May 13, 2024, 04:02:47 PM

Author Topic: Keon Daniel vs Jonas Guitierez (newcastle)  (Read 2525 times)

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Keon Daniel vs Jonas Guitierez (newcastle)
« on: December 11, 2008, 09:24:12 AM »
This player looks and plays very much like Keon Daniel. Same strengths, same weakenesses. Am i alone in thinking this ?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keon Daniel vs Jonas Guitierez (newcastle)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:52:07 AM »
They're both lanky and left footed...that's about it.

Gutierrez plays at a high tempo going forward and also puts in a good shift getting back....Keon Daniel stops the ball in possession and slows up the play alot.  Daniel is not (yet) the high intensity type of player that JG is....

Daniel has a good shot, and can execute some neat "small goal" type moves in tight spaces.  With some more confidence, experience and development of unused potential, I can see Daniel possibly becoming somewhat of a Charles N'Zogbia type player (smooth execution, soft touch player with good technique...that's if Daniel continues to play out wide)...

JG is more a swashbuckling high impact player to me.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:39:32 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:53:45 AM »
Yup I think you are. Jonas tracks back and he runs more with the ball. Daniel is a stop and beat type of person. Jonas is definitely more of a winger while daniel just has a left foot but is more of Central midfield creative type player, who get stick on the wing. Daniel is more like N'Zogbia than like Jonas.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:05:50 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:04:04 AM »
one is a winger
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 11:03:59 AM »
Two very different styles.

But under all de old talk..allyuh have to watch how a killa like Eder from Brazil used to move. I eh go lie...allyuh go laugh at me for comparing Daniel to Eder, but them men had very similar attributes. Eder was the atypical winger...no setta speed..didn't beat men to the byline..didn't cross no ball. But nuff closs control, good dribbling, and a wicked left foot and took some deadly free kicks. Don't think the ball ever touch his right foot yet. Only thing is Eder was a better passer and was seen more as a forward than a midfielder. Different class of player at the end of the day..but you'd swear Daniel trying to imitatate the Brazilian legend..

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 01:17:49 PM by Filho »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 06:27:10 PM »
i was honestly looking for some kinna video clip yes..
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 05:30:53 AM »

Gutierrez plays at a high tempo going forward and also puts in a good shift getting back....Keon Daniel stops the ball in possession and slows up the play alot.  Daniel is not (yet) the high intensity type of player that JG is....

Daniel has a good shot, and can execute some neat "small goal" type moves in tight spaces.  With some more confidence, experience and development of unused potential, I can see Daniel possibly becoming somewhat of a Charles N'Zogbia type player (smooth execution, soft touch player with good technique...that's if Daniel continues to play out wide)...

Spot on Kicker, spot on!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 08:45:49 AM »

Spot on Kicker, spot on!!

great observation
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 11:56:27 AM »

But under all de old talk..allyuh have to watch how a killa like Eder from Brazil used to move. I eh go lie...allyuh go laugh at me for comparing Daniel to Eder, but them men had very similar attributes. Eder was the atypical winger...no setta speed..didn't beat men to the byline..didn't cross no ball. But nuff closs control, good dribbling, and a wicked left foot and took some deadly free kicks. Don't think the ball ever touch his right foot yet. Only thing is Eder was a better passer and was seen more as a forward than a midfielder. Different class of player at the end of the day..but you'd swear Daniel trying to imitatate the Brazilian legend..

,,,except Eder was an outside of the foot kicker unlike Daniel who is ah inside of the foot leftie. Eder was also willing to take on players , dont sell him short by his not getting to the by line often. Since he kicked the ball with the outside of the left foot he did not have to hit the line as his cross did not come back but went forward.. We have had few playes who were outside of the foot lefties ...keston Nancoo comes to mind. Many of our lefties use the inside of the foot.
on de international scene robert carlos is the obvious first name you would call ..these players are very rare and special. Keon eh dat yet.
If you recall how he scored against Cuba ..he came in from the left  ran around the ball to hit it with the inside of his left foot ..Eder would have not had to do that but just continue naturally with his outside of the left foot shot.
daniel is silky smooth ,, still unsure of himself, but good potential ...he eh hiwever the same type as Eder.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 12:39:35 PM »

,,,except Eder was an outside of the foot kicker unlike Daniel who is ah inside of the foot leftie. Eder was also willing to take on players , dont sell him short by his not getting to the by line often. Since he kicked the ball with the outside of the left foot he did not have to hit the line as his cross did not come back but went forward.. We have had few playes who were outside of the foot lefties ...keston Nancoo comes to mind. Many of our lefties use the inside of the foot.
on de international scene robert carlos is the obvious first name you would call ..these players are very rare and special. Keon eh dat yet.
If you recall how he scored against Cuba ..he came in from the left  ran around the ball to hit it with the inside of his left foot ..Eder would have not had to do that but just continue naturally with his outside of the left foot shot.
daniel is silky smooth ,, still unsure of himself, but good potential ...he eh hiwever the same type as Eder.

thanks for the insight. knowledge of Eder is limited to Wc 82 videos. But still, by no means saying they are the same player, or even in the same class, as I wrote. But I still see some similiarities.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 02:29:11 PM »
Eder boy Filho! I hope not because that man was a real troubled soul (always in trouble). He had more clubs than Tiger Woods.

Eder's pace was deceptive really because he was technically very sound. He played both striker and wide and I agree he was not traditional. However, it was a different era & wide players did not necessarily play a supporting role when the ball was lost.

Daniel for me should not be out wide, that is just my thought. I think if he is given a role to support the striker & link the midfield with the forward & wide players he will be more effective.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »
At times Daniel shows that he could take on players and play a more traditional winger role. I thought he did in the England game especially. It doesn't seem to come natural to him though.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 04:01:10 PM »
Daniel for me should not be out wide, that is just my thought. I think if he is given a role to support the striker & link the midfield with the forward & wide players he will be more effective.

BINGO!

Tek fuss, second AND third!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 08:20:49 PM »

BINGO!

Tek fuss, second AND third!

i agree wid dat ...I still doh know why he is favoured as a winger when he clearly does not like the role. In the cuba game he was quite willing to post up for edwards to do the attacking down the flank...but I eh seeing him in practice so i kyah fight down de selectors.

1]; } ?>