May 08, 2024, 05:04:29 AM

Author Topic: Any Chance that Beenhaaker will be back to coach our boys?  (Read 9901 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: We shoulda keep Bennie!
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »
Baygo Boy seriously tho, beenie played a massive part in us getting to the world cup. did you see us play b4 he took over? and then after? come na man

Ah find yuh...This hide and go seek kinda thing fuh yuh own lil tread, I ent able wit that tonight nah. ;D Ah thought they delete meh tread yes…yuh know how they glad! Them Moderator and them like bad police in Trinidad.
 :flamethrower:
Baygo Boy wife bring him back to he senses man. Is not just Baygo...it have nuff people who think the same way. I believe if we flash ah nice piece ah money to tha man Beenie we could get him to come back for one more run. :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 07:16:38 PM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Baygo,  first, I appreciate your sense of humor and I am glad you realized that I meant no malice.  Having said that, you forgot that when Beenie took over the team we had won one game and lost three, games and were at the bottom of the six-team table.  After he took over we only two games and won all the others.  He had to get the team to gel and play his style and believe in his strategy.  The team he used was very different to the one started by Bertille St. Clair.  Angus Eve who scored in the first game against the US was never used by Beenie.  Latapy was used strategically, not every minute, every game.  He switched goalkeeper to Kelvin Jack and brought in Birchall as a defensive midfielder.  He used Yorke in the defense and not as a striker.  He used Cornell Glen's speed as a strategic forward to keep defenses honest.  These are some of the subtle changes that Beenie adopted.  Don't forget he had the guts to leave Latas off the field in Bahrain correctly recognizing that because of his age he was more useful in short intervals.  He molded a team that was more like a collection of great players before he came and detected the leadership qualities of Yorke.  He rightly kept Marvin off and used Sancho to great effect because he was faster, and fitter and is a great tackler.  The defense was remarkably changed under Beenie.  They played that way.  Beenie deserves his due.  Why didn't anyone else do it for 50 years?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Baygo,  first, I appreciate your sense of humor and I am glad you realized that I meant no malice.  Having said that, you forgot that when Beenie took over the team we had won one game and lost three, games and were at the bottom of the six-team table.  After he took over we only two games and won all the others.  He had to get the team to gel and play his style and believe in his strategy.  The team he used was very different to the one started by Bertille St. Clair.  Angus Eve who scored in the first game against the US was never used by Beenie.  Latapy was used strategically, not every minute, every game.  He switched goalkeeper to Kelvin Jack and brought in Birchall as a defensive midfielder.  He used Yorke in the defense and not as a striker.  He used Cornell Glen's speed as a strategic forward to keep defenses honest.  These are some of the subtle changes that Beenie adopted.  Don't forget he had the guts to leave Latas off the field in Bahrain correctly recognizing that because of his age he was more useful in short intervals.  He molded a team that was more like a collection of great players before he came and detected the leadership qualities of Yorke.  He rightly kept Marvin off and used Sancho to great effect because he was faster, and fitter and is a great tackler.  The defense was remarkably changed under Beenie.  They played that way.  Beenie deserves his due.  Why didn't anyone else do it for 50 years?

just a small correction there bredda, when beenie took over we had lost 2 and drawn 1

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any Chance that Beenhaaker will be back to coach our boys?
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2008, 08:10:48 PM »
We had 1 pt wit dis fella we eh go reach d hex plus we need Sancho in defence Hislop 2 lame
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2008, 08:31:57 PM »
Yeah fellas we need a tactition, I concerned about this coach.  It seems like he is a first round coach that will get fired soon.  At least we have more matches to play and gauge now.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2008, 08:36:55 PM »

I don't see any hope in...that the 'B' man coming back. TTFF run  he partner outta town; nah Beenhaaker 's magic moment in TNT is caught in time not to be repeated. If we have to repeat, it will have to be under the tutelage of someone else.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2008, 09:04:11 PM »

I don't see any hope in...that the 'B' man coming back. TTFF run  he partner outta town; nah Beenhaaker 's magic moment in TNT is caught in time not to be repeated. If we have to repeat, it will have to be under the tutelage of someone else.

Show him ah suit case stacked with Euro's nah not even us...they monie to small. ;D Tell meh if he ent go come back? Monie talks in this football thing Ms. Lady. Show him thee monie. :)

Leh meh add to this post...ah thrash bag ah monie with much more to come. Refuse that nah. :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 09:10:00 PM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2008, 09:32:07 PM »
We had 1 pt wit dis fella we eh go reach d hex plus we need Sancho in defence Hislop 2 lame

Bring back the Wimp.
 The more you talk the the less you know about football.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2008, 09:43:07 PM »
YES Fish I waitin on u 2 educate me Hislop a big man doh even try 2 go forward 4 corners. I know more than u tink. I smart enough 2 recognize when a coach was givin a raw deal but u standn by your spanish man dat is your choice.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2008, 09:52:29 PM »
beenhakker served his purpose and was good for the time being, he made some mistakes in the world cup, mind you our team only started winning when latas came back into the fold... people seem to forget that not so minor detail of 06' qualifying'

God is de BOSS....

