May 21, 2024, 06:40:11 AM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 104960 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »
ah find every season now, barca sounding like they want to offload eto. hmmmm i guess business is business but still man
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »
Kaka set to be confirmed as a Real Madrid player

By Soccernet staff

June 8, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Brazil international Kaka appears certain to be confirmed as a Real Madrid player after completing a medical on Monday.

GettyImages

Kaka: Madrid move on the horizon

The 27-year-old AC Milan playmaker was given permission to meet with Real officials between World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Paraguay and is thought to have passed both initial tests and a full medical at the national team's base in Recife.

Providing there are no last-minute problems Kaka will become Real's first signing following the return of Florentino Perez as club president.

If the deal is concluded the fee is expected to be £56m, which would smash the previous world record of £47m paid by Real to Juventus in 2001 for Zinedine Zidane and could be the first in a new wave of 'Galáctico' signings.

Kaka, who converted a penalty in Brazil's 4-0 win in Uruguay on Saturday, has refused to discuss his future since joining up with the Brazil squad last Tuesday.

When he last spoke publically about his future, Kaka insisted he was desperate to stay at the San Siro, but the economic realities of such a huge transfer fee mean Milan are eager to do business in order to provide new boss Leonardo with transfer funds. Ironically, it was Leonardo who helped persuade Kaka to join Milan from São Paulo in 2003.

Confirming that the medical had taken place a statement on the Brazilian Football Federation website read: ''The technical committee of the Brazilian national team attended the request of Kaka and the board of Real Madrid and released the player to perform the routine examinations in a clinic in Recife.

''The CBF had to make all the arrangements for the test through its Medical Department head Jose Luiz Runco, who accompanied the player during the tests.''

Regardless of whether a deal is completed on Monday or early on Tuesday Real Madrid will have to wait before they can parade Kaka at the Santiago Bernabeu due to Kaka's commitments with Brazil.

After entertaining Paraguay in Recife on Wednesday, Brazil begin their Confederations Cup campaign against Egypt next Monday and will be in action until June 28 if they make it through the tournament.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2009, 06:09:07 PM »
Lavezzi's advisor issues warning over Liverpool bid

June 8, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Ezequiel Lavezzi's advisor has put further pressure on Napoli by insisting the Italian club must allow the player to speak to Liverpool about a possible transfer.

Ezequiel Lavezzi

FilippoMonteforte/GettyImages

Ezequiel Lavezzi: Liverpool interest

Serie A club Napoli have insisted that Lavezzi, believed to be one of Rafael Benitez's top transfer targets for the summer, is not for sale and have refused to comment on Liverpool's interest.

But on Monday, in a move which is unlikely to help push the deal to a satisfactory conclusion for either the player or Benitez, Lavezzi's advisor Eduardo Rossetto has told Napoli they must allow talks to take place.

The 24-year-old Argentina forward, who still has four years left on his contract with Napoli, scored seven goals in 30 league starts last season and is one of Europe's hottest properties. It is thought Liverpool have made an offer in the region of £20m for the player, who has also been linked with Manchester City.

Lavezzi has already written an open letter the club's fans criticising the way he has been treated and the general consensus is that he will not be at the club for 2009-10 season.

''Liverpool's proposal is true,'' said Rossetto. ''(Napoli general director Pierpaolo) Marino has met twice with FIFA agent Pablo Cosentino, who has invited him to set up a meeting in Liverpool or in Naples with the English outfit.

''Ezequiel has tried several times to speak to Marino but he has received no response. If Napoli have decided to take this extreme position, so will we. We don't want to force Napoli to sell the player but I think it is correct for the club just to consider the offer, to judge it whether it's sufficient or not.''

Lavezzi, who joined Napoli in the summer of 2007, has previously played for San Lorenzo and Estudiantes. He has two full international caps to his name and was part of the Argentina squad which won Gold at the 2008 Olympic Games.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »
Real Madrid still gonna get blowout from Barca.  ;D

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2009, 07:40:04 PM »
Real Madrid still gonna get blowout from Barca.  ;D

true that

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2009, 04:56:36 AM »
if madrid get ronaldo too, that will make the el classico so much more fun

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2009, 05:01:13 AM »
Lavezzi's advisor issues warning over Liverpool bid

June 8, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Ezequiel Lavezzi's advisor has put further pressure on Napoli by insisting the Italian club must allow the player to speak to Liverpool about a possible transfer.

