May 06, 2024, 10:54:04 PM

Author Topic: dutch team  (Read 3205 times)

Offline emgee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
dutch team
« on: August 11, 2006, 08:06:19 AM »

ZEIST - Marco van Basten lijkt een streep te hebben gezet door de interlandcarrières van Mark van Bommel en Ruud van Nistelrooy. De bondscoach zei vrijdag dat hij de kans klein acht dat het tweetal nog terugkeert in de selectie van Oranje. "Op dit moment vinden wij deze spelers beter. We willen met deze groep doorgaan omdat we in deze spelers meer vertrouwen hebben.”
Van Nistelrooy en Van Bommel zijn niet de eerste 'grote' namen waar Van Basten een streep doorheen haalt. Eerder nam de bondscoach al afscheid van Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf en Roy Makaay.

put a translator on it

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: dutch team
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:20:23 AM »
Its says that M v Bommel & R v Nistelrooy can from now on forget about the dutch team under Marco.
vBasten preffers the following:

goal: Van der Sar, Timmer
defense: Ooijer, Mathijsen, Heitinga, Emanuelson, De Cler en Jaliens.
midfield: Landzaat, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, De Jong en Schaars.
attack: Huntelaar, Robben, Van Persie, Kuyt en Vennegoor of Hesselink.

so he says the change is small they will ever return in the dutch national team.

keep in mind that: Khalid Boulahrouz and Giovanni van Bronckhorst are suspended.
Also Maduro is not called since they want him to rest ( he is still growing )
I'm happy for Huntelaar, did you see him score twice against Copenhagen, exactly he scored twice from the 2 changes he got. 100 % effective !!

here is more info, but it seems that the international press is only mentioning Ruud and not to vBommel. http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2006/0811/1155291263109.html
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 08:30:21 AM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 09:50:30 AM »
thanks for the translation, Dutchman. Might really be end of the road for Ruud under Marco.
BTW, I was in your lovely city just before the WC... verrry nice  ;)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 09:53:49 AM »
Van Nistelrooy dropped from Dutch squad   

By Theo Ruizenaar

ZEIST, Netherlands, Aug 11 (Reuters) - Netherlands coach Marco van Basten dropped striker Ruud van Nistelrooy in naming an 18-man squad to play Ireland in a friendly on Wednesday.

Van Nistelrooy, who joined Real Madrid from Manchester United last month, was left out along with midfielder Mark van Bommel.

"We are now preparing for qualification for the European Championships in two years and we had to make choices," Van Basten told a news conference on Friday.

"In our opinion we picked the best squad and they will have our confidence for the coming period."

Van Nistelrooy won the last of his 54 caps in the 0-0 draw with Argentina in their final group match at the World Cup finals in June. He was left on the bench throughout the second round defeat by Portugal.

Defenders Khalid Boulahrouz and Giovanni van Bronckhorst, sent off in the stormy defeat by Portugal, were not named in he squad as they are suspended for the opening Euro 2008 qualifier against Luxembourg next month.

Van Basten was delighted captain Edwin van der Sar, undisputed first choice since 1995, had decided to continue his international career and add to his 113 caps.

"We asked Edwin after the World Cup about his future and told him we wished him to continue," added Van Basten.

"We are pleased with his decision because he impresses as man, captain and player."

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Henk Timmer (Feyenoord), Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United)

Defenders: Urby Emanuelson (Ajax Amsterdam), John Heitinga (Ajax Amsterdam), Tim de Cler (AZ Alkmaar), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Joris Mathijsen (AZ Alkmaar), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven)

Midfielders: Wesley Sneijder (Ajax Amsterdam), Stijn Schaars (AZ Alkmaar), Nigel de Jong (SV Hamburg), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg SV), Denny Landzaat (Wigan Athletic)

