May 14, 2024, 01:47:52 PM

Author Topic: I'll bet money W Conection will win the 2014/15 title.  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
I'll bet money W Conection will win the 2014/15 title.
« on: February 07, 2015, 06:50:29 AM »

If they win today they will cut Central lead by 3 points and a game in hand.

Central will lose at North East Stars and Point Fortin.

W Connection also have a goal advantage and they are an experience team with supporting staffs.

Central have themselves to blame. The lost to Army and Jabloteh last night will haunt them.

I was sad to see Winchester red carded last night.

But when you have the opportunity to finish teams and you dont, you end up paying the prize.

I don't normally back teams with a lot of foreign players like W Connection, but in this case Central messed up.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:01:05 AM by Star Child »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I'll bet money W Conection will win the 2014/15 title.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:32:58 AM »
Breds, in pro ball and pro sport, most team have foreign players. Connection don't have as much foreign players as before.
A college coach from TT told that there is no way Defence Force should not win the league with the players they have. He said the DF policy of the coach must be an army man might be to DF underperforming.He is off the opinion if they hire from outside, local or foreign, they can beat anybody in the pro league.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:45:25 PM by Deeks »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 07:40:31 PM »

If they win today they will cut Central lead by 3 points and a game in hand.

Central will lose at North East Stars and Point Fortin.

W Connection also have a goal advantage and they are an experience team with supporting staffs.

Central have themselves to blame. The lost to Army and Jabloteh last night will haunt them.

I was sad to see Winchester red carded last night.

But when you have the opportunity to finish teams and you dont, you end up paying the prize.

I don't normally back teams with a lot of foreign players like W Connection, but in this case Central messed up.

No doubt it's been a bad week at Central. I think a little uncertainty and lack of direction has crept in with Brent and I leaving the camp.
But, from what I've seen so far, Central have by far the best squad. Playing two games partly with 10 men contributed heavily to both defeats and it maybe that the wrong tactical changes were made.

Just for clarification, Connection do not have a goal difference advantage: Central have a plus 5 GD over Connection and have scored 10 more goals and by defeating them in this round, have a head to head advantage. So, if Connection with their remaining 3 games in this round and Central win both of theirs, Central should still win the round. Also, a draw between Army and Connection would help a lot! I also think that, man for man, Central have far more experience as a squad.

Granted, North East and Point will be hard games, but with Jabloteh and Police also throwing spanners in the works, it will be interesting to see the results of the final 3 sets of games in this round.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 07:48:51 PM »
Breds, in pro ball and pro sport, most team have foreign players. Connection don't have as much foreign players as before.
A college coach from TT told that there is not way Defence Force should not win the league with the players they have. He said the DF policy of the coach must be an army man might be Tom DF underperforming.He is off the opinion if they hire from outside, local or foreign, they can beat anybody in the pro league.

Yea, de same Defece Force who win de CONCACAF cup in de 80's with 100% T&T players.

Allyuh men could contradict allyuh self boy.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 11:54:49 PM »
A college coach from TT told that there is not way Defence Force should not win the league with the players they have. He said the DF policy of the coach must be an army man might be Tom DF underperforming.He is off the opinion if they hire from outside, local or foreign, they can beat anybody in the pro league.

Yea, de same Defece Force who win de CONCACAF cup in de 80's with 100% T&T players.

Allyuh men could contradict allyuh self boy.

I eh contradicting myself. Time has changed. They were a great team in the 80s. They have not done anything of note for the past 10 yrs. That is, by the standards they have set in the past. The pro league teams  have  been giving DF a run for their money for the past 10 yrs or so. They are not getting all the super stars as long ago, but still getting very good players. he is of the opinion, coaching is their issue. He thinks they should be better. Yes they have 100% local players. They at the TTDF, the coaches need to be looked at, in his opinion.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:59:53 PM by Deeks »

1]; } ?>