May 18, 2024, 06:31:30 PM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 206318 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla Persad-Bissessar first 100-days.
« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2010, 02:33:25 PM »
waaayyyzzz. u get invited to a parade and dinner, an u stayin 10 days  ???

yet when u had d opportunity to meet wid hilary clinton d other day, yuh brakes from goin, givin d population some outta timin excuse  ::)

interesting

pagin sammy  8)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 14, 2010, 03:00:04 PM »

yet when u had d opportunity to meet wid hilary clinton d other day, yuh brakes from goin, givin d population some outta timin excuse  ::)

interesting

pagin sammy  8)

De Minister of Defence probably part ah de foreign junket too... AirMan MIA too.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 14, 2010, 05:24:26 PM »

interesting

pagin sammy  8)

All yuh just vex she take URP 2 d next level jus like BB is an upgrated me 2. Kamla get an upgraded 10 days.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 14, 2010, 06:43:15 PM »
When yuh check the itinerary in the newspapers it didn't outline what she was doing between Monday 16th and Saturday 21st.....maybe Sammy could tell we....

Paging Sammy, paging Sammy....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 14, 2010, 07:13:12 PM »
When yuh check the itinerary in the newspapers it didn't outline what she was doing between Monday 16th and Saturday 21st.....maybe Sammy could tell we....

Town have a few suggestions as 2 wha will b happening.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 14, 2010, 07:58:11 PM »

she is going Dancing my dear

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #276 on: August 15, 2010, 08:40:51 AM »
Unofficial old talk is that Jack want to sell the water taxis to this company

http://www.atlantismarinett.com/

When ah look at the owners is Daryan and Darrel  Warner (sp?)  He 2 sons.

lol

that would indeed be somnething special..I hope dat eh true

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #277 on: August 15, 2010, 08:58:09 AM »

lol

I feel that is rum talk. That too brazen to be true.

truetrini

« Reply #278 on: August 15, 2010, 09:01:13 AM »
daiz what I saying

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 15, 2010, 10:38:24 AM »

lol

Nah man. I doubt. Dem cyar be dis boleface.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 15, 2010, 10:41:07 AM »

lol

what about the security guard firms ?
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2010, 12:29:28 PM »

lol

Well....cyar vex. People vote for dat ent?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 15, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »

lol

Well....cyar vex. People vote for dat ent?

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

lol

U NOT SERIOUS. Whre were u in 2001?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 15, 2010, 01:46:02 PM »
I waiting man. I really waiting to see.

I want to hear all dem who enjoy while de bovine excreta get rub on dey tongue under de guise of it being margarine to hear dem when dey realise what it is. Den yuh go hear..."I can't believe its not butter!"

I waiting to hear all dem tertiary education students when de mark bout GATE buss.
I waiting to hear dem GOPIO people comment on de state of NAPA since dey see it and use it for dey awards function...after it had all kinda ting to say bout it during de previous regime.
I waiting to hear what going and really change bout crime.
I waiting to hear all ah dem man.
All dem who talk bout wanton corruption.
All dem who talk bout wanton wastage.
All who talk dey talk bout ethics and ting.

I feel i go write a kaiso yes..."Allyuh vote for dat."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 15, 2010, 02:30:29 PM »
I waiting man. I really waiting to see.

I want to hear all dem who enjoy while de bovine excreta get rub on dey tongue under de guise of it being margarine to hear dem when dey realise what it is. Den yuh go hear..."I can't believe its not butter!"

I waiting to hear all dem tertiary education students when de mark bout GATE buss.
I waiting to hear dem GOPIO people comment on de state of NAPA since dey see it and use it for dey awards function...after it had all kinda ting to say bout it during de previous regime.
I waiting to hear what going and really change bout crime.
I waiting to hear all ah dem man.
All dem who talk bout wanton corruption.
All dem who talk bout wanton wastage.
All who talk dey talk bout ethics and ting.

I feel i go write a kaiso yes..."Allyuh vote for dat."

Watch d RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2010, 04:20:34 PM »

On her inaugural visit to mingle with Trinidadians and Tobagonians living in New York, the new female Prime Minister of the twin Island republic, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, made a stop at Maracas Night Club in Queens New York on Friday July 13th 2010.

The theme was “come home, Trinidad needs you”; the days of racism centered politics and corruption are all gone; Trinidad has dawned on a new epoch and the government now works for the people not against them.

Bissessar was welcomed with much zeal and fanfare as supporters of the United National Congress (UNC) waving the red, white and black flag shouted “We love you,” to the first Indo Caribbean female Prime Minister. Veteran Calypsonian Calypso Rose sang from her latest album the song ” Senior Citizen Day” as a way paying tribute to Kamla’s victory and advocating for a day dedicated to senior citizens in the Caribbean nation.
As she took center stage, Bissessar gathered her accompanying ministers of government and in song they raised their voices to Bob Marley’s “Three Little Birds” and then to Mohammad Rafi’s “Suhani Raat Dhal Chuki”; the message to her people was “Don’t worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right,” in the words of Marley and “The lovely night has descended,” in the words of Rafi.