Ezequiel Lavezzi

FilippoMonteforte/GettyImages

Ezequiel Lavezzi: Liverpool interest

Serie A club Napoli have insisted that Lavezzi, believed to be one of Rafael Benitez's top transfer targets for the summer, is not for sale and have refused to comment on Liverpool's interest.

But on Monday, in a move which is unlikely to help push the deal to a satisfactory conclusion for either the player or Benitez, Lavezzi's advisor Eduardo Rossetto has told Napoli they must allow talks to take place.

The 24-year-old Argentina forward, who still has four years left on his contract with Napoli, scored seven goals in 30 league starts last season and is one of Europe's hottest properties. It is thought Liverpool have made an offer in the region of £20m for the player, who has also been linked with Manchester City.

Lavezzi has already written an open letter the club's fans criticising the way he has been treated and the general consensus is that he will not be at the club for 2009-10 season.

''Liverpool's proposal is true,'' said Rossetto. ''(Napoli general director Pierpaolo) Marino has met twice with FIFA agent Pablo Cosentino, who has invited him to set up a meeting in Liverpool or in Naples with the English outfit.

''Ezequiel has tried several times to speak to Marino but he has received no response. If Napoli have decided to take this extreme position, so will we. We don't want to force Napoli to sell the player but I think it is correct for the club just to consider the offer, to judge it whether it's sufficient or not.''

Lavezzi, who joined Napoli in the summer of 2007, has previously played for San Lorenzo and Estudiantes. He has two full international caps to his name and was part of the Argentina squad which won Gold at the 2008 Olympic Games.

come juventus na man stop playin up

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2009, 05:08:12 AM »
argentina have to be doing something right. they can  find 10 top strikers in a heart beat

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has lashed out at Real Madrid and lambasted his counterpart Florentino Perez for "distorting" the transfer market.
Click Here

Madrid completed the world-record signing of Kaka from AC Milan on Monday night, splashing out a reported €65m for the Brazil playmaker.

Speculation is also rife that they could beat even that with an €80m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo, and Laporta believes that could be dangerous for football.

"It's an opportunity to try to show that the market is at different levels," he said. "To pay these quantities is exorbitant.

"It doesn't fit in with the reality of the market and it's too risky. It's distorting it."

Laporta insists Madrid's massive spending power does not worry him following a spectacular season for Barca which saw them lift the treble of the Primera Division, Copa del Rey and Champions League.

Barca have been linked to big-money deals of their own but their president claims he will not be following their bitter rivals' example.

He added: "We only have to make touch-ups. I'm trebly calm."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
The 2009-2010 Transfer Rumors and Gossip Thread
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »
hoping this helps to separate the real stuff from the silly season nonsense..

Blues and Real in Villa tug of war

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9661024/Blues-and-Real-in-Villa-tug-of-war

The Blues are reportedly prepared to pay £38million for the 27-year-old, while Real are said to be offering £24million plus striker Alvaro Negredo.

Chelsea's sporting director Frank Arnesen and Jorge Valdano of Madrid are currently in Valencia for make-or-break talks with the club and his agent, Jose Luis Tamargo.

Villa is set to decide this week on which club he prefers and while Tamargo has previously insisted the Spain international will not move away from his homeland, he now says 'sporting ambition' is also important in the decision.

Tamargo told The Sun: "The key here is not just the money being offered but the sporting ambition of the club. David has never only been interested in money."

Chelsea nor Real have yet to comment on the speculation.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The 2009-2010 Transfer Rumors and Gossip Thread
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »
Agent: Mascherano fancies Barca bash

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9661044/Agent:-Masch-fancies-Barca-bash

Javier Mascherano's agent has made it clear that the Liverpool midfielder would jump at the chance to join European kings Barcelona.

Mascherano has been linked with a move to the Spanish champions, and agent Walter Tamer claims his client would be very keen.

"If a club like Barcelona want to bring you into their ranks after having completed such a brilliant season and having won everything, obviously as a player, you are going to say, 'Yes, I want to play there,'" he told RAC-1 programme 'Tu Diras'.

"It is an honour for Javier that a club like Barca pay such close attention to him, especially after the incredible season they had. I believe that a transfer would be feasible. If Barca really want him, he will sign for them.

"He would have a very easy job at Barca. Sometimes we talk and joke that the only thing he has to do is run, rob the ball, and pass it on to all the superstars in front of him."

But Tamer does admit that the move could be made more difficult if Liverpool agree to sell Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid.

"What if Xabi Alonso also leaves? Surely, Rafael Benitez would not want to have both his central midfielders go. It will be difficult, although Xabi's future does not depend on Mascherano and vice-versa.

