May 13, 2024, 08:47:34 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2009-10 Thread  (Read 54619 times)

AirMan

Re: NBA 2009-10 Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
dont count out Phoenix yet !!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2010, 07:08:32 PM »
MJ in charlotte

MJ own de team... but is Rod Higgins actually calling de shots I believe.

----------------------

Steve Nash is ah beast... de man break he nose on de court, grab it, straighten it up and shoot he foul shots yes, lol.

Canada mighta be ah world superpower if more Canadian men had some ah Nash's testicular fortitude  :devil:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2010, 08:02:49 PM »

Steups, dey win 1 game yuh talkin bout doh count dem out, count dem out ah wah?  Being near a lake nex week ketchin some wabine?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2010, 08:22:15 PM »
Steve kerr runnin the suns??....plenty ex players getting slotted into front office wukk when they retire

He running dem about 3 yrs now...

Danny Ferry in Cleveland
Otis Smith in Orlando
Rex Chapman in Denver
Kiki Vanderweghe in NJ
Jim Paxon in Chicago
Kurt Rambis (I believe) in L.A.
Ernie Grundfeld in DC
Joe Dumars in Detroit
Larry Bird in Indiana

... to name a few.  Pretty soon it might be a prerequisite.

just the other day I was wondering what Rex Chapman was up to.  now I know.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2010, 09:06:43 PM »

you good, I even forget bout he...chapman?? kiki vanderweghe
wha qualifications dem men have....dem fellahs was mediocre players at best

just now allyuh go tell mih Bryant Reeves in de front office too.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2010, 11:10:20 PM »
Rex was good for some excitement man.  He had some vertical in the early years (had a decent showing in a dunk out too) and then of course he hit a couple of the best shots of the 90s.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/m5PyJ-b818Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/m5PyJ-b818Y</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mE5RGClCDp4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mE5RGClCDp4</a>

have another one I couldn't find yet.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2010, 11:15:22 PM »
dem fellahs was mediocre players at best

well, Magic fail as a coach, Isiah fail as a coach/GM, Elgin Baylor fail as a GM, Jordan buss with the wizards and ent do anything special yet with Charlotte, so owners have to try something else.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:17:57 PM by daryn »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2010, 08:02:30 AM »
I eh even realise it had basketball play last night.

Orlando pull back a game. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »
I eh even realise it had basketball play last night.

Orlando pull back a game. 

YES THEY DID
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »

you good, I even forget bout he...chapman?? kiki vanderweghe
wha qualifications dem men have....dem fellahs was mediocre players at best

Nah, Chapman mighta been a cut above mediocre... he was a deadly outside shooter as feared as any man in his day, and was a decent scorer off the dribble as well.  Injuries was his albatross.

Kiki?  Yuh straight sleeping on Kiki man, he was ah All-Star back in the earlies... was a stone cold shooter.  I remember when the Knicks traded for him I was like "who de fack is dis white boy??" But came to appreciate his game and hustle.  He was no star with we b/c his best years were behind him, but NBA people had real appreciation for him as a player... that much I remember.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »

Steups, dey win 1 game yuh talkin bout doh count dem out, count dem out ah wah?  Being near a lake nex week ketchin some wabine?

Is not wabine season yet...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
phoenix/boston final will be nice....phil will be depressed and he will hook up with lebron in chicago.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2010, 09:45:22 PM »
We have a playoffs now... Phoenix and LA tied at 2-2

Orlando juss pull back to to pull withing 2-3 of Boston.

Horrible night for the officials... Perkins get his with two techs that shouldn't have been called.  Refs were letting them bang, then not letting them bang... then letting them bang again.

Big Baby took a Dwight Howard elbow to the chin and end up with a concussion... Marquis Daniel run into de Polish Hammer and decide he needed one too. Rasheed Wallace tweak he back... was like a M.A.S.H. re-run in dat game.

I hate to say it but I think the Magic losing the next game.  Game 6 will be in Boston and I think the refs will be under plenty pressure to be kind to the home team, Boston suffered w/o Perkins and I suspect Howard will get manhandled in the post with no calls.  Everybody else on the Magic save for Howard and Nelson are jump-shooters who don't get any respect from the refs... Carter included.  Unless Nelson going to the line (if the refs let him) then the Magic goose cook.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2010, 07:33:01 AM »

Horrible night for the officials... Perkins get his with two techs that shouldn't have been called.  Refs were letting them bang, then not letting them bang... then letting them bang again.

didn't see the game but now reading everywhere that the two techs were atrocious.  Is appeal a possibility?

