May 21, 2024, 04:30:49 AM

Author Topic: Squad named for Sunday's WCQ vs Bermuda  (Read 7807 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Squad named for Sunday's WCQ vs Bermuda
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:33:53 PM »
Squad named for Sunday's WCQ vs Bermuda.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago will have the services of Southampton striker Stern John for Sunday’s 2010 World Cup qualifier against Bermuda at the Marvin Lee Stadium.
John, who missed the Jamaica friendly with a hamstring proble,  was passed fit and rejoined training at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Wednesday. He is included in the 18-man squad announced by head coach Francisco Maturana.

John will join skipper Aurtis Whitley, Carlos Edwards, Dennis Lawrence, Jason Scotland and Clayton Ince as the players from the previous 2006 World Cup campaign in the squad to kick off this country’s bid for South Africa 2010. The other faces in the team include midfielders Keon Daniel and Khaleem Hyland as well as striker Darryl Roberts and goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams. Defence Force defender Michael Edwards is the only newcomer for Sunday’s encounter.

Skipper Whitley said that his troops have been getting down to the business of preparing for a bright start to the campaign. “We’ve worked hard on the training pitch and  I think we’ve especially tried to correct some of our weak areas coming out of the England and Jamaica games,” Whitley told TTFF Media. “We felt overall there was lift in the performance in the Jamaica game but we need to put away more chances as in World Cup competition everything counts. Bermuda will be hoping to cause an upset and I’ve been in these situations long enough to know that we cannot take any team or any match for granted.

“Whether we play at the National Stadium or at the Marvin Lee, the team is expected to play its best football and show the same type of approach. No issues at this time will take our focus off the big prize which is securing the points and moving on in the campaign to get to South Africa. We know the public is  expecting a lot of us but we hope that they will offer that support to help us along the way,” Whitley added.

Meantime with Bermuda scheduled here at 10:40pm on Thursday, their  technical director Derek Broadley will go all out on Sunday. Broadley said the surface at the MLS could actually be an advantage for Bermuda. "I think synthetic surfaces suit technical players and it may make it harder for Trinidad to play their power game."

He said Bermuda Hogges players had encountered that type of surface on many occasions in the USL and would not be a problem. And he insisted there would be no repeat of the problems the Hogges encountered when they faced Charlotte Eagles, with the bulk of the players brining the wrong type of boots for the surface.

"We'll make sure they've got the right boots," he added. And Barbados coach Eyre Sealy reckons Bermuda have a chance to embarrass T&T in their World Cup qualifier after they (Bermuda) scored comfortable 2-1 and 3-0 wins over the Bajans last week.

”You are the underdogs but on the day anybody can beat anybody other factors come into play. It's not going to be easy for either of us but I still have faith. We certainly wish Bermuda well and all the best,” said Sealy. He said he felt Bermuda had played 'reasonably well' over the two games against his side but needed to tighten up defensively if they were to survive the critical first leg in Trinidad.

Bermuda head coach Kenny Thompson has warned his young charges to ward against being overawed by the occasion and instead use the partisan support to inspire them to raise their performances.  And he will look towards warhorse Meshach Wade, Smith and Nusum to ensure there is no repeat of the stage fright that gripped Bermuda during the early stages of their last round clash against Cayman Islands in the Caribbean.

"We will let the players know what to expect as we know there will be a very big crowd," said Thompson. "We have enough people who can advise our players on how to handle the situation. Instead of being afraid, they must embrace the situation, even though the crowd is not cheering for them.  "You need to use the energy of the crowd to motivate you. Khano (Smith), John (Nusum) and Timmy (Figureido) were part of the last World Cup campaign and they can help ease their team-mates' worries.

T&T Squad
Clayton Ince, Jan Michael Williams, Kern Cupid Kareem Smith, Dennis Lawrence, Ancil Farrier, Michael Edwards, Makan Hislop, Stephan David, Osei Telesford, Hayden Tinto, Carlos Edwards, Keon Daniel, Aurtis Whitley Khaleem Hyland, Stern John, Jason Scotland and Darryl Roberts.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:43:56 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Squad named for Sunday's WCQ vs Bermuda
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 03:37:27 PM »
who is michael edwards ???

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »
wow, no guerra, thats a mistake, you can get away without a creative mid against bermuda but not aganist the US and other quality teams in concacaf

God is de BOSS....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »

Broadley said the surface at the MLS could actually be an advantage for Bermuda.
"I think synthetic surfaces suit technical players and it may make it harder for Trinidad to play their power game."

enlighten me whats our power game again  ???, and how Bermuda getting and advantage and is our stadium?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 03:43:40 PM »
Bermuda rel bumping they gum boy
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 04:57:36 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago will have the services of Southampton striker Stern John for Sunday’s 2010 World Cup qualifier against Bermuda at the Marvin Lee Stadium.
John, who missed the Jamaica friendly with a hamstring proble,  was passed fit and rejoined training at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Wednesday. He is included in the 18-man squad announced by head coach Francisco Maturana.