"The transaction would certainly happen, but the first to leave will have more options."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »
Pato set for talks with Ancelotti

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9661040/Pato-set-for-talks-with-Ancelotti

Alexandre Pato has revealed he will speak to new Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti before deciding whether he will stay at AC Milan.

The 19-year-old has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge ever since his former boss Ancelotti made the switch last month.

The Brazilian international moved to swiftly deny any reports linking him with a move to West London last week - but it now seems his head has been turned.

The former Internacional star admitted that his future would be resolved after the Confederations Cup - where Brazil will compete against the likes of Spain and Italy - in South Africa due to begin in a week's time.

"It's an honour being esteemed by a club like Chelsea," Pato, who finished the season with a total of 17 goals in all competitions, told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Anyway, I repeat, I will meet Ancelotti before, then Milan officials. My future will be clear at the end of June."

Despite Pato's insistence on meeting with Ancelotti, Milan are unlikely to let another of their top stars leave the San Siro this summer after Kaka's sensational move to Real Madrid.

But the news that one of their brightest talents is desperate to discuss his future with one of their former managers rather than the club itself will come as major blow to the Milan hierarchy.

"There is nothing decided yet," Pato reiterated. "At the end of June, after the Confederations Cup, I'll meet Milan officials and we will talk about my future. But before I'll talk with Ancelotti.

"He's a sensational man. I owe him. It's because of him I've been able to emerge at Milan and in Italian football.

"Before deciding my future I want to talk to him."

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2009, 03:04:50 PM »
omar you does eat roti with ah knife and fork :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »
Report: Manchester City's Robinho Offers Himself To Barcelona

Goal.com 7 minutes ago

Robinho’s uncertain future at Manchester City continues to draw speculation and the latest rumors suggest that he could be on his way back to Spain ’s Primera Division.

According to Sport, the ex-Real Madrid forward has apparently offered his services to Barcelona , just a week after informing the president of another of his former clubs, Santos ’ Marcelo Teixeira, that he was unhappy and ready to leave Eastlands .

The 25-year-old has openly expressed his admiration for the Blaugrana after the Catalans won unmitigated praise this past season for playing attractive, attacking football while bagging ‘el gran triplete’.

“So far, there have only been speculations. There is nothing concrete and I haven’t received any offers,” he was quoted as saying by Sport.

“The only thing I can say is that Barcelona are a great team and everybody would love to play for them.”

The Brazilian then went on to reiterate that he made the right decision back in August last year to demand an exit from the Santiago Bernabeu.

“I left because I was not happy. I do not regret the decision and I’m comfortable at Manchester City ,” he explained.

Finally, he spoke briefly about his compatriot Kaka’s move to Los Merengues:

“I wish him good luck at Madrid and I hope that he can become the best in the world again.” 

KS Leong, Goal.com
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread for The 2009-2010 football season
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2009, 08:17:49 AM »
Kaka = overrated & overpriced.

Cosign 1000%
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2009, 08:54:25 AM »
Man Utd accept Real Madrid's £80m Ronaldo bid

By Soccernet staff

June 11, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Manchester United have accepted an £80m ($131.6m or €93.9m) offer from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

GettyImages

Cristiano Ronaldo's last game for United was the Champions League final defeat to Barca

A statement on the United website confirmed that a deal for the 24-year-old should be completed by the end of the month.

• Editor John Brewin on the inevitability of Ronaldo's £80m move to Real Madrid

''Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of £80m for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

''At Cristiano's request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player.

''Matters are expected to be concluded by June 30. The club will not comment until further notice.''

Ronaldo has long been a target for the Spanish giants, whose president Florentino Perez vowed earlier this week to do ''everything possible'' to take the forward to the Bernabeu.

It is now certain that a second era of galacticos has begun at Madird, with news of Ronaldo's £80m deal coming in the same week that Perez agreed a £59m deal ($97m or €69m) to sign Kaka. Which means in less than a week, Madrid have committed to spending an incredible £139m ($228m or €162.9m) on just two players.

In Perez's previous stint as Madrid president he oversaw the acquisitions of global stars Ronaldo (£23.2m), David Beckham (£24.5m), Luis Figo (£37m), as well as Zinedine Zidane in what was a then world record of £46.7m.

The news is bound to be greeted with some scepticism by United fans who have repeatedly been told no deal had been agreed for the sale of FIFA's World Player of the Year. That came in the face of regular statements from Spain that the former Sporting Lisbon star was bound for the Bernabeu.

