May 07, 2024, 12:13:54 AM

Author Topic: The Sharks: Central FC Thread  (Read 174122 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sharks: Central FC Thread
« Reply #540 on: January 28, 2014, 08:02:53 PM »
De man say he couldn't sign Roopie because Central broke but end up signing 5 recognize and establish players (Guerra, de Silva, Paul, Marshall and Plaza).

Talk but blowing smoke up man asshole.

No body believe in honestly anymore, just tell de man yuh not good enough.

:rotfl:

Sam, you're just bitter for some reason. I said that before we sign anyone, we have to let players go. I think I used the phrase "one in - one out". We released 5 and signed 5. Maybe if Roopie had stuck around, as did de Silva, he may have been signed. De Silva had to wait until the day before transfer deadline day before we could agree to sign him. And we really wanted him! If Roopie had proved to be better in midfield than Guerra, Paul or de Silva, no doubt we would have signed him. Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to see enough of him to convince us that he was.
Everyone was disappointed about the Roopie situation, but it's time to move on, mate.

I moved on bro. I just expect better movement from Central because Sancho and company know how jerking around fells as they experience it in the past and you would expect them to change the way things in done in T&T especially when they are in a position to change it at their club.

I am also sure de Silva is born and bread in T&T and had somewhere to live while he wanted to be signed.

I like what Central is doing anyway, buying some good players, by de way, who was de 5 players Central off load?

Shem Alexander (I believe he's joining a team in Florida) Darryl Trim, Toric Robinson, Hector Sam & Omarr Charles (joined Point Fortin)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 29, 2014, 05:42:29 AM »
De man say he couldn't sign Roopie because Central broke but end up signing 5 recognize and establish players (Guerra, de Silva, Paul, Marshall and Plaza).

Talk but blowing smoke up man asshole.

No body believe in honestly anymore, just tell de man yuh not good enough.

Sam, you're just bitter for some reason. I said that before we sign anyone, we have to let players go. I think I used the phrase "one in - one out". We released 5 and signed 5. Maybe if Roopie had stuck around, as did de Silva, he may have been signed. De Silva had to wait until the day before transfer deadline day before we could agree to sign him. And we really wanted him! If Roopie had proved to be better in midfield than Guerra, Paul or de Silva, no doubt we would have signed him. Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to see enough of him to convince us that he was.
Everyone was disappointed about the Roopie situation, but it's time to move on, mate.

I moved on bro. I just expect better movement from Central because Sancho and company know how jerking around fells as they experience it in the past and you would expect them to change the way things in done in T&T especially when they are in a position to change it at their club.

I am also sure de Silva is born and bread in T&T and had somewhere to live while he wanted to be signed.

I like what Central is doing anyway, buying some good players, by de way, who was de 5 players Central off load?

Shem Alexander (I believe he's joining a team in Florida) Darryl Trim, Toric Robinson, Hector Sam & Omarr Charles (joined Point Fortin)

Ah I missed Sam leaving - where'd he go?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 29, 2014, 05:45:10 AM »

I'm right here.

:devil:

Reading some stuff where FS trying tp point he shit a lighter color.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 29, 2014, 07:20:08 AM »

I'm right here.

You know, I have always tried to be informative to this forum. And we all agreed that Roopie didn't get the fairy tale trial he imagined. But why don't you start looking into the way other clubs operate so you can compare? Why don't you investigate?
Central are an easy target for you because we're always here and we're still fairly new.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 29, 2014, 07:28:04 AM »
Sam's an angry man today. Where'd Hector Sam go tho?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 29, 2014, 07:28:26 AM »

I'm right here.

You know, I have always tried to be informative to this forum. And we all agreed that Roopie didn't get the fairy tale trial he imagined. But why don't you start looking into the way other clubs operate so you can compare? Why don't you investigate?
Central are an easy target for you because we're always here and we're still fairly new.

Bro, I pick on Central because why !!!

1. I expect better knowing what Sancho and company been through.

2. Because you is here and has gotton us closer to your club, we feel we are part of it here because you keep us in de loop. So this is why I feel I could say something or make a point or expect better.

