May 22, 2024, 01:16:13 AM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland named to the PFA's League One Team of the Year  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Five-star Swans in PFA
swanseacity.net

Swansea City had five players confirmed in the PFA's League One Team of the Year at an awards ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London on Sunday night.

Footballers from the Premiership through to League Two gathered to pay tribute to the stars of the season with Angel Rangel, Garry Monk, Ferrie Bodde, Andy Robinson and Jason Scotland voted into the League One XI by their fellow professionals.

League One team:

KEIREN WESTWOOD - CARLISLE
The 23-year-old keeper played a key role as Carlisle racked up a club record 14 consecutive home wins to set up a promotion push - and Westwood also kept an impressive five clean sheets in March when he was named PFA 2UP Fans' Player of the Month.

ANGEL RANGEL - SWANSEA
Relatively unknown until fellow Spaniard Roberto Martinez, the Swansea manager, brought him to South Wales from former La Liga side Terrassa FC at the start of this season. One of a number of star performers for League One's best side.

GARRY MONK - SWANSEA
It's been something of a rollercoaster ride for the former Southampton defender who, having been named captain at the start of last season, missed virtually the whole of the campaign with a serious knee injury. Back to his best at the heart of defence this season though.

DANNY LIVESEY - CARLISLE
Described on the club's website as 'calm, strong and assured', the goalscoring defender made his first team debut for Bolton as a 17-year-old before joining Carlisle in 2004 after spells with Notts County, Rochdale and Blackpool.

JULIAN BENNETT - NOTTM FOREST
Born and brought up a stone's throw from the City Ground, Academy hopeful Julian parted company with Forest at the age of 14 but, after making a name for himself with Walsall, he returned to his hometown club midway through the 2005-06 season and continues to make great strides.

ANDY ROBINSON - SWANSEA
Hard-working midfielder Andy made an instant impression at Swansea, being named the club's Player of the Year in his first season (2003-04) and he has been a consistent performer ever since. Has chipped in with some vital goals again this season.

FERRIE BODDE - SWANSEA
Described in his native Holland as 'the Dutch Roy Keane', Ferrie spent 15 years with Den Haag, progressing through the youth system to the first team before venturing overseas to sign for Swansea at the start of the season after turning down the chance to sign for Feyenoord.

KRIS COMMONS - NOTTM FOREST
An essentially left-sided player with an educated left foot, Kris has also been given licence to 'roam' by manager Chris Calderwood who has also deployed him up front at times. Forest fans feared they would lose him last summer but he stayed loyal and signed an extended contract.

RICHIE WELLENS - DONCASTER
Made one League Cup appearance for Manchester United before joining Blackpool where he made his name as a solid midfield performer. Had a couple of seasons with Oldham before joining Rovers at the start of the season, scoring a 40-yard cracker on his debut in a pre-season friendly.

JERMAINE BECKFORD - LEEDS
After being released by Chelsea in 2003, Jermaine established a reputation on the non-league circuit with Wealdstone, for whom he scored an impressive 51 goals in 98 appearances. Leeds won the race for his signature and his partnership with Tresor Kandol has proved lethal this season.

JASON SCOTLAND - SWANSEA
The Trinidad and Tobago international made his mark in Scotland, appropriately enough, latterly with St Johnstone who benefited to the tune of 33 goals in 66 games - and he's more than maintained that scoring ratio this season with the high-flying Swans.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 07:25:40 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland named to the PFA's League One Team of the Year
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »
Cograts u deserve it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 07:55:26 PM »
Nice
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:03:27 PM »
 :applause: :applause: Well done Jason. 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:11:20 PM »
Just got back from PFA awards. Scottie was there to collect his award. Shaka was there as well, as he will be at the arbitration tomorrow.

As usual, it was a good event, and nice to see T&T represented.

I also met John Granville for the first time. Nice guy, and has a good reputation as a goalkeeping coach in the UK.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:12:25 PM »
congrats scottie!
Back in Trini...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »
I real happy for the man. Congratulations Scottie !

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
Congratulations to Scottie.  Now we need them scoring boots for the 2010 journey.  With he, KJ and Stern, there is no reason why we wouldn't score goals, plenty.  It istime we drop a few on the USA.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 05:05:06 AM »
This is Scotland's second consecutive Team of the Year selection.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 06:31:17 AM »

Well Done Jason looking for much more in the next division. Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 08:03:41 AM »
Congrats..we want you to continue this form in the Championship next season

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 11:21:11 AM »
lazy bitch
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »
Congrats my brother  :applause:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 01:28:06 PM »
lazy bitch

:o Family, dat doh sound like dey at all, may be yuh joking or may be yuh serious  :-\. You is definitely one of de members dat does always try to large up we players and be on de positive side wid dem and de staff. So I guess if you happen to be serious, you must have your own personal reason to back dat post  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »
Congrats to Jason. FPATT, you mentioned John Granville. That is a good man. One of the best to come out from the Sister Isle. He and Carter  was on the 74 youth. Glad to hear he is alright. God Bless.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 06:12:09 PM »
come nah Supa...is months now i posting " Lazy Bitch" ever since the swans fans on de man back for being ' Lazy"..so everytime he score or get an award.. i post " Lazy Bitch"...tnt style nah...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 06:36:49 PM »
By the way, I met ex England player Peter Reid at the awards and we discussed the famous Maraonna goal!

He completely accepted the blame and admitted he just couldn't track back with Maradonna, which left Terry Fenwick exposed.

So, Fenwick is exonerated!!

Now, I know this will cause further discussion, but I thought I'd let you know!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 06:56:12 PM »
come nah Supa...is months now i posting " Lazy Bitch" ever since the swans fans on de man back for being ' Lazy"..so everytime he score or get an award.. i post " Lazy Bitch"...tnt style nah...
I knew one day ya would ketch somebody wid dat BM
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Supa, is ok, this is from the Dwight is lazy thread....when dat asshole used 5 year old info to write an article. and used the info out of context.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=34515.msg404438#msg404438
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 12:14:43 PM »

Yuh right BM, ah was really slow on dat one. Ah need 2 hard clout, fuh not ketching dat  ;D  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 12:18:43 PM »
I knew one day ya would ketch somebody wid dat BM
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Supa, is ok, this is from the Dwight is lazy thread....when dat asshole used 5 year old info to write an article. and used the info out of context.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=34515.msg404438#msg404438

Yuh boi get ketch fuh real WC, cuz ah saying nah, dat cah be BM, he doh post like dat. Well ah know yuh is meh padnah fuh real, yuh come and rescue yuh boi and give meh ah source 2 boot. Nice, dat is what friends are for right ;)  ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

1]; } ?>