May 20, 2024, 03:53:51 PM

Author Topic: Megson job on the line after bust-up with Jlloyd  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Megson job on the line after bust-up with Jlloyd
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:01:43 PM »
Megson job on the line after bust-up with Jlloyd
By Neil Ashton (News of the World)

GARY MEGSON is battling to save his job after an extraordinary bust-up with defender JLloyd Samuel.

The Bolton chief flew into a half-time rage at Wolves last weekend and the pair went "nose-to-nose" during their amazing scenes.

Bolton's stunned players, who were trailing 1-0 at Molineux, had to separate the pair before any punches could be thrown.

And the explosive row, allied with Bolton's poor form, means Megson now has just two games to save his job, with former England manager Steve McClaren being chairman Phil Gartside's top choice to replace him.

After the bust-ups between manager Tony Pulis and striker James Beattie at Stoke, and boss Jim Magilton and midfielder Akos Buzsaky at QPR, the Bolton flare-up is the third to rock English football in a crazy week.

According to Reebok sources, Samuel was the peacemaker when Megson launched into his players at the break at Wolves.

Megson began a tirade at two Bolton players that was only interrupted when Samuel told his manager "enough's enough".

The Bolton left-back told Megson it was a team game and that others were also responsible for Jody Craddock's third-minute goal.

That prompted Megson to turn on Samuel in a vicious exchange, with both hurling insults at each other and the defender adding: "It's no wonder none of the players want to play for you."

That appeared to be the case in the second half when Wolves scored again through Nanad Melijas.

Although Bolton pegged them back when Johan Elmander - who replaced Samuel after 71 mintues - scored, they could not find an equaliser.

The defeat left Megson's side second bottom of the Premier League and without a win since October.

Dramatic

Megson had already ruffled the feathers of the players by demanding that they return to the north west before they flew to Ireland for their Christmas party.

The players had wanted to travel from Birmingham International straight after the game, but Megson vetoed it.

Instead they had to board the team bus before flying out of Manchester airport on Sunday evening to begin their party.

It seems troubles continue to mount for Megson, now a visit from fellow strugglers West Ham followed by a journey to Wigan could see him out of a job.

Chairman Gartside has assured senior players that dramatic changes would be made if results didn't turn around quickly.

And former England and Middlesbrough boss McClaren is Gartside's top target to replace his beleaguered manager.

McClaren may have been a dud for the national side but he was reasonably successful at Middlesbrough and in Holland has been a revelation at the helm of FC Twente.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Megson job on the line after bust-up with Jlloyd
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »
Was wondering why he didn't play today.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 06:09:44 PM »
my god i was watching bolton vs man city today, them fellas poor.. tevez third goal it seemed like about 3 defenders around the man and he still score.   fabrice muamba the holding mid who used to be an arsenal youth product...i know see why they sell him, he was poor today, no composure.    i cant remember who played at left back today for bolton but that whole defense need a purge.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 06:12:10 PM »
my god i was watching bolton vs man city today, them fellas poor.. tevez third goal it seemed like about 3 defenders around the man and he still score.   fabrice muamba the holding mid who used to be an arsenal youth product...i know see why they sell him, he was poor today, no composure.    i cant remember who played at left back today for bolton but that whole defense need a purge.

The short white fella Robinson played LB, was dissapointing cause they got the lead 3 times then to go blow it...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 06:14:50 PM »
maybe andre can come an give we an exclusive soon

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 10:03:16 PM »
Megson hails 'terrific' troops
Trotters boss pleased with City showing

Bolton boss Gary Megson was disappointed to only take a point from Manchester City but felt his side put in a commendable display.

The Trotters chief was forced to settle for a share of the spoils after an epic contest at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday ended 3-3.

The hosts took the lead three times against the high-flying Blues, through an Ivan Klasnic brace and a Gary Cahill wonder goal, but found themselves pegged back on each occasion by a double from Carlos Tevez and a composed finish from Micah Richards.

Bolton have now gone six games without a win, and remain second from bottom in the Premier League table, but Megson feels performances are improving.

He told Sky Sports: "I think the way the game went, with us taking the lead three times and playing exceptionally well against one of the bigger clubs in this country, we are disappointed that we haven't picked up three points. But if before the game anyone had said that we would have got a point I think they would have felt that was stretching it a little bit.

"But I thought we were terrific, everyone one of them worked their socks off.

"We played some decent stuff at times and at times we looked a bit hesitant, but I would expect that given the position we are in. But that has got to be a pointer for us and allow us to take our season forward now."