I dont care about them other clubs because I dont expect much but I expect more from Central because they play a daily part with us here and they know how fans really feel.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 29, 2014, 07:28:58 AM »

He playing for Water FC now in Penal.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 29, 2014, 07:29:53 AM »

Was released because he was caught playing minor league at Eddie Hart

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 29, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
Salivating for next game...i hope the chemistry is there..might take a lil while to get the right combi

It's like building a car and you finally install the turbo. All the best parts are installed and in theory, it should run like s*it off a shovel.
Just hope the bloody car works properly when we take it out on the highway!
Experience has thought me, the highway is a dread place to bruk down.. I would hope to make it out the yard, then down the hill, a lap round the savannah, then head for the highway..
Translation: play some practice game against gradual increasing level of competition asap

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 29, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »

He playing for Water FC now in Penal.

Thanks. WASA ain't so bad tho, but playing in the minor leagues at his age, with his experience? Great shame.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 29, 2014, 07:54:34 AM »
Nah was joking, and is not WASA I said, is Water, trying to be funny.

Dont know where he gone.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 29, 2014, 08:03:34 AM »
Hah well now I look stupid.  :banginghead: Lets hope he enjoys the minor leagues I guess?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 04, 2014, 05:50:53 PM »
CENTRAL MEDIA: Interview with new midfielder Sean De Silva on his Central FC & Pro League debut

CENTRAL MEDIA: How do you feel about your debut?
DE SILVA: I felt like it was a fair performance on my behalf. I felt like I was still a step slower just getting back into the swing of things and overall not my best performance. But hopefully in the next couple of games I will regain my sharpness and contribute more to the team

CENTRAL MEDIA: Would your opinion of your performance been different if your two free-kicks resulted in assists?
DE SILVA: No. While they were good free kicks I was more concerned with my play during the run of play. I need to be more solid in possession of the ball and make a bigger impact

CENTRAL MEDIA: Do you have any targets for goals and assists this season?
DE SILVA: I wouldn't say I have specific targets but I want to influence every game I play in so I always want to have at least one or the other every game

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #553 on: February 05, 2014, 12:08:45 PM »
Central FC put up another picket in their picket fence recently, drawing another game with a club they should have beaten, hands down. The argument could be made that the club's chemistry is not where it should be because of the recent additions to the team, but I am more inclined to believe that Central has a covert operation planned, to keep the team in the group of clubs that also ran in an attempt to keep the fans interested in the competition going on in the league. Just saying, just saying, dude.
That could be a brilliant move. But why go out and recruit six new players in the middle of the season to be one of the also rans, if the purpose is not to separate itself from the pack? This is crunch time. This is when star players step up to the plate. Central should be making vertical moves and not horizontal flatlines. To do that threes are in order.

Recently, a reporter referred to Central as a star studded team. Can you imagine Barcelona, a star studded team, underperforming or being one of the also rans? That would be disastrous for Barcelona in a lot of ways. Right now, Central FC is underperforming.

Central went out and recruited Sean DeSilva, that makes me wonder if any homework was done on Sean. Don't get me wrong, I use to be a huge DeSilva fan, but after seeing him underperform in the U17 World Cup, and underperform in the Earthquakes trials recently, I have no reason to believe his run of play is going to improve. Ryan Fredericks, former U17 national player or Ryan Stewart might have been a better look. 
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 05, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »
I think it's clear that results should be better. Of course, we're happy to go 5 games unbeaten, but we have to turn draws into wins. It is also clear after watching the first 30 minutes vs Police that several players are lacking match fitness. The first 30 were full of fast flowing attacking football by Central, but in the second half, it was back to normal.
Without doubt, finishing needs to be improved. Two tough games in a week - North East on Friday and Connection on Tuesday - will give a clearer indication of where Central are.

With 14 points from 10 games, Central are actually in a strong position if they can win their games in hand. North East have 17 pts from 11, Point and Police have 17 from 12.

De Silva is quality and will make an impact over the next few months, as will Plaza, once they both get back their peak fitness. Marshall looks solid at the back and Leston Paul has settled in nicely.

If we have 14 points from 12 games this time next week, then we're in trouble!

