May 21, 2024, 01:38:58 AM

Author Topic: Keane recalls Yorke via text message.  (Read 6802 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: Keane recalls Yorke via text message.
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 09:54:27 AM »
Yuh feel is just alyuh...ah scared like is ah bully meeting meh after school in ah alley. :nailbiting:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 10:04:33 AM »
I done squeeze two lime on meh head...

....and fellas we training in de ballroom cuz we going and dance on de USA tomorrow.... 
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »
....and fellas we training in de ballroom cuz we going and dance on de USA tomorrow.... 
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 10:43:05 AM »
Still nothing reported at this end about this, either on safc.com or by the echo.

The only thing the echo has is a report on your last match in which it says Carlos didn't play particularly well  and was subbed at half time.

I find it strange to say the least, especially a text message.  No doubt it will all come out in the wash.

Good luck for the match anyway.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 10:48:23 AM »
Man speculatin because of 4 letters TTFF from d past as Palos say dey cyah organize sex in a whore house and until dey get dat correck man rightfully would assume dey mess up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »
One thing is for sure is that this message board is a haven for sideline gum bumpers.  Allyuh must learn to rest yuh throat (fingers) until yuh have all the info.  How allyuh know that they didn't contact every high school gym in the area and couldn't get a time slot?  What if all the suitable facilities in the area were closed due to the weather conditions? How allyuh know that they had a place secured but decided for safety reasons that they should just stay put.....  What about if the rain and wind were such that it was advisable not to drive?  If they decided to drive 45 mins to a gym and got in a bus accident (and God forbid there were any casualities), ah bet allyuh woulda be complaining that they so dotish to try to venture out in the bad weather.... Why allyuh doh just hush and stop bad-talking everything for a change.  If the ballroom was big enough to get a light workout in to get the heart rate up and keep the muscles loose then so be it- at least they were resourceful and didn't sit just sit around, eat, drink and watch TV....My only concern is not the embarassment factor, but that the carpet surface could have led to injury depending on the type of drills and intensity, but it doesn't seem that that happened....Now if someone could go and prove that the mgmt staff didn't do their best in this instance, then go ahead let the cussin' begin  :D

The point is this:  Well organized teams have personnel who deal with such logistics, and an alternate site would have been included in such planning.  Didn't Beenie specifically hire someone to deal with such logistics for Germany?  That is the point I'm really trying to make; we need to step up our level of planning for these trips.  There's always some kind disruption when we travel, and these things can sometimes impact our performance on the field.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 11:02:48 AM »
One thing is for sure is that this message board is a haven for sideline gum bumpers.  Allyuh must learn to rest yuh throat (fingers) until yuh have all the info.  How allyuh know that they didn't contact every high school gym in the area and couldn't get a time slot?  What if all the suitable facilities in the area were closed due to the weather conditions? How allyuh know that they had a place secured but decided for safety reasons that they should just stay put.....  What about if the rain and wind were such that it was advisable not to drive?  If they decided to drive 45 mins to a gym and got in a bus accident (and God forbid there were any casualities), ah bet allyuh woulda be complaining that they so dotish to try to venture out in the bad weather.... Why allyuh doh just hush and stop bad-talking everything for a change.  If the ballroom was big enough to get a light workout in to get the heart rate up and keep the muscles loose then so be it- at least they were resourceful and didn't sit just sit around, eat, drink and watch TV....My only concern is not the embarassment factor, but that the carpet surface could have led to injury depending on the type of drills and intensity, but it doesn't seem that that happened....Now if someone could go and prove that the mgmt staff didn't do their best in this instance, then go ahead let the cussin' begin  :D

The point is this:  Well organized teams have personnel who deal with such logistics, and an alternate site would have been included in such planning.  Didn't Beenie specifically hire someone to deal with such logistics for Germany?  That is the point I'm really trying to make; we need to step up our level of planning for these trips.  There's always some kind disruption when we travel, and these things can sometimes impact our performance on the field.

This is Weh-it-is and I approve this message.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 11:19:01 AM »

Come on bro, you really feel you saying anything new there?  What you're saying is the obvious and everyone knows that our organization is notorious for shabbiness...but....

My point is this: Extenuating circumstances (like Storms/hurricanes) can disrupt even the best of plans, and no one knows the facts behind why we ended up working out in the ballroom, and until the facts are uncovered, all the talk about organized teams, logistics and alternatives is just noise from a setta cynical gum bumpers who like nuttin' better than to bad talk people for the sake of ole talk....

Weh-it-is...endorse dis one too nah  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 03:44:28 PM »
I certainly wouldn't want my team training on a sloppy surface 2 days prior to a major match, the risk of injury is greater on a sloppy surface. Apart from that - most quality facilities in the USA don't allow teams to use their facility if it rains heavily etc.

Also, the process involved in securing a quality facility can be daunting at times - field application, liability insurance etc. It is not as simple as some may imagine. Even lowly county fields generally don't allow the use of their fields within 48 hours after heavy rain etc.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »

Come on bro, you really feel you saying anything new there?  What you're saying is the obvious and everyone knows that our organization is notorious for shabbiness...but....