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2008, 06:50:53 AM »
beenhakker served his purpose and was good for the time being, he made some mistakes in the world cup, mind you our team only started winning when latas came back into the fold... people seem to forget that not so minor detail of 06' qualifying'

God is de BOSS....

It's true that Yorkie and Latas came back under Beenie so he had better talent to work with. BUT, you have to realize that it was his reputation as a world class coach that even got these two heroes to come back into the fold. I don't think they would have been motivated to come back under Bertille.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2008, 07:04:35 AM »
I am thankful for Beenhakker contribution to our last campaign but dont see why so many people are crying for a coach that has not shown any interest in returning to the helm of our national team...

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Baygo,  first, I appreciate your sense of humor and I am glad you realized that I meant no malice.  Having said that, you forgot that when Beenie took over the team we had won one game and lost three, games and were at the bottom of the six-team table.  After he took over we lost only two games and won all the others.  He had to get the team to gel and play his style and believe in his strategy.  The team he used was very different to the one started by Bertille St. Clair.  Angus Eve who scored in the first game against the US was never used by Beenie.  Latapy was used strategically, not every minute, every game.  He switched goalkeeper to Kelvin Jack and brought in Birchall as a defensive midfielder.  He used Yorke in the defense and not as a striker.  He used Cornell Glen's speed as a strategic forward to keep defenses honest.  These are some of the subtle changes that Beenie adopted.  Don't forget he had the guts to leave Latas off the field in Bahrain correctly recognizing that because of his age he was more useful in short intervals.  He molded a team that was more like a collection of great players before he came and detected the leadership qualities of Yorke.  He rightly kept Marvin off and used Sancho to great effect because he was faster, and fitter and is a great tackler.  The defense was remarkably changed under Beenie.  They played that way.  Beenie deserves his due.  Why didn't anyone else do it for 50 years?

just a small correction there bredda, when beenie took over we had lost 2 and drawn 1

Another small correction...in the hex under Beenie we lost 3 games and won the rest. We lost 1-0 away to USA ( a great result considering we conceded the goal in the first 2 minutes, and played almost the entire game with 10 men) , 2-0 away to Costa Rica and 2-0 away to Mexico
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:13:26 AM by Michael-j »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Baygo,  first, I appreciate your sense of humor and I am glad you realized that I meant no malice.  Having said that, you forgot that when Beenie took over the team we had won one game and lost three, games and were at the bottom of the six-team table.  After he took over we lost only two games and won all the others.  He had to get the team to gel and play his style and believe in his strategy.  The team he used was very different to the one started by Bertille St. Clair.  Angus Eve who scored in the first game against the US was never used by Beenie.  Latapy was used strategically, not every minute, every game.  He switched goalkeeper to Kelvin Jack and brought in Birchall as a defensive midfielder.  He used Yorke in the defense and not as a striker.  He used Cornell Glen's speed as a strategic forward to keep defenses honest.  These are some of the subtle changes that Beenie adopted.  Don't forget he had the guts to leave Latas off the field in Bahrain correctly recognizing that because of his age he was more useful in short intervals.  He molded a team that was more like a collection of great players before he came and detected the leadership qualities of Yorke.  He rightly kept Marvin off and used Sancho to great effect because he was faster, and fitter and is a great tackler.  The defense was remarkably changed under Beenie.  They played that way.  Beenie deserves his due.  Why didn't anyone else do it for 50 years?

Another small correction...in the hex under Beenie we lost 3 games and won the rest. We lost 1-0 away to USA ( a great result considering we conceded the goal in the first 2 minutes, and played almost the entire game with 10 men) , 2-0 away to Costa Rica and 2-0 away to Mexico

Thanks for the correction.  That even strengthens my argument that without him at that time, we would have never qualified.  But that was that!  He ent coming back and we have to get used to that, though I am not sure Maturana is the man to take us to SA 2010. Good coach but his match strategy seems suspect.  Time is short and the US, Cuba, and Guatemala are no pushovers.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline salsero

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2008, 10:06:45 AM »
Get real Warrior fans, why should a guy with a resume as Beenhakker come to coach a country that whose soccer infrustructure is so below standard. In a country where it's world cup heroes did not get payed, whose fotball stadiums are sub standard, whose Government does not give adequate support to it's Football programs. Countries like Guatemala and Mexico Etc eat sleep and breathe soccer and are better funded in their football programs than T&T. Even though T&T boasts(According to CNN) the fastest growing economy in the Carribean and Latin America. I think T&T should  hire some lower costing Foreign Coaches(Dutch, Russian etc) and start a system from the youth to the highest level, rather than applying these quick fixes. Trinidad has amazing talent, but it needs high level direction and support from it's Government. Go Warriors

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2008, 11:03:11 AM »
Wasnt Yorke here from the first qualifier?? I seem to recall him having a say in Beenie's selection...anyways Beenie not coming back, and Maturana is not gonna do the job, we can only hope that the admin seein what we seein and start lookin for a viable replacement( not Anton)

1]; } ?>