May 09, 2024, 05:48:11 AM

Author Topic: 10- Weeks Before Our NEXT GAME...Is this Wise  (Read 6165 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 10- Weeks Before Our NEXT GAME...Is this Wise
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 11:20:34 PM »
Some guys heads just in the cloud. We still in the honeymoon phase, some of these same guys will change their song.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 11:27:38 PM »

When is England next friendly?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2006, 04:17:02 AM »
Men talking out dey ass.

So, exactly what do you call the senior team camp in Florida where local hopefuls played 2 friendlies and had a short camp, recently concluded?

And tell me, what do you call the 3 under 21 games that just played in the US against 2 MLS teams and the Under 17 team from which some unheralded youths got their opportunity to stake a claim for a WC chance?

We organize 6 friendlies and 3 camps between the local hopefuls, under 21s (also including mostly locals) and the full senior team and men still complaining. Besides the US, name another football federation that has that breadth of players so busy in the last 2 to 3 months? You think is a fluke we could have a bunch of fellas who eh play together since November, some of them eh even playing right now..yet the playing a disciplined organized system in the biting cold no less, when our WC rivals such as Sweden and Paraguay and even England look disjointed and rusty.  Noone say we cyah ask for more, but take a step back and realize that real positive work is being done fellas. And everybody have the same problem with the friendly calendar being so sparse. I am sure more players will get a look as the MLS and PFL start back. And doh forget how PFL coaches real fight down Beenie before we had qualify when Beenie had try to call them into a local camp...now you blaming Beenie for not looking at enough locals...THis kinda talk is ridiculous...

You are taking my point out of context read it again !!:

This is quite a long lay off

Including the 8-10 guaranteed spots on the team we literally have about 30-35 persons vying to make the final 28 that Beenie is going to select.....

We should be trying to sort out the remaing 20-people...leave those guranteed 8-10 out since we are confident in their style and what they bring to the team, and play matches against some international minnows...just to have a better idea of who you want to select...

When you include the 8-10 regulars, how do you sort out the rest of the team ??

Bringing in 6-subs on to play a couple mins does NOT provide a true assesment...

Nah boss...I know exactly what you are saying. I just think you are wrong about how many open slots remian. Beenie knows most of his squad already..there are just a handful of slots still open. That much has been made public. I also recognize that the camps that I have mentioned serve the very same purpose that you have discussed. I believe we can use the past couple of months as proof that the current coaching staff is exploring every avenue to select the best team, even if there seems to be a long layoff between now and the next friendly. I really am disagreeing with the notion that Beenie will be taking a long vacation and not try to sort out the fringe and even new players in the interim....I AM NOT disagreeing that it would be great to play more friendlies and give the fringe players better opportunities to prove themselves.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2006, 06:50:29 AM »
Ah like allyuh passion, ah don't always agree..but ah like it.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2006, 07:37:56 AM »
Why waste time and money to bother with men who not good and cyar make the side and who not adding nuttin to the team.

The starting 11 pick and we should just fine tune that.

Beenie done have the one or two players earmarked to replace the starters in case thing happen.

All the men alyuh want to see get try out etc, either A) Not playing ball because PFL not in season.

B) have no PFL club

C) not starting or cyar make the bench for they club team

D) Still in college in the States

E) Have no club and hunting for wuk.

Alyuh trying to groom and justify a jackarse by trying to put on a saddle and blinkers on him to go and run in a horse race.   

It doe wuk so.

Realise this is the big dance, it is WC ball and the men who can cut it have already been seen. The ones who on the squad already are the ones who qualify we or who are the better ones in the TT setup.

Also for all those who want friendly to see subs and organize men.......What these men bringing to the side? Who they displacing, What experience they bringing to the team.

Lemme answer the question for yuh.........none of them ent doing ONE Shit for this TT side.

Save the hard luck and who get a raw deal and who get diss yadda yadda.

If the men was good they would have gotten scouted, they woulda get a trial abroad and they woulda be on the national team already. It is because they cyar cut it at a INTERNATIONAL level they ent get call and they not ready.

The side done pick alyuh relax alyuh self.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 08:37:47 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 07:44:22 AM »
Why waste time and money to bother with men who not good and cyar make the side and who not adding nuttin to the team.

The starting 11 pick and we should just fine tune that.

Beenie done have the one or two players earmarked to replace the starters in case thing happen.

All the men alyuh want to see get try out etc, either A) Not playing ball because PFL not in season.

B) have no PFL club

C) not starting or cyar make the bench for they club team

D) Still in college in the States

E) Have no club and hunting for wuk.

Alyuh trying to groom and justify a jackarse and trying to put on a saddle and blinkers on him to go and run in a horse race.   

It doe wuk so.

Realise this is the big dance, it is WC ball and the men who can cut it have already been seen. The ones who on the squad already are the ones who qualify we or who are the better ones in the TT setup.