Bissessar’s rise to power is historic in many respects, as her prior roles in government and accolades indicate that she will do well. Trinidad, under the leadership of former PM Patrick Manning has been plagued with high murder rates, kidnapping of tourists, human trafficking, drug trafficking and uninvestigated killings committed by police officers. Now rests the burden of neglect on Bissessar’s shoulders.

Last evening at Maracas was more of a hurrah and less of serious discussion on the state of affairs of Trinidad and Tobago. Standing amidst the waving flags, the sounds of patriotism to the Calypso capital echoed around every corner of the Queens night club.

However, at many points during this event I felt as if I was at a brainwashing ceremony. Through the vehement speeches of Ministers of Sports, Housing, Local Government and Arts, Anil Roberts, Roodal Moonilal, Chandresh Sharma and and Winston Peters, respectively, the PM was transformed to a deity fitting of uncompromising adoration and praise as she will lead Trinidad out of darkness.

Remembering that I was at the center of a Caribbean political gathering, I did not expect anything less or more.
Bissessar indeed has her job laid out of her. Will she be successful in persuading her Diaspora to return the once tropical paradise? I am of the persuasion that she will not, at least not for the next decade. A gentleman standing next to me at one point turned and said, “I built my life here over the last 16 years, sure I will visit but that’s it and nothing more.”

http://www.baiganchoka.com/blog/trinidad-and-tobago-pm-kamla-persad-bissessar-pleads-with-her-diaspora-to-come-home/

truetrini

« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2010, 04:32:32 PM »
kidnapping still going, murders still happening..human trafficking???? drug trafficking still rampant..Jesus/Orisha?Kamla is her to save us

hahahahaha

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2010, 05:46:22 PM »
I really not trying to nitpick eh... but I THIS is what they spend half ah million dollars on??  THIS is what this Garvin Nicholas fool say they hope would benefit TnT more than the two Summits??  Them gone Queens to talk to who??  Think of the Caribbean demographic represented there, but "racism politics" done, yeah right.  And gone there to try and convince people to pick up and move back home?  I hate to say it but people eh going back home unless they ketching dey ass up here... and even den they still rather stay.  How them going home to help?

And make it worse... you carry Anil Roberts... Minister of facking Sports, Roodal Moonilal from Housing and Local Government and the Arts.  Is that who we really need speaking to people to convince them of the economic opportunities back home?  Make it worse you carry two other dead weights, including Gypsy... and not just these Ministers, but their family members too.  AND ALL THIS at taxpayers expense.  I bet all dem government Ministers was casting lots to see who could score de free trip to NY.  And it was waste ontop on waste... as the blogger say, it was more a "hurrah", meaning it was more a celebration of the victory than anything... no policy, no planning.  And then they have the nerve to talk about PNM waste and how today comes accountability.

well yes.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 05:48:17 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
The only problem with this ... Our prime minister should have a private jet for such travel. Fingers crossed that the partnership with crash soon and all this hating will end soon for some.

what ms prime minister need s to do is call a retreat for her ministers in some allinclusive resort.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2010, 06:08:37 PM »
Aye all yuh ah find Francis Joseph....remember he??  The reporter from the Guardian that sell out the players for 30 pieces of silver.....when I grow up I want to be just like dem fellas....

http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/08/15/7m-paint-job-police-fleet-lead-story

$.7m paint job for police fleet

...VMCOTT to undertake repainting of 60 Summit vehicles for cops
Anika Gumbs-Sandiford
Published: 15 Aug 2010

Some $750,000 is being forked out by the Government to repaint 60 of the black spanking new Fifth Summit of the Americas and Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) luxury fleet which has been handed over to the Police Service. The fleet is expected to form part of the crime-fighting machinery aimed at boosting the Police Service in an attempt to make a dent on rising crime levels in the country. A Sunday Guardian probe revealed the Vehicle Maintenance Corporation of T&T (VMCOTT) has been hired to repaint the vehicles from black to white at a cost of approximately $12,500 each. The People’s National Movement administration had purchased a total of 110 vehicles at a cost of $42.463 million for delegates attending the summit and CHOGM. The then government spent $22.731 million to purchase vehicles for the summit, while a further $19.731 million was forked out to purchase an additional 90 vehicles for CHOGM.

A well-placed source from the Police Service said while there were other quotations from automobile shops to do the job cheaper, VMCOTT was given the job. Contacted by Sunday Guardian, chief executive officer of VMCOTT Joel Browne confirmed that his company was hired to repaint the vehicles but refused to disclose at what cost. “Yes it is true. It is an agreement, but we have to agree when the actual work will start. I do not want to disclose the figure. It is a business relationship and it is not information I wish to disclose,” Browne said. Browne said VMCOTT had been mandated to deliver seven vehicles per week. The project involves stripping and repainting the cars and jeeps from black to white. The vehicles undergoing the facelift are Mazda 6, Hyundai Santa Fe and the Toyota Prado.

Browne said two weeks ago VMCOTT submitted an estimate for the job and received confirmation on Wednesday. “All I know is that we were hired to paint the vehicles in white. I do not know if the Police Service is doing the labelling. The job will be completed in approximately nine weeks.” Asked if the company would be able to meet the October deadline, Browne said, “If we had concerns with our manpower we would not have taken the job. The vehicles will be ready. I really do not know what is the issue.”

