May 06, 2024, 03:15:01 AM

Author Topic: Honour of hosting the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.  (Read 32597 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Honour of hosting the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2010, 12:38:02 PM »
this is indicative of the power shift in world politics. expect india and china to be next in the running for years following 2022

China is a FIFA favourite (ah Sepp Favourite sorry)... plus ah burgeoning economy and exploding middle class... money to be made.... World Cup coming soon to those shores
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
this is indicative of the power shift in world politics. expect india and china to be next in the running for years following 2022

China is a FIFA favourite (ah Sepp Favourite sorry)... plus ah burgeoning economy and exploding middle class... money to be made.... World Cup coming soon to those shores

unlikely, WC 2026 cant be in Asia.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2010, 12:42:09 PM »

What 'power shift' Qatar or the middle east flexing Mr. PoliSci?

This is indicative of how corrupt and morally bankrupt FIFA is.  That stench yuh smelling isn't power shifting... that is fish rotting inside FIFA.

I don't see it happening either, but remember they discontinued the rotation policy... so nutten eh stopping them.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2010, 12:42:54 PM »

well i ent say when...  ;D just soon
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »

Yuh probaly right, Sepp even credited China for starting football and England for being the first to organise football properly! This was a slight to England in preparation for the announcement that England did not make it with their 2018 bid!

For 2026 England can try again but it would probably be China or India if they both put strong bids in.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2010, 12:58:32 PM »
To be a FIFA exec., my, my, my
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2010, 03:43:37 PM »
The smell coming from fifa is so strong. You can smell the corruption for miles! Qatar?! Is this a joke!
Hart for president

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »
The smell coming from fifa is so strong. You can smell the corruption for miles! Qatar?! Is this a joke!

De amount of oil money them have to spend/pass is no joke!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2010, 03:48:49 PM »
Both racist countries...and Qatar wants to use ac to cool massive stadiums? So much for the environment
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2010, 03:50:44 PM »

Either that or Somalia is busy 2022
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
...and I always remember how the Bahrain fans behaved in 06. Same regional mentality. Ah real fed up. First tnt not making gold cup, now this.
Hart for president

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2010, 03:53:01 PM »

Either that or Somalia is busy 2022

Just geared yuhself up to see a World Cup team of this quality!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQLylizGmDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NQLylizGmDs</a>

;)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zinedine Zidane cashes in on Qatar bid
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »
Zinedine Zidane cashes in on Qatar bid
heraldsun.com.au

THE biggest immediate beneficiary of Qatar's success in winning the right to hold the 2022 World Cup may be Zinedine Zidane.

Zidane will be $15 million richer after the Middle Eastern nation snared the right to host the first Middle Eastern World Cup.

The French legend, who featured in an advert run regularly on Swiss television networks and clearly targeting FIFA ExCo members, was lured to help Qatar with the windfall.

Zidane is filmed in Marseille, where he grew up, talking about how tough it was to crack it with his Algerian roots.

"Football belongs to everyone," concludes Zidane in the slick advert, where he preaches about giving Middle Eastern kids a chance.

Along with Zidane, Gabriel Batistuta, Pep Guardiola and Ronald de Boer are Qatar's highest-profile ambassadors and - like it or loathe it - the millions spent on luring them worked wonders for Qatar's bid.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2010, 05:01:49 PM »
Both racist countries...and Qatar wants to use ac to cool massive stadiums? So much for the environment

Qatar already has the highest per capita carbon dioxide emissions of any nation but FIFA doesn't worry about things like infrastructure, security and profitability when deciding where to hold a world cup.  So why would they worry about the environment?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »
Just read this

Russia has to build 14 new stadia and a couple of airports in eight years. They have a serious racism problem, hooliganism and security issues. Yet they've got the World Cup. I guess that Blatter and co want to push the envelope on where football goes.

It shuld read "I guess that Blatter and co want to collect the envelope on where football goes."

