May 14, 2024, 09:55:34 AM

Author Topic: Latapy appointed Player/Coach of National Senior Team.  (Read 18850 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who making the call on Latas playing time and what if!!
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
No!! Latas was not disrespected.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2008, 08:45:48 PM »
If Latas say he want to play for this amount of time and Maturana have different ideas who leading who.

So far some of the selecting by Maturana just tell me that he don't know our players and one key factor to a coach's success is to know his players.

A good example is how could Maturana leave a veteran like Denis L on the bench vs US and we got goals from crosses, in which DL height would have been a factor on those crosses.

In Latas case is just how much say he would have in the main decisions, and what if Latas think that he needs to play and Maturana don't think so we would have a problem.

We all can remember what happen with Beenie and Latas in the last WC and when he finally decide to give Latas a sweat vs Paraguay, it shows that Latas probably could have got us to the second round if he had played from the beginning. I just hope they work things out before and Latas get to have some kind of control.

Coach I eh mean no disrespeck, forumites go know I doh go down dat road ...but you is really ah coach ?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »
Stern and latas could destroy any team ! providing they come off the bench for the last 30 mins . them men don't produce as much when they're starting.

now i don't know if it's psycological or lack of interest, but if yuh run them in the last 3rd of the game them boys will produce tenfold. JMO though.

let the youngons do all the breaking down, and then bring the wrecking balls in to finish the job. boom !!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy appointed Player/Coach of National Senior Team.
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »
Palos, yuh come good dey. Niceness.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2008, 11:40:08 PM »
Many of us here grow up looking at Latapy play and have great respect for what he has done. Many of the players on and around the National team most likely only heard off Latapy in his prime and may have for a short spell been around or play with him. Do you think that the younger players will accept Latapy as "the massiah" and buy into the motivational aspect he (Latapy) may bring to the organization? Granted Latapy better than most of them at 40, but realistically the youth of today think differently than those of yesteryear. Everyone is a star and does not need a "has been" to teach them anything. They may try to show they are actually better than Latapy leading to counter production.

I just trying to add a different perspective to this whole thing going on now. I believe this the wrong time to bring Latapy into the set up.

Elan, ah hear yuh but I have to disagree. What is sad is that he may be on the team because we don't have a legit playmaker. If he can provide motivation for the 06 team he can certainly do it here. However, I like you would have preferred to not have to resort to him at 40.

I disagree.  In my opinion, we do have a legit playmaker.  But he playin left wing right now.

Palos, permit me to change the word legit to "top quality"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2008, 01:32:41 AM »
Many of us here grow up looking at Latapy play and have great respect for what he has done. Many of the players on and around the National team most likely only heard off Latapy in his prime and may have for a short spell been around or play with him. Do you think that the younger players will accept Latapy as "the massiah" and buy into the motivational aspect he (Latapy) may bring to the organization? Granted Latapy better than most of them at 40, but realistically the youth of today think differently than those of yesteryear. Everyone is a star and does not need a "has been" to teach them anything. They may try to show they are actually better than Latapy leading to counter production.

I just trying to add a different perspective to this whole thing going on now. I believe this the wrong time to bring Latapy into the set up.

Elan, ah hear yuh but I have to disagree. What is sad is that he may be on the team because we don't have a legit playmaker. If he can provide motivation for the 06 team he can certainly do it here. However, I like you would have preferred to not have to resort to him at 40.

I disagree.  In my opinion, we do have a legit playmaker.  But he playin left wing right now.

Palos, permit me to change the word legit to "top quality"

All he need is opporunity and time breds.  Truss meh on dat.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2008, 03:00:08 AM »
Stern and latas could destroy any team ! providing they come off the bench for the last 30 mins . them men don't produce as much when they're starting.

now i don't know if it's psycological or lack of interest, but if yuh run them in the last 3rd of the game them boys will produce tenfold. JMO though.

let the youngons do all the breaking down, and then bring the wrecking balls in to finish the job. boom !!!!!!
         :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:I like this plan,why don't you tex/send it to Pacho may be he run out of ideas or don't know how to use players,all you good yes.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2008, 04:13:05 AM »
Jack move over

Is The Power of the People who made it all possible

If the Magician did not love his country it would not happen

Jack remember this

PEOPLE   POWER

Too   RAS

No Worries

Just Love

Count I will take the job but I still want you to know I want my backpay....

