May 12, 2024, 12:58:48 AM

Poll

Should T&T legalized marijuana?

Yes
16 (80%)
No
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Should T&T legalized marijuana?  (Read 12664 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« on: January 12, 2014, 05:37:00 AM »

What allyuh feel go be de good and bad from this?

Everywhere starting to do it now and yuh know T&T is a follow fashion country.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should T&T legalized marijuana?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 08:48:39 AM »
Of course. Shoulda never been illegal in de first place.

It frees up police resources which can be redeployed to deal with violent crime. Stop jailing people fuh chupidness.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:13:19 AM »
I've seen it destroy its fair share of minds, but den cigarettes destroy its fair share of lungs..................and also that the people who are destroyed by it allow themselves to be destroyed by it......same as alcohol .................so I would say yeah drop d law for d very reason tallman stated above even if with a heavy heart
I pity the fool....

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:30:50 AM »
Legalise - I think it's actually safer to have it legalised, and to have the money funnelled to the Government rather than criminals. Given the great success in Europe in curbing smoking, I'm sure combined with a proper informational campaign you could manage to keep usage rates lower whilst profiting from it and putting that money to the public good.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 05:33:52 PM »
I've seen it destroy its fair share of minds, but den cigarettes destroy its fair share of lungs..................and also that the people who are destroyed by it allow themselves to be destroyed by it......same as alcohol .................so I would say yeah drop d law for d very reason tallman stated above even if with a heavy heart

Not everything is for everybody.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 05:51:39 PM »

very true
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 06:57:50 PM »

True dat. But it is a gateway drug!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 06:58:31 PM »

heavy heart is true.!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 07:21:47 PM »

heavy heart is true.!!!!

Why the heavy heart? It's just a plant.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 07:31:23 PM »

...as is Coca, Poppy and Peyote.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 07:43:39 PM »

...as is Coca, Poppy and Peyote.

Exactly.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 07:52:25 PM »
Legalise - I think it's actually safer to have it legalised, and to have the money funnelled to the Government rather than criminals. Given the great success in Europe in curbing smoking, I'm sure combined with a proper informational campaign you could manage to keep usage rates lower whilst profiting from it and putting that money to the public good.

Not sure I would wish for government to become embroiled post-legalization. Not a supporter of government becoming either a market participant or a fervent regulator.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
Of course. Shoulda never been illegal in de first place.

It frees up police resources which can be redeployed to deal with violent crime. Stop jailing people fuh chupidness.

Agreed.  We've been plodding along this resource nightmare for way too long. Beyond the police, beyond courts ... it's been a star-studded nightmare for a micro-state.

We should have been getting ahead of the curve and figuring out ways in which to benefit from a legalization policy.

Perhaps that was too much to ask of a post-colonial state/society in the early period ... but not so unreasonable from the 1990s.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:08:40 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 08:19:56 PM »

Catchy phrase ... 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 08:59:31 PM »

How so? Yuh sure is not alcohol, cigarettes, or caffeine?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »

heavy heart is true.!!!!

I knew some of the minds personally, wasn't a nice sight............especially when they escalated .........a small occasional spiff is one ting....an impressionable person knockin back ah 'post' several times ah day someting else....some ketch deyself an' come back... other ent so lucky who gone clear who escalate further den gone clear

weed like alcohol like cigarette come open a door the a very dark place.......not all does go dong dah road....but d road does appear regardless
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 09:42:35 PM »

Catchy phrase ... 

yes it catchy alright!!!! go ahead knock yourelf out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:06 PM »

How so? Yuh sure is not alcohol, cigarettes, or caffeine?

Like you said, not everything is for everybody.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 12:30:27 AM »

Catchy phrase ... 

yes it catchy alright!!!! go ahead knock yourelf out.

... and that's precisely it. Legalization doesn't mean that ppl who don't partake will rush to partake. Alcohol is on shelves, not everyone drinks. Cigarettes on stands, not everyone smokes. Right now you have ppl standing in legal medical marijuana queues ducking the cameras. Herb becomes legal, not everyone will go that route.

Decriminalization will go a long way  ... perhaps not the perfect solution, but perhaps better than the present model.

Anyway, we'll probably be importing it legally from Colorado before long ... to add to the already distorted import-export equation. Or, they'll farm out consultants for which the local government of the day will pay exorbitant sums to learn how to run medical marijuana protocols. Maybe, the ganja farmer will become priced out under cost inefficiencies related to the latest prevailing economic protocols ... net benefit to Caribbean economies ... zilch.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:39:35 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 04:20:32 AM »
Trinidad could easily grow Ganja itself and turn it into a profitable export...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 03:36:46 PM »
We can't plant enough food but we surely can plant enough ganga to stem our hunger.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 04:29:22 PM »
We can't plant enough food but we surely can plant enough ganga to stem our hunger.

We can certainly plant a lot more food, but that's a function of our agricultural infrastructure.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 05:20:28 PM »
Well we can grow food on the parts of Guyana we're buying :p

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 07:05:45 PM »
Well we can grow food on the parts of Guyana we're buying :p

Since when Guyana is part of TT? Who say we buying part of Guyana.  Or You mean Kamla buying part of Guyana?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 08:20:52 PM »
Not in favor of legalization

But i am open to making it a non criminal offense or converting it to a ticket able offense or a misdemeanor with a fine for possession of small amounts.

Could have a similar effect of reducing the judicial cycles
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »
Not in favor of legalization

But i am open to making it a non criminal offense or converting it to a ticket able offense or a misdemeanor with a fine for possession of small amounts.

Could have a similar effect of reducing the judicial cycles

Well, Bro as much as I have my doubts, I see it probably will be legal in the next couple of years. The US is slowly easing up on it. Then, so goes the other countries in this hemisphere. Funny thing is, many people in the US used to ridicule the Dutch for the same thing Colorado and Washington are currently doing.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 08:10:33 AM »

There seems to be medical support for this ... thing is, of course, there's only one way to test the assertion. Yet, a similar slippery slope already applies to alcohol etc.

Raises the question: should public policy be made on the basis of the highest common factor or on the basis of the least common denominator?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 11:11:06 AM »
I certainly do not doubt the medical benefits of mj. I definitely has a calming (soothing effect if you may). I have been told by some of my medical friends that it by and large a sedative. But the way some people uses it makes one wonder. If you have to smoke something everyday, then you have issues. Just like a man must have a stiff drink everyday. It eventually leads to dependency and a next set of issues.   

I want to know if allyuh will fly in a plane if they make it legal for pilots to take ah smoke?                 

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »
I certainly do not doubt the medical benefits of mj. I definitely has a calming (soothing effect if you may). I have been told by some of my medical friends that it by and large a sedative. But the way some people uses it makes one wonder. If you have to smoke something everyday, then you have issues. Just like a man must have a stiff drink everyday. It eventually leads to dependency and a next set of issues.   

I want to know if allyuh will fly in a plane if they make it legal for pilots to take ah smoke?                 

Pilots aren't allowed to fly under the influence of any drug, so it's not a question really

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 01:29:48 PM »

But ganja makes you hungrier.  We need to plant even more crops.

1]; } ?>