May 05, 2024, 12:09:51 AM

Author Topic: England's 2018 World Cup hopes rest on Warner  (Read 28963 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA v-p says England will lose 2018 bid
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 01:30:36 PM »
i say Canada is a good option for 2018..

Offline ttgapers

• dun know
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 01:45:39 PM »
haha, it amazes me how bold-face Jack is even in the international arena. The man have no lock for his mouth at all. How about you keep it to yourself and vote accordingly. Instead he rile up the hooligans in England. They have him mark, and that petition is gaining signatures rapidly.

ttgapers
ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean" style="border:0

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 01:57:18 PM »
Yeah, apart from whatever Jack Warner's supposed ulterior motives are, if the World Cup is rightfully scheduled to be held within the CONCACAF region, then it should be.

I find England extra bold to try and bid for it.

US hosted in '94 so I think Mexico should get it.

Who say Road Trip!!  :D

Why is England "extra bold"?  If anything fault FIFA, is them opening up de thing to all the ole talk...they should never even have entertained the speculation that any region other than CONCACAF would be hosting the 2018 Cup.  Once the talk of Europe started then England like any other Euro country would only be doing the wise thing to try and get it.

Uh huh, ok. Either way, whoever fault it is, they extra bold and I really don't mind Jack talking baout it, or the manner in which the chooses to do it.

Look out, another closet Jackula supporter!!!  :devil: :devil:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 01:58:36 PM »
I take hombridge 4 the period comment if yuh did say menopause less hombridge but hombridge non d same. Is either he lookin 4 some pounds all yuh see d rate or he tryin tomuddy the water 4 locals when they apply 4 work permits.

As being embarass by what Jack say I embarass bout Jack being a human far less a Trini
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 01:59:44 PM »
SERIOUS QUESTION:

does warner have any sort of education?

high school? university? votech?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 02:04:01 PM »
Yeah, apart from whatever Jack Warner's supposed ulterior motives are, if the World Cup is rightfully scheduled to be held within the CONCACAF region, then it should be.

I find England extra bold to try and bid for it.

US hosted in '94 so I think Mexico should get it.

Who say Road Trip!!  :D

Why is England "extra bold"?  If anything fault FIFA, is them opening up de thing to all the ole talk...they should never even have entertained the speculation that any region other than CONCACAF would be hosting the 2018 Cup.  Once the talk of Europe started then England like any other Euro country would only be doing the wise thing to try and get it.

Uh huh, ok. Either way, whoever fault it is, they extra bold and I really don't mind Jack talking baout it, or the manner in which the chooses to do it.

Look out, another closet Jackula supporter!!!  :devil: :devil:

Say whatever you want. If the World Cup is supposed to come to CONCACAF, then it should come to CONCACAF.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 02:09:26 PM »
SERIOUS QUESTION:

does warner have any sort of education?

high school? university? votech?

for real dred. the man does talk plain plain, like if he pitchin' marble in primary school wid he padna dem. Jack boy, you have a professional bone in ur body?  The way he brazen though, makes one think that he is holding REAL big secrets about all dem scamp in that FIFA circle. it's as if he knows, that the only way they could fire him is by his death, or else all ah dem going down with him.....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 06:15:30 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 02:10:34 PM »

If was Trinidad they said that about would you still NOT have a problem?  After all, much of what he said about England vis-a-vis their popularity in Europe can easily be applied to Trinidad as seen in the eyes of many caribbean nations.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2007, 02:19:50 PM »

If was Trinidad they said that about would you still NOT have a problem?  After all, much of what he said about England vis-a-vis their popularity in Europe can easily be applied to Trinidad as seen in the eyes of many caribbean nations.

This was the point of my post Toppa. Just because the WC shud rightfully go to CONCACAF in 2018 by the rotation system doh mean Jack cud go and slander ppl nation with reckless abandon. It was tactless and classless.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 02:20:51 PM »

Honestly, if the situations were reversed and let's say Jamaica were saying what Jack said, I would have kept quiet. Fair is fair.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 02:25:01 PM »

This was the point of my post Toppa. Just because the WC shud rightfully go to CONCACAF in 2018 by the rotation system doh mean Jack cud go and slander ppl nation with reckless abandon. It was tactless and classless.

"With reckless abandon"? Yuh's ah poet ah wha?

Maybe allyuh on this board just clouded by allyuh hate for Jack Warner. I'm not supporting the man yuh know, I'm supporting his point. We shouldn't just lie down and let whoever take the World Cup away from CONCACAF just because dey name Europe, because they would never allow anyone to do that to them. This isn't even about Nationality because realistically, the World Cup would never come to the West Indies - it'll go to North or Central America.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 02:27:29 PM »

If was Trinidad they said that about would you still NOT have a problem?  After all, much of what he said about England vis-a-vis their popularity in Europe can easily be applied to Trinidad as seen in the eyes of many caribbean nations.

Maybe allyuh on this board just clouded by allyuh hate for Jack Warner. I'm not supporting the man yuh know, I'm supporting his point. We shouldn't just lie down and let whoever take the World Cup away from CONCACAF just because dey name Europe, because they would never allow anyone to do that to them. This isn't even about Nationality because realistically, the World Cup would never come to the West Indies - it'll go to North or Central America.

