May 02, 2024, 09:13:24 PM

Author Topic: the World Cup goes home to Brazil :-)  (Read 6756 times)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
the World Cup goes home to Brazil :-)
« on: October 30, 2007, 11:19:29 AM »
http://fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/news/newsid=625447.html#brazil+germany+host+events

Gentlemen start plannin your vacation and get your shots! ;D
This is a nice situation for Tnt....fixup the stadiums...be a stop orf point fuh dem sides going to Brazil....while we host some warmup games....ENT! leh we see how the powers dat be THEN, treat dis.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:22:52 AM by Tongue »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: the World Cup goes home to Brazil :-)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:01:46 PM »
Would be nice to take we Carnival down to Brazil and show dem our flavor.  Ah know real men will make dat trip, qualify or not. ;D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 02:29:47 PM »
We will have to bring back BWEE to fly the amount ah ppl going down. On a bright note finally we will have the best players in the world..........about 18 yeras after the WC. :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 02:44:21 PM »
As a Brazil fan..I really looking forward to seeing this. It will be madness in the stadiums. Looks like Brazil have their work cut out for them tho'. From this read..it will be even more pressure than South Africa..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tim_vickery/10/30/brazil.bid/index.html

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »
As a Brazil fan..I really looking forward to seeing this. It will be madness in the stadiums. Looks like Brazil have their work cut out for them tho'. From this read..it will be even more pressure than South Africa..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tim_vickery/10/30/brazil.bid/index.html

Yep. The CBF notorious for poor organization and all the stadia are old.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 09:39:11 PM »
definetly going to this world cup. ive been trying to learn some portugese so i should be good to go by then  :)
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 10:24:38 PM »
I going always wanted to go to brazil carnival nowthats a chance to get two for one

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »
Forget football ah goin' RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 12:06:13 AM »
lovely
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 02:54:50 AM »
http://fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/news/newsid=625447.html#brazil+germany+host+events

This is a nice situation for Tnt....fixup the stadiums...be a stop orf point fuh dem sides going to Brazil....while we host some warmup games....ENT! leh we see how the powers dat be THEN, treat dis.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is 'home' about Brazil for the World Cup ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 04:41:56 AM »
Everybody say they going,but that's six years away,yuh know how much could happen in six years,look pray yuh in good health and ask god to keep yuh safe and financially secure,leave brazil alone,if it come it come dais all............   

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 07:32:11 AM »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 08:11:19 AM »

Tongue doh hold yuh self responsible if ah certain man on the board, jump off ah bridge when he see dem pics eh.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 08:33:39 AM »

For a country that has such a unique and rich World Cup history...I can see why many would see Brazil as some kind of spiritual home of the WC. The only nation to actually play in every world cup and the only one that got to actually keep a trophy - Jules Rimet trophy resides in Brazil - so Brazil is literally home for one WC trophy. Most WC winner's medals too. Think about it..if Brazil fails to qualify for a WC, it will be more 'shocking' than if any other country is absent..even if Brazil is not the best team in the world at the time. Brazil's presence has become something of a WC tradition...so, I could see why some would paint that kind of metaphor
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 08:35:13 AM by Filho »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 08:42:04 AM »

For a country that has such a unique and rich World Cup history...I can see why many would see Brazil as some kind of spiritual home of the WC. The only nation to actually play in every world cup and the only one that got to actually keep a trophy - Jules Rimet trophy resides in Brazil - so Brazil is literally home for one WC trophy. Most WC winner's medals too. Think about it..if Brazil fails to qualify for a WC, it will be more 'shocking' than if any other country is absent..even if Brazil is not the best team in the world at the time. Brazil's presence has become something of a WC tradition...so, I could see why some would paint that kind of metaphor

oh gorm man Filho...u self... ;D ;D :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »

It eh outta no damn curiosity.  Doh try dat Midknight.  Is pure commess knighty lookin for.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 01:04:21 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 11:46:13 AM »
This would definitely NOT be the WC they want not to qualify for ... imagine them not playing at a WC they hosting ... yeah, allyuh right ... ah cyah imagine dat ...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »
The only nation to actually play in every world cup and the only one that got to actually keep a trophy - Jules Rimet trophy resides in Brazil - so Brazil is literally home for one WC trophy.

Well, it did reside in Brazil. Until it got stolen, anyway.

See what happens when you entrust the Brazilians with something important?  ;D

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »
I hope they can fix all the problems like electricity and logistics before the World Cup. The Pan Am games a couple of months ago was a nightmare.

