May 14, 2024, 02:02:38 AM

Author Topic: MEXICO V USA  (Read 5882 times)

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: MEXICO V USA
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 11:57:20 AM »
i really doh see T&T beatin these two teams no time soon.....we hatta fight up wit Jamaica, Costa Rica, Guatemala etc.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 12:05:34 PM »
I went to this game last night. Wife bought de tickets online and yuh get to choose whether yuh for Mex or USA. So I thought we were sitting on de US side. Dred, dat was a home game for Mex. De opposite side was only Green. My side was bout 80% green. Lil fight break out when dey disallow Dempsey goal. 1 fella with he face paint red/white/blue, in de middle of a sea of Mexicans. I say he have to be drunk.

Mex #10 was poison, turning on a dime. Mex real carve up some space in US defense and had by far, the better attacking plays. Mex ran more, passed quicker and better and played with more purpose. Not that the US was bad, but Mex was on their game.

As an obvious non-hispanic, dem Mexicans obviously took me for American. Out of respect, me, wife and de 3 kids stand up for de Mex Anthem. When de US anthem start, all de mex dem near me, turn to face us and purposely sit down. Well I start to laugh, cause I thinking, all-yuh eh offendin me. I like my shit eh, but with wife and kids dey, I tell miself I eh go "F" with dem too much. When US score, I start to celebrate, just to "F" with dem lil bit. Mih lil son was all up on de seats celebrating. But on de whole, I like to see good ball play, doh matter who, so when Mex score, I applaud. Next thing, ah fella (Mex) put ah beer in my hand and sit down right nex to me. From dey, was me and he back and forth. Nice experience. Real F-in noise in dat indoor stadium, non-stop.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 12:11:31 PM »
I went to this game last night. Wife bought de tickets online and yuh get to choose whether yuh for Mex or USA. So I thought we were sitting on de US side. Dred, dat was a home game for Mex. De opposite side was only Green. My side was bout 80% green. Lil fight break out when dey disallow Dempsey goal. 1 fella with he face paint red/white/blue, in de middle of a sea of Mexicans. I say he have to be drunk.

Mex #10 was poison, turning on a dime. Mex real carve up some space in US defense and had by far, the better attacking plays. Mex ran more, passed quicker and better and played with more purpose. Not that the US was bad, but Mex was on their game.

As an obvious non-hispanic, dem Mexicans obviously took me for American. Out of respect, me, wife and de 3 kids stand up for de Mex Anthem. When de US anthem start, all de mex dem near me, turn to face us and purposely sit down. Well I start to laugh, cause I thinking, all-yuh eh offendin me. I like my shit eh, but with wife and kids dey, I tell miself I eh go "F" with dem too much. When US score, I start to celebrate, just to "F" with dem lil bit. Mih lil son was all up on de seats celebrating. But on de whole, I like to see good ball play, doh matter who, so when Mex score, I applaud. Next thing, ah fella (Mex) put ah beer in my hand and sit down right nex to me. From dey, was me and he back and forth. Nice experience. Real F-in noise in dat indoor stadium, non-stop.

me and you nearly cross paths dred...fuh ah second I considered delaying mih return to check dis one out.  How Reliant Stadium strike yuh, from ah footballing standpoint?

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 12:37:35 PM »

Bakes doh mind he...if he wife and chirren wasn't dey..is pure Mexican bamsee he wining on....he get ketch, de wife take front and buy tickets or else is he alone dey in ah green shirt...he get ketch!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 01:04:12 PM »

Bakes doh mind he...if he wife and chirren wasn't dey..is pure Mexican bamsee he wining on....he get ketch, de wife take front and buy tickets or else is he alone dey in ah green shirt...he get ketch!

How yuh bussin' de man files so...suppose wifey is ah peeper  :o

:rotfl:

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 01:08:46 PM »

me and you nearly cross paths dred...fuh ah second I considered delaying mih return to check dis one out.  How Reliant Stadium strike yuh, from ah footballing standpoint?

Reliant NICE. De roof was closed, so it was real noise, real excitement and even more so because of the rivalry. From walking up to the Stadium to walking out, it was real tense because dem Mexicans was loud, vocal and PATRIOTIC. And again, since they obviously mistook me for American, they directed their taunts my way. But you know me Dred... I wish I had a frickin US flag to wave back in dey face. De US flag I does put up for Memorial and Veterans day, too big. LOL

If we'd talked, maybe I woulde try to persuade yuh to come thru.

TT, yuh eh lie... boy, ah see... anyway... I know better than to get into dat on de forum. LOL

I hope they play some of the WCQ here though.
Toujour Pret!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 01:20:10 PM »
Slates, de man yuh talking bout is Bofo Bautista, a player dey ex-coach declined to pick for Germany. He played a few months back too in the previous game versus de US ... buh that set-up was differently structured with Cuauhtemoc Blanco in the mix. He's a player that should leave the country buh dat is something that has been on and off again ... ah eh know if it's inconsistency or jes comfortable he comfortable in Mexico.

I am a fan of the MEX national team but for some inexplicable reason ah cyah stand more than drops at a time of the MEX league. Iz something ah actively trying to resolve.

Anyway, if Hugo Sanchez keeps him at this level of responsibility it could be tears and curtains for many. Mexico has so many assets and they are a model for incorporating young players. I think they do this better than any country in CONCACAF.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 01:56:51 PM »
Slates, de man yuh talking bout is Bofo Bautista, a player dey ex-coach declined to pick for Germany. He played a few months back too in the previous game versus de US ... buh that set-up was differently structured with Cuauhtemoc Blanco in the mix. He's a player that should leave the country buh dat is something that has been on and off again ... ah eh know if it's inconsistency or jes comfortable he comfortable in Mexico.

