May 06, 2024, 05:10:01 AM

Author Topic: Edwards back in T&T squad as Warriors eye Jamaica.  (Read 9504 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Edwards back in T&T squad as Warriors eye Jamaica.
« on: March 20, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
Edwards back in T&T squad as Warriors eye Jamaica.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF Media).

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana will welcome Carlos Edwards back into the national team when an 18-man squad travels to Kingston on Monday to take on the “Reggae Boyz” in Wednesday’s friendly international at the National Stadium there.

Edwards was named in the 18-man squad and both he and Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones will fly in to Kingston on Sunday night along with three other invited overseas players – forward Darryl Roberts (Sparta Rotterdam), Collin Samuel (Toronto FC) and defender Osei Telesford out of the United States.

Following T&T’s 1-0 win over El Salvador on Wednesday night, Maturana confirmed his squad for the Jamaica  encounter. Twelve of the players who were in the squad on Wednesday will travel to Jamaica and they include goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, Glenroy Samuel, Kern Cupid, Keston Williams, Keon Daniel, Aurtis Whitley, Akeem Adams, Jamaal Gay, Khaleem Hyland, Makan Hislop, Randi Patterson and Kerry Baptiste. The only new addition is defender Keyeno Thomas who recently recovered from injury.

Maturana explained his selection, saying “The team is a mixture of what we had in the last game and then we have the overseas players coming in. It’s a good chance to see how well they can play together against a team like Jamaica who are very good at home. I was pleased with the effort against El Salvador and I hope that we can do even better against the Jamaican team. It’s an important game for our preparations and we will try to prepare well and take everything with us into the game,” he told TTFF Media.

“It is also very good to see Carlos Edwards back in the national team and it will be good to see how the other players fit in with players like him and the others from overseas who are coming in.”

Assistant coach Anton Corneal also echoed similar thoughts, adding “This game will be a good eye opener in the sense of playing a top CONCACAF team away from home that is very difficult to beat on their home turf. They will also bringing back several of their top overseas player so it will be a good test for us.

Jamaican striker Deon Burton, now with Sheffield Wedneday has been recalled Rene Simoes for Wednesday’s game. He will be joined by twelve other overseaspros including captain Ricardo Gardner (Bolton), Marlon King (Wigan), Donovan Ricketts (Bradford City), Demar Phillips (Stoke City), Luton Shelton (Sheffield United), Omar Daley (Bradford City), Ian Goodison (Tranmere Rovers), Demar Stewart (Royal White Star, Belgium), Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Barnsley), O' Neil Thompson (Nottoden, Norway), Khari Stephenson (AIK Stockholm, Sweden), and Tyrone Marshall (Toronto FC).

Meantime, a local-based contingent of Jamaican national team players returned to Kingston on Wednesday after a seven-match tour of Brazil where they won three games, drew three and lost one. They defeated Tigers 1-0, Parana Clube 3-2 and Atletico Paranaense 2-1; drew with Estacia University 2-2, Operario 1-1 and Coritiba 1-1, and lost 0-2 to Avai FC.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 04:43:55 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards back in T&T squad as Warriors eye Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 08:05:51 PM »
lets go warriors. lets beat dem boys in the house
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
Oh gosh boi meh boy Edwards back in T&T colours, this making meh feel rel good now.. dont expect nothing less but victory next wednesday...I expect young players like Keon Daniel and Hyland will show why they are much talked about...... and Kenwyne Jones and Roberts will terrorise JA defence
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:23:24 PM by Sando prince »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:27:32 PM »
Everybody better PRAY to every single deity known to mankind (and some not known) dat Edwards come thru dat game unscathed.

Because if he get injured and cyah play fuh he club.....it go be a serious serious ting.

Carlos Edwards DID NOT HAVE TO PLAY THIS MATCH and I'm not quite sure why we're insisting that he does.  Especially in light of the fact that we allegedly have all these "friendlies" coming up.  He will have ample opportunity to practice with the team then.

Dis is essentially a fete match and is dis kinda ting dat does contribute fuh club managers to regard us in de way that they do. 

There was no need for this call up at all.  Especially so soon after comin back from injury. 

Watch and see how he go pick up a lil strain durin de Aston Villa match and eh go no way.  And me eh give Sunderland wrong fuh dat needah.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »
Everybody better PRAY to every single deity known to mankind (and some not known) dat Edwards come thru dat game unscathed.

