May 14, 2024, 09:33:01 PM

Author Topic: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 44741 times)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2011, 10:30:30 AM »
I dont think its fair to say the likes of Barbados and St. Kitts are better than India, at the very least, India should be on par with these teams. and yes, I do expect T&T to beat India in T&T.

If this helps, I recall Jamaica playing them at Loftos Road about 8 years ago, it was 3-0 win for Jamaica, in those days Jamaica struggled to score goals, normally scoring only once per game..

But India has improved since.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2011, 10:46:29 AM »
Unfortunately this thread gone on the racial highway. I think most of us are pissed off, not because we playing India. We are pissed off because that is the only prep. game before an important WCQ. We should have played about six games(including the game with India) before the Bermuda game seeing that we did not make the GC. Like most of allyuh forget Bermuda beat us at home last WCQ. Forget that we went Hamilton and win the return. We should have played the Haiti game. There is no excuse. None.

Now all this racial crap on the forum is totally out ah hand. Things start off with regular Trini picong and next thing we cussin' up one another. This is the 2nd time an Indian team will be coming to TT. Only one African team(south Africa) I think has played in TT. Correct me on that. Jack Warner has been a FiFA big man all them years. He has been bestowed with some Yoruba name. How many other African team has he brought to TT. With all his blackness how come he never saw fit to bring African teams to play in TT. Nigeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire,Tunisia, Angola. Even Liberia and sierra Leone can givE tt real thunder.

I have no issue with the Indian game whatsoever. But plz, is this preparation for WC?

Nah, it must be preparation for Mastana Bahar, certainly not a WC qualifier.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2011, 10:51:50 AM »
I'm not so happy that we have to play lesser known teams...  :'(

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »

I can only imagine how you felt when we had to play Belize.

VB

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2011, 11:10:56 AM »
Unfortunately this thread gone on the racial highway. I think most of us are pissed off, not because we playing India. We are pissed off because that is the only prep. game before an important WCQ. We should have played about six games(including the game with India) before the Bermuda game seeing that we did not make the GC. Like most of allyuh forget Bermuda beat us at home last WCQ. Forget that we went Hamilton and win the return. We should have played the Haiti game. There is no excuse. None.

Now all this racial crap on the forum is totally out ah hand. Things start off with regular Trini picong and next thing we cussin' up one another. This is the 2nd time an Indian team will be coming to TT. Only one African team(south Africa) I think has played in TT. Correct me on that. Jack Warner has been a FiFA big man all them years. He has been bestowed with some Yoruba name. How many other African team has he brought to TT. With all his blackness how come he never saw fit to bring African teams to play in TT. Nigeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire,Tunisia, Angola. Even Liberia and sierra Leone can givE tt real thunder.

I have no issue with the Indian game whatsoever. But plz, is this preparation for WC?

Nah, it must be preparation for Mastana Bahar, certainly not a WC qualifier.

VB

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2011, 11:22:47 AM »

I can only imagine how you felt when we had to play Belize.

VB

bro when we continued to seek friendlies against Guyana & Grenada I was pissed. I have not been a happy supporter since I was humiliated amongst my friends in Tenn... (when we got blown out 3-0 by the US). All de race talk from this thread put aside... if your team holding Sweden and you playing India/Belize fuh friendlies, yuh under de rock at the bottom. However the administration have yet to hang they head in shame.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:26:51 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2011, 11:43:42 AM »

Imagine how other ppl does feel when they have to play we.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »

Imagine how other ppl does feel when they have to play we.

true  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2011, 03:03:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4uVEnzQfkzg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4uVEnzQfkzg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2011, 03:39:46 PM »
:rotfl:

u takin d chance to laugh yuh might get labelled a racist....it still funny no ass doh
I pity the fool....