VOTING rights are held by the Fifa executive committee, which had numbered 24 but is down to 22 after two members - Reynald Temarii of Tahiti and Amos Adamu of Nigeria - were suspended following an investigation into reports that they offered to sell their votes to undercover reporters from the Sunday Times newspaper. The Oceania Football Confederation had hoped that acting president David Chung of Papua-New Guinea would be able to vote in place of the suspended Temarii but those hopes were dashed on Tuesday night when the Tahitian decided to launch an appeal. That means there will be 22 executive committee members voting at Fifa HQ today. The 22 members with a vote are: Sepp Blatter (Switzerland), Julio Grondona (Argentina), Issa Hayatou (Cameroon), Chung Mong-joon (South Korea), Jack Warner (Trinidad and Tobago), Angel Maria Villar (Spain), Michel Platini (France), Geoff Thompson (England), Michel D'Hooghe (Belgium), Ricardo Teixeira (Brazil), Mohamed Bin Hammam (Qatar), Senes Erzik (Turkey), Chuck Blazer (United States), Worawi Makudi (Thailand), Nicolas Leoz (Paraguay), Junji Ogura (Japan), Marios Lefkaritis (Cyprus), Jacques Anouma (Ivory Coast), Franz Beckenbauer (Germany), Rafael Salguero (Guatemala), Hany Abo Rida (Egypt), Vitaly Mutko (Russia).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:12:09 PM by Flex »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »
Just read this

Russia has to build 14 new stadia and a couple of airports in eight years. They have a serious racism problem, hooliganism and security issues. Yet they've got the World Cup. I guess that Blatter and co want to push the envelope on where football goes.

It shuld read "I guess that Blatter and co want to collect the envelope on where football goes."

Did you all forget all the negative press SA2010 got after they were awarded? I am not saying I agree with Russia getting it, but ever time a host country is announced is the same thing. I even remember Nazi talk way back then for Germany 2006 and we all know how that played out!  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2010, 06:02:24 PM »
I just read something by someone who posed this question on skyscrapercity.com. If by a long shot Israel was to qualify, how will the Arab world and Qatar react to that. How will the fans be treated or be allowed to go to Qatar???????

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »
...It’s hard to judge what a Qatar World Cup will be like. Will the rich beer sponsors be able to vend and promote their product? Will female journalists and female tourists be able to visit in full equality? Will Qatar upgrade its own national team, currently ranked 113th in the world, to avoid embarrassment in 2022?

But I can address a Russian World Cup. In 1986

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/03/sports/soccer/03vecsey.html?ref=sports

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2010, 06:47:32 PM »
Just read this

Did you all forget all the negative press SA2010 got after they were awarded? I am not saying I agree with Russia getting it, but ever time a host country is announced is the same thing. I even remember Nazi talk way back then for Germany 2006 and we all know how that played out!  :beermug:

Big Up!

Had an interesting conversation tonight with someone who works with a Russian-owned team I happen to support in an off the field capacity (which I won't elaborate on). They raised a few points to ponder:

- Abramovich is in his mid 50s, he probably has another 10 years or so before he calls it a day (or steps away from the limelight)....time to think about his legacy

-Abramovich is a nationalist and even before the WC he was govenor of his home state and invested billions into the Russian economy. He has been at the forefront of the Russian 2018 campaign for the last few years. He also bankrolls the national team and CSKA Moskow.

- Spending at Chelsea has reduced quite a bit in the last couple of years....wage bill trimmed (Ballack etc leaving), very few transfers etc.. Abramovich seemingly has lost interest in bankrolling Chelsea.

- Now that Russia has won the WC bid, what do you think he sees his footballing legacy to be...Chelsea? or Russia?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2010, 06:58:53 PM »
Although I hate the decision, from FIFA's perspective Qatar 2022 is actually an excellent choice. They are not bringing football to Qatar, they are bringing it to the Middle East, a region with well over 100 million people, who are all currently $h!t at football. If they are serious about football development, there is vast potential in the reason. I'm not saying I think that development will actually happen, just that it is in line with FIFA's "legacy" thinking.

Personally, I say f**k legacy, whichever footballing nation could throw the best party should win. Not to mention, given Qatar's location, if America leave Afganhistan and start dropping bombs in Iran next, I doubt too many people will want to go and palance in Qatar.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Look how Qatar win...they giving away stadium after the WC
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2010, 10:10:08 AM »
It is a truly remarkable feat they are doing.