It was even suggested Ronaldo would be due upwards of £20m in compensation from Real if the deal did not go through by June 30, the date United now state themselves is when they expect matters to be concluded.

As it now seems a matter of when, rather than if, a world record transfer will be completed, Sir Alex Ferguson might wish to explain why he has gone back on his famous comment in December last year that he would not ''sell that mob a virus''.

It is the first time for many years United would have allowed a player to leave they were not happy about losing.

Yet some supporters may be pleased that at least another drawn-out transfer saga, such as the one 12 months ago, will not be played out in public.

At least the money could be reinvested in a squad that almost proved good enough to win back-to-back Champions League trophies, in addition to a hat-trick of Premier League titles.

In reshaping a squad that looked almost certain to lose Carlos Tevez as well, though the cash from Real Madrid may change that, Ferguson might be able to offer Wayne Rooney a more permanent central striking role and fulfil the promise he has shown on the international stage this season.

The name of Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery is bound to crop up as a potential replacement, although the 27-year-old seems hugely overpriced at the £40m figure being bandied about in some quarters. Wigan's Antonio Valencia has long been touted as a summer signing.

Ferguson will certainly be making plans already to ensure his new faces are on board before United head to Asia for their pre-season tour in five weeks.

Amid the frenzy over Ronaldo's impending departure, it is bound to be asked whether the current debt hanging over United of almost £700m has played any part in the decision to accept Real's huge bid.

While Ferguson has always backed the Glazer family for the backing he has received, supporters will now be interested to see whether their manager is handed all the funds received from Spain, plus an annual transfer kitty said to be around £25m.

With Edwin van der Sar, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville all reaching the end of their careers, it promises to be a far more testing summer than Ferguson might have realised.

And, for all the petulance and pouting for which Ronaldo is so famed, filling the void created by the loss of his immense talent may prove difficult.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2009, 08:56:32 AM »
let the swarm of bandwaggonists begin!

first Barca...now Real

i know they have some mad men backing both!!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2009, 05:35:55 AM »
AC Milan seal €15m deal for Porto's Cissokho
Reuters
June 14, 2009
Comment
Email
Print

AC Milan have agreed a deal to buy Porto's French left back Aly Cissokho, chief executive Adriano Galliani said on Sunday.

"The agreement has been reached thanks to the friendship of the president of Porto," Galliani told Italian media, adding that the 21-year-old would have a medical on Monday.

Cissokho, who media reports say has cost 15 million euros ($21.1m), will be Milan's first signing since the departure of coach Carlo Ancelotti to Chelsea and playmaker Kaka to Real Madrid.

The Serie A side are also hopeful of signing VfL Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko and have been linked in the media with Sao Paolo midfielder Hernanes.

sauce: soccernet.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2009, 09:02:58 AM »

Luis Figo Slams Real Madrid's 'Shameful' Summer Spending

Goal.com 23 minutes ago

Portuguese maestro Luis Figo has heavily criticised former club Real Madrid and returning President Florentino Perez for the vast sums of money he has spent to bring new talent to the Bernabeu this month.

Los Merengues have splashed out incredible sums of money to lure Brazilian Kaka and Ballon d’Or holder Cristiano Ronaldo to La Liga in an attempt to oust rivals Barcelona from their perch both domestically and in Europe.

However Figo, who himself endured a spell as the world’s most expensive player when he moved to Real Madrid for £37m in 2000, reckons that given the current financial climate, Perez’s spending policy is outrageous.

Goal.com Spain reports that the 36-year old commented, “In times of crisis in the world, the figures being spent by Real Madrid at the moment is shameful.

“Kaka and Cristiano [Ronaldo] are both great players, but they have paid a lot of money for them.”

In addition, Figo commented on former team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has previously been linked with a move to Barcelona, with speculation in today’s press suggest that Real Madrid are also considering a move for the front-man.

Figo said simply of the speculation, “In the years I’ve played at Inter Milan he has played very well and has grown as a player. He now must choose what option suits him best.”

The former Portuguese international retired from football at the end of the season following a glittering career both in Spain and Italy.

Paul Macdonald, Goal.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal_luis_figo_slams&prov=goal&type=lgns
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »
Don't see Jason Scotland running out for Fulham next season.

