May 14, 2024, 07:21:09 AM

Author Topic: MAN U V INTER MILAN  (Read 2439 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
MAN U V INTER MILAN
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »
Man United suffers preseason defeat 
Associated Press, Updated 5 hours ago   STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

MANCHESTER, England (AP) - Newly acquired Honduran David Suazo scored twice in the first half and rallied Inter Milan to a 3-2 victory over Manchester United on Wednesday, handing the English champion its first loss of the preseason.

The match between the Italian and English champions before an Old Trafford crowd of 73,738 - a record for a friendly - left Red Devils manager Alex Ferguson anguished with just 10 days until its title defense begins.
"We needed that tempo to the match," Ferguson said. "The sharpness and professionalism of Inter Milan was very good."

The match was the first for Man United following a lucrative Asian tour and first test against major European opposition.

Ferguson appeared to treat the game as a serious test, using his starting 11 until the end, while Inter made eight changes through the second half.

A confident United led when Wayne Rooney converted Patrice Evra's cross in the 18th, beating Julio Cesar.

Sat., Aug. 11
Bolton vs. Newcastle   
Man Utd vs. Reading   
Chelsea vs. Birmingham   
Sunderland vs. Tottenham   
Derby vs. Portsmouth   
West Ham vs. Man City   
Arsenal vs. Fulham   
Everton vs. Wigan   
Boro vs. Blackburn   
Villa vs. Liverpool   
FSC/PPV Schedule 
Photos | Standings | Shop

Inter responded within three minutes when Suazo capitalized on Evra and Nemanja Vidic's failure to clear Luis Figo's cross.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic put the Italians in control in the 27th. With Evra on the ground, Luis Figo fed Stankovic, who squared to the Sweden striker.

Ibrahimovic and Figo combined in the 33rd to set up Suazo for his second of the night.

"The defending in the first half was very poor," Ferguson said. "You can't win games, no matter who you play, like that."

The Italians' damaged themselves in the 57th when Brazil striker Adriano headed into his own goal, knocking in a curling free kick from Cristiano Ronaldo.

Despite the match being a friendly, Ferguson made no substitutions as Man United fell in its first game at Old Trafford since receiving the Premier League trophy on the final day of the season in May.

Centerback Rio Ferdinand was disappointed in the 82nd that his close-range effort flew over the crossbar.

Ferguson was denied the chance to unveil the results of his summer spending spree.

High-profile acquisition Owen Hargreaves has yet to make his debut due to tendinitis in his knee, and Portugal midfielder Nani was ruled out with an ankle injury.

advertisement

STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

Anderson is still recovering from his time with Brazil in the Copa America. Strikers Louis Saha and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and captain Gary Neville also were sidelined.

The Red Devils face Chelsea at Wembley in Sunday's Community Shield, the traditional match to mark the beginning of the English season.

Inter's season begins Aug. 19 - an Italian Super Cup encounter against Roma.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: MAN U V INTER MILAN
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »
Na na na na naaa na! Ha ha ha ha haaa ha!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 10:26:11 PM »
yuh is ah child.lol.go in yuh bed. ;)
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 11:43:07 PM »

That Suazo guy is really good as we all know.   He would be a handfull in the WC quals.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 01:59:31 AM »

Well, seeing as Arsenal beat Inter and Inter beat Man U, I'm going to employ an astonishing bit of logic and conclude that Arsenal are better than ManU and are going to win the Premeirship. So to all the ManU people:

Na na na na naaa na! Ha ha ha ha haaa ha! Courtesy Eric Cartman from South Park.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 06:09:23 AM »

Well, seeing as Arsenal beat Inter and Inter beat Man U, I'm going to employ an astonishing bit of logic and conclude that Arsenal are better than ManU and are going to win the Premeirship. So to all the ManU people:

Na na na na naaa na! Ha ha ha ha haaa ha! Courtesy Eric Cartman from South Park.

did you see the game?

Both teams played really well...  3 inter goals in 10 mins..  slack slack defending

i rather defend slackly now though..

but we looked dangerous..just couldnt score ... inter were good as well but played on the counter attack..

Evra was at fault for all 3 Utd goals   but he did well attacking wise

Heinze would have been better suited for that game..

positive look from Utd though..  and Old Trafford looked and sounded amazing

Oh yes  i cant wait till the season starts

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 06:56:14 AM »

did you see the game?

