May 07, 2024, 05:12:28 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the TRI v HAI U-21 Game.  (Read 28510 times)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the TRI v HAI U-21 Game.
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2006, 06:29:42 PM »
I asked one of my colleagues who happens to be from Tobago to check out this site. She just called me back to say that she is sorry and that she thinks many of those who post on this site may be teenagers with little education. She jokes that one poster even said that Haitians and Trinis are two different races!

To answer to some of the posts, let me start by saying that Voodoo is a religion and a component of Haiti's culture. Many Haitians don't practise voodoo as their religion and there are more Christians in Haiti than in T&T because Haiti is a nation of about 9 millions people. However, Haitians are proud of their voodoo heritage as cultural element. Have you ever wonder what was the religion of your ancestors and why the East-Indians are allowed to keep their religion while your ancestors' religion is considered evil and you were taught to be ashamed of it? Surprised? Yes, your ancestors were not savages uncapable of developing a culture of their own.

Somebody calls himself yorke or latapy shouldn't be a big deal. Black stars are considered embassadors of all Blacks. Pele, Thierry Henry, Latapy are all considered  great soccerplayers in Haiti. By the way, Haitians usually refer to T&T as a great soccer nation.

Some of you have mentioned 1974. It's obvious that the referees were not fair to T&T. Things like that happens everywhere in the world. Good things the referees were caught and punished! Should Haitians hate Salvodarans for 1969 when Haiti actually finished first and was denied the 1970 wc berth?

Football is a sport game, not a war. Haitians are really not your enemies.

Peace out.

I am not a teenager.

This is a message board for fans of TnT Football. If some fool come on here badtalking our team then he should be prepared for the tirade. Maybe you should study the context more.

You come on here as a peeper see an anecdotal event and feel the need to educate.  Most people on here are adults with a college education. Most of us are aware of history and who we all are. I'm pretty sure that nobody here is that ignorant or has bad intentions. Sorry if you feel offended but I can assure you that we don't actually hate Haiti. It is called shit talk.

Thanks for the education but it's not that deep. Let it go.

TnT Patriot

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2006, 06:39:17 PM »
Its one of four things...

Haiti real good

Dominica decent

TT play shit

Or posters here does be bigging up players and saying man good and they could cyap and spanner and is a beast and have real skill, and we have a bomb squad...... when in reality...They  is a grap of shitsnake.

You feel Haiti going and trouble any of the other teams who make it tru.......steupps. 

How the arse a side could come orf a plane in we home ground rest 5 on a side and 3 on the host team..........alyuh ent shame.

Also alyuh apologise to Yorke and Pierre.......................congrats gents and best wishes going fwd.

I real blasted vex..........Dominica and Haiti......steuppppppppsssssss.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2006, 06:56:51 PM »

Haiti real good

Dominica decent

TT play shit

Or posters here does be bigging up players and saying man good and they could cyap and spanner and is a beast and have real skill, and we have a bomb squad...... when in reality...They  is a grap of shitsnake.

You feel Haiti going and trouble any of the other teams who make it tru.......steupps. 

How the arse a side could come orf a plane in we home ground rest 5 on a side and 3 on the host team..........alyuh ent shame.

Also alyuh apologise to Yorke and Pierre.......................congrats gents and best wishes going fwd.

yea boy touches... none of them played well... no conviction... Haiti... they deserve the win... i shook some of theirs hands as dey was leaving and dey were alll freindly towards us... no cut eye nuttin... i feel bad about givin them a hard time in the past now... sigh... back to the drawing board...

buh yall hadda hear them interviews gilbert got from Lincoln and Anton they really shed some goood light on our current situation... really some insightful stuff.

BIG UP TO THE WARRIOR NATION.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2006, 07:48:51 PM »
See what we have to realise is that coaching an individual is one thing, coaching a team is another thing, and coaching a team to be successful or win is something entirely different. I have realised that most Trinidad and Tobago coaches cannot coach a team to success. Bertille St. Clair, Ron LaForest, Jamal Shabazz, to name a few. Now I am not bashing these guys cause I am sure they do not coach to lose. However, the administration needs to realise these deficiencies and guide the coaches accordingly. Hence the advent of the position of Director of Coaching. This person needs to over see the coaches and how they operate, while helping them to impliment effective technical and tactical methods when working with the teams, ensuring some success.