Manchester City striker Jo, who cost £19m a year ago, seems set to play on loan at Fulham next season after his temporary stay at Everton in the second half of the last campaign. City are unwilling to sell the Brazilian for less than £15m/quote]

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2009, 10:49:43 AM »
YET ANOTHER BLOCKBUSTER FOR REAL MADRID?:

Zinedine Zidane, an advisor to Real president Florentino Perez, has spoken to France midfielder Franck Ribery to try and convince him to move to the Spanish capital from Bayern Munich. The News of the World  ::) reports that Real have promised to sign him next summer

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14062009/58/la-liga-zidane-reveals-ribery-talks.html

La Liga - Zidane reveals Ribery talks
Eurosport - Sun, 14 Jun 14:12:00 2009

Zinedine Zidane, an advisor to Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, has spoken to France midfielder Franck Ribery to try and convince him to move to the Spanish capital from Bayern Munich.

"I am in talks with Franck," the former three times World Player of the Year, who wore the Real shirt from 2001 to 2006, told Sunday's edition of French newspaper Le Dauphine Libere.
"He is a fantastic player who has his place at Real. And playing in this team is a career opportunity, which, to me, you do not refuse.
"It would be a nice opportunity for Franck. It is up to him."
Real are on the verge of signing Cristiano Ronaldo after Manchester United accepted a world record bid of £80 million for the Portuguese forward earlier this week.
Brazil playmaker Kaka has already joined from Milan for a reported fee of £59m, while Ribery is likely to cost around the same amount, if reported bids for the 26-year-old are anything to go by.
"Bringing together the best players in the world has a cost," said Zidane

Reuters

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »
This is where Owen reach 2? wow!!!
Management company produces Owen brochure

By Soccernet staff

June 14, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Michael Owen's management company have compiled a brochure on the striker in a bid to win him a move back to the Premier League.

Empics

Michael Owen: Keen to leave.

Wasserman Media Group has sent the document, which highlights the strengths of the former Liverpool man over a reported 34 pages, to a select group of top-flight clubs.

Owen has struggled with injury since joining Newcastle from Real Madrid in 2005 and has fallen out of the England frame.

The 29-year-old is out of contract this summer and, following Newcastle's relegation from the Premier League, is looking for a transfer to revive his flagging career.

Sam Rush, chief operating officer of WMG, told Sunday Mirror Sport: "As one of the world's leading sports agencies, Wasserman regularly utilise comprehensive documentation and audio-visual material to illustrate the benefits of our clients.

"Although there has been interest from abroad, Michael has told us that he would prefer to stay in the Premier League.

"In the week after the season ended, we prepared a document showing all the information an interested club would require and this was circulated to a select group.

"We also included a medical report and answers to frequently asked questions as well as a review of his commercial benefits and international name awareness."

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2009, 11:51:27 AM »
Ah wonder who Harry making space for? 

Pavlyuchenko and Bent near Tottenham exit
Soccernet.com

Tottenham Hotspur are expected to offload Roman Pavlyuchenko and Darren Bent this summer with German club VfB Stuttgart and Premier League club Sunderland the expected destinations for the unsettled strikers.

Pavlyuchenko is one of the strikers Stuttgart are considering, according to their director of sport Horst Heldt, as a replacement for Mario Gomez after the Germany forward joined Bayern Munich.

''Pavyluchenko is an interesting player and we have discussed his name internally,'' Heldt told the Stuttgarter Nachrichten newspaper.

Pavlyuchenko scored 14 goals during his rookie season in England but struggled to command a regular place, with former Spurs goalkeeper Cesar Sanchez suggesting it was ''impossible'' to communicate with him unless speaking Russian.

Bent also reached double figures in the last campaign, scoring 17 times, but is expected to be allowed to leave Spurs two years after arriving for £16.5m two years ago.

Sunderland have previously been linked with the England striker but nothing will happen while new boss Steve Bruce is away on holiday.

Jermain Defoe, who scored twice for England last week, is likely to lead the attack for boss Harry Redknapp next season.

''The way we finished the season at Spurs showed how strong the squad is and everyone is buzzing, especially when you look back at where we were at the start of last season,'' Defoe said.

''We will all come back positive in pre-season after finishing so strongly but as I said after the England game, I'm still ready to go.''
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:55:15 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5382700,00.html

Martinez already in market

"When you look at Wigan, we need another striker, that's for sure, we need a couple in midfielder and then it depends on whether Antonio Valencia goes," he added."

I think it depends on how highly Martinez rates Scotland and what other strikers are in Wigan's price range.
Scotland has a good chance of being in de Prem next season.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:55 AM »

Jorge Valdano: Real Madrid Cannot Match Barcelona’s Bid For David Villa

Players

* David Villa

Real Madrid rarely concede defeat, especially to their ferocious foes Barcelona, but the club’s director-general, Jorge Valdano, has admitted that they can’t compete with the Catalans to sign David Villa from Valencia.

