May 12, 2024, 09:23:35 PM

Author Topic: Lucky Connection.  (Read 13075 times)

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky Connection.
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2007, 10:30:58 AM »
Well polished hoe...you have to be rel stupid if you would have rather us lose and play better...Guess who would run a football club into the ground? Not me
man woman or chile who ever u may be. good , smart coaches dont mind doing the right thing and losing a couple of matches for long term benefit man dais just common sense. wenger do it, fergie do it etc. how u may ask? by buying and playing younger players during thier team rebuilding process. so instead of buying older players who done experinced wender gets young layers and grooms them into the system for longer term benefit. even though last yr they get real licks for doing so.

i done oui.
Arsenal playing the best looking brand under Wenger with young players....But who winning the league? Long run you say...So in the long run you prefer they learn to lose...Man U is a winning team...Chelsea who run by a coach who love good results...Still when Arsenal get a team they cyah knock on is rel defensive football you does see from them...Learn to win first I say !!! Connection and PFL  needed that victory more than Chivas (partlly because of what that jackass national coach say about the league) so doh talk shit about who deserve it...PFL and clubs involved invest what many of us would never venture to,,,They f-cking deserve it qui!!! Mexico played better football against USA the other day and who win....and you know what people will say now...Mexico can't beat USA because why the results showin them that...DOh talk shit about being consistent...They will raise their level in the next round and that is how you does become consistent...when you play at a high level all the time an by getting ugly victories W exposing themselves to a higher level...thus opening the way for consistency to come....OK

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2007, 10:39:55 AM »
Well polished hoe...you have to be rel stupid if you would have rather us lose and play better...Guess who would run a football club into the ground? Not me
man woman or chile who ever u may be. good , smart coaches dont mind doing the right thing and losing a couple of matches for long term benefit man dais just common sense. wenger do it, fergie do it etc. how u may ask? by buying and playing younger players during thier team rebuilding process. so instead of buying older players who done experinced wender gets young layers and grooms them into the system for longer term benefit. even though last yr they get real licks for doing so.

i done oui.
Arsenal playing the best looking brand under Wenger with young players....But who winning the league? Long run you say...So in the long run you prefer they learn to lose...Man U is a winning team...Chelsea who run by a coach who love good results...Still when Arsenal get a team they cyah knock on is rel defensive football you does see from them...Learn to win first I say !!! Connection and PFL  needed that victory more than Chivas (partlly because of what that jackass national coach say about the league) so doh talk shit about who deserve it...PFL and clubs involved invest what many of us would never venture to,,,They f-cking deserve it qui!!! Mexico played better football against USA the other day and who win....and you know what people will say now...Mexico can't beat USA because why the results showin them that...DOh talk shit about being consistent...They will raise their level in the next round and that is how you does become consistent...when you play at a high level all the time an by getting ugly victories W exposing themselves to a higher level...thus opening the way for consistency to come....OK
how u agressive so. relax.
aresenal and manu have been consistently at the top of the preimiership a while now. even when aresenal play shit last yr what position did thye finish. chelsea now come into the fray. i acknowledge that chelsea is win and not look pretty but they consisteint no??? and they players coudl do the basics no??

mexico and usa have been consistenly at th etop of concacaf for how long now so if mexico getting toruble ot beat america what yuh pt..those two teams are at the top of the region? and they can do the basics well and they seldom often look ugly doing it.

yes cut ass well benefit them. but only if they play well. which thye eh seem to be doing. cause if they play shit agian and get exposed and get licks what will be yuh cry then. luck couldnt never trump consistency is sport fella. u said your piece i said mines. bless up!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2007, 10:55:50 AM »

i done oui.
Arsenal playing the best looking brand under Wenger with young players....But who winning the league? Long run you say...So in the long run you prefer they learn to lose...Man U is a winning team...Chelsea who run by a coach who love good results...Still when Arsenal get a team they cyah knock on is rel defensive football you does see from them...Learn to win first I say !!! Connection and PFL  needed that victory more than Chivas (partlly because of what that jackass national coach say about the league) so doh talk shit about who deserve it...PFL and clubs involved invest what many of us would never venture to,,,They f-cking deserve it qui!!! Mexico played better football against USA the other day and who win....and you know what people will say now...Mexico can't beat USA because why the results showin them that...DOh talk shit about being consistent...They will raise their level in the next round and that is how you does become consistent...when you play at a high level all the time an by getting ugly victories W exposing themselves to a higher level...thus opening the way for consistency to come....OK
how u agressive so. relax.
aresenal and manu have been consistently at the top of the preimiership a while now. even when aresenal play shit last yr what position did thye finish. chelsea now come into the fray. i acknowledge that chelsea is win and not look pretty but they consisteint no??? and they players coudl do the basics no??

