May 05, 2024, 08:52:05 AM

Author Topic: Refs at WC2006 told to watch out for Crouch  (Read 5118 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Refs at WC2006 told to watch out for Crouch
« on: September 05, 2007, 02:24:11 AM »
I guess the referee for our match didn't get the memo  :cursing:

Poll: Refs told to watch Crouch
05/09/2007 - 08:57:03 

Former World Cup referee Graham Poll has claimed the game’s top officials have been told to “look out for” England striker Peter Crouch.

Poll says referees in Germany last summer were told to keep a close eye on the Liverpool forward because of his playing style.

Liverpool forward Crouch is suspended for England’s Euro 2008 qualifier with Israel on Saturday.

Poll told BBC Radio Five Live: “At the World Cup last year we were shown videos of games and the head of refereeing at FIFA said: ’Look at this big fella Crouch, he’s a real pain and he’s getting away with too much. We need to mark him out as a player we need to look out for’.

“Crouch has been picking up cautions and is out of Saturday’s match.

“We watched England’s warm-up games, and had been out there for two or three weeks before, and it was pointed out the way he used his arms. I tried to defend him, being English.”

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Refs at WC2006 told to watch out for Crouch
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 02:27:49 AM »
that boat sailed over a year ago
great timing Mr Poll ::)

it would be a VERY different story if this was mentioned soon after the TnT/England Game.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 09:02:38 AM »

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:55:08 PM »
I doh use the word 'hate' generally. I don't even really feel it if I read about him or anything but although the boat gone more than a year now, everytime I see that man on a field I just can't help myself but say 'I hate he boy!'.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »
brent shoulda cuff him in he frikkin stones.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 02:03:18 PM »
Tiefing goat !
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 03:04:08 PM »

check he face, like he permanently snort ah line ah coke

I feel dais de only reason he get selected on dat side oui, the fact that he known for he stink skills

how de hell ah man could lumber around like ah new born giraffe and still make ah int'l squad is beyond me
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 03:14:58 PM »

check he face, like he permanently snort ah line ah coke

I feel dais de only reason he get selected on dat side oui, the fact that he known for he stink skills

how de hell ah man could lumber around like ah new born giraffe and still make ah int'l squad is beyond me

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 03:53:54 PM »
Say what allyuh want eh. Crouch have skills. I find that England used him too one-dimensionally (Liverpool does too) and the last game he played in the WC against Protugal showed why he was on the England squad in the first place.

All that being said. he could still haul he mudda...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 03:56:33 PM »
still cyah understand how the ref could miss that

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 04:37:59 PM »
Because he was trailing the play and the players had their backs to him perhaps?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 06:23:55 PM »
Say what allyuh want eh. Crouch have skills. I find that England used him too one-dimensionally (Liverpool does too) and the last game he played in the WC against Protugal showed why he was on the England squad in the first place.

can he score from outside the pk box?

given his height, is he a good header of the ball?

can he beat his marker?

is he pacy?

is he strong?

is he clinical?

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, !!!!

fed up tell yuh all he is and ever will be is "has a nice touch for a big man"..

Crouch is shit!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »

can he beat his marker?

is he pacy?

is he strong?

is he clinical?

fed up tell yuh all he is and ever will be is "has a nice touch for a big man"..

Crouch is shit!

I sure you know more than Raffa, Sven and McLaren.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »

can he beat his marker?

is he pacy?

is he strong?

is he clinical?

Crouch is shit!

but of course..

but you know how hard it is for a black man to get into football management?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 07:52:19 PM »

can he beat his marker?

is he pacy?

is he strong?

is he clinical?

Crouch is shit!

but of course..

but you know how hard it is for a black man to get into football management?

LOL

Any luck getting the Spanish league?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 07:58:38 PM »
Crouch is an untalented, lanky, overrated piece of trash. The End.
Hart for president

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 04:53:45 AM »

I say the replay of the game some months ago and I looked at the moment he scored and to be fair it happened so quickly and it was not very obvious.  Also, depending on the position of the ref, he could have missed it. 

That being said.....Crouch you is ah long tiefing mutant!!!.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 05:35:40 AM »
Team Appearances (Goals)

Peter Crouch:
Aston Villa (6)
Southampton 27 (12)
Liverpool 65 (17)
England 20 (12)

Wayne Rooney:
Everton 67 (15)
Manchester United 101 (41)
England 38 (12)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3IPJnbINQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9d5oMFFV0Q

What a hell of a shtihong.

I not saying the man is Pele, or even Rooney. All I saying is that he not useless. - at least vs Jamaica.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 05:46:54 AM »
JMO, I think crouch has a nice touch, no kicks, and i would go further to say, to me he's better than shriek, is agile for a big man, and find's the back of the net fairly easily, and even though he pulled sancho's dreads and scored, doesn't negate the fact that he's a skilled player, it just mean's that he's cheaky and yuh have to watch him closely. but i rate crouch as a good ball playing big man, and to besides , it's our fault for letting sancho mark the giant instead of our 6-7" mini giant, but say what , yuh live and learn.                   positive.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:57:44 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 11:54:27 AM »
JMO, I think crouch has a nice touch, no kicks, and i would go further to say, to me he's better than shriek and is agile for a big man who find's the back of the net fairly easily, and even though he pulled sancho's dreads and scored, doesn't negate the fact that he's a skilled player, it just mean's that he's cheaky and yuh have to watch him closely. but i rate crouch as a good ball playing big man, and to besides , it's our fault for letting sancho mark the giant instead of our 6-7" mini giant, but say what , yuh live and learn.                   positive.
Good post...as much as I was livid when he pull Sancho hair...especially since he scored on the play, yuh have to grudgingly admit that shit like that happens on the pitch.  It doesn't make it right, but it puts his actions in the proper perspective...alongside the rest of the 'dirty' or borderline behavior on the pitch, no different.