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »
allyuh fellas joking bout this game.. Lets hope india doh mek we di laughing stuck of di wurld.. Jamaica played India several years ago and tie the first .. di came back to win the second 3-0. anyway a Trini partner call mi today and tell mi..
Partner ..War  I hear we playing allyuh..
War .. Playing? who allyuh wey yu talking bout dread?
Partner .. Football boi.. India touring trinidad..
War.. Two cuss in he mudda c**t I rest on him.....
This is di same f**ka who call mi and tell mi allyuh lost boi.. mexico gave allyuh 4... and a cuss him too.. This is di same partner who does not come to my Football Tournament because Everybody is responsible for there own food and drinks.. whatever....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2011, 04:34:56 PM »
So it seems India is happy to be playing higher ranked teams because its not often they do so,we dont get many compliments these days so that is nice to hear,we are high ranking in India's eyes.I hope we can show that we can comprehensively beat India coz we are much higher ranked than them,nothing less than a 3 nil will do.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »
So it seems India is happy to be playing higher ranked teams because its not often they do so,we dont get many compliments these days so that is nice to hear,we are high ranking in India's eyes.I hope we can show that we can comprehensively beat India coz we are much higher ranked than them,nothing less than a 3 nil will do.

WE?! What do you mean by WE?!  ???

That is not WE team, that is the TTFF's team and they are not going anywhere with the current admin in charge unless Pfister is a miracle worker!!

Call me unpatriotic if you will but I'm hoping India gives that TTFF team a beating!!
They deserve it based upon their preparation progamme so far!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:00:16 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2011, 05:03:27 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4uVEnzQfkzg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4uVEnzQfkzg</a>

The man say something about some....... "big Indian winger, sorry magician just like Trinidad's own Hayden Tinto" ???

Then he end up with, people must come out and support, because unlike in the past he sure there would'nt be a problem if people support both teams?? ???

What he was talking about, or who he was talking to? Is it that he just trying to generate interest in the game via controversy or Trinidad is a different, different place from say the '80's?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »
What color Team India wearing?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2011, 07:09:10 PM »

Light blue, I think???

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »

Why? , yuh trying to organize yuh dhoti?  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
Lord  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2011, 03:33:23 AM »
Well Socapro ah still cyah help mehself after all deeze years in furrin,ah still call TT home so when ah say "we"ah didn't consider the situation as deep as you,have you considered how bad the effect will be on TT football if we get beat.I clearly understand what yuh saying though.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2011, 03:46:18 AM »

Why? , yuh trying to organize yuh dhoti?  ;D

Mine is pressed and ready to go.

All doubles half price  before the match.

VB

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2011, 07:45:26 AM »
Wah de Dougla people dem go wear. ;D

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2011, 07:57:34 AM »

Ice green and gold fuh we top & ah nice tie dyed dhoti in rice, dhal and bhaji colors fuh we bottom.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2011, 09:40:40 AM »

Ice green and gold fuh we top & ah nice tie dyed dhoti in rice, dhal and bhaji colors fuh we bottom.
Dem Indians go jess luv dat,lol.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2011, 12:07:50 PM »
Why all yuh don't stop the racist mess and concentrate on the game?  Either support or don't support.  All the ethnic jokes are unnecessary.  If India cut we tail ah want to hear what those same people will say.  With the mess that is our football admnistration, anything is possible. And I am not an Indian doogla or possess any Indian blood. 
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2011, 02:19:38 PM »
Why all yuh don't stop the racist mess and concentrate on the game?  Either support or don't support.  All the ethnic jokes are unnecessary.  If India cut we tail ah want to hear what those same people will say.  With the mess that is our football admnistration, anything is possible. And I am not an Indian doogla or possess any Indian blood. 

Store, I could understand the bitternes. Many Indians have a lot of ethnic pride, as their language and culture still keep them binded to some degree to India. Some will prefer India over TT, other will obviously be Trini first.

Rightuflly any Trini would be insulted by this. It's the same in canada where many ethnic groups support the land of their ancestors as opposed to Canada, likewise USA and UK. In TT our ethnic mix is much less so we don't see a hundred ethnic groups that have lived in the country for a hundred years or less still maintaining close ties to their cultural homeland. As one person put it, it's "cultural pride."

Many Canadians get fed up with this, especially during the World Cup. Trinis have every right to be offended if local Indians like India over TT - and some will. But its no less surprising than to see the descendants of Trinis and J'cans living in N. America and UK support the land of their forefathers over the land of their birth. Are they racists? And they don't give a damn what their countrymen think.
Ask the locals living foreign, who their children support in football.