He added: "We didn't drop. There have been times when we have gone a goal behind and heads haven't dropped but the atmosphere changes and it gets very difficult.

Fortune
"But today we stressed the importance of scoring the opening goal, we always do, and of late we haven't done that. But today we scored that first goal and then the opposition have to come at you.

"Today, even though the first goal was offside, I think Jussi (Jaaskelainen) would save their first goal if Tevez's shot doesn't get a wicked deflection off Tamir (Cohen) and Robbo's (Paul Robinson) got a deflection to the second one as well.

"Not taking anything away from City, but I don't think things are going right for us at the moment in terms of fortune."

Next up for Bolton is meeting with fellow strugglers West Ham on Tuesday and Megson is hoping the Trotters can produce a similar showing in midweek.

"It was a good performance from the team, some better than others, but there was nobody I was particularly disappointed with," he added.

"Hopefully on Tuesday we can pick up from where we left off. Hopefully Klasnic is fit, because I'm being told I don't know what I'm doing when I bring him off but he had come over five minutes beforehand and told me he needed to come off.

"That's the way things go and I have to put up with that, but hopefully we can pick up where we left off."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5767580,00.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Megson - Bust-up claims 'scurrilous'
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 05:47:10 AM »
Megson - Bust-up claims 'scurrilous'
The Press Association

Bolton boss Gary Megson has described suggestions of a recent bust-up with Jlloyd Samuel as "scurrilous" and designed to cause problems.

Megson is reported to have gone 'nose to nose' with Samuel during a half-time rant at his players in the 2-1 defeat at Wolves nine days ago and the report further claimed former England manager Steve McClaren is being lined up by chairman Phil Gartside to replace Megson due to his increasingly fractious relationship with the players.

"What went on with Jlloyd at Wolves was a professional thing in terms of an incident I saw on the pitch on which I was proven right," Megson said. "It (the story) was done on purpose. The stuff that was in it, most of it was scurrilous, was deemed to cause problems, but it wasn't true."

He added: "Jlloyd didn't think I was right, but he was shown a DVD of it at the time, and I was proven to be right. End of story. Finished.

"I feel I've every right to say what I feel. Jlloyd has his right to say what he feels, as does everybody else.

"It happened again on Saturday against City. I had a go at one of our players I thought should be doing better, and it will happen again against West Ham."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Megson - Bust-up claims 'scurrilous'
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 06:53:49 AM »

"What went on with Jlloyd at Wolves was a professional thing in terms of an incident I saw on the pitch on which I was proven right," Megson said.

He added: "Jlloyd didn't think I was right, but he was shown a DVD of it at the time, and I was proven to be right. End of story. Finished.

"I feel I've every right to say what I feel. Jlloyd has his right to say what he feels, as does everybody else.

If that is the case Mr. Megson, then why yuh sub the man in the next game and put on that shithound called Paul Robinson?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Megson - Bust-up claims 'scurrilous'
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 08:29:05 AM »

"What went on with Jlloyd at Wolves was a professional thing in terms of an incident I saw on the pitch on which I was proven right," Megson said.

If that is the case Mr. Megson, then why yuh sub the man in the next game and put on that shithound called Paul Robinson?

despite all that he did get a favourable result against the richest club in the world. maybe he might be seeing something out there that them fellas need to own up to but his delivery might be wat the problem is.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »
Megson seems like a fiery hard-nosed sort of manager that you need to have thick skin to work well with...

All in a day's work if that's the poison you pick. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 10:24:43 AM »
If was Keane who do dat yuh woulda see how much asshole he get call on dis forum.  How Megson gettin off so easy here?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 10:30:32 AM »
If was Keane who do dat yuh woulda see how much asshole he get call on dis forum.  How Megson gettin off so easy here?

I's say the same thing with Keane...pain in the @$$ manager that yuh love or hate....

It eh Keane v Megson- it's Jlloyd v Dwight Yorke. 

I think men get on Keano because Dwight Yorke was the subject of his abuse...men eh givin' JLloyd that kinda love yet  :D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 11:18:43 AM »

Because there are differing accounts as to what actually took place.  I for one was set to blast him and to support Jlloyd based on the first account.  The later reports reminded me not to trust the gossip-mongering British press.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 12:35:39 PM »
News of the World is not a source of news.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 01:20:46 PM »
To put things in a bit of perspective

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/_ioE0v_XyNQ&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/_ioE0v_XyNQ&amp;feature=related</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ocZlx6niaX8&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ocZlx6niaX8&amp;feature=related</a>
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 01:23:30 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>