Exactly.....as i said...they have to come real good. Nothing a few hundred million cant fix.

Buh.....who sign de petition? :devil:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 02:33:23 PM »
De problem isn't so much with the content as it is with the delivery..

Why he couldn't make his point without saying "nobody in europe like england"?

wha kinda lackaray talk is that?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 02:45:41 PM »
Jack playing politics. How the hell he could come to a conclusion like that. If they decide on rotation then rightly a Concacaf country(US or Mex, probably Canada) should host the tournament. If they decide by vote, I think England has the best chance. The EPL is the most popular in terms of worldwide tv ratings. Jack trying to make the English sweat. He is in a position of power. That is the only way he can say them things.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »

Except that's not what you said in your first response to the issue...you said you didn't have a problem with "the manner in which he said it", by "manner" one can only infer that you meant his words, and that you had no problem with what he said.  Anyways, if that's your opinion then that's your opinion...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 03:08:05 PM »
De problem isn't so much with the content as it is with the delivery..

I think you have that back to front.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 03:11:53 PM »
ok our resident spell-check..

content = world cup 2018 shouldn't go to Europe, should remain in CONCACAF.

delivery = everybody in europe hate england.. dey ent do nothing for football.. i go fight dem..

which part of this confuses you?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2007, 03:19:32 PM »

Except that's not what you said in your first response to the issue...you said you didn't have a problem with "the manner in which he said it", by "manner" one can only infer that you meant his words, and that you had no problem with what he said.  Anyways, if that's your opinion then that's your opinion...

What? I don't think I contradicted myself there. I said that I didn't have a problem wth what he said or how he said it. Then I said that I'm not supporting the man (as in the person, Jack Warner and the things he is notorious for in general) but I'm supporting the point he's making in this instance. But yeah, my opinion is my opinion ah guess.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2007, 04:26:08 PM »
i don't mean to appear naive, but why are the english football team  hated so much, even by other europeans? jealousy?

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 04:27:49 PM »
i don't mean to appear naive, but why are the english football team  hated so much, even by other europeans? jealousy?

maybe its because their players get "hyped" so much, but when its comes to tournaments they don't produce
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack fighting for WE or is HE?
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 04:29:53 PM »
Jack full of shit

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Fifa man opposes England 2018 bid
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2007, 05:09:40 PM »
  By Chris Mitchell
BBC World Service

Jack Warner
Warner wants the 2018 World Cup to come to the Concacaf region
Fifa vice-president Jack Warner said he will battle to stop England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

His decision will be a blow to the Football Association, who were likely to plan a bid on the back of any change to the current selection procedures.

"If the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it," Warner told BBC World Service.

"There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that."

Warner, a member of the world football body's executive committee since 1983, added: "It will be Italy, Spain, or even France who will get the World Cup if it goes to Europe.

They are personal remarks - I think Fifa will distance themselves from them very quickly

Brian Barwick
FA chief executive

"Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football."

FA chief executive Brian Barwick told BBC Radio Five Live he was "disappointed" by Warner's remarks.

"On Uefa, we are - alongside Germany - the most well-represented country in football across committees and working groups.

"I think frankly they are personal remarks," he added. "I think Fifa will distance themselves from them very quickly."

It is believed Fifa president Sepp Blatter is set to end the World Cup rotation policy when the executive committee meet later in the year.

Instead, the association are likely to approve a format that only precludes the continents that held the previous two World Cups from bidding again, which in 2018 would be Africa and South America.

Warner, president of Concacaf, added that he would battle to bring international football's premier tournament to his region, which covers North and Central America and the Caribbean.

"I really don't believe that we should just lay down and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from Concacaf," he said.

In July another Fifa executive committee member and former World Cup winner, German legend Franz Beckenbauer, offered his support to England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

He told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek: "There is no better country in Europe to host the World Cup in 2018. England is the favourite."

He added: "The most important thing is to end the rotation and bring the tournament back to Europe.

"The Premier League at the moment is the best league in Europe and the stadiums are outstanding.

"In my opinion, there is only one very serious candidate and it is England."

BBC World Service will air the full interview with Jack Warner on World Football with Alan Green on Saturday 11 August and Saturday 18 August.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2007, 05:15:21 PM »
His lack of tact is astounding.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
Is  astounding how many different threads we have on this topic...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2007, 05:25:35 PM »
Is  astounding how many different threads we have on this topic...

Ent
www.westindiantube.com

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »
i real vex, but this is an excellent move by Jack for his personal gain, smart play he make here, that check will need to have some serious numbers on it.  The reason i vex is cause i can't get in on the deal mehself
 ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2007, 05:48:14 PM »
"Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football."

:o

I am now of the firm opinion that Jack does enjoy making enemies...de more people hate him de stronger he does become

I feel all dese years Jack just need ah hug
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa man opposes England 2018 bid
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2007, 05:50:25 PM »
There are quite a few threads of this topic on the forum. Like I said before. The man full of ..it.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2007, 05:57:34 PM »
I don't see what's the big deal if England host it, am I missing something?

1]; } ?>