May 12, 2024, 04:00:09 AM

Author Topic: Crouch pulled up over controversial goal  (Read 30326 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Crouch pulled up over controversial goal
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:54:09 PM »

Trinidad and Tobago defender Brett Sancho insists his side were robbed of World Cup glory after claiming he was fouled by England striker Peter Crouch when scoring the opening goal in a 2-0 win in Nuremberg.

Crouch was mobbed by his team-mates after climbing above Sancho to head home an 83rd-minute cross from England skipper David Beckham to break the deadlock.

But pictures broadcast later on German television appeared to indicate Crouch had tugged at the dreadlocks of the Gillingham player before netting.

Sancho said: 'We are gutted, just gutted with the result. It was really heart-wrenching. The first goal was definitely a foul by Crouch. He was all over my back but we didn't get the decision.

'The second goal (from Steven Gerrard) came when they hit us on the break as we tried to get back - but the first one was the crucial one so late in the game and I was fouled.

'Crouch was all over me. He was definitely pulling me back and that meant I couldn't get to him.

'But don't forget, we are tiny Trinidad and Tobago and there is no way that the referee (Toru Kamikawa) was going to blow that whistle and disallow the goal.'

Crouch had given no indication of there being any controversy over his sixth goal in five games for his country when interviewed, before Sancho's gripes came to light.

The Liverpool striker said: 'It was great to score in a World Cup and it was a special moment for me. I was still thinking about a first-half miss of mine.

'But, with our delivery into the box, especially with David Beckham from the right, you are always going to get other chances and thankfully I managed to take the second one.

'I've got six goals in five games and I am really enjoying it. I am loving it playing for England at the moment and with the creative players we've got in the side, you are always going to get chances.

'Thankfully they've been going in and hopefully there are more to come.'

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 04:58:43 AM by Flex »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crouch pulled up over controversial goal
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »
He pulled his dreds real hard  -- shoul've been red carded, no question.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 05:06:38 PM »
i tell allyuh that was a foul..But this is WC....
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 05:17:39 PM »
kingman could you please post your source, so the intergity of the article cannot be question. thks

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 05:21:14 PM »

kingman could you please post your source, so the intergity of the article cannot be question. thks
That is soccernet pardner....It also on foxsportsworld.com....I say staright away that was a foul...But the ref wasn't going to give T&T that...If was England it would have been different....And STERN JOHN GOAL WAS NOT OFFSIDE

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »
Can T&T appeal this?
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 05:28:25 PM »
I have been a fan of de game for a long time. I personally think that de referees have a personal vendetta against us. I know that dey are cracking down on tackles and shirt tugging but give me a break. If yuh ah trini dey giving yuh a card quick, quick. Shaka's card was unmerited and so was a few others.

Crouch pulled de man blasted dreds, Dat is why he was looking so calm because he concience was bothering him. So he ah do no damn robot dance.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 05:35:36 PM »
Can T&T appeal this?
Unfortunately no...But I know all we have to do is win the next game and we could get in the second round...Paraguay out of it so they will play with less intensity ,and we could beat them and Rooney will be available next game for a longer period of time I am sure...We could do it still....The thing is we played with heart and passion and I loved every second of this so far

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 05:43:57 PM »
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/match/19/photos.html?i=16&d=1

Check out the picture above No. 17 in the gallery of the TT ENG match!!!
I agreed from the begining it was a foul!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 05:47:09 PM »
De pic also on soccer net too. f**k that Peter Crotch.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »
crouch is ah cheat, granted yuh do what yuh have to do to get by, and hope de ref eh pick it up, but de defining moment for me was in the 1st half when he went up for a header with sancho(ah think) and de ball OBVIOUSLY come off he head and went out for a goalkick and da friggin man raising he hand for a corner....god doh like ugly dred...watch and see wey england end up....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline RazorGrass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
The Hand of Crouch
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 07:48:20 PM »
** THE HAND OF CROUCH **

How can anyone with eyes not see that this is a clear foul?

YOU SIMPLY CANNOT HOLD ON TO A PLAYER'S HAIR AND TURN HIM AROUND AND IT NOT BE CALLED A FOUL!!!!

In 1986 Maradona fisted in the ball, that was called 'The Hand of God'.

Today we have 'The Hand of Crouch'.

The only bit of hair on the defender's head that is facing that direction is the hair in Couch's hand!

Come on! What is Crounch doing? A hairdressing course on the football field? He is tugging at the defender's hair and this goal should NOT have been allowed!

What more evidence do you need? You cannot do that to a player and not be penalised!

Don't tell me the ref did not see. He has assistant refs who spot when a ball goes over the line way on the next side of the field! This is all about the 'big guns' finding their way to the next rounds plain and simple.

I have taken the time to ZOOM in since some people clearly have 2" monitors.

In some parts of the world this is called CHEATING ... in others, professional play.

How much you want to wager that if a T&T player had done this they would have been SENT OFF IMMEDIATELY.

Ridiculous!

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: The Hand of Crouch
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 07:49:09 PM »
dat pic was taken when de ball was in de net already... :-\

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 07:53:18 PM »
so how he still up in de air? rocket boosters on he shoes?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline BahJon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 07:54:12 PM »
It serious...but it funny too because...

DAT MUS BE WHY BERTIE SAY CUT THAT INGKUCF tING OFF

heh heh heh

Offline RazorGrass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 08:00:13 PM »

Wow! Clearly you have watched the Matrix 200 times too many.

