May 12, 2024, 06:49:42 PM

Author Topic: Densill, Ince and Avery in squad for Grenada warm ups.  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Densill, Ince and Avery in squad for Grenada warm ups.
« on: April 18, 2006, 03:10:48 PM »
Densill, Ince & Avery in squad for Grenada warm ups.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

The President’s Eleven team which will face Grenada’s National Team in two friendly matches later this month will have the likes of overseas-based players Clayton Ince, Avery John and Densill Theobald in it. This was confirmed by team manager Bruce Aanensen on Tuesday after head coach Leo Beenhakker extended the invitation to these players to have a chance to run out for action prior to the upcoming friendly international against Peru on May 10.
All three players have been included in the 24-man squad selected for the Peru match and subsequently the World Cup and they will join the home-based players selected like Atiba Charles, Anthony Wolfe, Anthony Rougier, Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley among other invitees. The games will be played at Larry Gomes Stadium from 7pm on April 25 and on April 27 at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium same kick off time.
The chance to return home to play in the two matches was welcomed by the trio who have all seen limited action for their respective clubs. Ince has hardly featured this season for Coventry City while Theobald is yet to make a first debut at Falkirk while John has been on the bench since New England Revolution kicked off its MLS campaign earlier this month.
“The coach felt it was an ideal opportunity for the players to come back home and get some time in with the other players who have been included in the 24-man squad,” Aanensen said. “And they all agreed to come which is boost because it gives the coach a good opportunity to work with them before the slate of friendly matches coming up starting with the one against Peru.”
Theobald is keen to return home for action.
“It’s a wonderful opportunity because now I can get some of this excitement off my chest after getting the news of being listed in the 24-man squad by the coach. I am really anxious to play for the national team again,” Theobald told TTFF Media. “I have been working hard in training and playing regularly for the reserve team but there’s nothing like being able to play for the national team and the chance to come back and work with the coach is coming at the right time,” he added.
Veteran midfielder Russell Latapy commented on the selection of Theobald and others who can still be considered relatively young members of the team such as Carlos Edwards, Cornell Glen, Silvio Spann, Chris Birchall, Anthony Wolfe and Kenwyne Jones.
“It’s fantastic for them. I worked on getting Densill up here because once I saw him when I first rejoined the team I thought he was a fantastic talent. Unfortunately he has not had the chance up here for several reasons with the main being because of the fact that when he came here we were not getting the results and the coach changed the type of game we were playing which was to play a more going from back to front type of game,” Latapy said.
“I think these are all experiences that the older players like myself went through and this is why it is so good for them to be getting this type of opportunity now. They still have more than half their careers in front of them and knock on wood they will not have any major injuries, they should now grab this opportunity with both feet because they are the future of football in Trinidad and Tobago. Whoever is going to be in charge after the World Cup and especially if Leo stays on, he knows he can count on these guys because not all of us will be around after the Finals. This is a massive chance for these guys to stamp their authority,” Latapy added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Densill, Ince and Avery in squad for Grenada warm ups.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 03:11:58 PM »
it will be a decent way to figure their significance to our team.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 03:14:57 PM »
So who is the other local players that go make up the team.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »
All who say Bennie don't know what he doing ???? What allyuh go say now ?????

The man Brain always working....Brilliant move !!!!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »
was d rest of de teammmmm

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 05:25:41 PM »
I hope that they know what time it is... especially Ince and Densill.  I want to see BOTH on the team.

Actually I hope that all THREE make it.  I just don't want Warner to take Ince's place. >:(
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 05:43:39 PM by 1989 »
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 07:50:26 PM »
Densill, Ince & Avery in squad for Grenada warm ups.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