Because if he get injured and cyah play fuh he club.....it go be a serious serious ting.

Carlos Edwards DID NOT HAVE TO PLAY THIS MATCH and I'm not quite sure why we're insisting that he does.  Especially in light of the fact that we allegedly have all these "friendlies" coming up.  He will have ample opportunity to practice with the team then.

Dis is essentially a fete match and is dis kinda ting dat does contribute fuh club managers to regard us in de way that they do. 

There was no need for this call up at all.  Especially so soon after comin back from injury. 

Watch and see how he go pick up a lil strain durin de Aston Villa match and eh go no way.  And me eh give Sunderland wrong fuh dat needah.

Promoters/Associations normally say which players must be in the opposing team for them to put out the money.I remember Burrell once said for a game in Jamaica,it will only happen if Yorke and Latapy playing for Trinidad.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 09:09:26 PM »
Palos exactly what I was coming 2 post. He betta a break a fingure nail in dat game. Bringin him back just show d TTFF lack vision and foresight
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 09:37:51 PM »

PALOS YOU HIT THE FRICKING NAIL ON HE BLASTED HEAD. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOY THAT IS MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEWWE HOPE AND PRAY THAT HE DON'T GET INJURED BECAUSE THAT WILL BE HORRID. AS FAR AS I SEE IT, YES IT IS IN PREPARATION BUT THIS GAME IS MORE ABOUT BRAGGING RIGHTS. I DID NOT FEEL SO COMFORTABLE THAT HE GOT CALLED UP SO SOON AFTER HIS INJURY AND TO BOOT THEM JAMAICANS DOES PELT AND I REPEAT PELT REAL BLADE. SO LET US HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 09:38:30 PM »
Maybe Carlos himself wants to play...I think he should have a say.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 09:49:32 PM »
Neither ah them should come and play ,Sunderland need every point to survive .I would not even get to see this game ,but I could watch all Sund games in the Prem next season .....unless they go dong by a few points .

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 09:50:08 PM »

Well said :beermug:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 10:32:26 PM »

Well said :beermug:

Not totally sure of this but if that should happen, I believe TTFF might be able to request that he not be allowed to play in the game against West Ham the following saturday. So let we be careful what we wish for.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 10:39:50 PM »
If he get a knock he go only b out 4 d TNT game because of d travel involve especially as d TTFF does fly man coach
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 10:50:11 PM »
If he get a knock he go only b out 4 d TNT game because of d travel involve especially as d TTFF does fly man coach

To be fair, dem players who play in de las Hex fly fuss class right tru when dey come back fuh games.  De whole team fly fuss class fuh de Bahrain game in Bahrain.  Hell...dey charter a whole plane and supporters pay $ etc to go and support de team.

Maybe dat eh such a bad idea.  Coach fuh yuh ass until yuh qualify fuh de Hex.. ;D

Is not like Kenwyne, Carlos, Stern etc cyah afford to upgrade deyself anyway... 8)

Yes..ah tryin to tink like Jacula day... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 10:55:59 PM »
Tink and Jacula in d same sentence ummm

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 12:18:49 AM »
Tink and Jacula in d same sentence ummm

good ting ah ent just do no operation because boy... ah would buss some stiches today weary.

comic relief 101
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dspfootballer

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 01:12:30 AM »
Its my opinion but I wish Jones and Edwards stay with there employer and not return for a friendly against Jamaica.
  First of all we should be playing friendly against quality non-CONCACAF teams.  I would recommend teams in South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania.  We are playing the same teams for friendlies and WC qualification.  How is our football experience under these circumstances.

Edwards and Jones if the return to T&T should practice with the team but not play in friendlies where they risk their career because of wild tackling potential.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 04:29:09 AM »

Fete match?? You dont play fete matches when you play in Kingston Palos. Save that for when you play in Port Of Spain.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 04:38:58 AM »
Its my opinion but I wish Jones and Edwards stay with there employer and not return for a friendly against Jamaica.
  First of all we should be playing friendly against quality non-CONCACAF teams.  I would recommend teams in South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania.  We are playing the same teams for friendlies and WC qualification.  How is our football experience under these circumstances.

Edwards and Jones if the return to T&T should practice with the team but not play in friendlies where they risk their career because of wild tackling potential.

