May 11, 2024, 03:00:27 PM

Author Topic: Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"  (Read 34941 times)

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"
« on: September 12, 2008, 03:44:45 AM »
Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"
By Graeme Anderson (Sunderland Echo).

Roy Keane today labelled Fifa vice-president Jack Warner a "clown".
The Sunderland manager today hit back at criticism from Warner about the club's treatment of Dwight Yorke.

Yorke was recalled home after playing one of Trinidad & Tobago's two World Cup qualifiers during the international break and Warner accused the Black Cats' boss of having a "mean streak.

Keane – who was happy for Yorke to face Guatemala last week but insisted he miss Wednesday's loss to the USA – reacted angrily to the criticism.

He told the Echo: "I spoke to Jack Warner about the situation but I'm not surprised at what has been said by him.

"The man is a clown.

"I think he's a disgrace to go through the media the way he has."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:53:24 AM by Flex »
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Roy Keane - "Warner's a clown"
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:49:31 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

AND a VERY powerful Football clown at that ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:51:04 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:59:15 AM »
Silly season ... and Keane's what ... a jester?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 04:02:21 AM »
Silly season ... and Keane's what ... a jester?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcpFXOsrY8
I doh think at times that he plays with all de cleats on he boots eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 04:39:49 AM »
This from BBC.  Look like Dwight have some explaining to do today, if this is to be believed.

Keane brands Fifa rep 'a clown'

Keane reacted furiously to Warner's public outburst over Yorke
Sunderland boss Roy Keane has branded Fifa vice-president Jack Warner "a clown" and a "disgrace" in a furious war of words over striker Dwight Yorke.

Trinidad and Tobaga star Yorke was set to face the United States in midweek but was allegedly withdrawn by Keane.

Warner, a Trinidad Football Association adviser, said Keane had shown "a callous disregard for small countries".

But Keane retorted: "Yorke is retired. I've told Jack what I think of him and where to go. He's a clown, a disgrace."

Yorke, who played in the 1-1 draw with Guatemala at the weekend, was quoted in the Trinidad Express newspaper before he missed the 3-0 defeat by the US as saying that he was "feeling caught between a rock and a hard place with my club and my country".

The situation prompted Warner to send an open letter to the media, in which he said Keane's actions "will not endear you or Sunderland to such countries". He continued: "Your insensitivity and disrespect for countries such as Trinidad and Tobago are hereby noted."

However, Keane, speaking ahead of the Black Cats' Premier League match against Wigan on Saturday, stated: "Yorke has played one reserve game for us since busting a cheek recently.

"The agreement I had with the player was that he was not up to match fitness or speed and therefore wouldn't play in the match. He's 36 - he can't play two matches in a week.

"I love it when my players represent their countries at the highest level - I'm not like other managers in the Premier League and play silly games - but he's not fit and he says he's retired from international football anyway.

"Obviously, My Warner is making all these threats and a lot of them through the media but he doesn't really care about these players - he makes out he does but he doesn't.

"It's ridiculous. I'll be writing a letter back to Jack but - unlike him - I won't be giving it to the media. Basically, if he's the vice-president of Fifa, God help us all."

And the former Republic of Ireland and Manchester United midfielder warned that the player could face a reprimand too, saying: "Yorke has got to look at himself as well, mind.

"He's told me he's retired from international football about five times and then I switch on the TV and he's running about with the squad. I don't know if it's an ego trip or whether he likes the odd cameo.

"But I do know, for example, that we wouldn't have offered him a one-year deal this season if he'd said he was going to be playing for Trinidad. I'll be speaking to him today."

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 04:48:33 AM »
Keane revealed:  "He wrote me a letter last week about Dwight Yorke, who has officially retired I think about five times, and he hasn't played for me because of an injury picked up in Portugal," the Irishman told Sky Sports News.

"I spoke to Jack Warner on Wednesday and told him what I thought about him and where he should go. The man's a clown.

"He's making out he's worried about his international players, but as I say Yorkie's not been match fit for me for a month or two and he expects him to go and play two games.

"This man who claims to be representing the players, he sent me a letter under Fifa, and if he's supposed to be representing Trinidad, he's obviously more interested in power and making a name for himself, but he's a clown."

The 36-year-old, Yorke came out of international retirement to make a cameo appearance in the friendly against England in June.  He has since had a re-think, but having been handed another year's contract at the Stadium of Light he had promised the club he would only play for his country if it did not interfere with his domestic commitments.

Keane could be still smarting from Jones' injury.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:44:18 AM by BlackCat »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 05:09:02 AM »
After reading this, if Dwight is getting regular playing time for Sunderland I don't see him coming back again unless we make the Hex next year.
Hopefully whitely recovers soon because he's the only one who could bring that same kind of experience and confidence to our central midfield.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 05:21:54 AM »
While I agree that Jack is a clown, who the hell does Keane think he is?