John will join skipper Aurtis Whitley, Carlos Edwards, Dennis Lawrence, Jason Scotland and Clayton Ince as the players from the previous 2006 World Cup campaign in the squad to kick off this country’s bid for South Africa 2010. The other faces in the team include midfielders Keon Daniel and Khaleem Hyland as well as striker Darryl Roberts and goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams. Defence Force defender Michael Edwards is the only newcomer for Sunday’s encounter.

Skipper Whitley said that his troops have been getting down to the business of preparing for a bright start to the campaign. “We’ve worked hard on the training pitch and  I think we’ve especially tried to correct some of our weak areas coming out of the England and Jamaica games,” Whitley told TTFF Media. “We felt overall there was lift in the performance in the Jamaica game but we need to put away more chances as in World Cup competition everything counts. Bermuda will be hoping to cause an upset and I’ve been in these situations long enough to know that we cannot take any team or any match for granted.

“Whether we play at the National Stadium or at the Marvin Lee, the team is expected to play its best football and show the same type of approach. No issues at this time will take our focus off the big prize which is securing the points and moving on in the campaign to get to South Africa. We know the public is  expecting a lot of us but we hope that they will offer that support to help us along the way,” Whitley added.

Meantime with Bermuda scheduled here at 10:40pm on Thursday, their  technical director Derek Broadley will go all out on Sunday. Broadley said the surface at the MLS could actually be an advantage for Bermuda. "I think synthetic surfaces suit technical players and it may make it harder for Trinidad to play their power game."

He said Bermuda Hogges players had encountered that type of surface on many occasions in the USL and would not be a problem. And he insisted there would be no repeat of the problems the Hogges encountered when they faced Charlotte Eagles, with the bulk of the players brining the wrong type of boots for the surface.

"We'll make sure they've got the right boots," he added. And Barbados coach Eyre Sealy reckons Bermuda have a chance to embarrass T&T in their World Cup qualifier after they (Bermuda) scored comfortable 2-1 and 3-0 wins over the Bajans last week.

”You are the underdogs but on the day anybody can beat anybody other factors come into play. It's not going to be easy for either of us but I still have faith. We certainly wish Bermuda well and all the best,” said Sealy. He said he felt Bermuda had played 'reasonably well' over the two games against his side but needed to tighten up defensively if they were to survive the critical first leg in Trinidad.

Bermuda head coach Kenny Thompson has warned his young charges to ward against being overawed by the occasion and instead use the partisan support to inspire them to raise their performances.  And he will look towards warhorse Meshach Wade, Smith and Nusum to ensure there is no repeat of the stage fright that gripped Bermuda during the early stages of their last round clash against Cayman Islands in the Caribbean.

"We will let the players know what to expect as we know there will be a very big crowd," said Thompson. "We have enough people who can advise our players on how to handle the situation. Instead of being afraid, they must embrace the situation, even though the crowd is not cheering for them.  "You need to use the energy of the crowd to motivate you. Khano (Smith), John (Nusum) and Timmy (Figureido) were part of the last World Cup campaign and they can help ease their team-mates' worries.

T&T Squad
Clayton Ince, Jan Michael Williams, Kern Cupid Kareem Smith, Dennis Lawrence, Ancil Farrier, Michael Edwards, Makan Hislop, Stephan David, Osei Telesford, Hayden Tinto, Carlos Edwards, Keon Daniel, Aurtis Whitley Khaleem Hyland, Stern John, Jason Scotland and Darryl Roberts.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »
wow, no guerra, thats a mistake, you can get away without a creative mid against bermuda but not aganist the US and other quality teams in concacaf

God is de BOSS....

Ever since he make way for Dwight, is wha....for once TI I agree wid yuh....I woulda like to see him drafted in too...from the little I saw of him in the Barbados game he looked promising....well Corneal Maturana know what he doing.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 05:35:48 PM »
Broadley said the surface at the MLS could actually be an advantage for Bermuda. "I think synthetic surfaces suit technical players and it may make it harder for Trinidad to play their power game."

Broadley you do know most of our team play in trinidad and have played at that Stadium right? ???

WE WILL PLAY OUR POWER GAME FROM THE SAVANNAH TO A DIRT TRAK IF WE KNOW IS LICKS FOR ALLYUH!!!!

GO WARRIORS

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 05:37:50 PM »
 :cheers: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Youtube Channel

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 05:51:57 PM »
Hrm....a man was not around for none of the warm up games and not in the squad, but for the WCQ we have a debutant.

