you were in a little world of your own. People go to lessons where other people go, where they hear good things of the teachers.

For all you know your bio teacher had a lil side deal going with the others, you send me students I give you a cut... it happens. Probably the teachers themselves were saying "well I dont have time to do extra lessons, but Mr. SO and SO down at St. James does"

Sometimes even great teachers find themselves at a non prestige school. Then they give lessons and build their rep and bide time until one of the big boys comes calling.

Bottom line is once the school bell ring at the end of the day, your teacher is no longer "your" teacher exclusively. He or she can take on other students from other schools and teach them. And that was probably a feather in his cap, to be the one that all those "prestige" students came to.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
nothin spectacular about d teachin in d prestige school i went..was exposed to lessons from dese 'top rate' lessons teachers from other prestige schools and nothin spectacular bout d teachin eida..me thinks it more of an environment issue, this prestige thing.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
nothin spectacular about d teachin in d prestige school i went..was exposed to lessons from dese 'top rate' lessons teachers from other prestige schools and nothin spectacular bout d teachin eida..me thinks it more of an environment issue, this prestige thing.

Is environment u very correck. Dey have less bacchanal less not none. Prestige school reputation is build on d lessons dem chirren does take.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

Is environment u very correck. Dey have less bacchanal less not none. Prestige school reputation is build on d lessons dem chirren does take.

Nonsense!  best Teachers and better educated parents...thats is why the chirren does excel!

When parents could help dey chirren with home work and when the parents demselves have good education they chirren are expected to and perform better.

MOST prestige school chirren doh take no damn extra lessons. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Nonsense!  best Teachers and better educated parents...thats is why the chirren does excel!

When parents could help dey chirren with home work and when the parents demselves have good education they chirren are expected to and perform better.

Surely u are jokin. Just last sunday 2 chirren from church 1 at Bishops 1at CIC. Ask 4 dem they at lessons exams dis wk. Daniel build school from lessons. St. Agustine Community College began as a place givin lessons now dey have a school. Prestige school chirren doh take lessons yeahhhhhhhhhh rightttttttttttttt
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
He did say MOST prestige school students don't take lessons, not that they don't take lessons. I have 2 questions for those who seem to think that the education at a prestige school or one not designated as such is similar.
How many of you have experienced "the other side"? It is difficult to speak from a personal view point on something you have never experienced. This is why statistics can become important.
Why is it so important to argue for an equality that does not exist? I don't think the point is that a student who does not go to a prestige school cannot or does not do well, statistically they do not do as well academically than a student who does go to a prestige school. This is not a difficult concept to get around and the exception doesn't negate the rule.

Prestige schools focus on getting island scholarships, non-Prestige schools tend to have a different focus. The results are bound to be different.

truetrini

He did say MOST prestige school students don't take lessons, not that they don't take lessons. I have 2 questions for those who seem to think that the education at a prestige school or one not designated as such is similar.
How many of you have experienced "the other side"? It is difficult to speak from a personal view point on something you have never experienced. This is why statistics can become important.
Why is it so important to argue for an equality that does not exist? I don't think the point is that a student who does not go to a prestige school cannot or does not do well, statistically they do not do as well academically than a student who does go to a prestige school. This is not a difficult concept to get around and the exception doesn't negate the rule.

Prestige schools focus on getting island scholarships, non-Prestige schools tend to have a different focus. The results are bound to be different.

That is exactly what I have been saying, but those who eh go presitge schools bumping withour reading the content ah meh posts...is like dey want to confirm meh thesis thru dey postings.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Where the stats you use since speaking from the other side can be a difficult thing to do? Prestige schools focus on island scholarships, what does non-prestige schools focus on?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

That is exactly what I have been saying, but those who eh go presitge schools bumping withour reading the content ah meh posts...is like dey want to confirm meh thesis thru dey postings.

LOUDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSS. Dem 2 place I mention build on chirren from prestige school lesson money.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Where the stats you use since speaking from the other side can be a difficult thing to do? Prestige schools focus on island scholarships, what does non-prestige schools focus on?