mexico and usa have been consistenly at th etop of concacaf for how long now so if mexico getting toruble ot beat america what yuh pt..those two teams are at the top of the region? and they can do the basics well and they seldom often look ugly doing it.

yes cut ass well benefit them. but only if they play well. which thye eh seem to be doing. cause if they play shit agian and get exposed and get licks what will be yuh cry then. luck couldnt never trump consistency is sport fella. u said your piece i said mines. bless up!!
For all wha' you sayin dey it seems to me that Connection is being consistently lucky. We'll see in Mexico.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2007, 11:03:02 AM »
Good Morning Guys,
                              First of all. Congrats to WC. You show  determination dispite being outplayed. There is no shame in that. You played to your abilities. To Trini-Warrior, I understand your sentiments. You just like Wim. You tell it like you see it. The only problem with that know  is that you were not diplomatic enough.  You WC might get 6 in Guadaljara, but say wha!!. The Chivas supposed to do that at home. I know it fustrating whenever we play a latin side, and see how they string 10 passes without we touching the ball. But How often we play these guys. If we were to play them 10 times again, they may win all 10, but I but you will will adjust and start paying like them.
                    In 1974, TT youth play Mex with Hugo Sanchez in Ottawa. Mexico had 85% of the game. We had about 15%.  PRESSURE!!!!. We had about 3 chances the entire game. We almost won. Score 0-0. The only point Mex. drop in the tournament. Trini Warrior. You need to bring your own team to the PFL.

Congrats WC

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2007, 11:18:17 AM »
a win is a win yes  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
We were really happy when Trinidad drew with Sweden. All of a sudden we had delusions of Grandeurit lifted our game against Enland. To all the men who say they prefer we play good and loss than play mess and win I say madness. Against England if John had scored would you all say we deserved that win. Crouch threw away a couple and for most of the game we played limited attacking football. Men wanted us to advance to second round even if we get a cut a$$ or blow out in the next round. This world cup experience built confidence. Men expecting us to beat all of Concacaf because we went to the WC. men cyah understand how we get 4 for Cost Rica who used to put a couple well on the Warriors.

If our WC experience could do such great things for us imagine what this game has done for the confidence of a young Connection side.
Imagine how much easier it is for the coach to inspire them in this second game. It kinda hard to go and do a job when you expecting to get fired but when you expecting a promotion you does work miracles.

Good luck to Connection in the second round. If you all get one chance and that is the chance that win the game I happy because winning is a habit. Men always sayingthe problem with Trinidad fotball is mental. Well this win should help that a little.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »
Well i left a good Trinity Old Boys lime in Woodbrook,drove for an hour and collected Touchesfor the game.Let me make it clear that I am a Trini Fanatic and a football Jumbie since  thedays of Malvern in front of the grand stand. My town friends all said I was wasting time to go to the game,against local advise i ended up sitting with some connection fanatics. Well they were cussing and shouting boring and heckling a rasta in a yellow boots who just was out of it. Trini Warrior said it best, i agree one hundred percent with his post. it was backs and forwards, it seems as though  Connectionwas pl
aying for a draw.In terms of quality of football if that is one of our top teams, the pro league has a long way to go. I can now understand Wim statement re the local players- this Mexican team exposed our limitations big time. I was happy for the win I shouted till I was horse, but in terms of quality of football,it did not make the heart glad.
Remember the good is often the enemy of the best

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2007, 12:34:04 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORZPCZnZGgg

I really glad WC win eh, but meh heart heavy with the reports about how they play. Also I am dreading the return in Mexico, not just on the field, but off it if we win.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2007, 01:05:44 PM »
Well i left a good Trinity Old Boys lime in Woodbrook,drove for an hour and collected Touchesfor the game.Let me make it clear that I am a Trini Fanatic and a football Jumbie since  thedays of Malvern in front of the grand stand. My town friends all said I was wasting time to go to the game,against local advise i ended up sitting with some connection fanatics. Well they were cussing and shouting boring and heckling a rasta in a yellow boots who just was out of it. Trini Warrior said it best, i agree one hundred percent with his post. it was backs and forwards, it seems as though  Connectionwas playing for a draw.In terms of quality of football if that is one of our top teams, the pro league has a long way to go. I can now understand Wim statement re the local players- this Mexican team exposed our limitations big time. I was happy for the win I shouted till I was horse, but in terms of quality of football,it did not make the heart glad.
Remember the good is often the enemy of the best

what then is the appropriate plan when a team goes down early to 10 men and it is still scoreless? ???

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2007, 01:19:46 PM »
Very good Question Ribbit- That is precisely the problem- There was no plan. One would have thought that they would have looked for the counterafter having the Mexicans playing in your half and with all the time in the world. When they did get the ball no was willing to run to goal or take on the defenders, who incidentally were playing very high up. It was the lack of urgency-

they were playing too slow that had us all shouting BORING.
On two occasions they showed some urgency and attack and they scored.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »
I am not sure what Ponnoxx and co. getting so worked up about, especially when you consider the person they are insulting actually went to the game, paid money, gave support and was therefore an integral part of the team's victory......unless you think fan support has no value on a team's performance. Anyhow...does a win automatically mean that everyone must now shut up and not discuss what shortcomings could possibly hurt us in the 2nd leg? And why is it that those who actually went to the game have the same view.

And all the talk about ugly football wins games is being over-simplified to suit a poorly disguised agenda. It is one thing to play 'ugly' or defensive football..it is quite another to just look poor and be completely dominated in possession and goalscoring opportunities. Then again, we must keep in mind the team was down to 10 men for most of the game, so they were hardly likely to really look impressive against a top Mexican team. As far as I see...we are all proud they pulled off a win against the odds. Goals win matches and we got the goals. It may have been very fortunate but that's how it goes sometimes and it may as well go so for us. But let's not get overly sensitive and personal with analysis that puts the team's performance in a less than flattering light. Any fan knows you can play poorly and still wim...but that is the exception, not the rule

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2007, 02:36:30 PM »

I am not sure what Ponnoxx and co. getting so worked up about, especially when you consider the person they are insulting actually went to the game, paid money, gave support and was therefore an integral part of the team's victory......unless you think fan support has no value on a team's performance. Anyhow...does a win automatically mean that everyone must now shut up and not discuss what shortcomings could possibly hurt us in the 2nd leg? And why is it that those who actually went to the game have the same view.

And all the talk about ugly football wins games is being over-simplified to suit a poorly disguised agenda. It is one thing to play 'ugly' or defensive football..it is quite another to just look poor and be completely dominated in possession and goalscoring opportunities. Then again, we must keep in mind the team was down to 10 men for most of the game, so they were hardly likely to really look impressive against a top Mexican team. As far as I see...we are all proud they pulled off a win against the odds. Goals win matches and we got the goals. It may have been very fortunate but that's how it goes sometimes and it may as well go so for us. But let's not get overly sensitive and personal with analysis that puts the team's performance in a less than flattering light. Any fan knows you can play poorly and still wim...but that is the exception, not the rule

Good Point filho,all fans see the game differently and that's just one perspective,we could argue from now until we blue in the face but a win is a win,now the question we should be asking ourselves is, can they duplicate there win in mexico,I don't no for the rest of people on this site but I think they can do it,my reason is simple,they have played them and took there best under stressful circumstances an won so not to be over confident going into the retun leg but now able to measure there opponents and take there chances when they become available.

I've  always said if you approach a game negatively,negative things will happen,If you approach it positively,positive things will happen,eg: you have a game of this magnitude where the stakes are high and all you're hearing from your fellow players is "there's no way we could win" or even our adoring fans saying something similar like "they beat the best in south america who's w connection to them." If you hear that song long enough,you begin to believe it.