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Now that Latas is Back, What Happens to Guerra, Dwarika, Jemmott?
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2008, 06:15:57 AM »
its great news to hear Latas is back as a player coach but what happens to players like guerra, who is under 22 years old, dwarika who is still able to play and is under 33 and jemmott who they were saying was training with caledonia who is also under 30 years of age?

I think Latas will call upon these players in the near future to guide the midfield ship, which is much needed, hopefully latas steps into a permamnent coaching role and identifies creative midfielders as a replacement for himself. Latas being from laventille will understand that youths like Guerra who have the talent was being left out by the Corneal regime, lets hope some positive selections are the result of Latas presence on the team as he supports Maturana.  :beermug:

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Now that Latas is Back, What Happens to Guerra, Dwarika, Jemmott?
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2008, 06:24:31 AM »
On de block I think someone hacked into your account...

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2008, 06:31:04 AM »
On de block I think someone hacked into your account...

:devil: nah TI dont have the password

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2008, 08:11:21 AM »
This soap opera is much better dan Dallas and Falcon Crest on their best days!!! Dis OJT thing is real drama.  Good luck Latapy cause you have roughly 3 weeks to make sense out of non-sense.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2008, 02:21:55 PM »
its great news to hear Latas is back as a player coach but what happens to players like guerra, who is under 22 years old, dwarika who is still able to play and is under 33 and jemmott who they were saying was training with caledonia who is also under 30 years of age?

I think Latas will call upon these players in the near future to guide the midfield ship, which is much needed, hopefully latas steps into a permamnent coaching role and identifies creative midfielders as a replacement for himself. Latas being from laventille will understand that youths like Guerra who have the talent was being left out by the Corneal regime, lets hope some positive selections are the result of Latas presence on the team as he supports Maturana.  :beermug:
Breddren , no disrespect to dwarika, but when last you saw him play ? if yuh seen him lately then you wouldn't make that statement, i've seen him twice in the last month, and his performance was horrid !!

i thought kick away cyde was the turn over king until i saw his (dwarika) last two performances against NE revolution and the montreal impact. ain't no way he could make more of an impact than ah 40yr old latas as a play maker and ah ball distributor.

as for guerra , i like him, and even though i've never seen him play, to many football addicts gave ah positive revue on him for me to think other wise.     

IMO, he needs more time in the oven, let him get ah 15 mins here and ah 15 there so he could be groomed properly.

all in all, latas 30 mins ah game would produce greater results than any play maker we have to date, even @ 55yrs old. ;)                            positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2008, 03:37:10 PM »

How much birthpapers Dwarika have to be under 33?

Dwarika is easily 35 pushing 36...and since when is 33 a benchmark age to be under?

I hadn't seen Arnold play for some time and I actually asked the same question of a pardner of mine....then I watched him play against N.E. Rev....and I think if Dwarika was a little more mobile and physical he could still help us out....but Dwarika come like Valderrama now man...a kinda stand up and chook player....That is 70's and 80's football breds...that kinda amateur football doh cut it at the highest level again.  His passing seems to have gotten kinda suspect too...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »
Dwarika turn 35 last month...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2008, 03:50:11 PM »
Dwarika turn 35 last month...

Just checked- Wiki have him born Feb 23rd 1973....

But then again how much anniversary and birthday bash Doctor Hyde iz throw per year tuh .... so ah guess anything is possible.  ;D

Edit: socawarriors.net have him at Aug 23rd 1973.... So ah guess the original question about his birthpapers was more appropriate than I thought....  :D

Either way he's 35....
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:53:18 PM by kicker »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »
I could swear Dwarika make his national debut as a 17 yr old in 1992 but then again who is me? Maybe Wikipedia right.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »

Breddren , no disrespect to dwarika, but when last you saw him play ? if yuh seen him lately then you wouldn't make that statement, i've seen him twice in the last month, and his performance was horrid !!

i thought kick away cyde was the turn over king until i saw his (dwarika) last two performances against NE revolution and the montreal impact. ain't no way he could make more of an impact than ah 40yr old latas as a play maker and ah ball distributor.

as for guerra , i like him, and even though i've never seen him play, to many football addicts gave ah positive revue on him for me to think other wise.     