Ask d Open Sholarship winner 2 yrs ago she went Succes Laventille Composite and from Morvant with a mentally ill mother .She got d scholarship from Bishops I guess she only became scholarship material when she enter Bishops

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile

Ask d Open Sholarship winner 2 yrs ago she went Succes Laventille Composite and from Morvant with a mentally ill mother .She got d scholarship from Bishops I guess she only became scholarship material when she enter Bishops

Ok what exactly are we calling the non prestige schools? Are we only referring to the Jr and senior secs? Because if thats what we referring to, then I was always under the impression that those schools focused more on teaching a trade. yes they taught the same subjects that we learnt at our high schools, but at a different level As far as I knew back then they were the only ones that offered CXC at a Basic level as opposed to the General that most of us did. I have a cousin, went five rivers. Did 6 subjects at Basic. Got 3's in all of them. Feel like the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then wanted to argue with me that her 6 "3's" at basic were much better than my 6 "1's" at general. ( This was in the 80's and I believe things are different now so please let me know) 

Now don't all yell at me because I never went to either of them so I cant speak from experience. My moms taught at Jr sec and at composite and she used to say in her jr sec classes from day one she would just say "those who here to learn come up front, those who not find youself to the back" She didn't like to do that but the alternative was worse, if she didnt separate the class, then the jokers would make it hard for the more studious ones and nothing would get done. She figured that each class she would be spending half an hour trying to control the jokers and in a 45 minute class, that was not fair to the ones who did their work. She would allow the others to read or do something quietly even talk among themselves, as long as they didnt interrupt the class. She didnt even ask them for homework. But she made it known to them that they would get the grade that they deserved no easy passes in her class, do the work pass, dont do the work, fail.  Usually the ones who were there to actually learn (she taught spanish) were the ones who after the 3 years, transferred out and got into a better school, not a senior sec. Years after she would sometimes see some of the ones who didnt want to learn, liming on a corner "miss you could spare a lil change?" Or else see the girls walking down the street belly big and with 2 lil ones in tow.  She used to feel sorry for them and teaching in that Junior sec really wore her down. We used to rag her, why not just leave? But she still stayed. Even when the opportunity came along to transfer out to one of the Convents, she turned it down. She wanted to help the ones who somewhere along the line fell into the cracks and ended up in that school, but really wanted to work. And she stayed there until it finally wore her out. The children in the Junior secs today, most but not all well they not easy. What got to her was a young lady who didnt want to listen, didnt want to do the homework and kept hitting another student much smaller than her for no reason at all. The other student was trying to answer some questions and this girl took offence to it and kept hitting her. Moms sent her to the principal, where the young lady used some flowery language. She got suspended, went home and later that afternoon, she and her mom were waiting on the street. And as my moms left they both started to throw some cuss at her. Security guard catch up with them, sent them off, but that was it for moms. She fill out the paperwork, finish that term and left mid school year. 35 years of teaching and thats how it ended.

One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ok what exactly are we calling the non prestige schools? Are we only referring to the Jr and senior secs? Because if thats what we referring to, then I was always under the impression that those schools focused more on teaching a trade. yes they taught the same subjects that we learnt at our high schools, but at a different level As far as I knew back then they were the only ones that offered CXC at a Basic level as opposed to the General that most of us did. I have a cousin, went five rivers. Did 6 subjects at Basic. Got 3's in all of them. Feel like the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then wanted to argue with me that her 6 "3's" at basic were much better than my 6 "1's" at general. ( This was in the 80's and I believe things are different now so please let me know) 