If you're mentally strong and believe in yourself,everything works out eventually........            
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 02:39:09 PM by saga pinto »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Re: Trinidad's W Connection upsets Mexico's Chivas.
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »
Ah tired tell allyuh, we (us particularly) does always match up good against Mexico and any Mexican team. Yuh know why?... dah beautifull flowing football with plenty touches that allyuh like to admire is a game that we master a long time ago. It's called SMALL GOAL. Dem perfect de art on a big field and we does play it fuh de hell ah it in every road in Trini. Thats why on any given day, ah Trini team could give a Mexican team a run fuh dey money. PLUS, dem doh have instinctive dribblers like we have(or at least used to anyways) to make dat brand ah ball really work. Their game is devoid of instinct. If Connection lose on the return it will be because of fitness. Thats all.

small goal yes  :D

but seriously, thats a joke right  :-\ ???  :-[

their game is devoid of instinct ??? how u's come to a conclusion like that?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 02:56:42 PM by dwn »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2007, 03:03:48 PM »
I am not sure what Ponnoxx and co. getting so worked up about,

1) Is a south based club
2) i think he have a relation at the club
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2007, 03:30:32 PM »
Ah join the ole talk late but ah have to add meh 2 cents. I didn't see the game but someone who did, called me and from what he told me I have to agee with Trini Warrior and Touches. W was lucky and seemed out of their depth, ah think we all can agree with that.

I dont think Wis a shit side but when man cyah trap and string a few passes together on the day and manage to steal a win ..good for them, and says alot about thir spirit and  pride.

Ah sure plenty of allyuh could remember playing with yuh lil club side, playing all over the next team, hitting post, throwing away sitter on the goal line and the next team get one chance and buss yuh net and after the game yuh say, 'ah cyah believe we lost to dat shyte side'

All I can say  is.... it is what it is, and best of luck to W in Mexico..ah hope they travel with they own food and water.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2007, 04:21:15 PM »
I am looking at the game now and what no one has mentioned is that WC were holding their own until the ejection.

They got the best chance in front of an open goal and SOME HOW threw away. They also got some ok crosses into the box.

I have noticed that as soon as they were  a man down they all fell back DEEP into their own half, ALLOWING the Mexicans to live in the WC half of the field.

The face of the game changed the moment WC fell to ten men.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2007, 04:40:58 PM »
I am looking at the game now and what no one has mentioned is that WC were holding their own until the ejection.

They got the best chance in front of an open goal and SOME HOW threw away. They also got some ok crosses into the box.

I have noticed that as soon as they were  a man down they all fell back DEEP into their own half, ALLOWING the Mexicans to live in the WC half of the field.

The face of the game changed the moment WC fell to ten men.

VB
if u read touches match report he said that.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2007, 04:47:59 PM »
I did read Touches match report.

My point was, WC wasn't doing that badly until the ejection.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2007, 06:57:02 PM »
 Connection did well in my book(at least in the 1st half)...They keep Chivas at bay...Touches ...you did not assess this well at all...It wasn't looked at in terms of football...Play within your strengths...Goals win games...Number of Passes don't win games...etc ...COnnection did well all first half

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »
Connection did well in my book(at least in the 1st half)...They keep Chivas at bay...Touches ...you did not assess this well at all...It wasn't looked at in terms of football...Play within your strengths...Goals win games...Number of Passes don't win games...etc ...COnnection did well all first half
Ditto
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2007, 04:30:00 AM »
Whey all them men who only just stop short of telling meh how meh mudder make meh?? Leh meh hear all yuh now?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2007, 05:07:25 AM »
Whey all them men who only just stop short of telling meh how meh mudder make meh?? Leh meh hear all yuh now?

Not only you....Touches get ah good share too.....it happen just as all yuh call it.....well, well, well.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2007, 05:18:13 AM »

Blessed are those who have seen and believe, but blessed are those who have not seen and still believe
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2007, 06:26:20 AM »

Blessed are those who have seen and believe, but blessed are those who have not seen and still believe

Allyuh sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!
It have men who go vex with allyuh.  They go say allyuh wanted the team to lose to prove a point. ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>