IMO, he needs more time in the oven, let him get ah 15 mins here and ah 15 there so he could be groomed properly.

all in all, latas 30 mins ah game would produce greater results than any play maker we have to date, even @ 55yrs old. ;)                            positive.

When was the last time alyuh see Latas play?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2008, 04:36:43 PM »

I cyar believe you serious on this JC, 30 mins for proven players (the least Latas should play is 70 mins ) Stern is a threat  to score from the time de whistle blow to start the game. JC ah realize yuh really hook on de youths,but yuh have to be real here ,they are not ready and cannot take us out of this round.Their main accomplishment was a win over Cuba (ah rank shit side ). IMO we look like we din have ah clue about the game against the US . The time for expierementing is over ,according to Obama ENOUGH !! Time to use the players that have proven they could get us to a WC.The youths will have 2014 to look forward to and should be well primed when their turn comes, but right now we need Latas,Birchall,DY,Stern,DL,Scottland,Avery,Whitley,Spann,Sancho .
Is pure dotishness by Maturana to have a healthy Stern John and not select him ,we do not have another striker that could deliver like SJ ,and that is a plain and simple fact. #14 haters argument was always ''nobody doh get a chance to show dey could score becuse Stern always starting''.. Well dah argument is boo now as others have gotten their chance and have shown they not ready .This doh mean we football dead after #14 hang up he boots, as someone so ignorantly asked in another thread, but while he's playing we do not have another that come close to providing the goals we need to qualify. Yuh ever hear de saying beat the iron while it hot ..well we need to use our best players now. :beermug:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2008, 05:18:11 PM »

I cyar believe you serious on this JC, 30 mins for proven players (the least Latas should play is 70 mins ) Stern is a threat  to score from the time de whistle blow to start the game. JC ah realize yuh really hook on de youths,but yuh have to be real here ,they are not ready and cannot take us out of this round.Their main accomplishment was a win over Cuba (ah rank shit side ). IMO we look like we din have ah clue about the game against the US . The time for expierementing is over ,according to Obama ENOUGH !! Time to use the players that have proven they could get us to a WC.The youths will have 2014 to look forward to and should be well primed when their turn comes, but right now we need Latas,Birchall,DY,Stern,DL,Scottland,Avery,Whitley,Spann,Sancho .
Is pure dotishness by Maturana to have a healthy Stern John and not select him ,we do not have another striker that could deliver like SJ ,and that is a plain and simple fact. #14 haters argument was always ''nobody doh get a chance to show dey could score becuse Stern always starting''.. Well dah argument is boo now as others have gotten their chance and have shown they not ready .This doh mean we football dead after #14 hang up he boots, as someone so ignorantly asked in another thread, but while he's playing we do not have another that come close to providing the goals we need to qualify. Yuh ever hear de saying beat the iron while it hot ..well we need to use our best players now. :beermug:
First of all berris , thanx for not cussing meh out :devil:. ah glad yuh deal wid yuh bredder on ah humble vibes, much appreciated.

berris , i real like stern john, BC no stern john = no WC ever!! the bredder is truly ah legend. all i was saying is stern is more of ah threat when he comes of the bench ,and was not implying that he's not ah threat from the start, like you said, stern is ah threat from the whistle blow which is so true.

what i mean't to say was, after  KJ and roberts/ glenn break down the defence, ah fresh pair of sterntininio legs would reap havoc, but i was in no wise implying that stern should not start .it was just ah strategy i thought should be considered. no disrespect to the LEGEND.   :beermug:                           positive.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:54:13 AM by just cool »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »
Greetings to and all. Well yuh boi eh gone against de forum, ah just running too crazy to even sign in here. Yuh boi and de crew, we just trying tuh make a lil paper, while it is there. Hopefully by de grace of de man above, beyond 11/04/08, things will be blessed and going in de right direction so we here cud continue tuh get some more paper (give thanks every day).

