May 22, 2024, 03:58:22 AM

Author Topic: How many would love to see Latapy one more time for T&T ?  (Read 3588 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How many would love to see Latapy one more time for T&T ?
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:58:43 AM »
Boy every time I read about Latapy this season I keep wondering if de man not just getting better. I wonder how many people would love to see him again in a T&T shirt ...not for de long haul but just to motivate the youth in T&T to believe that they could achieve world class excellence ?
I just cant get over that 24 mins ...... I fel lke I still missing something ...that man kyah go out just so ......
mabe Sabga, and Dupres and jack and dem fellas could arrange ah fitting testimony to the greatest player to wear a T&T shirt...then  we could invite some ah dem  dem fellas he played with in Portugal, Scotland, T&T, jamaica etc. to be guest players ...
in England dey does give you ah benefit game after 10 years  ...Latas serve T&T for more than twice dat ....
Maximus and dem could compose something for de occasion etc...
Come on T&T ..just so we go let Latas go ??? We shoulnt treat ah hero so ..no no no...we shouldn't treat we Latas so !

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: How many would love to see Latapy one more time for T&T ?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 09:03:58 AM »
no one has "let him go". At last news he's still eligible to play for TNT and hasn't retired. That said, WHEN he does, a testimonial match would be a good idea

Now I want to see how many men would say the same thing if was Stern we was talking about  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:06:47 AM »
no one has "let him go". At last news he's still eligible to play for TNT and hasn't retired. That said, WHEN he does, a testimonial match would be a good idea

Now I want to see how many men would say the same thing if was Stern we was talking about  ::)

I was hoping Stern would be a big part of dat !!! heroes are heroes man ..... i fuh celebrating our outstanding achievers ...who else going to do it ??

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:08:27 AM »
Latapy might get the last laugh one day as manager of T&T.

But a testimonial is a good idea when he retires from playing international football.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 09:12:27 AM »
I hate to think of a TNT team without Latas but with no apparent replacement on the near horizon I welcome him anytime he feels he wants to represent.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 09:14:25 AM »
Latas more than deserves a testimonial

I guarantee that Falkirk will offer one when he retires from club football. In which case they may organize a Falkirk vs. a Latapy select game in Scotland.

It is important that the TTFF offer him a testimonial in T&T. Maybe a Strike Squad vs. Soca Warriors friendly

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 09:16:55 AM »

It is important that the TTFF offer him a testimonial in T&T. Maybe a Strike Squad vs. Soca Warriors friendly

:thinking: ah wonder who he go play for?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 09:19:31 AM »

I was hoping Stern would be a big part of dat !!! heroes are heroes man ..... i fuh celebrating our outstanding achievers ...who else going to do it ??

Fair enough. We could have one big gala testimonial for Shaka, Russell, Stern, Dwight, Rougier, Dog, Hardest ;D, invite some retired Porto, Man U, Rangers, Newcastle/West Ham, etc players. Before the match the Carib girls and the digi girls could square off to make it a double header  ;D and the TTFF could charge 1000 dollars a seat...

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Darkromeo

• New Warrior
  • Tru Tru warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 09:40:21 AM »

Fair enough. We could have one big gala testimonial for Shaka, Russell, Stern, Dwight, Rougier, Dog, Hardest ;D, invite some retired Porto, Man U, Rangers, Newcastle/West Ham, etc players. Before the match the Carib girls and the digi girls could square off to make it a double header  ;D and the TTFF could charge 1000 dollars a seat...

I want to go dat match but ah grand dread nahhhhhhh hmmm i wonder it d TTFF go give meh ah ticket on hier purchase boy  ???       :rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 10:36:50 AM »
A testimonial is definitely in order.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 10:37:32 AM »
I hope enough men with contacts could suggest this testimonial to the powers that be  ..I want to see latas while he still sparking !!
Man paying good money to see him every week still ...an de man shining !
I also dont mind seeing mounho on local shores...might be able to tempt some WC stars for the testimonial for a great servant of T&T.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 11:37:59 AM »
From the first time I saw Latapy as a national U-12 player with Yorke , Lara, and meh baby brother  ;) -  it was clear that de kid would turned out to be something special. A testimonial match with Yorke and Lara on the team would be a special event. This man has given us over 26 quality years of national service, and is a footballing hero to me.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 11:52:41 AM »
You asking answers man...you doh know how I felt when I saw latas came on for that 24 mins in germany nah..the whole vibes was different..I am sure a testimonial is in store for him.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 12:47:28 PM »
testamonial would be alright but i would rather see latas play in a meaningful game. i hope falkirk does well this season.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »
didn't latapy already have his testemonial for TnT last for tnt last game before the world cup. when he did a lap of honor and all that stuff.

i thought the game was billed as the last time to see Latapy on home soil?

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »
didn't latapy already have his testemonial for TnT last for tnt last game before the world cup. when he did a lap of honor and all that stuff.

i thought the game was billed as the last time to see Latapy on home soil?

yeah it was billed as that and just that. Nothing more. A testimonial for Latas is definitely overdue.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 06:42:08 PM »
class is enduring.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 08:17:24 PM »
ME
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 08:35:58 PM »
All good things must come to an end but I will confess I yearn for another latapy,maybe not in my lifetime.

He's still playing and capturing the hearts of many around the world,so I'm enjoying his presence while it last and hope when it's all over he has a great life after such an illustrious career.     

1]; } ?>