Both teams played really well...  3 inter goals in 10 mins..  slack slack defending

but we looked dangerous..just couldnt score ... inter were good as well but played on the counter attack..

oh gorm lighten up nah...Is jus ole talk
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 07:20:49 AM »

did you see the game?

oh gorm lighten up nah...Is jus ole talk

W...T..F my boy?

what did i say ...  i asked her if she saw the game.. because if she did she would hope to god Utd didnt play real this season  cuz it would be like murder

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 07:55:56 AM »
I saw the game last night. Man U didn't do too bad. They looked better in possession than without though. Inter's last two goals were 2 quick counter attacks.

Adriano scored one of the best own goals I have seen in a while; well placed, low and hard- the keeper didn't have a chance.

One player I think is not improving is Wes Brown. Solari had his way with him a few times in the match.

Figo played like a veteran.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 08:13:47 AM »
I saw the game right after watching Sunderland on Setanta.

What a contrast!!!!

Man U looked good in attack but this game has multiple phases. Defensively they were not good. Games amongst the top teams should be very entertaining this year.

Sunderland were a complete mess against Galway. In fact, the way they looked, I think Jabloteh could beat them. Their control and passing were off. The had no cohesion and were just a bunch of players trying to do their own thing. Richardson was the biggest offender always trying fancy stuff when simple would be more effective.(I think he rates himself too highly). If they don't get it together they'll be heading right back down.

Gunners definitely in it this year.
TnT Patriot

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 09:39:56 AM »
my love hate relationship with trotters continues...

went there to emancipate me and me girl from our apt.

look acrros to a screen n see fagman ronaldo warming up

oh whats this? a friendly at trafford? against inter? nice entertainment while i eat so bbq ribs...

game starts and typical manu rushing down the flanks all hot n bothered but not much else

inter gaining ground with each attack

then a poor pass to center man (dunno who) misses the pass, luckily rooney had psace and time to collect look up and put it away. not the best goal ever produced by manu but typcial manu capitalising on any opportunity...

all i have to say is the defending display that man u produced was better off in a pot curried and called goat

evra - goat
ferdinand - goat
brown - goat

man u looked great in attack but i think ppl have ronaldo's number by now unles she has tricks he hasn't thought about in his hall of mirrors

second half typical man u again and trafford for that matter pushed inter till fat f**k adriano redirected an awesome cross onto the bottom of the post with and even more awesome header, wtf the f**k was he thinking? has it been that long since he scored?.

remeber this was a side who recently were beaten 2-0 by valencia and 2-1 by arsenal

again this result comes with a huge grain of salt as its preseason, but has served to quiet the man u louts for the time being until they beat chelsea in the charity sheild, which again is a nothing cup? btw who one it last year???? (i think chelsea v arsenal with a droga shin special separating the teams)

can not wait till the 12th aug

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 10:24:11 AM »
oh whats this? a friendly at trafford? against inter? nice entertainment while i eat so bbq ribs...

me eh really care who win from who play la la cause iz pre-season...but onto more important things...how de ribs taste? 
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 10:25:53 AM »

went there to emancipate me and me girl from our apt.

look acrros to a screen n see fagman ronaldo warming up

game starts and typical manu rushing down the flanks all hot n bothered but not much else

inter gaining ground with each attack

then a poor pass to center man (dunno who) misses the pass, luckily rooney had psace and time to collect look up and put it away. not the best goal ever produced by manu but typcial manu capitalising on any opportunity...

all i have to say is the defending display that man u produced was better off in a pot curried and called goat

evra - goat
ferdinand - goat
brown - goat

man u looked great in attack but i think ppl have ronaldo's number by now unles she has tricks he hasn't thought about in his hall of mirrors

second half typical man u again and trafford for that matter pushed inter till fat f**k adriano redirected an awesome cross onto the bottom of the post with and even more awesome header, wtf the f**k was he thinking? has it been that long since he scored?.

remeber this was a side who recently were beaten 2-0 by valencia and 2-1 by arsenal

again this result comes with a huge grain of salt as its preseason, but has served to quiet the man u louts for the time being until they beat chelsea in the charity sheild, which again is a nothing cup? btw who one it last year???? (i think chelsea v arsenal with a droga shin special separating the teams)

can not wait till the 12th aug

Liverpool beat chelsea 2-1 last year

and the year b4 Arsenal were beaten by Chelsea      thats when drogba fell on the floor got up and slammed the ball home

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »

me eh really care who win from who play la la cause iz pre-season...but onto more important things...how de ribs taste? 

great freshly cooked too i get lucky! but d bbq sause was salty

1]; } ?>