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 05, 2014, 01:16:34 PM »
Central is definitely not in the best of form but its not a horrible position. Its now time for the coach to get the new signings bedded in and firing. The fact that many people are clamouring for a 1 and half year old club to be pushing harder for the top of the table and the title is a testament to the hard work being put in. People are expecting more and taking an interest which is what we want in the local game.

I think Sean has got quality and he wasn't signed randomly. He was in and around the team and assessed for a while before he actually signed. Hopefully he can perform and make you believe in him again KD.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 07, 2014, 06:17:19 AM »
Even though Central FC f00ck up meh boy Roopie and have a asshole name Adrian Romain working for them, I hope they do well, I am gald to see a full bunch of talented local players on they team, now go and buss W Connection, Caledonia AIA and North East Stars assholes.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 07, 2014, 06:59:30 AM »
Central FC need time to slot in their players - next season should be the preliminary target not this one - you can't have 7 people jump off planes and into the first-team squad and expect cohesion without hard and organised work on the training ground.

Also I thought you were playing in Couva today? I see it all got moved to Crawford

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 07, 2014, 07:08:38 AM »
Also I thought you were playing in Couva today? I see it all got moved to Crawford

Yeah. Fixture and venue changes should never come as a surprise. The schedule on the pro league website is merely a "guide" lol

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 07, 2014, 07:09:53 AM »
lol yea I literally this second just came across the Newday article explaining it. No wonder people don't come to the games - you can never be sure when they're on!

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 07, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »
Hey Football Supporter, is the article in  today's Mirror ref Marvin Oliver true?

A former national footballer pleaded guilty to the possession of 39 grammes of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking when he appeared in the Port of Spain Magistrate’s Court last Thursday.

Marvin Oliver, and a female companion, Giselle Toppin, were arrested last week during a police exercise coordinated by Inspector Wendell Guzman upon information received by the Intelligience Enforcement Unit (IEU) of the San Juan/Laventille Municipal Police Department.

Oliver pleaded guilty and was fined $6, 000 while Toppin pleaded not guilty and was granted $40,000 bail.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:50:04 AM by soccerrama »

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 07, 2014, 09:53:24 AM »
Even though Central FC f00ck up meh boy Roopie and have a asshole name Adrian Romain working for them, I hope they do well, I am gald to see a full bunch of talented local players on they team, now go and buss W Connection, Caledonia AIA and North East Stars assholes.

Hey Sam, it looks like Fenwick has fired Romain so that should make your day ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central FC in training
« Reply #562 on: February 07, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_mpiMVXWK4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X_mpiMVXWK4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 07, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »
Effective PR on this video
An improvement from previous efforts
Gives the impression of a club going places with hungry industrious staff and players not farting around as they are prone to be profiled.
Some highlighting (maybe not enough, maybe appropriately to avoid disrespect to the rest) of the marquee signings Guerra, Plaza, Jan and De Silva.
Good editing with high intensity music and impression of high paced training
Well done progressive propaganda. I mean that as a complement. It's a lot about marketing and correcting mass perception of the shittong brand endemically associated with low self esteem in T&T.
Good stuff for scouts to see as this website is the go to place to scout for reports and videos on T&T talent and T&T football institutions
More pressure on the other teams to up their PR game. Future hopeful. Hope that the ProLeague teams hang in there. This has to bear fruit
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 07, 2014, 09:41:04 PM »
Gives the impression of a club going places with hungry industrious staff and players not farting around as they are prone to be profiled.
Some highlighting (maybe not enough, maybe appropriately to avoid disrespect to the rest) of the marquee signings Guerra, Plaza, Jan and De Silva.
Well done progressive propaganda. I mean that as a complement. It's a lot about marketing and correcting mass perception of the shittong brand endemically associated with low self esteem in T&T.
Good stuff for scouts to see as this website is the go to place to scout for reports and videos on T&T talent and T&T football institutions
More pressure on the other teams to up their PR game. Future hopeful. Hope that the ProLeague teams hang in there. This has to bear fruit

Thanks Dreamer. What is so frustrating is that the guys are not producing this intensity on the field. Of course, it's good not to lose, but 5 draws in a row is making me feel like I'm at Arsenal in the 80's!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 07, 2014, 10:22:36 PM »

Thanks Dreamer. What is so frustrating is that the guys are not producing this intensity on the field. Of course, it's good not to lose, but 5 draws in a row is making me feel like I'm at Arsenal in the 80's!

