May 20, 2024, 10:55:56 AM

Poll

Which of the T&T Forwards left a lasting impression in this W.C.?

stern john
2 (3.5%)
kenwyne jones
5 (8.8%)
Cornell Glenn
50 (87.7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Warriors Strikers Lasting Impression...............  (Read 3852 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors Strikers Lasting Impression...............
« on: June 22, 2006, 04:27:09 PM »
I say despite all of stern johns scoring records,he never lived up to expectations,kenwyn jones has a future but lacks the explosion upfront,CORNELL GLENN A HIDDEN GEM THE LASTING IMPRESSION I wish him all the best in the future and a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him start upfront in 2010............... 

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors Strikers Lasting Impression...............
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 04:28:48 PM »
But ah find like you start a poll and answer it too.. :rotfl:

Glen all the way.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:02:39 PM »
glen and jones
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 08:39:43 PM »
If Stern can ressurect himself as a midfielder like Yorke, then he have a chance of making the 2010 team.  If not, it is all over for him.  What a shame! With Jones, Glen, Samuel, Wolfe, Sealy, Scotland, and who knos what 19 year old will make an impact, not much chance for Stern.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:55:49 PM »
a 25 year old latapy and stern's votes would of been tops i'll bet...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 09:07:53 PM »
umm
isnt this an obvious question????
everyone knows Glenn left the biggest impression out of the three ::) ::) ::)

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 09:08:58 PM »
umm

not from the vote though...have some other thoughts...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 09:09:50 PM »
If Stern can ressurect himself as a midfielder like Yorke, then he have a chance of making the 2010 team.  If not, it is all over for him.  What a shame! With Jones, Glen, Samuel, Wolfe, Sealy, Scotland, and who knos what 19 year old will make an impact, not much chance for Stern.

oh yeah....stern eh have half the quality to do that nah..i really doubt...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 09:11:24 PM »
Everyone around has been asking me about Number 13. Whats his name? Who he plays for? And all that. These are like 10-16 year old American kids. Plus the English, scottish, and irish lads are very impressed by him.  They just think he is amazing. They still laughing about how he ripped Ashley Cole.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »

by far glen. he played well and made opporunities for himself

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 04:39:38 AM »
umm

what i seeing here :o :o...a notorious glen hater admits that he left an impression...i surprise yuh didn't say #14 light it up... :rotfl: :rotfl:

sagapinto what we all have witnessed in T&T's three WC games (among other things) is the future of T&T football in the striking position(providing he doesn't catch a bad case of BIG HEADED SYNDROME)..who vex..bathe all yuh gyal and drink de water :devil:

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 09:03:37 PM »
umm

what i seeing here :o :o...a notorious glen hater admits that he left an impression...i surprise yuh didn't say #14 light it up... :rotfl: :rotfl:

sagapinto what we all have witnessed in T&T's three WC games (among other things) is the future of T&T football in the striking position(providing he doesn't catch a bad case of BIG HEADED SYNDROME)..who vex..bathe all yuh gyal and drink de water :devil:

sllow ur role padnah
i was never a Glenn hater!
de only thing i ever said and repeated about de man is that he should not start...he is good at coming off the bench and running at tired defenders
and i guess i was right...looking at the effects it caused on sweden and england

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 06:55:50 AM »
glen and jones both made lasting impresions,but they played different roles,jones held up the ball and drew defenders as well,which was what stern was suppose to be doing while glen ran at the defense with his pace

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 06:33:30 PM »
Right now Glen agent need to start shopping for a European team for de boy.  He look good up front.  Great pace and nice skill.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 09:45:23 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 06:49:25 PM »
everyone knows glenn was de man who came an made a great impression
john and jones did very little

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 07:02:10 PM »
Right now Glan agent need to start shopping for a European team for de boy.  He look good up front.  Great pace and nice skill.
lets just hope he will still have all dat pace and skill after all dem re-occuring  injuries he picking up :-\

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 09:14:25 PM »
umm

sllow ur role padnah
i was never a Glenn hater!
de only thing i ever said and repeated about de man is that he should not start...he is good at coming off the bench and running at tired defenders
and i guess i was right...looking at the effects it caused on sweden and england

But that still sounds like a suttle dislike somehow,what you're saying exactly is, he's only good coming off the bench only to make good showing against tired defenders,that is an insult if I ever heard one,and what happens if he plays the full 90mins as he was attempting to do against paraguay,getting the first chance to score with a wicked header.

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 04:19:00 AM »
Glenn all de way. Not to sure about Jones. Looks promising for the future. But he needs to make him self a regular goal scorer for Southampton (or whoever he plays for next) before he can be considered a real goal threat.

John, verrrrrry disappointed. Lots of experience, lots of goals under his belt, but he was poor. I dont know if it was tactical, if he was un-fit, or if he was just over-awed and froze.  ???  But I was at de match versus Paraguay, and some fellas felt like taking he shiny red boots and pelting him at times.  :rotfl: . But we need goal scorers to progress at this level. Defensively as a unit we are competent enough. Its was just goals we needed V paraguay.

1]; } ?>