I mentioned back in a post that Leo came to Trinidad and established one main theme with the Senior National Team, that is (for those who have not figured it out yet) success. All he did was coached the team to be successful. He use what he had to achieve what he wanted. This is akin to the chef using what ingredients he has to make a sumptous meal. He did not try to employ all these complex strategies, all he did was look at the team and say hey, this is how we play, so this is how to use the manner in which we play to win. It's called COACHING.

The difference, bertille had the US to play in Trinidad on a sweltering day, when it was still cold in many parts of the US. What did the team do, they chased the ball all over the Q.P Oval. When we got tired the US stepped up, scored 2 goals, got on a plane and went home laughing. When we should have employed the method they used against us. We are at home playing against the US. Let them have the ball in their own half. Just sit back and let them play and when they are tired we attack. Instead we were tired 20 minutes into the game.

Coaching is not as easy as 1,2,3, while it can be. It is a paradox. Our coaches at home does not posess the know how to fully understand this paradox yet. That does not mean they are no good, just that they need to be guided more.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2006, 10:11:06 PM »
We actin surprised but prior to Leo coming THIS has always been our teams for at least the better part of 10 years at ALL LEVELS.

We've been given numerous tournaments to host and have failed to live up to the billing.

Like ah say leh we BEG Beenie to stay on after he leave...doh know who paying but if we don't get proper people in place with real experience.........

WE DEAD >:( >:( >:( >:(

Let we take up collection now tuh pay him :'(

exactly! This aint no surprise.

no changes at the youth level have taken place yet. but some of the blame has to go to the players, too. they had good preparation, played at home, do or die situation, and this was the effort they put out?? steups.
Hart for president

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2006, 07:07:25 AM »
How was de line in de chat room yesterday fellas... ? I still drunk..   :beermug:

Vb and Andre Samuel real help we out sah...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2006, 10:59:02 AM »

Haiti real good

Dominica decent

TT play shit

:rotfl: :rotfl: I vex too oui, but ah have to put it all in persective(meh heart ent so good dese days) we just have real work to do. I have to wonder doh if we had the best players we could field.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2006, 11:10:02 AM »
I asked one of my colleagues who happens to be from Tobago to check out this site. She just called me back to say that she is sorry and that she thinks many of those who post on this site may be teenagers with little education. She jokes that one poster even said that Haitians and Trinis are two different races!

To answer to some of the posts, let me start by saying that Voodoo is a religion and a component of Haiti's culture. Many Haitians don't practise voodoo as their religion and there are more Christians in Haiti than in T&T because Haiti is a nation of about 9 millions people. However, Haitians are proud of their voodoo heritage as cultural element. Have you ever wonder what was the religion of your ancestors and why the East-Indians are allowed to keep their religion while your ancestors' religion is considered evil and you were taught to be ashamed of it? Surprised? Yes, your ancestors were not savages uncapable of developing a culture of their own.

Somebody calls himself yorke or latapy shouldn't be a big deal. Black stars are considered embassadors of all Blacks. Pele, Thierry Henry, Latapy are all considered  great soccerplayers in Haiti. By the way, Haitians usually refer to T&T as a great soccer nation.

Some of you have mentioned 1974. It's obvious that the referees were not fair to T&T. Things like that happens everywhere in the world. Good things the referees were caught and punished! Should Haitians hate Salvodarans for 1969 when Haiti actually finished first and was denied the 1970 wc berth?

Football is a sport game, not a war. Haitians are really not your enemies.

Peace out.

Thanks for the history lesson Toussaint, although it wasn't necessary, we know quite well of our Haitian brothers and their proud history and culture (which by the way is the same as most African Trinis culture...we all from the same place ;) ) and nobody hates Haiti.