My point is this: Extenuating circumstances (like Storms/hurricanes) can disrupt even the best of plans, and no one knows the facts behind why we ended up working out in the ballroom, and until the facts are uncovered, all the talk about organized teams, logistics and alternatives is just noise from a setta cynical gum bumpers who like nuttin' better than to bad talk people for the sake of ole talk....

Weh-it-is...endorse dis one too nah  ;D

This is Weh-it-is and I did not approve this message. :-X

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 05:47:52 PM »
Some spooky stuff to say the least,just remembering how the Guatemala game ended,loosing 2 players to suspensions,Dwight's recall to Sunderland now this,man I have a strange feeling about the game tomorrow,I see one of 3 scenarios,we draw we win by one goal or we get blown out,Jah forbid that the last should be our destiny,just so many negatives all at once,yet from the look of things the players appear to be up beat,I will love to see the warriors dig deep and manufacture a win on US soil that will do wonders for our game

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »
Imagine a team recalling the captain of Brazil or even the USA? yuh think them teams go just say sure no big deal?

There seems to be more to this than meets the eye. Somebody trying tuh save face.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »
Text is d MO 4 contactin TNT players
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 02:17:40 AM »

Also, the process involved in securing a quality facility can be daunting at times - field application, liability insurance etc. It is not as simple as some may imagine. Even lowly county fields generally don't allow the use of their fields within 48 hours after heavy rain etc.

Best response for the night...Everybody else talking a pack of arse...Liability, liability.....to sweat small goal round by me yuh have to get approved...men think is trini yuh call up a man hey say come and sweat...a man get injured your school could be liable....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »
Tenorsaw's point is well taken.  So is kicker's comment regarding extenuating circumstances. Baygo boy's liability issues are not a minor concern either (and by the way, ah hadda point out ... they existed in the ballroom as well). There's no right or wrong viewpoint.

At de end of de day, where does that leave us? Lehwe assume that the ballroom was the best case scenario under the circumstances. (Ah eh wah to assume anything else b/c I have to believe that those around the team make the best decisions in the interest of the team)

Look ... some men on this forum wid a history of playing organized ball have trained indoors on basketball courts (or the like) when the weather outside did not permit outdoor training. Some fellas on this forum know all too well that sometime they are in training and based on de lightning detector or lightning tracker dey hadda head indoors to do some of the same stuff dem fellas were doing on de video. Further some of these same ppl know that even heat could impact de vibe, furthermore rain ...we all agree it wasn't perfect, but it is what it was.

(That said ... ah lil curious about de inappropriate footwear a couple players were wearing in that video ...)

Anyway! Ah channeling 3 points. Go warriors!

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »
Tenorsaw's point is well taken.  So is kicker's comment regarding extenuating circumstances. Baygo boy's liability issues are not a minor concern either (and by the way, ah hadda point out ... they existed in the ballroom as well). There's no right or wrong viewpoint.

At de end of de day, where does that leave us? Lehwe assume that the ballroom was the best case scenario under the circumstances. (Ah eh wah to assume anything else b/c I have to believe that those around the team make the best decisions in the interest of the team)

Look ... some men on this forum wid a history of playing organized ball have trained indoors on basketball courts (or the like) when the weather outside did not permit outdoor training. Some fellas on this forum know all too well that sometime they are in training and based on de lightning detector or lightning tracker dey hadda head indoors to do some of the same stuff dem fellas were doing on de video. Further some of these same ppl know that even heat could impact de vibe, furthermore rain ...we all agree it wasn't perfect, but it is what it was.

(That said ... ah lil curious about de inappropriate footwear a couple players were wearing in that video ...)

disagree..it would be easier to get permission from a hotel where you stayng than to get a new facility to give you the neccessary green light...in the US liability is ALWAYS an issue

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2008, 11:19:40 AM »

disagree..it would be easier to get permission from a hotel where you stayng than to get a new facility to give you the neccessary green light...in the US liability is ALWAYS an issue

Exactly what are you in disagreement with? We agree on the liability issue.

I didn't go down the road of comparing the ease of permission but I can accept that being guests at the hotel facilitated the process - although we ought not assume that use of the ballroom was either free or free of condition(s). Or, who knows? It may have been extended to us as a courtesy absent a setta hassle ... or not.

I have been reluctant to enter into a debate as to the alternatives because I am unaware of all the surrounding facts and circumstances. I am only aware of some. However, what I have suggested from the beginning is that on the face of it, the ballroom appears to have satisfied the immediate purpose (occupying the players with some form of match prep).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:35:26 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2008, 12:49:26 PM »

Exactly what are you in disagreement with? We agree on the liability issue.

I didn't go down the road of comparing the ease of permission but I can accept that being guests at the hotel facilitated the process - although we ought not assume that use of the ballroom was either free or free of condition(s). Or, who knows? It may have been extended to us as a courtesy absent a setta hassle ... or not.

I have been reluctant to enter into a debate as to the alternatives because I am unaware of all the surrounding facts and circumstances. I am only aware of some. However, what I have suggested from the beginning is that on the face of it, the ballroom appears to have satisfied the immediate purpose (occupying the players with some form of match prep).

Yuh could cry blood some people just won't get it. Yuh could play football or knock it anywhere. Is thee preparation and the management not securing a proper venue “indoors” without ah ceiling with a chandelier hanging from thee roof, would have been more appropriate. IS THEE PLANNING WE DOH LIKE!!!

1]; } ?>