Football is a contact sport. no? You sounding like a little girl on this line: "..but not play in friendlies where they risk their career because of wild tackling potential.."

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards back in T&T squad as Warriors eye Jamaica.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 04:58:18 AM »
football stereotype, Jamaicans are hackers and we ent talking bout pc.  heard that from one of your own football commentators some yrs ago in ah gold cup game. carlos is going to share beat like d free chow on Wednesday and its likely that he will get hacked down

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 06:09:06 AM »
I wonder why Akeil Edwards wasn't chosen...He would have been the first choice left back...he started against Guadeloupe

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 07:06:06 AM »
Jamaica comming out full force I see.. let see how our young players going to react .. JA on paper have a wicked squad I wish De young lads good luck.. As I have stated before I like Trini Coach the man looking like he knows what he is doing .. Good Luck in de office .
Warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 07:13:33 AM »
football stereotype, Jamaicans are hackers and we ent talking bout pc.  heard that from one of your own football commentators some yrs ago in ah gold cup game. carlos is going to share beat like d free chow on Wednesday and its likely that he will get hacked down

Carlos rass aint touch a ball in about 6 months , I will suprise to see if he remember how to trapp a flicking ball.. He rass should a stay in England and let somone else play seriously.. and about blade passing Dem English bwoy dem aint know bout dat type of football . We could pass blade too, So I aint worry bout dat.. De only thing I am worry about is dat we playing our Rivals with a B team while dey are going guns out with a couple of there regular players missing only...This team JA is using,  will  see a lot of games in de qualifiers . Simoes Love "1 Love" Deon Burton so he will be part of JA squad for many games to come on there Journey to "back to Africa" Good Luck and wish the best of our Young Players..
War...

War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 07:21:29 AM »
I hope they play him for 45 mins then replace him with either colin samuel or baptiste....I predict this team
         phillips
cupid osei hislop adams
carlos whitley hyland keon
      kenwyn roberts

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 07:27:28 AM »
Wait... Clayton Ince not involved? And how Jan Michael Williams disappear off the map jes so?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 07:34:31 AM »

The English started this "Jamaicans are too aggressive type" because our slave ancestors would not simply lie down and be treated as such. And so it has been carried throughout the decades. ;D

But didn't I read a report Thursday on how the Soca Warriors were physical against the Salvadorans that the referee had to blow his whistle frequently. What's up with that?

Like Reggaefan said: Football is a contact. So on the 26th tell your Warriors "Nuh dish out whey yu caan tek. ;D
jjbrown

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 07:36:20 AM »
Wait... Clayton Ince not involved? And how Jan Michael Williams disappear off the map jes so?
Ent he  de keeper dat a cuban player string up from pass half line? if is he .. he is a serious shithound... I will have love to see Ince But I really aint know whats going on..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 07:42:42 AM »
Can anyone post the age group of this T&T team.

Kenwyne Jones, Darryl Roberts, Collin Samuel, Carlos Edwards, Osei Telesford, Marvin Phillip, Glenroy Samuel, Kern Cupid, Keston Williams, Keon Daniel, Aurtis Whitley, Akeem Adams, Jamaal Gay, Khaleem Hyland, Makan Hislop, Randi Patterson, Kerry Baptiste, Keyeno Thomas.

Tallman, e-man, anybody..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 07:55:32 AM »
Football a contact sporttttttttttttt really thanks 4 d education.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 08:05:05 AM »
Football a contact sporttttttttttttt really thanks 4 d education.
Your Warriors certainly played hard contact sport against the Salvadorans, didn't they.

That's what your regular sports reporter wrote. Didn't he. ;D
jjbrown

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 08:09:31 AM »
Is Carlos and Jones good enough to lead this youthful team? Carlos is still not at peak form and Jones is looking to regain his scoring poweress.

Jamaica:  more overseas veterans; experience.

TNT: a mix of youthful  inexperience and some veterans. Will this be enough?

It looks as if Jamaica is going for  results and TNT still in the experimental stage. No Ince? ( Stern and Scotty on another blacklist?); What  did Birchall ( who will forget his decisive goal?) do to  deserve this alienation and constant omission?

Are we strong enough in the midfield? will our youthful defense withstand the barrage?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 08:11:35 AM by AB.Trini »

1]; } ?>