Well as usual ah doh have 2 much time, but meh boi took ah read and called meh on de cell about dis Latapy news. Well ah was in de middle of a serious meeting and when ah returned ah had ah big smile on meh face and meh mood totally changed for the other part of dat meeting. Well ah kind ah felt embarrassed in ah way, cuz people wouldn't understand dat is de Latapy news dat made my day, dey probably think ah went and smoke some thing and come back happy :-\.

Well Latapy, welcome back my lord. Yuh know as a player, Supa love yuh, love yuh, love yuh, like cook food. So wid dat said congratulations and all de best in achieving your goals and our national team goals. TI nothing against yuh eh family, but yuh know I does say it as it is, ah will not talk behind yuh back. So wid dat said, ah just want tuh remind yuh about yuh post yuh had about Latapy. Lol..de 40 yr old man yuh was talking about, he is back, just like Supa always been suggesting on dis forum. Ah hope when he does his job on de field and assist de team to reaching SF, you and others cud be responsible adults and admit dat you all were wrong wid you all posts and apologise not to me, but to Latapy.

Stern, ah cah forget yuh, dis is yuh boi Steve in Florida. Well best of luck on yuh recall meh breddah, I always believed in you leading our attack, in my opinion, you was and still is our number one striker. Ah yuh know dem other countries in CONCACAF will be worried, cuz dey know in situation like dis, yuh coming back wid blood in yuh eyes and dat is real problems for dem. Watch de ride people, member dat combination for our last WCQ, wid Latapy and Stern, member meh told yuh. Ince large yuh self to meh boi, dis is Steve from by Roy and Fats in Malonie, all de best to family.HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:05:52 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
Greetings to and all. Well yuh boi eh gone against de forum, ah just running too crazy to even sign in here. Yuh boi and de crew, we just trying tuh make a lil paper, while it is there. Hopefully by de grace of de man above, beyond 11/04/08, things will be blessed and going in de right direction so we here cud continue tuh get some more paper (give thanks every day).

Well as usual ah doh have 2 much time, but meh boi took ah read and called meh on de cell about dis Latapy news. Well ah was in de middle of a serious meeting and when ah returned ah had ah big smile on meh face and meh mood totally changed for the other part of dat meeting. Well ah kind ah felt embarrassed in ah way, cuz people wouldn't understand dat is de Latapy news dat made my day, dey probably think ah went and smoke some thing and come back happy :-\.

Well Latapy, welcome back my lord. Yuh know as a player, Supa love yuh, love yuh, love yuh, like cook food. So wid dat said congratulations and all de best in achieving your goals and our national team goals. TI nothing against yuh eh family, but yuh know I does say it as it is, ah will not talk behind yuh back. So wid dat said, ah just want tuh remind yuh about yuh post yuh had about Latapy. Lol..de 40 yr old man yuh was talking about, he is back, just like Supa always been suggesting on dis forum. Ah hope when he does his job on de field and assist de team to reaching SF, you and others cud be responsible adults and admit dat you all were wrong wid you all posts and apologise not to me, but to Latapy.

Stern, ah cah forget yuh, dis is yuh boi Steve in Florida. Well best of luck on yuh recall meh breddah, I always believed in you leading our attack, in my opinion, you was and still is our number one striker. Ah yuh know dem other countries in CONCACAF will be worried, cuz dey know in situation like dis, yuh coming back wid blood in yuh eyes and dat is real problems for dem. Watch de ride people, member dat combination for our last WCQ, wid Latapy and Stern, member meh told yuh. Ince large yuh self to meh boi, dis is Steve from by Roy and Fats in Malonie, all de best to family.HIGHLY BLESSED.

Welcome back SUPA!!! 

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2008, 08:07:53 AM »
Just Cool, I understand what yuh tryin to say about Stern and Latas in the last third of the game eh.

De problem with that is, by that time, de team will be in such a sink hole (with regards to the score line), that it go take Stern, Latas and JC (not you eh, the other JC) to pull we outta it.
Toujour Pret!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2008, 05:49:52 PM »

Welcome back SUPA!!! 

Ah sorry boi Kicker, ah late wid acknowledging yuh post (respect every time). Yuh see how ah showing up once ah week and thing, so forgive me bredda. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>