He obviously think he is dealing with people from a Banana Republic. What a disgrace!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 05:38:05 AM »
ah know keane is ah kind of an ass eh, but ah rel like how he call him ah clown :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

seriously though, though me eh taking keane side, i stop for a second and look at it from keane's perspective, and i could understand why he would say what he say, and i think de only reason he say dat was cause ah the media letter...if it isn't one thing (wid we football) is the next, what next?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 05:39:29 AM »
While I agree that Jack is a clown, who the hell does Keane think he is?

He obviously think he is dealing with people from a Banana Republic. What a disgrace!!!

Well you either think he is a clown or not,  Keane obviously thinks he is and said so, wish I could of been listening in to the telephone call though on Wednesday.

Keane is not having a dig at T&T he is having a dig at Warner.  

Its all in his prematch press conference, which was always going to happen as the club refused to comment the other day. As I mentioned previously the FIFA letterhead upset the club, Keane also mentions money owed to the T&T players etc.  If the prematch conference comes up anywhere as usual I will put a link up.  

Keane says what he thinks, it will not be the first or last time, if he is asked the question he usually gives an answer and its usually what he has in his mind and its usually his honest opinion.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 05:39:48 AM »
What in the dark does always come to light,i hope peeps are clear on RK's decisions and his reasons for making them,JW/Yorke knows they can't win this one,this is not about small country big country,it's about principle,it's a true professional they dealing with,this situation is nothing new to him and he knows he is right.  

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 05:47:07 AM »
heres the link to the CLOWN BIT in the press conference video

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/7609778.stm
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:49:37 AM by kev »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 05:58:55 AM »
If Dwight's deal was agreed to on the condition that he's retired from international ball, then the real villain in all of this is Dwight.  He making promises he can't keep to both sides.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 06:06:09 AM »
Roy Keane have no shame,calling the man a clown,when he running a circus............. 

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 06:09:59 AM »
If Dwight's deal was agreed to on the condition that he's retired from international ball, then the real villain in all of this is Dwight.  He making promises he can't keep to both sides.

Agreed.  What really is the situation here?  Has Dwight retired or hasn't he?  Wasn't his appearance at the England game supposed to signal a farewell?

Don't get me wrong - I feel Dwight could still have a crucial role to play for T&T, but he seems to be in and out of retirement and the only person who could put all this to rest is Dwight.  He needs to come out and make his position clear to club and country in no uncertain terms.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 06:32:02 AM »
Man, after hearing RK dey I say Yorkie will not be back playing fuh TnT.  The "talk" Keane will have eith him is either yuh retired or not, simple as dat!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 06:33:48 AM »
Keane has done NOTHING wrong.

He ask for his player to come back, that is in his club's best interest. Every club manager wishes they could do that.

Club's usually profit from players playing in internationals. Young players get exposure and improve their value, skills, experience. None of those are a factor with a 36 year-old Yorke and Keane has NOTHING to gain from Yorke playing qualifiers or making it to a next World Cup.

Every player has the right to refuse and every federation has the right to insist that the player is available, whether they are injured or not. The fact that Dwight went willingly and Jack hasn't made an official complaint should say it all.

Jack is a bad john so how come he let Yorke go without an official complaint. It certainly is not becuase he is being the bigger man, but because Yorke ask him not to and decided to go back. So why would Yorke do that if Keane was in the wrong.

Keane call it absolutely correct here:

"Basically, if he's the vice-president of Fifa, God help us all."

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 06:43:36 AM »
I have a next question.

Yorke was never blacklisted so where he was between the WC and the England game? We wasn't playing football then?

I not vex with Yorke, I understand that Keane is a forceful individual and he wants to keep is career going for as long as possible and compying with Keane is the best way to make it happen. It doesn't make him less patriotic or less of a hero, the man paid his dues.

But don't bullshit people and make it out like you are some type of victim without any options.

But he knows the manner of the beast and knows that he was not getting that contract if he didn't give

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 06:44:21 AM »

He ask for his player to come back, that is in his club's best interest. Every club manager wishes they could do that.

Club's usually profit from players playing in internationals. Young players get exposure and improve their value, skills, experience. None of those are a factor with a 36 year-old Yorke and Keane has NOTHING to gain from Yorke playing qualifiers or making it to a next World Cup.

Every player has the right to refuse and every federation has the right to insist that the player is available, whether they are injured or not. The fact that Dwight went willingly and Jack hasn't made an official complaint should say it all.

Jack is a bad john so how come he let Yorke go without an official complaint. It certainly is not becuase he is being the bigger man, but because Yorke ask him not to and decided to go back. So why would Yorke do that if Keane was in the wrong.

I usually agree with most things you post,but I'm having a hard time swallowing this one,no disrespect.....

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 06:49:16 AM »
I tell alyuh this was agreed before hand that Yorke was not going to play in the US game.

when Warner provide a Ticket for Yorke from TnT to Chicago he could bump he gum.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 06:55:34 AM »

I usually agree with most things you post,but I'm having a hard time swallowing this one,no disrespect.....

No disrespect taken man...we can't agree all the time otherwise what is the point of sharing ideas.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 07:05:29 AM »
I have a next question.

