May 16, 2024, 05:36:18 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (06-Sept-2008).  (Read 66296 times)

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Florida Based! TT V Gautemala?
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2008, 06:07:28 PM »
Anyone know if any bars showing the game live?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (06-Sept-2008).
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2008, 06:51:42 PM »
Please tell meh this game going to be on TV. not necessarily online streaming (that will be besssssss), but showing on tv in Trinidad

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »
As d game in TNT we might c it delayed me eh know if Ruskin go bring it live
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Florida Based! TT V Gautemala?
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2008, 06:51:06 AM »
Anyone know if any bars showing the game live?

During the last Hex they had a few places carrying the game in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area.  Check the link here and try calling these places http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=3342.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:53:09 AM by arrow »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How much people allyuh feel go be in the Stadium on Saturday
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2008, 07:49:36 AM »
Coops d diehard peeps eh have d 200. D waggonist dem will turn up dependant on who in d pre game entertainment

If the die hard dont have 200 they should only be watching the EPL free on TV. It is sickening to hear so called die-hards bawling for 200 but will pay more than this for a reggae concert or a carnival fete. Jack shopuld raise it to a minimum of 500 and let only people who could financially support the national team turn up. I am fed up with these cheap complaining Trinbagonions who want everything for free.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2008, 09:22:55 AM »
Excuse me are u aware that school opens 2morrow and d cost 2 outfit a chile 4 school. U do not know d expense peeps have so doh b lambasting peeps when u eh know d financial position. So while dey eh hungry dey might just not have 200 2 go 2 a football game.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2008, 09:36:45 AM »
Excuse me are u aware that school opens 2morrow and d cost 2 outfit a chile 4 school. U do not know d expense peeps have so doh b lambasting peeps when u eh know d financial position. So while dey eh hungry dey might just not have 200 2 go 2 a football game.
Exactly! I AM SORRY BUT MODERN DAY SPORTS IS NOT FOR THE WEAK- POCKETED. That is just the reality. How do you think Dwight and Kenwyn and Carlos and the host of others get paid? By people who complain about $32 US? It is either you are a fan or a wannabe, you decide. In the meantime leave the wagonnists alone. They can afford it! Btw there is always the socawarriors website and radio. They are both free.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2008, 09:44:39 AM »
D waggonist eh d diehards in case u don't know and we are aware d poor folks eh payin KJ salary that being said man have priorities. D wk school openin dey may just have other tings 2 do wit that 200.

So it appears u have a problem wit peeps of ltd means because apparently d fact dat u cyah afford 2 pay d fee u is a wannabe

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2008, 10:16:47 AM »
Lets see if we could come to some conclusion here,how are prices for games set?is it international based on FIFA/CONCACAF or local Federation?is it based on what type of game?the thing is i agree and understand the reasons why people can't afford to go Football but if we are to take everything into consideration is best they let people go Football free because no price will ever be justified.The game of Football costs lots of money to produce/play because it makes even more money (business),it's the reality of the game take it or leave it,if we read Jamal's report on Guyana,how these people could support their national team?it's the same storey all over. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2008, 10:41:30 AM »
Coops me eh say like Sherwyn Winchester open d gate but yuh know your peeps from d north coast might have lil pressure 2 falk out a 200 4 dem games especially wit school opennin.

Now we all know d dates of d upcomin games but d TTFF could let d public know d dates in advance so u know dey could budget 4 d games. D vast majority of we here is middle class at least. So we eh have a clue how some peeps livin and as I say is 800 4 a family of 4 to go 2 d game when 2 yrs ago it was 400. I know personally a family stop goin because dey just cyah afford it dat mean they is wannabe fan. D man sleep outside HCS 4 d Bahrain game me eh do dat

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »
D waggonist eh d diehards in case u don't know and we are aware d poor folks eh payin KJ salary that being said man have priorities. D wk school openin dey may just have other tings 2 do wit that 200. So it appears u have a problem wit peeps of ltd means because apparently d fact dat u cyah afford 2 pay d fee u is a wannabe

Then do the things you are supposed to do. Set your priorties and stick to them. Meanwhile the TTFF have ther priority of bringing a game to the people and trying to make a profit at the same time. If you cant afford it then tough. Footballers have children too. Oh and btw the wagonnists are also the die-hard. Their priorities are set and it aint about complaining about small money. If you have ltd resources then budget and spend accordingly. MAybe watching football as a true die-hard aint your calling. Do you know how many wagonnists fly all over the world to see their heroes? Now these are real die-hards[/b not those looking for handouts..

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2008, 11:09:20 AM »
i man lookin tuh buy ah sweet sweet samsonite backpack in d mall d odder day fuh 500...200 over wat ah wanted tuh spen..ah tinkin ah tink..shoud i?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2008, 11:15:19 AM »
the real die-hards is the small man in the street who struggling to make ends meet yet still will find himself at every national game his pocket will allow, or still make sure to borrow ah express and read the sports section every day of the week...

i does ketch real kicks on all this 'dem is waggonist, i is die hard' chatter..

not because we have de time and resources to be posting on this forum every day, give us any kinda right to call ah next man ah waggonist..