The man have good skills, especially for someone as tall and as ungainly as he is...appears to be when he's running.  He's as out of place on the pitch as a fat man playing competitive basketball...we not used to seeing it, but the touch (both scoring and on the ball) and talent is apparent for the objective eye to discern.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:44:25 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 12:04:08 PM »
haha hear dese fuking jokers... yall have me agreeing  with bake and shark lol..

Crouch= Great goal scorer..

A strikers job...score goals ..you fukin retards

Ruud...great goal scorer

Stern...great goal scorer..

even though you may call them "goats"... they produce goals as they do their job better than many many strikers... a great goal scorer is a striker that can be present for 5 mins out of 90 but yet scores 1 or 2 goals which bags 3 points

so once again you assholes on this forum proved to the world that trini's dont know shit about the game

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »
Watch out and doh say nutten was in we referee memo.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 12:22:52 PM »
Yuh cyar vex with Crouch, he do wha he hah to do to score,is up to the ref to blow de whistle ...but is Sancho I vex wid, ah mean oh gawd man after the man pull he dread  Brent shudda rest de hurt on him. He had other opportunies to tackle him .I eh care if he get send off ,at least leh him feel it on de pitch for wha he do.. good for one good for all ..I personally wudda break he foot sure sure sure and tek meh red card.We only leh de man geh way. >:(
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:25:24 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 06:43:50 AM »
Yuh cyar vex with Crouch, he do wha he hah to do to score,is up to the ref to blow de whistle ...but is Sancho I vex wid, ah mean oh gawd man after the man pull he dread  Brent shudda rest de hurt on him. He had other opportunies to tackle him .I eh care if he get send off ,at least leh him feel it on de pitch for wha he do.. good for one good for all ..I personally wudda break he foot sure sure sure and tek meh red card.We only leh de man geh way. >:(

And we woulda call it the Ancil Elcock tackle.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 07:23:38 AM »
haha hear dese f**king jokers... yall have me agreeing  with bake and shark lol..

Crouch= Great goal scorer..

A strikers job...score goals ..you f**kin retards

Ruud...great goal scorer

Stern...great goal scorer..

even though you may call them "goats"... they produce goals as they do their job better than many many strikers... a great goal scorer is a striker that can be present for 5 mins out of 90 but yet scores 1 or 2 goals which bags 3 points

so once again you assholes on this forum proved to the world that trini's dont know shit about the game

Ah really woulda prefer to use mih 1999th post for something more edifying than this but tough...

SM, yuh know I respect your passion and what not, but yuh should try taking yuh head out ah england ass for a little while and look around you from time to time...

As a trini you should know the difference between critical judgement and mauvais langue. When you doh like a man, yuh doh like him. Obviously if I call the man a goat, and leave it there without going into any explanation, it doh necessarily reflect on the man true capacities.

Dat is why men like Disgruntled could pound Stern day in and day out. Stern take he gyul and nothing he do on the field could change how Disgrunteld see him. Crouch stunt against Sancho just make all who didn't like him before sure to never like him. He could win world player of the year and he will still be a "goat". Doh take it on.

Let me give you a parallel. Is the same blasted way all yuh English partners could spend months before every world cup trying to convince everybody that their players and team is the best in the world (Crouch included) They doh really mean it. Is just "bling patriotism" to quote somebody ah know.

So all of it is just "pure hate". Crouch is better than a lot of we give him credit for and worse than a lot of other people give him credit for Is things like that that does make this place interesting. Doh take it on. If you want to discuss football "seriously" as yuh say, go find one of your English forums , but doh believe that being English necessarily mean knowing everything there is to know about football either.

Cos it sure as hell doh mean knowing how to win a World Cup anytime soon.

Ta-ta
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 07:43:45 AM »
So all of it is just "pure hate". Crouch is better than a lot of we give him credit for and worse than a lot of other people give him credit for Is things like that that does make this place interesting. Doh take it on. If you want to discuss football "seriously" as yuh say, go find one of your English forums , but doh believe that being English necessarily mean knowing everything there is to know about football either.
Cos it sure as hell doh mean knowing how to win a World Cup anytime soon.

Ta-ta

you hit de nail on day head :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:49:30 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 08:38:41 AM »
Great post Midknight! You didn't waste your approaching milestone post, I think that edifying the young is what we need more of. I'm sure that with more experience and time Small Mag will have a more balanced view of things in general but good on you to start the ball rolling for him. The question now is who is there in this virtual family to help him broaden his vocabulary?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 08:06:56 PM »
allyuh still bitching at Crouch..steups
dat hair pulling and worse does happen all the time and go unnoticed.

anyway.. Crouch have a nice touch for ah big man  ;D
he is we secret weapon for Champions League..dat is why he ent getting a sweat in de EPL  ;)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 11:50:51 AM »
Start at around the 9 minute mark  :beermug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrkKWEyftWE

Offline maxg