That's the way it is in many countries. Take it or leave it.

Personally speaking, I am always happy to see India do well but not at TT's expense.

And if we lose to this shit side, as a pennance the whole team should learn some chutney and go and peform on Mastana Bahar.  ;D

VB

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2011, 03:47:39 PM »

Store, I could understand the bitternes. Many Indians have a lot of ethnic pride, as their language and culture still keep them binded to some degree to India. Some will prefer India over TT, other will obviously be Trini first.

Rightuflly any Trini would be insulted by this. It's the same in canada where many ethnic groups support the land of their ancestors as opposed to Canada, likewise USA and UK. In TT our ethnic mix is much less so we don't see a hundred ethnic groups that have lived in the country for a hundred years or less still maintaining close ties to their cultural homeland. As one person put it, it's "cultural pride."

Many Canadians get fed up with this, especially during the World Cup. Trinis have every right to be offended if local Indians like India over TT - and some will. But its no less surprising than to see the descendants of Trinis and J'cans living in N. America and UK support the land of their forefathers over the land of their birth. Are they racists? And they don't give a damn what their countrymen think.

Personally speaking, I am always happy to see India do well but not at TT's expense.

And if we lose to this shit side, as a pennance the whole team should learn some chutney and go and peform on Mastana Bahar.  ;D

VB

Again well said VB. well said.

As a Trini I used to be offended when I first learned Trini Indians supported the Indian Cricket team when they played the West Indies at the Oval. But living in NY, I've seen exactly what you're talking about.

I hope T&T do well but I hope the friendly serves its purpose--to provide the coaching staff the information they need to be able to make proper adjustments for success against our immediate opponents.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2011, 03:51:31 PM »

VB

I don't think your comparison fits well.  The West Indians who support their countries even though they live in the US, UK or Canada are mostly 1st or 2nd generation immigrants.   How many generations have passed since the Fatel Razack landed?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2011, 05:03:23 PM »
...But its no less surprising than to see the descendants of Trinis and J'cans living in N. America and UK support the land of their forefathers over the land of their birth.

Which is why I say I ent too upset if they want to support India.  How many ah we living right here in the US, in some cases we's US citizens, yet supporting anybody but the US?  Yes I recognize the central difference being that Indians in TnT is born-bred Trinis yet supporting some other country that ent give a fart about them... but that is their business if they want to throw 'way dey support like that.  Some would say the TTFF eh give ah fart about we supporters either  :D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »
I think you're right about the well preserved culture and language that imbues people with that connection to India. I don't think any other ethnic group in T&T embraces the popular culture and sport of their ancestral home more than the East Indian community and there's nothing wrong with that.

I want to agree with Peong that its not a fair comparison you made though. You can't compare them freshwaters with people whose family has been here for generations.

Regarding the actual football we need to respect out opponents and do our best to win.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »
...But its no less surprising than to see the descendants of Trinis and J'cans living in N. America and UK support the land of their forefathers over the land of their birth.

Which is why I say I ent too upset if they want to support India.  How many ah we living right here in the US, in some cases we's US citizens, yet supporting anybody but the US?  Yes I recognize the central difference being that Indians in TnT is born-bred Trinis yet supporting some other country that ent give a fart about them... but that is their business if they want to throw 'way dey support like that.  Some would say the TTFF eh give ah fart about we supporters either  :D
VB you talikn madness dey, show me one afro trini who would support nigeria or ghana if they was playing T&T @ the hasley crawford? i know i would be supporting T&T all the way even if we had fojo, birchall, de silver, devenish and ah bunch ah white trinis on the team.

dem indians supporting india for yrs now, that eh nothing new, especially in the cricket.

i remember when bishan badi dem play WI in the QPO, them indians came out in the thousands to cheer for india. ::) i eh go lie, that angered a lot of trinis boy! and not just black trinis, but whites and fenchcreoles alike, the indo trini community didn't do themselves any favors that day.

imagine me supporting zimbabwe against the WI, that will be the day. :duel:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:59:17 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>