In any case, why I must begrudge a man if he prefer to actively attend bigger and better matches, and if he values paying money when the product is better?

The is natural economics and that is his perogative.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »
Yes dey have priorities but u cyah say dem is wannabes because dey have it and since when stadium fees does pay players. Give me ah break

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2008, 11:50:19 AM »
the real die-hards is the small man in the street who struggling to make ends meet yet still will find himself at every national game his pocket will allow, or still make sure to borrow ah express and read the sports section every day of the week...

i does ketch real kicks on all this 'dem is waggonist, i is die hard' chatter..

not because we have de time and resources to be posting on this forum every day, give us any kinda right to call ah next man ah waggonist..

In any case, why I must begrudge a man if he prefer to actively attend bigger and better matches, and if he values paying money when the product is better?
The is natural economics and that is his perogative.

End of text.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »
Waggonist = which 1 is Yorke. Dem only at d game because is d social event of d day. Me eh grudgin them but me eh sleepin in from of d HCS 2 fight up wit dem. So once d 800-fans continue I happy like pappy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »
Waggonist = which 1 is Yorke. Dem only at d game because is d social event of d day. Me eh grudgin them but me eh sleepin in from of d HCS 2 fight up wit dem. So once d 800-fans continue I happy like pappy

lol

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2008, 01:39:24 PM »
Exactly! I AM SORRY BUT MODERN DAY SPORTS IS NOT FOR THE WEAK- POCKETED. That is just the reality. How do you think Dwight and Kenwyn and Carlos and the host of others get paid? By people who complain about $32 US? It is either you are a fan or a wannabe, you decide. In the meantime leave the wagonnists alone. They can afford it! Btw there is always the socawarriors website and radio. They are both free.

Jack Warner, is that you?

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »
People, let me put an end to dis bickering and online arguments:

$200 is not a bad price to pay for this match or any other WCQ.  Even though I amd many others can't afford to fork out $200 every time,  we would gladly spend $200 to go some all inclusive fete, buy a pair of sneakers that probably should be valued at $50, or entertain ourselves in whatever way we choose.  Yes it is hard to part with $200 these days especially with an inflation rate of 11.9% and climbing.

Waggonist are people who don't have a clue what going on in football but show up at de games for de  lime, entertainment and just to brag dat dey were at de games when Trinidad win and have another reason to go down Crobar.  If it weren't for the obvious Soca Warriors kit they wouldn't even know which is the Trinidad side.

There are waggonist who would pay $200 or $500 every time we are having one of these WCQ games  for the above reasons and would not sweat it.  There are waggonists who would not pay $200 to come to see T&T play Guatemala because in their mind dey think Guatemala is a small team we playing and dey will wait for when we play USA or Mexico.

There are de 'die hards' who unfortunately cannot afford the $200 and i really wish some arrangement could be made for them because these are the ones who will go de 'not so significant' games everytime.

There are the 'die hards' who could afford to pay the $200 and don't complain because they have sense to know that $200 for a WCQ is reasonable.

and then there is Jack Warner who will dig out we eye just to fill his pocket and could afford to sponsor the entire population of T&T to watch these game for free.

Which category do u fall in?  ;D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2008, 05:12:36 PM »
I don't mind paying $200.  However, I can't figure out the justification for $500 covered.  What does the $500. include??
Also, I have a friend who is a die hard, but just cannot afford to fork out $200 to see a game.

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »
Thank u Brown I taught I alone know diehards who cyah afford d 200

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »
We pay 400 for some fish in Mayaro .

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2008, 10:38:28 PM »
We pay 400 for some fish in Mayaro .

Fish is ah real expensive commodity breds, yuh ask any of mih wives an ex wives. lol
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2008, 08:55:24 AM »
them boys better win this is a crucail game to send we six points clear right now we have d best match fixture in the group from weakest to hard so we just have to take we time and clim up them the ladder then climb back down and finish strong against cuba at home .....go t&t

:challenge: :challenge: :duel:
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

TrinInfinite

« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2008, 10:07:58 AM »
we winning 2-0 on saturday, the worse result would be 2-1 :beermug:

God is de BOSS....

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2008, 01:42:08 PM »
Last year ah went and see the Guatemala vs T&T return match at some bar in park slope area of brooklyn, new york...ah wonder if they will show this match coming up...anyone have information on that

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2008, 01:48:19 PM »
Last year ah went and see the Guatemala vs T&T return match at some bar in park slope area of brooklyn, new york...ah wonder if they will show this match coming up...anyone have information on that

Yeah Najee, I watched the 5-1 cutail in a bar in Brooklyn, my boy and mehself was de only Trinis there, then for the return which we won 3-2, a group of us watched in Westchester, there was a website listing all the bars carrying these games, need to resurrect one of those old threads to see if the website still exists and has the relevant info

...Now that I think about it, those postings were on the old board, can anyone aid in resurrecting that?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:03:47 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2008, 09:28:35 PM »
If all else fail d chat room 2 follow d game

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »
Florida???

Where the florida crew watching the game?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2008, 12:23:27 AM »
I will be in the HC stadium with meh T&T flag in meh hand...supportin de warriors as usual..

GO T&T !!

1]; } ?>