May 21, 2024, 05:02:40 PM

Author Topic: The Difference between Brazil's 4-2-3-1 & The European 4-2-3-1  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The Difference between Brazil's 4-2-3-1 & The European 4-2-3-1
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:22:49 PM »
jai john brought up an excellent topic about new formations and the evolving of tactics in football.

I think the board and coaches should spend more time hitting the books and film.

heres an article which speaks about it and was covered by a UK papers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/jun/24/the-question-brazil-4-2-3-1

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Difference between Brazil's 4-2-3-1 & The European 4-2-3-1
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 12:14:08 AM »
Nice post! Thanks!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »
Nice post! Thanks!

:beermug: thank jai john as well for bringing up the topic

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 05:33:04 PM »
on a side note, latas doesn't have the guile nor the experience to implement any of these strategic ideas into our framework.

this is one reason why we need an intl coach with the experience and knowledge
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:52:24 PM by Controversial »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 05:54:15 PM »
good topic, i noted long ago people on this board don't pay attention to tactics apart from simplying identifying a formation...

that being said I wondered how our squad would work using New Zealand's "Defensive" 3-4-3, that they used in the world cup

With Wingbacks like Carlos and Jloyd Samuel who are responsible enough on the defensive end and the proper two defensive midfielders, i think we'd be a handful in Concacaf with it...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 05:58:43 PM »
good topic, i noted long ago people on this board don't pay attention to tactics apart from simplying identifying a formation...

that being said I wondered how our squad would work using New Zealand's "Defensive" 3-4-3, that they used in the world cup

With Wingbacks like Carlos and Jloyd Samuel who are responsible enough on the defensive end and the proper two defensive midfielders, i think we'd be a handful in Concacaf with it...

excellent suggestion, that formation did work well for nz in the wc, however latas is not the man to do it, hopefully we have a new coach within a few months to start our campaign on the right track and define a strategy that will be best for our team with the players we have available to us

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 06:26:15 PM »
also keeping in mind what our concacaf opponents are playing and devise a strategy that will counter their current formation.

this is war and we need to take it as a battle plan for the future of our program

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »

i wonder what formation latas went with yesterday when we get kick out of the digicel?

its funny only a few us concerned with tactics and strategy. jai john summed it up in his post today at the frustration of the tt people

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 03:20:22 AM »

i wonder what formation latas went with yesterday when we get kick out of the digicel?

its funny only a few us concerned with tactics and strategy. jai john summed it up in his post today at the frustration of the tt people

Controversial,
                  We can talk all the formations we want. If them guys can do the basics properly, if the first touch ain't dey, formation is ah waste ah time!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:34:26 AM by Deeks »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

Yuh name de wingbacks and de midfielders but which 3 defenders yuh putting in dey. Dat go be de problem.  As I understand it most teams playing 3 at de back does put 3 central defenders, we having problems finding 2. I eh know if dat could work. But den I doh get paid to figure dese tings out. To paraphrase Deeks, de formation doh matter if de players available cyah play de required roles.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 09:48:56 PM »

Yuh name de wingbacks and de midfielders but which 3 defenders yuh putting in dey. Dat go be de problem.  As I understand it most teams playing 3 at de back does put 3 central defenders, we having problems finding 2. I eh know if dat could work. But den I doh get paid to figure dese tings out. To paraphrase Deeks, de formation doh matter if de players available cyah play de required roles.

James, Marshall, Primus, Cyrus even Abu Bakr... the Defensive Mids in the formation more important than the CBs for this formation to work..trust me...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »

James, Marshall, Primus, Cyrus even Abu Bakr... the Defensive Mids in the formation more important than the CBs for this formation to work..trust me...
Well me eh no coach so ah go have to take allyuh word fuh it.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 09:34:20 AM »

Controversial,
                  We can talk all the formations we want. If them guys can do the basics properly, if the first touch ain't dey, formation is ah waste ah time!!!!!!!!!

well said, we cant even study formation and tactics until our players are fit and able to do the basics...some forumites need to stop fooling themselves about all the talent we have

Offline trinipepper

• New Warrior
  • addin fire to the flame ...izatrini
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 10:29:45 AM »
well said, we cant even study formation and tactics until our players are fit and able to do the basics...some forumites need to stop fooling themselves about all the talent we have

Talent yeah right... we cant even pass or string 10 passes together.. we falling down and cant even move up the field...Basic technique is good.. always will and has been .... but match condition and match fitness should always be included in the way we train... Tactics is needed in the men and women game we cant even string three passes together... It begins with technique and tactics... It is there fitness is incorporated.....we aint want the players peaking at the wrong time killing them with fitness but conditioning and endurance for the match...The brazil formation where the defenders and mids moves up the field.... when last yah see a Trinidad defender move up the field...look at yah classic teams Barcelona, Man u, Brazil, Holland, Spain...its about the players reading the game and attacking with movement up the field not planting their foot in a position..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 10:48:17 AM »

Controversial,

does say dat all d time, dem doesn't want to here it, an dis brings me to where feel Latas go excel YOUTH SKILLS COACH\TRAINER d youth go be more receptive to d only way he seem able to communicate he ideas............wit ah ball by he feet.
I pity the fool....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 01:12:30 PM »
quote]

well according to this we should have no army, police, coast guard, air guard, firemen etc. ...
Do you know young recruits go in to these services with no experience ? in other words raw ? There they are trained to carry out their functions ...

ever see an entry sample ...and then a passing out parade ? It seems impossible that the young relatively indisciplined bunch could look so good after training ...that my friend is the duty of a coach ...to take the raw material and mould it into something that is nowhere near what they started with ... a team !

Did not Beenie take a group which was headed in the wrong direction and turn them around ? ...you know Pep Guardiloa took a barcelona unit which was on a downward spiral and moulded them into the best playing team in the world ...

Give me a break with this ...it eh de coach is de players talk ...grow up . this is hardball ...if you are not good enough to show results ...you are not good enough. Didn't lalapy say he was ready after beating St Vincent, haiti and guyana ? ...so if he was reday ...why was he not ready ? ...because he does not know what ready is !
Are you ready to face that reality ?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 04:34:29 PM »
the players weren't paid, the coach was romancing a few ladies in the french antilles and he lacks the experience and strategic insight.

all in all, its not the players, if wim was there or another intl coach who is actually good, we would have won this digicel and advanced to the gold cup with ease if the players were paid as well.

i don't even think latas can execute an offside trap let alone a hybrid formation like that of brazil, which is tailored after an earlier edition of italy's formation from the yesteryear.

football is about money in tt, if the players not getting the coinage don't expect them to win for the nation, national pride doesn't pay the bills, or feed your family. the ttff don't really care because qualifying don't start till september. so they will ride out this firestorm by the unpaid players and get rid of latas when they have enough money to do so, just in time for qualifying.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:41:37 PM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »
Controversial,
                     I hearing this talk about players not getting paid. Then why are they playing for the national team. It don't make sense. You disguntled you not getting paid why go thru the process to embarass yourself and the nation. Pure excuses.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »
Controversial,
                     I hearing this talk about players not getting paid. Then why are they playing for the national team. It don't make sense. You disguntled you not getting paid why go thru the process to embarass yourself and the nation. Pure excuses.

if they don't play they will be blacklisted. refusal of playing may leave them in a worse position, since many of the players need caps for foreign clubs

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 05:34:31 PM »
Controversial,

if they don't play they will be blacklisted. refusal of playing may leave them in a worse position, since many of the players need caps for foreign clubs

Which foreign clubs? I still doubt that. All them fellahs can,t be that mickey mouse, seriously.

1]; } ?>