Adjust your micro cycle.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 08, 2014, 03:08:22 AM »

You've changed up the team in a very short amount of time and have players still used to other styles of football, if they're even match fit yet, so don't expect to light the world on fire. In my (rather uneducated) opinion you could maybe use the rest of this season to experiment on the right style for the players you have now and use them as the backbone for your CCL push next season, having learnt the hard lessons this season.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central FC romances Romano
« Reply #567 on: February 08, 2014, 02:37:12 PM »
Central FC romances Romano
Central FC Media

“The most important signing of the season” is how Central F.C. Managing Director, Brent Sancho described the club’s new Director of Women’s Football & Youth Development, George Romano.

“Bringing George back to Trinidad is a sign of Central F.C.’s commitment to both women’s football and our youth development programme” said the former T&T defender.

Romano, himself a former Trinidad & Tobago international, has spent the last 3 decades building an impressive reputation in U.S.A.  After representing T&T at both Under 17 and senior level, Romano spent two years with professional outfit New York Apollos in the American Soccer League.

Upon retirement from football as a player, Romano threw himself into coaching and, over more than 20 years, built an impressive reputation in the world of U.S. soccer. A United States Soccer Federation & National Soccer Coaches Association of America licensed certified coach, Romano progressed through various football programmes to become State Coach for the New Jersey State Youth Soccer Association and Olympic Development Programme, as well as taking a high school soccer team to the Pennsylvania state finals.

“I heard that George was looking to return to Trinidad and, knowing his reputation, I contacted him to help develop our woman’s and youth programme.” said Sancho. “I know that George has received several offers, but we managed to convince him to join Central.”

Romano will initially be working alongside Head Coach, Terry Fenwick and Youth Development Manager, Kevin Jeffrey to fine tune the Under 14, Under 16 and Under 18 teams who will start their campaign in March. Meanwhile, Romano will begin to assess the Central F.C. woman’s team – the Lady Sharks – who gained promotion in their first season to the WoLF premier league.

“We’re continuing with our theme of bringing home talented Trinibagoanians who have spent time overseas and who can bring their knowledge back to Trinidad & Tobago to enhance professional football.’ said Sancho. “Whether it be players, coaches or administrators, our nation has produced a wealth of talent in all areas of football and we feel it’s time to tap into that resource to help build the Central F.C. brand and, by extension, the TT Pro League brand.”

Romano said “I admire the vision of Brent Sancho and Central F.C. and their determination to bring T&T nationals back to their homeland to add their skills to help develop T&T football.” The former right back added “I’m confident that I can contribute much to help achieve the clubs aims in the long run. I’m looking forward to working with Terry Fenwick and Kevin Jeffrey to further enhance the youth programmes.” Romano said that getting to grips with the women’s team will be exciting, especially after seeing decent performances by the women’s national teams. “It’s clear that there is a wave of talented young ladies coming through the ranks and I’m ready to take up the challenge of creating a Central F.C. women’s team that will win trophies.”

Romano said that one of his proudest achievements has been seeing girls that he coached such as Heather O’Riley and Yael Overbach reach the U.S. national team. “I’m now focused on bringing girls through the Central F.C. programme to represent T&T, hopefully in a world cup finals” said Romano.

Meanwhile, The Sharks chalked up their 5th draw in a row after equalising with a 90th minute penalty against North East Stars on Friday night. The California based club have now extended their unbeaten run to 6 games ahead of a local derby clash against league leaders, W.Connection on Tuesday at Ato Boldon Stadium.

“We’re still not creating enough goal scoring chances” said Sancho “But we’re a very hard team to beat and we have a resilience that won’t allow teams to sit back on a one goal lead.”

Central F.C. vs W.Connection 8pm Tuesday 11th February, Ato Boldon Stadium.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 08, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 08, 2014, 04:23:18 PM »