Now don't all yell at me because I never went to either of them so I cant speak from experience. My moms taught at Jr sec and at composite and she used to say in her jr sec classes from day one she would just say "those who here to learn come up front, those who not find youself to the back" She didn't like to do that but the alternative was worse, if she didnt separate the class, then the jokers would make it hard for the more studious ones and nothing would get done. She figured that each class she would be spending half an hour trying to control the jokers and in a 45 minute class, that was not fair to the ones who did their work. She would allow the others to read or do something quietly even talk among themselves, as long as they didnt interrupt the class. She didnt even ask them for homework. But she made it known to them that they would get the grade that they deserved no easy passes in her class, do the work pass, dont do the work, fail.  Usually the ones who were there to actually learn (she taught spanish) were the ones who after the 3 years, transferred out and got into a better school, not a senior sec. Years after she would sometimes see some of the ones who didnt want to learn, liming on a corner "miss you could spare a lil change?" Or else see the girls walking down the street belly big and with 2 lil ones in tow.  She used to feel sorry for them and teaching in that Junior sec really wore her down. We used to rag her, why not just leave? But she still stayed. Even when the opportunity came along to transfer out to one of the Convents, she turned it down. She wanted to help the ones who somewhere along the line fell into the cracks and ended up in that school, but really wanted to work. And she stayed there until it finally wore her out. The children in the Junior secs today, most but not all well they not easy. What got to her was a young lady who didnt want to listen, didnt want to do the homework and kept hitting another student much smaller than her for no reason at all. The other student was trying to answer some questions and this girl took offence to it and kept hitting her. Moms sent her to the principal, where the young lady used some flowery language. She got suspended, went home and later that afternoon, she and her mom were waiting on the street. And as my moms left they both started to throw some cuss at her. Security guard catch up with them, sent them off, but that was it for moms. She fill out the paperwork, finish that term and left mid school year. 35 years of teaching and thats how it ended.

She very correck it eh worth losing yuh life 4 dem ungrateful chirren and their ungrateful parents. As 4 d curriculum in d Jnr Sec d focus is on trade but all d chirren eh so call dunce so many of dem excel.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just a little confused... they came to lessons after school right?

Then probably cause the teacher have a reputation for being a good teacher is all. When I was taking lessons I went to Assing and his wife down on Harris Promenade. The wife was a teacher at Fyzo Composite, I forget where Assing taught and them classes were packed with people from Convent, Naps, Pres - the prestiege schools plus the "others" The Assings had a good reputation. DIdnt matter where they themselves taught. Actually after a while at that time, it was the thing to go to Assing.  You felt you were in a little world of your own. People go to lessons where other people go, where they hear good things of the teachers.

For all you know your bio teacher had a lil side deal going with the others, you send me students I give you a cut... it happens. Probably the teachers themselves were saying "well I dont have time to do extra lessons, but Mr. SO and SO down at St. James does"

Sometimes even great teachers find themselves at a non prestige school. Then they give lessons and build their rep and bide time until one of the big boys comes calling.

Bottom line is once the school bell ring at the end of the day, your teacher is no longer "your" teacher exclusively. He or she can take on other students from other schools and teach them. And that was probably a feather in his cap, to be the one that all those "prestige" students came to.

WHich is my point. Going to a 'prestige' school does not guarantee that you would be getting a better education than students elsewhere. There are top-notch teachers in many other schools. I had several. Who remember the man who used to teach Maths on channel four? My teacher!  :D Mr Steele
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:23:22 AM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Now yuh really talking shit! Damn shit too.

And let us consider socio-economics as a factor in a students performance. If you can afford to take lessons, your chances of greater success are much improved. Lessons classes tend to be significantly smaller and the teaching more thorough.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

And the funny thing is, schools like St Joseph Convent and Fatima and QRC don't get no big setta scholarships. Random schools down South that I never even hear about pulling in more scholarships than them. If yuh doh believe meh go to the Ministry website and look at the awards. I was shocked.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ah guess so. :devil:

I know people in my school get all kinna seven one's, six one's, five one's...is George's consider a prestige school? It doesn't really come to mind when you think prestige school but they does get some serious scholarships too and plenty of their students do lessons outside but the school they're from gets the credit.

This fella who came 1st in A Level History had to go and do lessons outside cos the George's teacher was shit. My cousin got like six distinctions...did lessons outside of school - one of them being Bio at my school - he got a distinction in it.

And allyuh also forgetting that 30% of those town prestige schools...30% of the students don't get in on merit thus excluding many children from the general population who made the marks to go to those schools.

And even if it was entirely a meritocracy, some students would be excluded if there just wasn't enough room, and they would have been placed in 'non-prestige' schools.

In preparing for CXC and A's, I think lessons makes a significant difference and some people can afford it, while others can't. Or on the flip, some people are motivated to go for lessons, while others aren't for various reasons. Taking after-school/weekend/holiday lessons has become part and parcel with getting an education in Trinidad and it starts in primary school.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:38:55 AM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

1]; } ?>