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2010, 08:37:29 AM »

didn't see the game but now reading everywhere that the two techs were atrocious.  Is appeal a possibility?

in the playoffs they review all technicals so it is possible for them to rescind them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2010, 12:31:30 PM »

The first wasn't that bad... Pierce get fouled and fell in the lane and Perkins extended his left hand to help him up.  Gortat was behind Perkins at the time not really paying attention to what was going on...typical mish mash of bodies gathered around after a foul.  Perkins hand slipped from grabbing Pierce and in doing so jerked backwards and "elbowed" Gortat in the stomach... imagine pulling on something with yuh elbows at 90 degrees and yuh suddenly lose yuh grip.  Gortat reacted by knocking the ball out of Perkins right hand (nutten malicious, li'l tit for tat), refs tee up both ah dem.

On  the second Rush overreacted, but in fairness Perkins like tuh carry on every time a foul is called on him.  Like Tim Duncan (who more protests with incredulity rather than anger) he never foul nobody in he life.  I think he reputation preceded him on this one.  It may be rescinded as Nightmare say... because of the suspension possibility they start reviewing them some yrs back.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2010, 02:02:18 PM »
Carter choking yet ? lossed his ability to drive the lane yet ?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2010, 04:06:44 PM »
Would be nice if Magic could be firse team to win a 7-game series after going down 0-3
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »
ha ha they went 3-zip  :rotfl: ,you guys dont post scores man .Carter couldn help that bad ass team  :rotfl: hes worthless and this could be his greatest chance to get a ring .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »
Perkins OK to play in Game 6 after NBA rescinds techPosted May 27 2010 1:19PM

BOSTON (AP) -- Boston's Kendrick Perkins will be eligible to play in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Orlando Magic.

The NBA said Thursday that one of the two technical fouls Perkins received in Game 5 was rescinded. That means Perkins hasn't hit the mark of seven technicals in the playoffs that would lead to an automatic suspension.

Perkins was called for the first technical when he elbowed Marcin Gortat in the stomach. Replays showed Perkins' arm merely slipped as he tried to help teammate Rajon Rondo up.

But it was the second technical that was rescinded by the league. Perkins got that one when he complained about a foul call in the second quarter.

The league said a foul committed by Paul Pierce in the fourth quarter was upgraded to a flagrant

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 28, 2010, 09:48:26 AM »
Escape in LA
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

giggsy11

« Reply #231 on: May 28, 2010, 03:44:27 PM »

Hear, hear! Carter already lost his ability to drive the lane and he now parks himself on the 3pt line and teams don't even bother to guard him. Most over rated and over hyped player in in recent years. He made his name on winning the dunk contest and he dogged it in Toronto so he could leave; lost my respect for him as a player. Loser to the 10th degree!

giggsy11

« Reply #232 on: May 28, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
Timmmmbeeerr;that is the sound of the Magic crashing back to earth!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »

Hear, hear! Carter already lost his ability to drive the lane and he now parks himself on the 3pt line and teams don't even bother to guard him. Most over rated and over hyped player in in recent years. He made his name on winning the dunk contest and he dogged it in Toronto so he could leave; lost my respect for him as a player. Loser to the 10th degree!
But hes not all bad doh .
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:05:59 PM by Quags »

giggsy11

« Reply #234 on: May 28, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »

But hes a nice guy .

That is what they all want you to think so you can help the build their brand!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2010, 09:10:26 PM »
What brand lol .

giggsy11

« Reply #236 on: May 28, 2010, 09:18:29 PM »
What brand lol .

As we write he punked out with a 'leg injury'!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 28, 2010, 09:20:30 PM »
Wow ..

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2010, 09:38:35 PM »
Well we tried to warn ppl ,but nobody believed us

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2010, 08:23:53 AM »
Ah well... I guess it's down to the Suns or the Celtics... ugh!

1]; } ?>