The Blaugrana are reportedly set to make an official €50 million offer, €40m in cash plus Martin Caceres and Bojan Krkic (on loan), a proposal that easily outmatches Los Blancos’ €25 million plus Alvaro Negredo bid.

And Valdano, a former Valencia coach, has advised his old club to take up the deal.

“If Barca are prepared to offer €50 million, including Bojan and Caceres, for Villa, I would sell if I were Valencia, because we would not be able to arrive at that figure nor are we going to push it,” he said in an interview with Onda Cero and Radio Marca.

“We have been negotiating over the past week, but there were disagreements. It was mainly about money, but later on, there was also the issue of a including a player in the deal and that was causing an inflation.

“Everything seemed to be well on track but in the end, it all went astray.”

Two other players who have been strongly linked with a move to the Bernabeu as a fall-back plan for Villa, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Diego Forlan, also look unlikely to pull on the famous white jersey next season, as Valdano dismissed rumours that he is tracking them.

He confessed, “We have two or three different alternatives, but they are not either one of those two players.”

Midfield

Things are not looking any brighter for Valdano and Madrid on the Xabi Alonso and Franck Ribery front, as the director admitted to complications in pulling off either deal.

“[Zinedine] Zidane speaks wonders of Ribery, and there was an interest at some point,” he revealed. “But that’s a difficult issue now because they [Bayern Munich] are setting astronomical figures as they have no intentions of selling him.

“As for Xabi, his club, Liverpool, have already released an official notice and it would be very difficult to see him move to Real Madrid. We made an effort to sign him a few years ago. We spoke to Real Sociedad but when I left, the interest faded away.

“And as for David Silva… I don’t know what to do with Valencia. I have read that he is intransferable.”

Defence

The main worry now for most Madrid fans is that the club have yet to make any strides to strengthen one of their weak points last season: the back line. But Valdano assured that they are very much working on it.

He said, “We are worried about some positions, but we still have two and a half months to analyse what we need and what we already have. The coach [Manuel Pellegrini] also has a say in things.

“[Ezequiel] Garay has already been signed. He will join us for the pre-season and Pellegrini will decide whether or not he stays. He is definitely an interesting player."

Finally, Valdano justified the club’s mammoth €94m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo - which followed the €68m signing of Kaka - before he went on to hit back at Barca chief Joan Laporta.

“These signings are agreed upon because the strategy of the club takes us to them,” he remarked.

“There’s no need to ask Pellegrini, ‘What do you think of Cristiano? Does he adapt to your style?’ It goes without saying. Florentino makes the coach happy with these signings.

“All this talk from Barca about imperialism and distorting the market is just in bad taste. These are really good players and I can’t be bothered talking about the economic side of things, other than to say that it will produce an incredible effect.

“The Italian and English football market seemed impoverished, so these signings are going to be suitable for all the leagues.”
KS Leong, Goal.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2009, 10:35:43 AM »
Nuff bout dem galaticos...Glen Johnson to 'Pool.  Nice buy.  Definitely the best English right back...great pace, nice attacking presence...has really improved leaps and bounds over the last two seasons.  Been quietly watching him and saying 'Pool could do with a full back who runs the entire flank. ;)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2009, 11:01:24 AM »
Nuff bout dem galaticos...Glen Johnson to 'Pool.  Nice buy.  Definitely the best English right back...great pace, nice attacking presence...has really improved leaps and bounds over the last two seasons.  Been quietly watching him and saying 'Pool could do with a full back who runs the entire flank. ;)

Dat is ah real big pick up for them.  Considering all the speculation bout Bosingwa I was hoping we coulda snatch him oui!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2009, 08:06:49 AM »
Real question is which side could handle Ronaldo, Kaka, Villa, Higuain. Van Nistel, Robben

Unbelievable
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2009, 08:14:21 AM »
until they buy some defenders me eh taking them serious..

they had figo, ronaldo, zidane, beckham, raul and still yuh used to be seeing a helguera or pavon long face on de regular...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2009, 08:44:25 AM »
until they buy some defenders me eh taking them serious..

they had figo, ronaldo, zidane, beckham, raul and still yuh used to be seeing a helguera or pavon long face on de regular...

yuh mean Iker long face...

nobody have a permanent vex face like casillas.... i does be feeling sorry for he!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>