May 14, 2024, 02:43:29 PM

Author Topic: Injury forces Spann out W/Cup squad.  (Read 28390 times)

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
Re: INJURY FORCES SPANN OUT W/CUP SQUAD
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 10:33:55 AM »
meh belly hurting meh with da one

go on spann keep yuh head up man when life gives u lemons

i feeling it for u

does anyone kno if this means we will  not even be able to train with the team when theyt arrive in germany?? in attempt to lull potential suitors

any fifa sanctions about that??

Shotta we can only wish but even a light hamstring pull would put you out for 2-3 weeks with soreness, only walking and light jogging would be possible!

I feeling sick this morning...... really hurt for Spann..... Wish he could at least stay in Germany with de Team, for the experience, it ent right fuh de man to be watching dem game from home......

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 10:34:09 AM »
Although I’m happy Wise get a chance its sad that Spann had to go this could be very difficult for him because he’s without a team and the world cup would have been his chance to showcase his talent  
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 10:44:17 AM »
Daiz a serious hard luck for Silvio for real, he picked up this injury during training?  Was it recurring?  May have been answered before, so excuse meh if ah miss it....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM »
JAH RASTAFARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:(

I not sure if this is a good thing or bad. Ah feel sorry for Spann and Happy for Wise. Spann would have been more of a work horse in the middle but Evans is more creative and  has matured nicely. Well all the best to my T&T squad same way.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 10:47:16 AM »
Tough break for Spann.  There is a player on the U.S. team who was on the World Cup 23 both in 2002 and 2006 and BOTH times got ruled out late because of injury.  So that is how it go sometimes.

Evans Wise.....  COME EEEEEENNNNNN

Leh we see wha yuh could do meh boy.

Bless

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 10:47:55 AM »
i havent posted on here in a long time but that one hurt meh heart I like that youth Spann too bad and I was calling for him since bertil was actin  fool...I really sorry to hear that  but he's a tough youth and something big go work out for him...I just pray he eh get discourage  and take this time to drive himself back into shape and work harder...we still have a core available for the next world cup and he to me will be one of the leading lights.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 10:49:42 AM »
I am realy sorry that this has happend to Spann. He is one of the hardest working individual on the field. We will miss his presence in the world cup. To the players that's left on the team, please go out there and give you all for Spann and the rest of the country. U should all give 110% to make up for this loss.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 10:52:01 AM »
me I alomost run water boy. Ah had to tell me self, us is a big man and stop that shit.... Nuf respect Spann. U served us well. True soldier

MickeyRat

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 10:52:57 AM »
Hard luck Spann, keep yuh head up padna.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006, 11:02:24 AM »
oh shit dis rell sucks hoss

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006, 11:03:33 AM »
what a dissapointment... lord... Jayerson yuh have meh heart sink back into meh chest... oh.. well... they say from death comes life... Wise... yuh better step on up.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2006, 11:09:13 AM »
I really think Spann should be given the oppurtuniity to stay with the 23-man team....not to play in the WC.....but to be part of the WC experience...he at least deserve that much........Come on step up jack Warner..help the man out...he put the country before his career...a true warrior !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2006, 11:20:15 AM »
That have to be one of the hardest things could happen to a man.  Thanks for everything Silvio and keep yuh head up man. 

A True Warrior  :salute:

Offline okaki

• Jr. Warrior
  • Go! Silvio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2006, 11:25:20 AM »
 i cry cry cry.....orz

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2006, 11:33:25 AM »
I really think Spann should be given the oppurtuniity to stay with the 23-man team....not to play in the WC.....but to be part of the WC experience...he at least deserve that much........Come on step up jack Warner..help the man out...he put the country before his career...a true warrior !!

Unfortunately...he cannot be part of the OFFICIAL TEAM.  You have to name your 23 man sqaud plus technical staff.  They are the one's will be given accreditation etc.  Not even Manning or Panday (good ting because dem would blight de team anyway) coulda be in de official party.

This is very sad news but injury is part of sporting life.  A sad and depressing part, but part of it none the less.  I echo the sentiments of almost everyone here re: Spanner but hopefully, another opportunity will come along for him.  We have lost a very versatile player whose versatility and special attributes cannot be replaced.

However, we have gained the very different and special attributes of another player in Evans Wise.  It looks as if the footballing GODS intended to have Evans Wise on this team.  I'm ecstatic for him and I hope he seizes this opportunity with both feet.

As for those who was wishin Wolfe would get left out.....meh gran always used to say....if yuh eh have nutting good to say....bess yuh doh say nutting.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2006, 11:36:04 AM »
When he heals Spann can look forward to a senior role in the 2010 qualifiers.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »
I real feeling it for him. Dat real sad. To make matters worse he wasnt taking on any contract talks until after the world cup. Now he not even getting a chance to be there. My sympathies silvio but once you know God in control, things work out. Keep strong.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2006, 11:51:28 AM »
All the best Mr. Spann. I know you can use this experience to lead us into the next campaign. Please Lord, no more injuries

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »
all the best to spann and when he heals he should fo for a professional contract first then study international football that should be his priority
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »
hopefully Beanie could get de man some trials

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2006, 12:05:11 PM »
Jack will hook him up!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2006, 12:06:09 PM »
mr Spann, lift up your head and hold it up high.  it's tough i know but these are just the vicissitudes of life...

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2006, 12:12:20 PM »
Truly Sad News.  Ah feeling it for yuh Spann.  But I am not worried for you, with your faith in God you will rebound and lead the charge for the 2010 campaign.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2006, 12:16:22 PM »
dat real hard for dat mn to take boy,  but he seems like a thru team player. hard luck bro, take in in stride and come back a better player.

i eally think he should be in ger still, not a part of the team but should be thee all the same, i remembered hearin something about when we had the 24 befor that whoever get dropped then will stil go to germany to look at the games (anyone can add if i`m wrong, cause i`m not 100% sure) if thats the care antony would be there and i think pann shold also.

but with this injure what does that do for glen, iz he fully fit? if not would he be allowed to stay with the team, hopin he would be ready for atlease the second game?

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2006, 12:22:08 PM »
ah like wise eh buh
wear he gonna play
i wud pick samuel and latas ova him so unless latas or samuel playing upfront i eh see wise gehin too much time

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2006, 12:26:31 PM »
Spann, keep your head up and feet firmly on the ground, big things are in store for you in the future. Get well soon and lead our team through 2010!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Heartbreaker!!!
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2006, 12:46:05 PM »
Silvio I really feel it for you! A real trooper and a consumate professional. Your faith, positive attitude combined with your skill will make sure you come back. This is a heartbreaker I know, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! South Africa 2010 my friend!!!! Stay focused and Vibes it up!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2006, 12:54:36 PM »
tears reach my eyes.... i feeling it for him...  lawd fada...  dsi my boi 2010 we will qualify just for you

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Injury forces Spann out W/Cup squad.
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2006, 01:09:08 PM »
Silvio, soory to hear this terrible news. I already bet money on yuh. Yuh is ah good soldier and we go be backin yuh to skipper de Team in 2010. All de best and maybe Jack Warner could spend a money to allow Spaan to at least be a spectator in Trini colors at the World Cup. No way he should go home and not be there to cheer his Teamates on.  Yes! his Teamates....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Injury forces Spann out W/Cup squad.
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2006, 01:17:55 PM »
I am really sad to hear about Spann. He put his career on hold for the WC. Spann is an excellent player and I know he will bounce back from this even stronger... Best Wishes from all of the supporters...

1]; } ?>