May 14, 2024, 02:22:49 AM

Author Topic: Tobago United sign 5 players.  (Read 2394 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Tobago United sign 5 players.
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:46:09 PM »
Tobago United sign 5 players.
(Tobago News).

Tobago United's preparations for their assault on the Trinidad and Tobago Professional Football League, League Championship title are well on course as the League opening draws near. Competition is schedule to kickoff on Saturday April 8 at venues throughout Trinidad and Tobago. Head coach Peter Granville told the Tobago News that they have signed five new players and they are still looking at two more.
Among the players signed are two Nigerians who are on loan from the Nigerian Football Academy. They are P.J Quandri, a defender and Tucks Amini, a striker. The three others are Tobagonians, Handell Manswell and Dale Simon, both midfielders and both of whom are season campaigners in the Pro League, having played with Fire Services and then with the merged Caledonia AIA Fire for the last five years.
They will certainly bring a wealth of experience to the team. The final player, Kwame Wiltshire, a former under 20 player with the club was attached to MetroStars in the United States Pro League and recently had a tryout with Ukrainian club Dynamo Kiev in Turkey. The quintet of players should significantly boost the standard of play in the team, as one of their goals will be to avoid being in relegation trouble, having dodged the bullet two years straight. The team's training has been reduced from six days to four days a week as they wind up their preparations.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 06:32:44 AM by Flex »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago United sign 5 players
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:50:07 PM »
all this from their open trials??

this is whre wiltshire end up??? dynamo kiev to tobago united

in the words of d greatest best link

AH LOVE IT
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 11:31:34 PM »
Well it look like they making positive moves.....cyah fault dem fuh dat.

Wiltshire go be dey franchise player....

Good Luck to the team.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 12:22:47 AM »
all this from their open trials??

this is whre wiltshire end up??? dynamo kiev to tobago united

in the words of d greatest best link

AH LOVE IT

Kwame is what i would refer to as a "thirsty" player. He would do whatever it takes to play professionally. He is a quality player. He would/could have signed with Dynamo Kiev but had work permit problems (as much of our players face). Therefore, he had told me that he was going to return home if things did not work out. This is the reason why i keep asking Lincoln to give as much players exposure as possible. Therefore, they can most likely over come this work permit issue. The more players we have playing professional, the better it is for our country's national team.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 01:14:42 AM »
They will certainly bring a wealth of experience to the team. The final player, Kwami Wiltshire, a former under 20 player with the club was attached to Metro Stars in the United States Pro League and recently had a tryout with a Turkish club in Turkey.

Lol, who was this journalist? lol. Did they expect it to be a Turkish club from Spain? Or a Turkish club in Germany?

well yes, this is ting!!

ah love it!!.....thx for the story kingman!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 02:43:38 AM »
They will certainly bring a wealth of experience to the team. The final player, Kwami Wiltshire, a former under 20 player with the club was attached to Metro Stars in the United States Pro League and recently had a tryout with a Turkish club in Turkey.

Lol, who was this journalist? lol. Did they expect it to be a Turkish club from Spain? Or a Turkish club in Germany?

well yes, this is ting!!

well there are greek clubs in austrailia.. lol..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 07:05:40 AM »

well yes, this is ting!!

arsenal is ah club from england but they not english oui ( ah jus trying to help out the journalist he probably find it had a nice ring to it Turkish club in Turkey.   lol

but that seems as good signings manswwell definitely has the goods mayb the team might b a bit mor competitive this yr
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 07:17:26 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago United sign 5 players.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 07:15:34 AM »
I like this though, nobody trying to get relegated this year, teams will start building a more quality squad to compete. TU not trying to get licks whole season again like in d previous years cause dey know dis rounds is Super League next season if dey go with dat kinda nonsense again. Dis will bode well for the overall quality of the league
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Mallo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 03:29:10 PM »
Why is this team called "Tobago United", when this is clearly not even close to being a true representation of Tobago's football ?
While the intention of Peter Granville and Co. might be good, if he is to be looked at as the patriotic individual that I once knew, he could do Tobago a great service by renaming his team.
Peter you know as well as I do that the team does not represent the top flight of Tobago footballers, so, let us all try to get on the same page, stop all the "pulling and tugging" in that lovely island of ours, and try to get the football right in Tobago.
Once again I congratulate you on your good intention of trying to help the youths, but as your breds, I am asking you to (a) try to meet a happy median with the fellow coaches on the island so that we could field a true representative team,or (b) Do your proud Tobagonians a service and consider changing the name of your team.
Respect! Keep on keeping on, but, in a way that will make all Tobagonians proud.
"BEST OF LUCK" in the up coming season.

Mallo.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 04:16:49 PM »
where are tobago united players from??

why boys from tobago dont wanna make tobago proud??

isnt football big in d sister isle dont men wanna be pro

do u think malick united or morvant united or laventille united wud hav los games continously b4 sum one decide dat we aint takin dat so??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 06:50:30 PM »
tobago utd is not a true representative of the footballers on the island poor handling of playas in the inception wrt to money and the coach trying to thief playas away from their clubs leaves some bad vibes flowing but as i said b4 tobago utd wouldnt finish in the top 3 of the tobago league even after the 'star' playas have been pulled in2 the super league
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 08:08:45 PM »
Why is this team called "Tobago United", when this is clearly not even close to being a true representation of Tobago's football ?
While the intention of Peter Granville and Co. might be good, if he is to be looked at as the patriotic individual that I once knew, he could do Tobago a great service by renaming his team.
Peter you know as well as I do that the team does not represent the top flight of Tobago footballers, so, let us all try to get on the same page, stop all the "pulling and tugging" in that lovely island of ours, and try to get the football right in Tobago.
Once again I congratulate you on your good intention of trying to help the youths, but as your breds, I am asking you to (a) try to meet a happy median with the fellow coaches on the island so that we could field a true representative team,or (b) Do your proud Tobagonians a service and consider changing the name of your team.
Respect! Keep on keeping on, but, in a way that will make all Tobagonians proud.
"BEST OF LUCK" in the up coming season.

Mallo.
Are  Manchester United players from Manchester?  Are West Ham United players from West Ham?  Come on guys, do you have to be so hypercritical?  Steeeeups!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 06:14:33 AM »
looks like tobago utd need more than 5 new players,...they need a lot of luck too

they just lost the first match of the season at home.

maybe they can build a team around this wiltshire guy.i dont know why he went to tobago in the first place as a first choice unless he is looking to kill off his career.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 11:25:14 AM »
So why the man going to Tobago is trying to kill off his career. Is only 14 men could make the pitch every game. All the good players cyah go the same team. Established players will play and new players will bench. If a man play hard for a club last season and they bring in a man and bench the other one time. What you think that will do for club player relations? I hope this makes them more competitive and they beat side. That is helping the overall quality of the league.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>