The President’s Eleven team which will face Grenada’s National Team in two friendly matches later this month will have the likes of overseas-based players Clayton Ince, Avery John and Densill Theobald in it. This was confirmed by team manager Bruce Aanensen on Tuesday after head coach Leo Beenhakker extended the invitation to these players to have a chance to run out for action prior to the upcoming friendly international against Peru on May 10.
All three players have been included in the 24-man squad selected for the Peru match and subsequently the World Cup and they will join the home-based players selected like Atiba Charles, Anthony Wolfe, Anthony Rougier, Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley among other invitees. The games will be played at Larry Gomes Stadium from 7pm on April 25 and on April 27 at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium same kick off time.
The chance to return home to play in the two matches was welcomed by the trio who have all seen limited action for their respective clubs. Ince has hardly featured this season for Coventry City while Theobald is yet to make a first debut at Falkirk while John has been on the bench since New England Revolution kicked off its MLS campaign earlier this month.
“The coach felt it was an ideal opportunity for the players to come back home and get some time in with the other players who have been included in the 24-man squad,” Aanensen said. “And they all agreed to come which is boost because it gives the coach a good opportunity to work with them before the slate of friendly matches coming up starting with the one against Peru.”
Theobald is keen to return home for action.
“It’s a wonderful opportunity because now I can get some of this excitement off my chest after getting the news of being listed in the 24-man squad by the coach. I am really anxious to play for the national team again,” Theobald told TTFF Media. “I have been working hard in training and playing regularly for the reserve team but there’s nothing like being able to play for the national team and the chance to come back and work with the coach is coming at the right time,” he added.
Veteran midfielder Russell Latapy commented on the selection of Theobald and others who can still be considered relatively young members of the team such as Carlos Edwards, Cornell Glen, Silvio Spann, Chris Birchall, Anthony Wolfe and Kenwyne Jones.
“It’s fantastic for them. I worked on getting Densill up here because once I saw him when I first rejoined the team I thought he was a fantastic talent. Unfortunately he has not had the chance up here for several reasons with the main being because of the fact that when he came here we were not getting the results and the coach changed the type of game we were playing which was to play a more going from back to front type of game,” Latapy said.
“I think these are all experiences that the older players like myself went through and this is why it is so good for them to be getting this type of opportunity now. They still have more than half their careers in front of them and knock on wood they will not have any major injuries, they should now grab this opportunity with both feet because they are the future of football in Trinidad and Tobago. Whoever is going to be in charge after the World Cup and especially if Leo stays on, he knows he can count on these guys because not all of us will be around after the Finals. This is a massive chance for these guys to stamp their authority,” Latapy added.

I anxiously await the outcome of the game. In addition, i think this game is a good opportunity to give a lot of locals a national cap. As for Denzil, I think the game will help boast his morale since things have not been so good at Falfirk. Good luck T & T.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »
All who say Bennie don't know what he doing ???? What allyuh go say now ?????

The man Brain always working....Brilliant move !!!!!!
Thanks Rastaman!  All them who always second guessing Beenie... He pick the squad too early.. he should name more local players... hardest... Dwarika.. etc.  Ihave one thing to say.. Just shut up  Beenie knows exactly what he doing.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 09:35:51 PM »
I'll say it one more time, Beenie is a boss.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 12:51:19 AM »
you sure did lets see if you got the complete squad.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 06:18:26 AM »
I wonder if he calling Jack too, since he technically unemployed or he letting him rest his knee...
And Yorke not sweating nowhere either...but I guess he want to see the youngsters play without the influence of the big players?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 08:12:50 AM »
I wonder if he calling Jack too, since he technically unemployed or he letting him rest his knee...
And Yorke not sweating nowhere either...but I guess he want to see the youngsters play without the influence of the big players?
this look like some of the men that he name on the roster that may be getting cut yuh aint see the man pick a defender a striker mifielder and a forward and a goal keeper may be they are or they not getting swet on their teams ??????????????? ??? ??? ??? ???
All American

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 09:35:13 AM »
yorke is a good suggestion maybe hectorsam but the ttff aint go pay no money to bring down dem teams

is beenie going to coach this presidents 11 or is corneal or whim takin the mantle
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 10:40:01 AM »
this look like some of the men that he name on the roster that may be getting cut yuh aint see the man pick a defender a striker mifielder and a forward and a goal keeper

Nah Garcia...he only name 3 keepers so Ince safe. Avery is our ONLY left back...the rest of them is makeshift, so Avery safe. Only Theobold of the names he call on the bubble...but he safe, he have Latas keeping an eye on him for Beenie.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 10:46:04 AM »
Beenie and TTFF need to call and cap Quevas Kirk.  That is what they need to do.

1]; } ?>