I didn't THINK in a thousand years I would have to show more of the picture. But, here goes.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 08:04:59 PM »
The man have fistful of hair.  Well, it is all over but that is what it takes for them to beat us!  God bless the Soca Warriors.  Now we have to beat Paraquay 3:0 and hope England help us out and beat SWEDEN
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 08:05:47 PM »
Boy , i done trying to get this off my mind...and then this piece of evidence come up..

That ref making a set ah bad call whole game , i not surprised this happen anyway..

Steups
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 08:09:35 PM »
thank god!!!i knew that was a foul... i start crying when that goal happen... i seriously thought that we were going to draw... i hope they fine crouch at least... if he didnt score the game would have been played differently and might have ended with it 0-0

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »
Ironic that this thread was started...I wanted to start one but was trying to think of a subject name.

England fans were dead quiet for at least 60 minutes of the match. The world now knows that Crouch cheated and for a country that prides itself on fair play and respect of the game, one of their stars should forever be labeled a cheat.

It took MIGHTY Engerlund (If I hear that chant one more time, I going to kick some limey ass) 84 minutes to score a cheated goal. It also require some drastic subs by Erickson to try to make a difference.

For 85 or so minutes, we played with one of the World Cup favorites. Our lads have nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, all Trinis should walk tall in Germany. Not only are we the adopted team of this World Cup, we have gained respect by holding Sweden to a draw and, if not for a cheater, possibly doing the same to England.

We know that, come Tuesday, it's do or die...win or go home, Hoefully Engerlund will do their part and we take care of business in Kaiserslauten...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 08:15:01 PM »
At first I thought it was a good goal but I just saw the video on TV6.They say it is big controversy all over the German media.  Without a doubt that was a foul. He clearly pulled Sancho's dreds. No appeal can be made. The referee missed it and that's all that matters. It means that we can be even more proud of our team. The second goal came late when we were pushing for an equaliser.In my heart the scoreline is 0-0.

One more thing, If one more person tell me I biased for hating Peter Crouch as a footballer I will lose my mind. He's a bloody shitsnake.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 08:17:20 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 08:25:09 PM »
if ah didnt want to kill d refree before, ah want to murder he mudderc**t now.whole judgement game we gettin bad calls, now dis.
ah cyah take it right now.

we cyah change it now, but if dat shithound didnt score, d whole nature of d game woulda change

laventille rhthym section better find he an d refree an blow out dey mudderc**t.

f**k you refree, f**k you crouch, england,F**K YOU.

bless!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 08:30:19 PM »
if ah didnt want to kill d refree before, ah want to murder he mudderc**t now.whole judgement game we gettin bad calls, now dis.

we cyah change it now, but if dat shithound didnt score, d whole nature of d game woulda change

laventille rhthym section better find he an d refree an blow out dey mudderc**t.

bless!!!

Densil get a yellow for holding on to a man jersey .Lampard do the same and get call for a foul alone.Steups. I saw lampard hit shot and he was clearly offside and there was no call. The referee is just an asshole.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 08:35:53 PM »
dat refree like he only promoting panty man football. since when holding a man shirt is straight yellow card. one little touch on a engalnd player, whistle blow, when men running in on we hard hard, climbing on we back, pulling out we hair. nothin! steups!!

GREAT is the SOCA WARRIORS an we SHALL PREVAIL!!!
bless!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 08:37:34 PM »

bless!!!

Densil get a yellow for holding on to a man jersey .Lampard do the same and get call for a foul alone.Steups. I saw lampard hit shot and he was clearly offside and there was no call. The referee is just an asshole.

in almost all games the refreeing was retarded... like some of them does pick their favourites b4 the match and stick to them... lol... but really thing like this does get on my nerves... some kinda action should be taken

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 08:38:40 PM »
ah get mehself drunk then sober up an come home to see dis.......ah effine pissed now.........
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 09:50:43 PM »
So it wasnt just me alone. No scene. Just remember......God doh sleep.

In 1966 england win a world cup on a goal dat didnt cross de line. Dey scrunt fuh de next 40 years........only now dey hoping dey could do someting.

In 1986 maradonna do he hand of god bizness......and while dey win world cup......now....it seem like no matter how much potential argentina have.....dey never seem to realise sucess that they deserve. 

Rivaldo after de dive and beat up like a snake on de ground after he get lash on he foot and make a man get send off. He career had a immediate fall from grace.....now sometimes yuh doh even remember he still playing football.

No scene. We played hard....and were handed the shorter end of the stick. No scene. We go live.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Verteidiger

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 10:12:39 PM »
Aye..Crouch is a RANK SHITSNAKE...

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 10:12:51 PM »
So it wasnt just me alone. No scene. Just remember......God doh sleep.

In 1966 england win a world cup on a goal dat didnt cross de line. Dey scrunt fuh de next 40 years........only now dey hoping dey could do someting.

In 1986 maradonna do he hand of god bizness......and while dey win world cup......now....it seem like no matter how much potential argentina have.....dey never seem to realise sucess that they deserve. 

Rivaldo after de dive and beat up like a snake on de ground after he get lash on he foot and make a man get send off. He career had a immediate fall from grace.....now sometimes yuh doh even remember he still playing football.

No scene. We played hard....and were handed the shorter end of the stick. No scene. We go live.

Brilliant :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 11:48:32 PM »
Cheating rat Crouch.

A moral victory for T&T then.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:54:43 PM by paddy »

1]; } ?>