May 20, 2024, 08:48:07 AM

Author Topic: Marv returns from injury lay off  (Read 2342 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marv returns from injury lay off
« on: March 08, 2009, 08:13:43 PM »
Marv returns from injury lay off
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana and his technical staff team, a day after inspecting the playing surface at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, received some welcomed news on Scottish-based defender Marvin Andrews.

After being out since last year, recovering from surgery on troubled cartilage, Andrews appeared for the full 90 minutes in Raith Rovers in 1-0 win over  East Fife in the Scottish Second Division on Saturday. Raith are second on the table.

There has been discussion in recent times over Andrew progress from the T&T end and Assistant Coach Russell Latapy has been keeping tabs on his long time teammate.

Meantime, current T&T left back Aklie Edwards has been offered a contract by American Major League club Colorado Rapids but has not made a decision whether he will remain with the club. He is with the Rapids in Argentina on their preseason tour and is also carded to go on trial in Germany this month.

Edwards has played in three matches including those against Argentinos Juniors, Velez Sarsfield and River Plate.

“The experience has been good. I played in three games, coming on in the second half and I’ve settled in. They have offered me a deal but I haven’t made a decision on whether I’m taking it up yet,” Edwards told TTFF Media on Friday.

“It’s good to be back in Argentina after being here with the national team last month.But our training now has been a bit different because the club is preparing for a full season coming up. Right now my fitness is good and I’m making sure that I’m in shape for the World Cup qualifiers coming up against Honduras and USA .”

Maturana is scheduled to resume training next weekend with a squad of home-based players with a friendly international carded closer to the final week before the March 28 World Cup qualifier against Honduras.

Both Maturana and Latapy along with other staff members visited the Hasely Crawford Stadium for an update on the pitch conditions and remain optimistic that it will be match ready for March 28.

The T&T team will hold its training sessions both at the Ato Boldon and Larry Gomes Stadiums.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marv returns from injury lay off
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »
buh Palos, like the boy cutting style   ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 08:38:50 PM »
Glad 2 know dat Dog in Latas thoughts as 4 Palos boi hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 08:44:14 PM »
ah thought aklie was with de red bulls
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:46:35 PM »
I thought Edwrads was in Argentina with the Red Bulls?

Re: Akil Edwards will soon be off to Argentina for pre-season
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 07:01:16 AM » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aklie Edwards is in the second-half lineup for the Red Bulls in their scrimmage against Velez Sarsfield. The half-time score was Red Bulls 2, Velez 0.

What really going on?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 08:52:35 PM »
is a TTFF news release ::)
wha allya really expect

check Kingman's thread here
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=42276.msg532528#msg532528
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:56:08 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:07:39 PM »
is a TTFF news release ::)
wha allya really expect

check Kingman's thread here
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=42276.msg532528#msg532528

:rotfl: :rotfl:
http://redbull.newyork.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090303&content_id=221401&vkey=news_rbn&fext=.jsp&team=t107
AND AKlie was the one Interviewed ya kno.........is not like it was second hand news....something wrong with the TTFF to be Constantly get their stories wrong ::)

maybe Aklie is the mixed up one?... :thinking:.................nah.......cant be
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:09:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 10:06:30 PM »
“The experience has been good. I played in three games, coming on in the second half and I’ve settled in. They have offered me a deal but I haven’t made a decision on whether I’m taking it up yet,” Edwards told TTFF Media on Friday.

Wha de ass is dis, boy take de deal!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 06:03:53 AM »
You doh know what kinda deal they offer the boy? Next thing you know is a couple hundred US a week or something and he hadda find he own housing and pay for the work permit outta that. You never hear about exploitation or what?

Plus, it have real men is go to the MLS and fall off the TTFF radar. The man thinking he might go up there and bench and say "bye, bye" to the world cup squad. Things not always so cut and dry in the world of sport and business
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 09:24:52 AM »
Come on Shaun, better than that!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 09:32:50 AM »
men call for sancho and cyd and avery, they throw we marv.  ttff is like a master of distraction.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 09:58:23 AM »
Wouldn't it be intresting to know if he still has it ??????

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »
Division Two: East Fife 0-1 Raith Rovers
By Scott Inglis (Daily Record)

COMEBACK king Marvin Andrews hopes his surprise return to the Raith Rovers side can see him land further international recognition.

The deeply-religious defender made an appearance as a trialist at the heart of the Rovers' defence and strolled through his side's victory.

It was Andrews' first appearance of the season but the stopper hopes he can now keep his place in the Kirkcaldy side and earn his 100th cap for Trinidad and Tobago.

Following the game, which Rovers won by a solitary Graham Weir goal, the big defender said: "It's a fantastic feeling to be back.

"It's thanks to God and the Lord Jesus Christ that I'm now able, fit and well. I really shocked myself that I was able to play the entire 90 minutes in such a big game.

"I now want to stay fit and hope to get back into my national team and play at that level again."

The fierce Fife derby started at a frantic pace and it was the home side started the brightest.

Lloyd Young sent a curling effort past David McGurn's goal after just a couple of minutes before a Bobby Linn strike had to be dealt with by the keeper. It took almost 26 minutes for the visitors to threaten, but Weir's effort was straight at Willie McCulloch.

During the interval Methil boss Dave Baikie took off Paul McManus and handed a debut to midfielder Lee Makel.

The former Dunfermline man should have put his new side one up right after the break when he raced in on goal but McGurn saved.

Baikie's men started to run out of steam on and it came as no surprise when Weir opened the scoring.

The striker pounced on a Stephen Simmons effort on goal and turned it high into Willie McCulloch's net.

Iain Williamson almost added a second with 10 minutes to go when he broke free but was thwarted by Kevin Fotheringham. Relieved Rovers manager John McGlynn said: "I'm happy to get the derby win.

"East Fife had the best of the first half so we had a wee go at the players when they came in at half time.

"I thought Marvin Andrews was absolutely unbelievable. For him to be out for a year and then come back and play 90 minutes is unbelievable.

"It's a great tribute to the man."

Opposite number Baikie was frustrated his men couldn't convert their first-half pressure into goals.

He said: "We were the better side in the first half but we didn't create any clear-cut chances.

"I think if Lee Makel had taken his chance we would have gone on to win the game."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 12:24:48 PM »
Is Marv y they shock? As 4 them fellas mention certainly not seein Sancho. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 05:55:11 AM »
Interview with Dog

<a href="http://video.google.co.uk/googleplayer.swf?docid=-5377737045458616933&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=true" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://video.google.co.uk/googleplayer.swf?docid=-5377737045458616933&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=true</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 07:11:15 AM »
give thanks
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>