I bet you we get one of these stadium down here.

It had no way USA coulda beat this proposal...

Oil and gas-rich Qatar, in contrast, appears to be standing, legs astride, mouth grinning, hands beckoning. It is offering to spend £25bn ($40bn) on a rail and metro system to transport fans around the peninsula. It is promising to dismantle its stadiums after the competition and transport them to poorer countries in the region.

All that is, to use the jargon du jour, the "vision".

Qatar keeps cool as heat is turned up

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Look how Qatar win...they giving away stadium after the WC
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2010, 10:31:02 AM »
Over fed,over paid under sexed rich bastards,load ah cousin marrying mongrels.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2010, 10:54:01 AM »

You dont need another stadium, you need fans to fill the seats in the ones you already have.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2010, 11:01:53 AM »
Over fed,over paid under sexed rich bastards,load ah cousin marrying mongrels.

You playing dumb don't you know in the USA men have six an seven wives living in the same house with bout 19 children maybe it's not the norm but it happens so hold off on the rhetoric we no what gives with the mid east.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Like I said, China and India are next to Host World Cups
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2010, 12:14:39 PM »
We are seeing a fundamental shift in world football politics. China will follow in 2026 and then India will be next.

FIFA has taken the step to bring Russia into the framework to start the ball rolling. Don't be surprised if you see major investment and development in Football in Russia, China and India over the next 15 years.

It will eventually shift power in world football to the east because of the investment and sheer population size of the nations involved.

It is not a surprise that Russia got the WC, nor a surprise that the eastern nations who hold power will follow. Based on their economics and also population. FIFA is also thinking of the tv rights, merchandising and windfall profits that will be generated having Russia, China and India actively apart of world football.

But they are also cognisant of these nations taking a dominating position in the future of football as well. I think Russia hosting the world cup is a significant turning point in the football world. 

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Like I said, China and India are next to Host World Cups
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »
We are seeing a fundamental shift in world football politics. China will follow in 2026 and then India will be next.

FIFA has taken the step to bring Russia into the framework to start the ball rolling. Don't be surprised if you see major investment and development in Football in Russia, China and India over the next 15 years.

It will eventually shift power in world football to the east because of the investment and sheer population size of the nations involved.

It is not a surprise that Russia got the WC, nor a surprise that the eastern nations who hold power will follow. Based on their economics and also population. FIFA is also thinking of the tv rights, merchandising and windfall profits that will be generated having Russia, China and India actively apart of world football.

But they are also cognisant of these nations taking a dominating position in the future of football as well. I think Russia hosting the world cup is a significant turning point in the football world. 
If Qatar got 2022, neither China nor India  will get 2026.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2010, 12:24:25 PM »

people were saying qatar were the long shot and would never get it, this is not about region anymore, its about expansion and trust me, India and China will be submitting bids after 2022.

now there is a possibility that australia will get 2026 and then china and india will come into the framwork but the way power has been shifting i highly doubt china and india will be non factors 15 years from now
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:26:43 PM by Controversial »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2010, 12:49:55 PM »

people were saying qatar were the long shot and would never get it, this is not about region anymore, its about expansion and trust me, India and China will be submitting bids after 2022.

now there is a possibility that australia will get 2026 and then china and india will come into the framwork but the way power has been shifting i highly doubt china and india will be non factors 15 years from now

I am pretty sure CONCACAF would be the next best choice after 2022! Maybe Canada?  :devil:  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2010, 12:54:49 PM »
It is a truly remarkable feat they are doing.

It had no way USA coulda beat this proposal...

Oil and gas-rich Qatar, in contrast, appears to be standing, legs astride, mouth grinning, hands beckoning. It is offering to spend £25bn ($40bn) on a rail and metro system to transport fans around the peninsula. It is promising to dismantle its stadiums after the competition and transport them to poorer countries in the region.

All that is, to use the jargon du jour, the "vision".

Not unless Trinidad somehow magically moves to the middle east.

1]; } ?>