Forwards: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax Amsterdam), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea) , Dirk Kuyt (Feyenoord), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV Eindhoven)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 11:02:03 AM »
glad for the 'Hunt'...he is really good

but is it me, or is V Basten kinda ruthless

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 11:47:13 AM »
I feel he like a favoritism ting.
I sure if Van Nistel was playing for AC he woulda be in the squad for sure
He drop meh boy Gio too.
Mess
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 12:19:09 PM »
He drop meh boy Gio too.
Mess

nah boy.. i dont think so...cause he would still be picking seedorf if it was a ac milan ting

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 01:11:52 PM »
That Seedorf and Davids thing is a black\white thing that going on in Dutch football longtime...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 01:18:09 PM »
emanuelson ..maduro ..jaliens... nigel de jong ...babel ..collins john...davids...melchiot..haslebaink..kluivert...seedorf...the keeper from the under 20 world cup side  :angel:.....niff black man run throguh that dutch side....skill is undeniable....davids is old but can do the job but van basten pulling the same thing as klinsman.....its just tht van basten said in a un profesional manner that he will never pick davids and so n such again after he had told davids that he is still a option foR the future

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »
That Seedorf and Davids thing is a black\white thing that going on in Dutch football longtime...

How so? I am just trying to understand the basis fo your argument.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 02:22:58 PM »
van basten want team chemistry.  seedorf is not a man who does build team chemistry...why u feel he move to so much teams in his career.   davids, i dont know, maybe van basten is thinking long term and doesnt want to put davids there at the expense of a younger, hungrier player who needs the experience.
as for van nistlerooij, maybe this is a motivational ploy to get him back to form. 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 02:48:21 PM »
He drop meh boy Gio too.
Mess

Gio serving a ban after collecting a red card against Portugal...so it makes sense he got left out. Same with Boulharouz

There is no real basis, just a hunch. If Seedorf and Davids were white, they would say Van Basten was brave and went with youth. They would mention how these older players had their chances and won nothing. they would mention that Seedorf is one of the biggest assholes to play for Holland and every coach is glad to see the back of him. he is a distraction in every dressing room he has ever been in and only started to calm down so he could play in this WC..guess what? too late. But..voila...the race card come out one time cuz they black.

Why didn't V Basten pick Mackay and Huntelaar...two very popluar white Dutch players? Now he has dropped two even bigger stars who are white, Van Nistelrooy and Van Bommel? Why did he pick Maduro, Babel, Landzaat, Jaliens. These are young talented black or mixed players. Van Bronkhorst is not white and Boulharouz  is of Morroccon descent. Van basten may be a racist..but he has done nothing to unequivocally indicate that. Some people are too quick to pull the race card. It's gotten really sad and is like crying wolf now. Holland has had race problems in the squad..that is very true...but it is a huge leap to just assume because a EUROPEAN nation happens to have a majority white team, that the coach is a racist. Say wha'...we Trinis love bachanal

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 05:30:02 PM »
He drop meh boy Gio too.
Mess

Gio serving a ban after collecting a red card against Portugal...so it makes sense he got left out. Same with Boulharouz

There is no real basis, just a hunch. If Seedorf and Davids were white, they would say Van Basten was brave and went with youth. They would mention how these older players had their chances and won nothing. they would mention that Seedorf is one of the biggest assholes to play for Holland and every coach is glad to see the back of him. he is a distraction in every dressing room he has ever been in and only started to calm down so he could play in this WC..guess what? too late. But..voila...the race card come out one time cuz they black.

Why didn't V Basten pick Mackay and Huntelaar...two very popluar white Dutch players? Now he has dropped two even bigger stars who are white, Van Nistelrooy and Van Bommel? Why did he pick Maduro, Babel, Landzaat, Jaliens. These are young talented black or mixed players. Van Bronkhorst is not white and Boulharouz  is of Morroccon descent. Van basten may be a racist..but he has done nothing to unequivocally indicate that. Some people are too quick to pull the race card. It's gotten really sad and is like crying wolf now. Holland has had race problems in the squad..that is very true...but it is a huge leap to just assume because a EUROPEAN nation happens to have a majority white team, that the coach is a racist. Say wha'...we Trinis love bachanal

Ahmm wow what a convincing argument.....nothing to add point taken

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 07:31:29 AM »
I surprise Van Basten still have he job
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>