Ministry’s response
A response to questions forwarded to Minister of Works of Transport Jack Warner—under which VMCOTT falls—from his communications director Francis Joseph stated: “The Hon Minister, Mr Jack Warner is unable at this stage to answer these questions.”

Craig in the dark
However, while Browne is awaiting word on when the job will commence, deputy commissioner of police Raymond Craig has denied that VMCOTT has been hired.
“Let me say some of the vehicles are being repainted in police colours but they are not being repainted by VMCOTT. I am not aware the vehicles are being repainted by VMCOTT. “All I will say is out of the 135 vehicles given to the Police Service 56 of those vehicles are being painted in the police colours.”

Asked if the vehicles will be repainted in white, Craig replied: “I do not know anything about painting in any white base colour or any blue and white colour. What I am saying is some of the vehicles are being repainted in the police colours. The vehicles will be deployed to major high crime areas to augment the police mobility and police stability in terms of responding to crime.” Craig abruptly hung up the telephone when asked which company was repainting the vehicles.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2010, 06:13:54 PM »
 :devil:

Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »
Interesting. Well dey hadda make sure de job do good.

Or it probably like a special data dots paint so dey could tell where every vehicle is at every minute of the day.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »
Francis Joseph get guvament wuk with Jack Warner... well yes.  My God... and people like dat fool, YoursTruly want to vex when I talk about the utter unprofessionalism of the local press??

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2010, 06:42:41 PM »
:devil:

ORRRRRRR!!!

Dahs wha dey goin and paint on de vehicles? Since dey done black and hadda paint white?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
Aye all yuh ah find Francis Joseph....remember he??  The reporter from the Guardian that sell out the players for 30 pieces of silver.....when I grow up I want to be just like dem fellas....

Nah stay small doh grow up

truetrini

« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2010, 08:15:42 PM »
neil parsanlal was a reporter
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:47:09 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2010, 10:00:53 PM »
neil parsanal was a reporter

Neil Parsanlal was also working in public relations for HiLo or Neal and Massy immediately before going into government service... try yuh best.  Francis Joseph was reporting on the Bonus impasse all along, knowing full well that he had a personal relationship with Jack Warner... and possibly stood to benefit from that relationship.  In other words he had a very strong incentive to not be impartial in his reporting, which calls into questions his ethics as a "journalist".  I have to put it in quotes because again them men in TnT doh really take stock that they supposed to be professionals.

You really need to wheel and come again with yuh mention of Parsanlal, there's a world of difference between the two.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 16, 2010, 12:27:30 AM »
Like Manning say to those reporters in elevator 2 days after the election results when they asked for comment, "Let's just enjoy the ride." More and more I realising that he wasn't talking about the elevator ride..!!!

truetrini

« Reply #298 on: August 16, 2010, 05:15:46 AM »
Jack: Partnership must do more for foot soldiers
Published: 16 Aug 2010

Councillor for Charlieville Falisha Isahak left, her daughter Indira Faria Alisha Manickchand, Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner and Chaguanas Mayor Orlando Nagessar at the function at Saith Park, Chaguanas, on Saturday night. PHOTO: SHASTRI BOODAN
Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner says the People’s Partnership Government has not done enough for its foot soldiers. He said so on Saturday night, while delivering the feature address at a function held at Saith Park, Chaguanas. The event was hosted by Falisha Isahak, the successful councillor for Charlieville in the Chaguanas Borough Corporation.
Warner said the the patience of the party’s grass-roots supporters was “wearing thin.” He said many party activists who did the groundwork for the general and local government elections were grumbling that they had not even received a job with the Unemployment Relief Programme (URP), and were not benefiting from the “fruits” of their party getting into government.

Warner said he was advised that others were still in control of the URP and were “laughing at us.” But Warner said all was not lost. He said within the next two weeks, Labour Minister Errol McLeod promised to restart the URP, changing the operations of this “much-maligned” programme. He added that the URP would be better for the people of T&T. Warner said party supporters were concerned about their future, since the People’s Partnership Government was taking too long to appoint people to state boards and to various diplomatic commissions abroad. But he urged them to “keep the faith” since the majority of these issues would be resolved by month’s end.

Warner said what was worrisome to him was that a number of people were “crawling out of the closets,” demanding positions on state boards. He said during the election campaign, these people were nowhere to be seen. He also commented on the late Dorothy Cummings, whom he described as a party loyalist. Warner said Cummings spent her own monies and travelled throughout T&T to support the party. He said in the end, there were only four people from the Government who attended Cummings’s funeral.

—Reporting by Shastri Boodan

truetrini

« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2010, 05:22:13 AM »
Francis Joseph got as job, he is entitled to his political affiliations.  He was Jack's lackey, Parsanlal was partial to the PNM as a reporter too.

To the victor goes the spoils.

I understand the angst, and the outrage....but such is the political way!

Obama offered that MSNBC Dem reporter a job.  Thats the way...reward your people.

1]; } ?>