Yorke was never blacklisted so where he was between the WC and the England game? We wasn't playing football then?

I not vex with Yorke, I understand that Keane is a forceful individual and he wants to keep is career going for as long as possible and compying with Keane is the best way to make it happen. It doesn't make him less patriotic or less of a hero, the man paid his dues.

But don't bullshit people and make it out like you are some type of victim without any options.

But he knows the manner of the beast and knows that he was not getting that contract if he didn't give

I sympathize with Keane's position, it look like Yorke playing both sides of the coin here, and at the end of the day pleasing none.

He needs to make a firm decision one way or the other and stick to it.

On the other hand, can't endorse Keane's response to Warner, he's doing himself and his club no favours.

Bet yuh bottom dollar next round of games, Kenwyne will be summoned injured or not to fly across the Atlantic for our doctors to check on him, then we'll send him back 2 days late on an economy class Caribbean Airlines flight making stops in Barbados, New York, Heathrow then Sunderland.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 07:09:05 AM »
same thing we say in another thread ....this was agreed long time !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 07:11:10 AM »
I was wondering how this will affect men like jones and edwards, may very well make it harder for dem to play for TnT as a previous post mentioned.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 07:23:22 AM »
I was wondering how this will affect men like jones and edwards, may very well make it harder for dem to play for TnT as a previous post mentioned.

He can't make it harder for them to play for TnT, that is written in FIFA stone.

But he can sure make it more uncomfortable for them at Sunderland.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 07:28:18 AM »
I have a next question.

I sympathize with Keane's position, it look like Yorke playing both sides of the coin here, and at the end of the day pleasing none.

He needs to make a firm decision one way or the other and stick to it.

On the other hand, can't endorse Keane's response to Warner, he's doing himself and his club no favours.

Bet yuh bottom dollar next round of games, Kenwyne will be summoned injured or not to fly across the Atlantic for our doctors to check on him, then we'll send him back 2 days late on an economy class Caribbean Airlines flight making stops in Barbados, New York, Heathrow then Sunderland.

The reality is this has nothing to do with Kenwyn or Dwight.

Keane is Sunderlands manager and as that he has full control over what happens at the club with regards the team, thats the way it works, even Quinn doesn't get to know the team before its announced on a saturday.  He just doesn't and won't but up with interefence or comments.  

This has been simmering and Keane has bit his lip on a couple of occasions.  

Warner has used the media a couple of times and had very little comeback as the club have let it pass.  I get the impression rightly or wrongly Warners likes using the media and seems he gets very little comeback or people seem relunctant to have a dig at him because of who he is and his position so he assumes he is going to keep getting away with it.  

The problem is Keane doesn't care who he is or what position he holds and probably never will.  I doubt he just called him a clown during their what I suspect brief telephone conversation.

Few people would of really taken notice of Warners publicity stunt letter, that was really done for ego purposes and so he can stick his chest out and say to anybody who cares to listen look who I am, look what I can do. I would imagine he never thought there would be any comeback at all, unfortunately he didn't realise what type of character Keane is, he probably realised his mistake during the telephone call.  Now not many people would of taken notice of his letter, but a great deal more will have heard Keane's response, so Warners little publicity stunt has just backfired on him.  

As for what happens next is anybodies guess, but it is very obvious Keane is sick of Warners shite, knowing Keane if the T&T players become too much hassle then they will be moved on, no matter how important Kenwyn is to the team.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 07:36:26 AM »
anyone who vex with keane on this one jess doh know how to read..

Yorke retired from T&T football. On that condition he was able to earn a one year contract. He went back on his word. The simple fact is Yorke dedicated his future to the club. We lucky he play against Gautemala...In any case, it was well agreed that he would play one game. It was a good compromise cuz we needed Yorke assist to earn the point in T&T...but I guarantee you that we was still getting a cutass from the States even with Yorke in the lineup. Best save him from unnecessary risk of injury playing for his country in a highly probable Lost cause. Plain talk..... A 36 year old, in his last season with injury and fitness concerns cannot be playing two games in 3 days and then fly across the Atlantic and play for his club..and Yorke is the one who made agreements to make the club his priority. Truss me, he wasn't making no difference to the result of the US game. He avid injury, gets to play for his club andimprove his chances of playing for us in the future. Everybody wins

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 07:39:07 AM »

none at all. this is simply between Keane and Yorke and an agreement between the two that Keane believes Yorke has broken.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 07:41:23 AM »
I not vex with what RK say, is thee "Ringling Brothers Circus" and Jack is thee head clown.   Plain and simple, no one has any respect for our Federation, nor our players.  So yuh think is only “clown” dey does call him?   Our football and organization has been shameful in the past and currently it still smelling. We gets no respect in the football world. The Man is the Vice President of FIFA and you bold enough to go public with a statement and call him ah “clown”. That insult was not only to JW but also our county.  Decipher that!!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 08:02:55 AM »
I have a next question.

You self JDB...No we were not.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>