That ent right atall, atall

So Cupid get dropped from JA game after having a poor run of games and he's back for A. Edwards.

Stephan David  get I think one run...either El Salvador or Barbados and from what I remember the poor fella get more brush than a ting wukking a double shift in villa capri.

It ent have no continuity besides Hislop in this defence. The back 4 never get 2 games together.
I ent know who to put as wingback as the magic dust run out on all of them. I say go with Telesford and Smith. Or Smith and Farrier.

Only midfield subs is David, Tinto and Telesford who is more of a defender.

Roberts the only fwd sub so stern have to run the full 90 on he bad hamstring.

Lewee hope Hyland and WHitley could thread some best ball to stern and Scotland yes.

How yuh go leave out Carter who do it to the Jamaicans and score?...steupssss. We have nuttin speedy up front. Only Tinto if he get a sweat. No Guerra, well I feel connell was injured but he is a player.

T&T Squad
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 05:54:48 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 05:56:14 PM »
who is michael edwards ???

A trialist who need caps to get a foreign contract perhaps?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 05:59:34 PM »
Is Tinto really in the squad or is it more pappyshow from the TTFF ? And who is Michael Edwards ?

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 06:02:10 PM »
T&T Squad

All I can say after seein this team, is WHO THE HELL IS Michael Edwards??? Hear nuh, if EVER we had reason to all wear Black on Sunday this is it!!! I supporting Team T&T, but with a heavy heart and VERY low expectations!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 06:08:09 PM »
i fed up stueps
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »
Is Tinto really in the squad or is it more pappyshow from the TTFF ? And who is Michael Edwards ?

All I know is about Michael Edwards is he is a back for Defence Force and made the WN team of the week once for May 13-19.
How do you have a walk on for the qualifier?

Any chance this is a typo for Aklie???

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
btw is Bermuda one of those teams with FIFA rejected stadia ?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 06:23:04 PM »
btw is Bermuda one of those teams with FIFA rejected stadia ?

No, the return is scheduled in Bermuda.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 06:23:27 PM »
ok

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 06:26:49 PM »
What alyuh worrying about, we will win this game with ease.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
I still want Carlos to play right back.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 06:42:03 PM »

Daz NOT de point and yuh know it.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »
edwards come in...all the best to him...
Guerra ah hear get kick off the team for going public with his ommision from the England game...
cant believe carter eh get de pick... but i am a fan of tinto...
and i am willing to use carlos as right back for this game... but he eh tackling.. for S'Land nah..
so...lets score some goals.. keep a clean sheet...dont mess around with no side...ask sweden...
come on TnT....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 07:02:53 PM »
Pride cometh before a fall. Ask RF.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 07:07:32 PM »
Pride cometh before a fall. Ask RF.
RF stiil in shock wid de amount ah NUTMEG he team did get ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 07:08:44 PM »
Who is Michael Edwards??

Tallman say something nuh...

is this a typo? how could there be a local player we never ever hear about?

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 07:10:50 PM »
Broadley said the surface at the MLS could actually be an advantage for Bermuda. "I think synthetic surfaces suit technical players and it may make it harder for Trinidad to play their power game."

Broadley you do know most of our team play in trinidad and have played at that Stadium right? ???

WE WILL PLAY OUR POWER GAME FROM THE SAVANNAH TO A DIRT TRAK IF WE KNOW IS LICKS FOR ALLYUH!!!!

GO WARRIORS

The man just trying to look for positives, nothing wrong in that. The whole bermuda press practices propaganda versus actual journalism, whether that's better for the country or not is debatable.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 07:12:20 PM »
hear nuh
check Palos post
The CORNMEALS know who he is....that is ALL that counts....get over it people :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »
people...he plays for army... i cant recall seeing him before..heard his name a few times... but cant say more.. we is a wing back
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »
Guerra ah hear get kick off the team for going public with his ommision from the England game...

Sorry....but daz fackeries.  Is little boy dem tink dem dealin wit?

Yuh announce a man get pick in a suqad of 18, den all of a sudden he get drop jes so and a nex man who wasn't called up not only get a place on de team but PLAY, and men mustn't be disappointed?

Bullshit!

Almost enough to mek yuh want to support Bermuda  >:(

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »
I must admit! Ever since ah realize that the team is really a Corneal picked team (with all the ramifications). I have had a sick feeling in my stomach about the chances of T&T 2010.

I was sooooo happy when we finally got a reputable coach to lead the charge. . . only to realize that the selection criteria does not reflect having T&T's best chances for qualifying in mind.  :(

Somebody. . . tell meh it aint so nah. . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>