May 13, 2024, 02:43:31 PM

Author Topic: looks like we hate goalscorers on this forum  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
looks like we hate goalscorers on this forum
« on: January 24, 2007, 07:40:15 AM »
what it is we have with goalscorers on this forum people ???.....here we go again....glasgow score 6 in 5 matches....98% people saying he is ah goat and other names....but yet still is about roberts, bailey  and da da da ....stern john...record goalscorer.....but is still bout kenwyn, cornell, scotty...da da da....jess now we will be hearing...peltier score again...but it go be...well downing and barthtolomew better....and stephen knox scoring ..but....really bow wow and  de frietas and so on and on.....now i dont mind this trend...just keep it so....so in that way i know its a pattern and to not take you all seriously.....well done glasgow....good tournament.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: looks like we hate goalscorers on this forum
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:33:46 AM »
wham...is true o wha ???

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I tought I was de only person thinking dat way. Trinis never satisfied. I acctually suprised that after the lost yesterday that only 2-3 PPL complaining. I really thought even if de team played world class and lost lets say in a penalty shoot out. as trinis we would still find away to complain dat de boys play shit and if so and so was there we coulda win.

Is we nature so we cyah change jess fuh you mag ;D ;D we always looking for de next best and smething better.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »

I tought I was de only person thinking dat way. Trinis never satisfied. I acctually suprised that after the lost yesterday that only 2-3 PPL complaining. I really thought even if de team played world class and lost lets say in a penalty shoot out. as trinis we would still find away to complain dat de boys play shit and if so and so was there we coulda win.

Is we nature so we cyah change jess fuh you mag ;D ;D we always looking for de next best and smething better.

Yeah it is truly a phenomenon that we do that. John has 64 goals for the country, goals which help put us into the WC finals and we not satisfied, Glasgow could real miss, but has scored in every game except the final, but that was not enough. I don't know what it is nah. I guess a requriement to be a striker for TNT you have to continuously out run out turn and out score everyone you come up against and never miss.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:08:35 AM »
no grskywalker....yuh jess should not score...just play

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 09:19:23 AM »
no grskywalker....yuh jess should not score...just play

True Bm dey does like to rate up potential and not scorers. Is all in ah days wuk in Trini life oui.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
glasgow do ah good job i fine, i find he has good positioning, roberts still need tuh work on dat, glasgow know where to position himself for goals, yes he may throw away but he scoring and his positioning so far has been better than roberts, sealy and bailey...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 09:40:18 AM »
allyuh doh geh meh wrong eh...i like roberts, kenwyne, cornell and all dem....but we have this habit of dissing the men who putting the final ball in the net....allyuh feel dat is ah easy artform o wha???....maybe tv does make it look easy....hear nah

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:54:40 AM »
Aye I fuh whoever doing the job I giving them meh full support.

Glascow throwaway an ting  but he put the ball in the net for we to win match so how you go gih a man pressure fuh dat. Stern score and win nuff match fuh we and dem niggas still berate him for fuh he misses. I find dese fellas does remind me ah gal when dey ready. Dey eh have no flicking testicles.

Hold it dong !
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:59:30 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 10:27:49 AM »
Tap-ins doh count man.
Every goal must be like Maradona 1986 vs England.
Or Stern bullet vs Mexico.. wait, I call the wrong name dey...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 11:41:43 AM »
Big Magician are you saying we should lower our expectation and accept mediocrity from our forwards? Our criticism about his misses is to encourage him to increase his hits. Remember fire refines gold but burns and destroy trash. Don't be afraid of the heat.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 11:51:49 AM »
Nothing is wrong with rewarding the work rate of guys like Roberts and Jones. It is their work a lot of the time that allows the likes of John and Glasgow to score. I am not taking anything away from either player and for me I'd take a shitty forward who scoring 5 goals in 5 games any day.

Glasgow did his job for the most part, but not because he scoring means that people shouldn't demand other things from him, things that we see others doing. That said, I agree with your general message of being that we do not appreciate the fact that these guys score and they score consistently.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 03:14:29 PM »
Heres the thing about Glasgow... When he's good he's magnificent... that divin header... top class goal... but when he's bad... he is as bad as it getes... fete match bad...

and when yuh have Hardest sendin only one good through ball every game yuh hadda make it count...

For many of us its not that we doh think he good... is just frustration... de man does pelt way plenty chance... yuh cyah just expect us lower our standards until he decide tuh score... we must give he pressure and cuss.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 05:03:13 PM »
man...i was going to post...but hear nah....say what...how much does some of your favourite tnt strikers throw way ??....ask that first...how much...i wont even call names..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 05:38:11 PM »
If I ever doubted that was a Trini and yes Trini not Trinbagonian site( T'bgoians eh sickening like we Triinis) is during the last 2 wks. Trins like to cuss and carrry on so when we eh have nutten to cuss and carry on about we eh happy.

So we cuss before eh ball was kicked. We say yes I tell all yuh so after the draw with B'dos. When things started to go good is because is only the C'bbean teams why we doing good. Then man say big up Wim man say he was not dey during training.

We only happy when we can quarrel. So my word to Wim make we real depress till 2010.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 06:24:33 PM »

I guess a requriement to be a striker for TNT you have to continuously out run out turn and out score everyone you come up against and never miss.
YES..Dat is de requirement!! ;) Is TNT yuh playin for....
Two islands are better than one.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 07:01:08 PM »
Big M... I agree with you, I was cussing Glasgow based on the internet radio commentary.. But after watching the semis and the finals live on Setanta, I find the man does work real hard, and even if he miss a few sitters, say what, I have seen the best in de world miss easy goals..... The man have a high work rate and may throw away a few, but de man does get into positions that most of our other strikers doh get into.....
Congrats Glasgow !!!!!!! :beermug:

1]; } ?>