Also for all those who want friendly to see subs and organize men.......What these men bringing to the side? Who they displacing, What experience they bringing to the team.

Lemme answer the question for yuh.........none of them ent doing ONE Shit for this TT side.

Save the hard luck and who get a raw deal and who get diss yadda yadda.

If the men was good they would have gotten scouted, they woulda get a trial abroad and they woulda be on the national team already. It is because they cyar cut it at a INTERNATIONAL level they ent get call and they not ready.

The side done pick alyuh relax alyuh self.

Hear! Hear!  :beermug:
Toujour Pret!

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 08:06:28 AM »
Good one dey Touches  :applause: :applause: :applause:

I getting feeling that is jes men on the board jus real passionate about they beloved warriors and probably wish they could get to see them play EVERY weekend and beat people too.  Man jes cyah contain dey anxiety for the next game...to wait two months boy...that is pressure !

Some men probably know they talking shit yuh know, but is jes to see the national colours run out on the field go make them feel happy.  Mind you, if the second string and try-outs team getting licks in dey arse...it go be a next story.  Yuh go hear the same men saying TTFF wasting time and money on them games...that money coulda go the real team.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2006, 12:08:18 PM »
A few points...
1) We cannot compare our preparation to the US because it is a different situation.  The US have more talent (well more technically equipped players than us) for Arena to look at..hence the need for more friendlies....TI just want more friendlies so Hardest get a sweat.

2) The MLS is out of season so the players are available to play friendlies outside of the FIFA date.  Our first choice players are not available.

3) If we follow USA approach, we can use local players (i.e. PFL and other unattached players) to play friendlies against the likes of St Kitts, Barbados, etc...I doubt that will do Beenie any good because he has seen all the players he wanted to see...Not the players I want him to see, TI wants him to see, Savannah Boy wants him to see, etc...

4) Although I may disagree with some of Leo's decisions...let me take a good look at 3 things...1) my resume as a successful international coach...hmmn..never coached ah damn team in my life.  2) the success of any forumites as an international caoch....hmmn..no success..however, if i am wrong, please correct me....3) Leo's resume....hmmn..very impressive.  My point is Leo Beenhakker has a lot of experience that none of us have, I agree that we don't have to accept his every move as 100% correct but at the end of the day, I believe 100% that he is doing his very best to achieve success at the World Cup.

5) Carlos Alberto Parreira was severely criticised before the 1994 World Cup for 2 reasons..the team's style of play and his player selection (well Brazilian fans are worse than us and they always criticise..if allyuh think TI and his Hardest infatuation is bad...compared to Brazilians..he is nothing).  After the winning the WC..he was still criticized.  My point is no coach can please everybody even winning is sometimes not enough.

P.S.sorry about the long post..I am becoming like Alberta Trini.... ;D

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2006, 12:15:57 PM »
Two points I would like to clarify that was either misunderstood by some or I was not eloquent enough when I wrote it:

1. Filho: According to you our disagreeement is " I really am disagreeing with the notion that Beenie will be taking a long vacation and not try to sort out the fringe and even new players in the interim"

I clearly stated " I understand Beenie is a master, but he is doin his own thing right now,..his assistants could be doing what I simply suggested if at all"

2. Touches: Nobdoy talkin about bringin in new players...yuh confusing me with TI....The fact of the matter is we are lookin at about a 30-35 (that aleady was playing with us since the November games) man squad that we will narrow to 28 and then 23. .....me ah talkin bout people in the PFl....and doh beat around the bush ..call the man name out...Yuh talkin bout Hardest....I doh give a rats ass bout hardest..and groomin nobody.

Secondly when yuh make ah irresponsible statement like "What these men bringing to the side? Who they displacing, What experience they bringing to the team. Lemme answer the question for yuh.........none of them ent doing ONE Shit for this TT side."

When yuh have men who comin to practise when this qualifying now start and dey was still riding the bench you think it is responsible to make stements like that...with that attitude yuh lucky if yuh get the bench warmers to show up....Latas wasn't there, Yorke wasn't there in the begining....so choose your words carefully
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 12:20:10 PM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2006, 06:25:06 PM »
Right now our stock high. When you stock high you does sell. Some of them men might not make this side but they most likely going to make the side in the future. Let them get an opportunity to prove they worth. After the cup when Latas and Yorke retire from international football nobody will want to play us.

Spann and Whitley could do with all the games they could get right now without men to take way their attention. Dwight steal the show against ISL. A game in Trinidad should have money making potential even if Dwight and them ain't sweat. Caps come into play later on also. Let Neaves get a run. i would like to see Shakes run a full 90.

I mentioned before a loss will not help this WC cause but it might help future causes. Beenie probably won't be here after the cup. Now is a good time to let the young warriors start under a quality coach.

Honestly I don't think it will happen but I like the fact that we have differing opinions and can discuss them openly and freely.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>