May 15, 2024, 08:17:07 PM

Author Topic: Warriors to face Chile January 24  (Read 5869 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors to face Chile January 24
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 04:23:55 PM »
Well if it is then I appologies. But ah read dat and meh head get hot  ;D

No need... Chile is ah good squad... we lucky if we ent ketch 5 from dem.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »
Chile will be a very tough opposition. They have many quality young players (most of which play domestically in their very competitive and technical professional league) and have very good organization all round. I think this would be a good test our National team.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »
Chile will be a very tough opposition. They have many quality young players (most of which play domestically in their very competitive and technical professional league) and have very good organization all round. I think this would be a good test our National team.

Kingman

The squad we carry good for at least three unanswered...although I don't expect that we would've played badly.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 11:30:25 AM »

Kingman

The squad we carry good for at least three unanswered...although I don't expect that we would've played badly.

I just hope the local's whoever they maybe worked very very hard in lifing their game and started gettin everything they do on the field right and consistant

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »
well, the news says that this game is cancelled. The chileans wanted to bring the game forward, it we couldn't change the travel arrangements
 this would have been a good practice match for us tho'

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »
well, the news says that this game is cancelled. The chileans wanted to bring the game forward, it we couldn't change the travel arrangements

steups....what else is new....Guyana, start to warm up....WASA FC...all yuh warm up too just in case... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 01:49:54 PM »

steups....what else is new....Guyana, start to warm up....WASA FC...all yuh warm up too just in case... ::)
You beat me to it  :P

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 02:05:23 PM »

Is it just me, or does every one of our friendlies against non-CONCACAF opposition fall through?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 02:18:26 PM »

Is it just me, or does every one of our friendlies against non-CONCACAF opposition fall through?

No is not only u.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
This is great exposure for the lads. Hopefully they can copy some of the opposing technique and style of play.   It would be needed to compete during WC games. ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »

You didn't see the match against Brazil last Saturday?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 04:20:28 PM »
One of the problem I had with Maturana was his not setting up friendly games against SA opponents, Whether it was club or national team. The man is well known in SA. Those games would have been far better that the previous practice games we had. I feel if we had played quite a few SA teams we would have qualified for the GC.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2009, 10:45:12 AM »
One of the problem I had with Maturana was his not setting up friendly games against SA opponents, Whether it was club or national team. The man is well known in SA. Those games would have been far better that the previous practice games we had. I feel if we had played quite a few SA teams we would have qualified for the GC.

We played nuff games against South American opposition. Where you feel Guyana is located ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »
Deeks...we need South American warm ups to beat Grenada and Bdos ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 12:52:38 AM »
Pavon, Guevara lead Honduras past Chile

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP)—Carlos Pavon and Amado Guevara each scored late in the second half to lead Honduras to a 2-0 victory over Chile in an international friendly Sunday night.

Pavon, who entered midway through the second half, headed a shot past Chile goalkeeper Miguel Pinto in the 77th minute to give Honduras a 1-0 lead. Honduras scored again 8 minutes later on Amado Guevara’s penalty kick conversion.

The match between two teams in preparation for the next phase of World Cup qualifiers drew a capacity crowd at Lockhart Stadium.

Chile played at a man disadvantage for the final 55 minutes after referee Shane Mooney ejected reserve Jose Fuenzalida for a hard tackle foul on Emil Martinez in the 34th minute.

Fuenzalida, who replaced starter Luis Figueroa, played only 3 minutes before his ejection.

The player advantage resulted in two scoring opportunities for Martinez late in the first half: a shot from just inside the large area stopped by Pinto in the 38th minute, and another shot stopped by Pinto in the 40th minute.

Three minutes later, Chile’s Fabian Orellana found an opening and dribbled past two defenders deep into the Honduran goal area. His shot was deflected by goalkeeper Noel Valladares toward an open David Gazale, whose header sailed above the crossbar.

Honduras, which has reached the final phase of CONCACAF qualifiers, will play at Costa Rica on Feb. 11. Chile, currently tied for third with Argentina in the South American zone, will play its next qualifier against Peru on March 28.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009, 09:48:05 AM »
hopefully fuentes will put up some time in Argentina videos on youtube soon

1]; } ?>