May 02, 2024, 10:30:50 AM

Author Topic: We can run :) but we cannot hide :)  (Read 6864 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
We can run :) but we cannot hide :)
« on: January 01, 2007, 11:11:33 AM »
I over heard a fella talkin today, so I asked him where he from and he answered TnT and I said the same here, He then asked me where I was from and I said port of spain he said Maraval and I said yeah by Boissere village then we had a Good Ole talk about the good ole days.

We Trinis can run (or move to all parts of the world) but we cannot hide.

One more to add to de Lime here ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:16:00 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Re: We can run :) but we cannot hide :)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 12:09:15 PM »
yuh know, I used to tink so too. I found meh people all over the place, black, white, chinese, indian, all kine'ah mix up...

But then...I've found some who hide and hide well. They simply deny where they come from, which ever island, including the land of the hummingbird. Some Trinis are ashamed or disgusted or disapproving of where they were born. I find that heartbreaking.

One I met has chosen to identify with his family roots rather than place of birth and says he is something else. I find the person uncomfortable to be around. He's chosen his wife based on this magical change he has made. Always talking down the region and the island, nothing good to say.

sad...should put this in the joke section..lol
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 12:12:59 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »
One I met has chosen to identify with his family roots rather than place of birth and says he is something else. I find the person uncomfortable to be around. He's chosen his wife based on this magical change he has made. Always talking down the region and the island, nothing good to say.
there is ah trini here jez like dat

one time we dropped in on dem and de canadian wife tell us "you know we are about to eat" real cut eye oui
addendum:
meh wife was tellin me, we only dropped by with an invitation for their kids to my daughters birthday party.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 07:44:56 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 05:19:04 PM »
buh macoomeh yuh tink dat bad ,wah bout dem who bleaching dem skin ,  ah meet up one trini gul who did dat , buh plenty ja guls doing it, ah cah overstan why dey doz dat . we ah a bless people wid we complexion buh dem people so washbrain dat dey feel dat dey mus look white or fair or clair. black is beauty ful look at the glos, black is beautyful iam black an proud , if yuh hair like me yuh got to wear yuh color wid diginity.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 07:39:34 PM »
the propaganda against our skin colour has been very thorough, no question. Self hate is taught. Sadly the unlearning will take longer to undo. But even today, those who can help with that are not and the issue continues.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 10:10:48 PM »
eh alyuh hear dis  nah, ah feel dat have somting to do wid dem upbringin and dem jus mentain wat dem lern. because wen dey move dem chackerls from we hans and foot we put dem back on oui, and who could hate dem self more dan we , iz pure hate an acting natural. 

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 11:47:33 AM »
another amusing aspect is when some African Americans bash Afro-Caribbean folks...

Recently in a group a guy asked me how come I speak so well given that there are no 'real schools down there in the little islands'. He wasn't even trying to be mean eh. He was genuinely mis-informed. A sweet guy I've dealt with before who had no clue that I didn't drop from a banana tree

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »
A sweet guy I've dealt with before who had no clue that I didn't drop from a banana tree
all along I taught it was ah bread fruit tree dat i drop from, strimps ;D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 12:00:17 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 12:58:48 PM »
nah, Polish Hoe tell meh is ah grugrubef tree, but doh say I say eh?  ;D

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 03:26:11 PM »
another amusing aspect is when some African Americans bash Afro-Caribbean folks...

Recently in a group a guy asked me how come I speak so well given that there are no 'real schools down there in the little islands'. He wasn't even trying to be mean eh. He was genuinely mis-informed. A sweet guy I've dealt with before who had no clue that I didn't drop from a banana tree

Dat remind meh of a time years ago when ah was living in Calgary, and dis girl ah was working wid put her hand next tuh mine and say.."but you are almost as white as me" and I answer.."no, you are almost as dark as me".

She didn't have no reply.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 03:48:27 PM »
there is ah trini here jez like dat

one time we dropped in on dem and de canadian wife tell us "you know we are about to eat" real cut eye oui
addendum:
meh wife was tellin me, we only dropped by with an invitation for their kids to my daughters birthday party.
ah think Jumbie or Palos did say something like dat did happen to them once
went to visit they Uncle and de Auntie meet them by the door and say dey having supper..so come back lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 03:52:37 PM »
Well boy dat would be one house who doorway I wouldn' darken again eh...lol

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 04:17:49 PM »

I tell meh Cdn chirren I used to climb grugrubef trees ...... barefoot no less
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 04:20:23 PM »

heck I've been away so long I can't even remember what it looked ot tastes like but the word itself is so evocative...ypu used to call a dotish person a grugrubef, for what reason I don't know...

yuh remember tankabean? Now THAT I can recall..

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 09:01:19 PM »

eh alyuh we doze it to, we kar say we dont , anyhow mae boss jus like dat. he from the Carolinas and  like the wite man rel bad , he iz serious uncle tom . wen they talking bout we dey doze say dem people, daize how dey doze call we dem people.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 08:03:58 AM »

heck I've been away so long I can't even remember what it looked ot tastes like but the word itself is so evocative...ypu used to call a dotish person a grugrubef, for what reason I don't know...

yuh remember tankabean? Now THAT I can recall..