I am a fan of the MEX national team but for some inexplicable reason ah cyah stand more than drops at a time of the MEX league. Iz something ah actively trying to resolve.

Anyway, if Hugo Sanchez keeps him at this level of responsibility it could be tears and curtains for many. Mexico has so many assets and they are a model for incorporating young players. I think they do this better than any country in CONCACAF.

Dat youth, de #10, look like a real boss last night. At one time, it seems like Onyewu just decide to run him over whenever he get the ball, because they had to answer for him. Then the #7, was creating space for himself and causing the defence real headaches on the left of the attacking third. Don't know his name either. But the place got deffening when they announced that Dos Santos was coming on. But he didn't real do anything much. I hated to see the #10 get subbed, because he was the MOM in my opinion.

I kept thinking, if these men play like that, quick, crisp, one-touch passes, they will mash-up a T&T defence. I was surprised at how they would disect the US defense, much easier than I expected. If Mex was bent on long range shooting (from outside the 18), they would have had many, many chances. But one thing aout the US, the may not play the most attractive ball, but they are difficult to beat.

Don't know if you saw it on TV, but Tim Howard put some licks on a Mex forward. While that was happening, someone got hurt at the opposite end of the field so I suppose the cameras would have been on that instead. Howard tackled the youth and took the ball, then he quickly released it down the wing. The youth apparently ran into Howard after Howard released the ball. Next thing, yuh know, Howard went down, but immediately, he grabbed the youth legs and flipped him to the ground and hit him bout 3 hurry hands real real quick. I was sure he was going to get a Red, but I was so absorbed watching that, that I didn't notice Ref, Linesmen and everybody else down the field in Mex half, concentrating on a player on the ground. Otherwise, Howard was getting a Red for sure.
Toujour Pret!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 02:39:35 PM »
Yeah, I saw the scuffle. That was a major oversight by the officials. Interesting to note, the fourth official was American. Found that curious, but then again, the ref involved in the URU v COL was Uruguayan. In a major tournament situation this would have raised issues akin to Zidane/Materazzi. Forgot about that until you mentioned it, buh then again, de real dissection of the match didn't start until your eyewitness account.

My take on Gio dos Santos is slightly different. I think he kinda sorta achieved what Hugo wanted from him. If yuh check it, with the ball at his feet and in motion he's unstoppable. His initial problem was gehhin a measure of the ball in a timing for the trailing player to run onto ... from what I recall ... these passes were either too 'lengthy' or too 'short ' - based on how the trailer crashed or stepped into the ball ... Then he did have a lil sequence with BofoSinha where they were playing tighter in squeezed space on the right ... but to his credit he tried several different approaches in the short period he was on ... IMV he gets credit for drawing 2 possibly 3 fouls in that time... in key, potentially dangerous locations ... A nex ting to consider is that Hugo made 4 changes back to back ... for a brief portion that unbalanced the scene as the team adjusted.

De #7 is Arce. Gave a solid account of himself. That youth man who tore up the '05 U-17 WC with Gio ... Carlos Vela didn't do badly at all ... Mexico had problems with defending flighted balls into the 18 or on top of it, but looked decent in transitioning. You probably could talk on how the height advantage held by the Americans (Onyewu and Altidore) seemed to work in that respect.

One of the things Americans like is driven balls and I fully expect to see that kind of defensive battle in the air during qualifying.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 07:29:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 03:09:40 PM »

Reliant NICE. De roof was closed, so it was real noise, real excitement and even more so because of the rivalry. From walking up to the Stadium to walking out, it was real tense because dem Mexicans was loud, vocal and PATRIOTIC. And again, since they obviously mistook me for American, they directed their taunts my way. But you know me Dred... I wish I had a frickin US flag to wave back in dey face. De US flag I does put up for Memorial and Veterans day, too big. LOL

If we'd talked, maybe I woulde try to persuade yuh to come thru.

TT, yuh eh lie... boy, ah see... anyway... I know better than to get into dat on de forum. LOL

I hope they play some of the WCQ here though.

I guarantee yuh they won't be playing any qualifiers against Mexico down dey  :rotfl:  but yeah, Reliant supposed tuh be one ah de showcase stadia now, and supposedly DC own go be even nicer.  I juss happy that they decide tuh build it in Anacostia, on de riverfront too.  If ah had money ah go dey now and buy up some property.

So Howard cuff up de yute eh? Lol... he eh know Howard does kick ball in ah ruffian league or wha'...whey wrong wid he?

Ah go make ah turn down your side by summer if not sooner man...ah like de li'l vibes dat ah experience, although ah sure it different by you.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 07:56:47 PM »
i surprised i eh see nobody mention how Tim Howard look like he was ready to trip!!!

after the lil scuffle on the ground with Di Nigirs in the 2nd half, they zoomed in on him and the man was twitching. bout 4 or  times!
look jokey but scary at d same time

what that could be ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 08:06:15 PM »
well he has tourette's buh i eh know the significance of that relative to what you referring to

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 08:07:07 PM »
i surprised i eh see nobody mention how Tim Howard look like he was ready to trip!!!

after the lil scuffle on the ground with Di Nigirs in the 2nd half, they zoomed in on him and the man was twitching. bout 4 or  times!

what that could be ?

like he have a hidden demon lock up lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 12:05:06 AM »

what that could be ?

Shit ent funny fella...de man have an neurological disorder.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 09:22:06 AM »

what that could be ?

ummmm that demon is called tourette's syndrome.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>