This must have been some side deal worked out. I thought that the World Cup would have gone back to Europe. You cannot have the World Cup played outside it's major market for that long. The next time it goes back to Europe is at least 2018.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 01:05:36 PM »
This would definitely NOT be the WC they want not to qualify for ... imagine them not playing at a WC they hosting ... yeah, allyuh right ... ah cyah imagine dat ...

Doesn't the host country automatically qualify for the World Cup?

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 01:24:03 PM »
Violence casts shadow over Brazil's 2014 World Cup

Brazil, picked to stage the 2014 World Cup, is playing down the criminal violence that stalks its cities but the problem is sure to cast a shadow over preparations for the event.

According to the Organization of Ibero-American States, Brazil has the world's fourth-highest murder rate with about 45,000 people killed each year, following Colombia, Russia and Venezuela.

Some cities, like Recife in the northeast, a possible World Cup venue, have homicide rates of around 80 per 100,000 people -- twice as high as the most violent cities in the United States.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 02:02:12 PM »
It's about time!  What take FIFA so long!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 03:15:09 PM »

Doesn't the host country automatically qualify for the World Cup?

For 2 seconds dey ah thought asylumseeker was right den ah realise ah getting de "Holder of de title" and "de host" mixed up....

As for Brazil being de home ah football.....when ah read de title ah de thread ah say....but wait nah is  England is de "Home"......just goes to show de power Brazil has.....

Think bout it....a WC with no UK vs. a WC with no Brazil......

hmmmmm.......England.....Brazil.....England.....Brazil.....boy we sure would miss dem English.... ::)

p.s. somebody just check on Sando dey.... :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »

It eh outta no damn curiosity.  Doh try dat Midknight.  Is pure commess knighty lookin for.  ;D

Nah, I not into commess, but I simply don't agree. I'm a big Brazil fan and I don't like the English, but the word 'home' is a big one to use for Brazil.
As far as I see it, only 3 countries could hope topretend to that title

England (as far as the birthplace of the game - or at least until someone seriously disputes this)
France (as far as the Organisational initiator of the original World Cup)
Uruguay (as far as being the original host country and winner to boot)

I'm not going to bring up Brazil palmares because I doh wan't Sando to dehydrate fro vomiting, but for me using that is the equivalent of saying the US is home to the Olympics because they traditionally get the most medals of all the competitors
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 03:50:30 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 03:50:20 PM »
Violence casts shadow over Brazil's 2014 World Cup

Brazil, picked to stage the 2014 World Cup, is playing down the criminal violence that stalks its cities but the problem is sure to cast a shadow over preparations for the event.

According to the Organization of Ibero-American States, Brazil has the world's fourth-highest murder rate with about 45,000 people killed each year, following Colombia, Russia and Venezuela.

Some cities, like Recife in the northeast, a possible World Cup venue, have homicide rates of around 80 per 100,000 people -- twice as high as the most violent cities in the United States.

(continue)

doh look for trouble an youll be fine. i hear they have a curfew. after a certain time de place look like a ghost town. so i guess no fetein late nights fuh allyuh. theres so much ting that going on down dey.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 04:00:04 PM »
Nah, I not into commess, but I simply don't agree. I'm a big Brazil fan and I don't like the English, but the word 'home' is a big one to use for Brazil.

England (as far as the birthplace of the game - or at least until someone seriously disputes this)

I'm not going to bring up Brazil palmares because I doh wan't Sando to dehydrate fro vomiting, but for me using that is the equivalent of saying the US is home to the Olympics because they traditionally get the most medals of all the competitors

U is one a de posters dat does routinely post sense on dis site.

Ah guess dis post jes goes to show everybody entitle to a off day. 

France?  Uruguay?  Before Brazil?  WAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Brazil is the spiritual home of football bro.  It is the home of joga bonito.  The way the game was MEANT to be played.  Brazil captures the essence of football like no other nation.

It is why the best players in the game routinely come from that country.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 04:05:06 PM »

U is one a de posters dat does routinely post sense on dis site.

Ah guess dis post jes goes to show everybody entitle to a off day. 

If it make it easier to understand, go ahead and call it that.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »

Tongue doh hold yuh self responsible if ah certain man on the board, jump off ah bridge when he see dem pics eh.

orange juzzy done buy. is MAS in maracana when the Oranje ress ah cutass on a certain home team in the final.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 04:17:47 PM »

orange juzzy done buy. is MAS in maracana when the Oranje ress ah cutass on a certain home team in the final.

Dem have to QUALIFY fuss... ;D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 04:34:03 PM »

Dem have to QUALIFY fuss... ;D

small thing.

1]; } ?>