The 1973 incident has left a bad taste in our collective mouths so you must understand what are our FOOTBALLING sentiments, nothing else, towards Haiti. I have nuff cool Haitians friends, but this is all about football.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2006, 11:54:48 AM »
I concur ,Ihave never had any ill will towards Haiti  bro,I"m proud of Wyclef Jean, and remember it was a trini who sang Haiti am sorry{David Rudder}.This was football and nothing but some good natured "de moquer" congrats on the well earned victory. :beermug:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
West Coast, Pointman, step inside
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2006, 01:29:20 PM »
my apologise to those who only kicksin and NEVER intended to ACTUALLY do anything

ok ok fellas i come like bhaji now

Ah know plenty men does read "The Knowledge" on the guardian.co.uk
Allyuh check out this article and the bolded part.... allyuh feel that woulda be a suitable protest for de game  ;D
Also take in Blanco antics as we just recently had a thread bout he

http://football.guardian.co.uk/theknowledge/story/0,,1746558,00.html

WEIRD OBJECTS THROWN AT FOOTBALL MATCHES (2)

In last week's Knowledge, Brian Cowell asked what the strangest items to be thrown from the stands on to a football pitch were. And your emails have been flooding in with further examples ...

Lars Ellensohn and Andreas Schärfinger noted that, "the recent local derby between Betis and Sevilla saw fans throw a bottle of rum, a flare and a living cat on to the pitch." Hmmn, not bad, but how about this from Chris Weaver? "When Charlton were at home to Luton on January 19, 1982 at the old Valley, the game was mostly memorable (it ended 0-0) for the item lobbed out by home supporters in the first half. Without warning, the front half of a dead cat sailed over the heads of away supporters, landing a foot or so short of the touchline. A passing policeman, who the cat had narrowly missed, nudged it gingerly to one side with his foot and that was that."

Somewhat more tongue-in-cheek was Reading's PANTS protest (possibly an acronym for Players Are Not Trying Sufficiently) on December 18 1999, where an estimated 4,000 Royals supporters brought an item of underwear to wave - or hurl on to the Madejski Stadium pitch.

"Probably the most bizarre thing I ever saw happen at a game was at Chile's World Cup 2002 warm-up match against the New Zealand Football Kingz in Auckland," recalls Leila Gilchrist. "Someone actually ran on to the pitch 10 minutes before the end of the match carrying a car door! The presence of a few hundred New Zealand-resident Chileans excitedly massing by the touchline had prompted the announcer to ask fans not to invade the pitch at the end of the game. After the car-door incident he had to follow this up with a request for fans 'not to bring car parts on to the pitch'."

Dr Chris Wood in Mexico thinks he can trump that, however. "After the America-Sao Caetano Copa Libertadores quarter-final in 2004, both teams decided to ignore the ball and start whacking each other in the final minute. Cuauhtemoc Blanco, previously red-carded, sprinted back out of the tunnel to join in the fun, which upped the ante even further. While fights were breaking out all over the pitch, the crowd decided they fancied a bit of that too, and all hell broke loose on the terraces of the Azteca. Why and how I do not know, but at one point a wheelbarrow came flying over the fence to whistle past the noses of the attendant police. A wheelbarrow?"

However, our favourite tale involves the late Chic Brodie, a Knowledge favourite (who was once knocked out by a falling crossbar before his career was ended by a canine pitch intruder who shattered his kneecap). Brodie was playing for Brentford against Millwall on November 6, 1965 when - of all things - a hand grenade was thrown at him from the Lions' end. DJ and washing-up powder vendor Danny Baker recounts the tale: "Did he panic? No, he did not. He simply waved one arm, then more urgently two, towards his nearest official, a linesman. After a brief exchange, the linesman walked towards the hand grenade and, from about eight feet away, confirmed it was bona fide. The linesman then ran toward the other end of the pitch waving his flag furiously. Startled players made [a] gangway for him. Catching the referee by the arm, there is no record of what he said, but it's a fair guess to say it was along the lines of: 'I'm sorry, Mr Kirkpatrick, but the Millwall supporters have thrown a hand grenade at the Brentford 'keeper. What's the form on this?' Mr Kirkpatrick - a man of action - hastily blew his whistle and led a charge towards the tunnel."
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>