Oh gorm...dat is one ah meh favourite fruit.  Lord...is so long it eh pass meh lips.  Ah seeing it, smelling it right now.  Ah eat dat when ah was little til meh belly hurt meh!!  ;D  De seeds does make a nice deodoriser fuh yuh clothes and dem.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 09:20:55 AM »
Cocoa, what does aggravate me is when meh mout get sweet for a fruit and ah go in de grocree here, dem taseless, mirasme looking mango and oranges does make me want to back meh bodice and buss two cuss and I am such a peaceable woman.

I buy some mango here de udda day to make a chow. Ah cut up de ting and tase one. It tase like de poor ting walk up here from quite Ecquador where it come from! It tase like cyardboard, meh chow come up so-so...ah vex!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 09:41:10 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 11:15:22 AM »
Cocoa, what does aggravate me is when meh mout get sweet for a fruit and ah go in de grocree here, dem taseless, mirasme looking mango and oranges does make me want to back meh bodice and buss two cuss and I am such a peaceable woman.

I buy some mango here de udda day to make a chow. Ah cut up de ting and tase one. It tase like de poor ting walk up here from quite Ecquador where it come from! It tase like cyardboard, meh chow come up so-so...ah vex!

Daise yuh problem right dey.  Why yuh buying dem mango.  I doh buy mango in Canadian grocery.  Ah give up.  Dey does pick de mango young, young so by de time it cross de ocean, reach een de store and we take it home, it force ripe and sour.  Whey yuh living.  Ah does buy meh mango by Charlie's in Mississauga.  Eh too long buss up some nice Julie and long mango.  And de Zaboca and dem nice too bad.

Yuh ever try Pineapple chow?  Girl, de first time ah eat dat by de shed on de way tuh Maracas on one ah meh trip home, ah get hooked.  Try it sometime but doh fuhget tuh put Shadow Beney in it eh.  Yuh cyar have chow widout dat.  Ah even make chow wid some blasted sour Strawberries ah buy ah time.  It actually come out nice if yuh leave it tuh soak lil bit.  When yuh eh have mammy is tuh use daddy!!  ;D

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 11:34:36 AM »
ah shame, leh meh lower meh font so nobody could hear what ah telling yuh...

cocoa, ah living in vanilla central. Not one blooming wess indian, no african, no spaniard, is like ah snow storm in Antartarica exceptin fuh me and meh family. shhh...

Ah make de pineapple chow, doh like it too much. Ah cah get Shadow Benne so ah does use a lil piece'ah cilantro to make do...when ah go in Toronto den ah could go by Nicey's and pack up de car wid meh vitals.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 12:44:49 PM »

cocoa, ah living in vanilla central. Not one blooming wess indian, no african, no spaniard, is like ah snow storm in Antartarica exceptin fuh me and meh family. shhh...

Ah make de pineapple chow, doh like it too much. Ah cah get Shadow Benne so ah does use a lil piece'ah cilantro to make do...when ah go in Toronto den ah could go by Nicey's and pack up de car wid meh vitals.

Oh Lord....ah understand yuh predicament.  Ah suffer like dat fuh 6 an ah half years when ah was living out in Calgary.  It had one WI store dey and it wasn't close tuh meh.  By de time yuh reach dey sometime, ting sell out or it not worth buying or wos yet..it too damn expensive.  Ah have ah fren living in London (beside Cana) and ah does have tuh get she Christmas vital supplies (sorrel an ting) fuh she..so ah know what yuh going troo.  make it all de sweeter when yuh eat it eh?   ;D

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 08:38:38 PM »

Oh Lord....ah understand yuh predicament.  Ah suffer like dat fuh 6 an ah half years when ah was living out in Calgary.  It had one WI store dey and it wasn't close tuh meh.  By de time yuh reach dey sometime, ting sell out or it not worth buying or wos yet..it too damn expensive.  Ah have ah fren living in London (beside Cana) and ah does have tuh get she Christmas vital supplies (sorrel an ting) fuh she..so ah know what yuh going troo.  make it all de sweeter when yuh eat it eh?   ;D

jus now ah go send meh local grocery list fur ya and ya could FEDex it back to meh..cause ah going crazy over here behind god back. i reached dey stage ah actually standing up outside ah beer store and crying cause dem run out ah carib beers. i had to drive ah whole 45 mins to another town just to find ah carib.
doh talk bout doubles and mangoes. stups

girl MILO ah cyah find MILO....i cyah drink nothing  else oder dan MILO..and no me ain't no coffee drinker.
is ah next set ah bawling jus now...wait ya go see >:(

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 09:54:50 PM »

girl MILO ah cyah find MILO....i cyah drink nothing  else oder dan MILO..and no me ain't no coffee drinker.

Lucky for us out in Cali, Mexicans have Milo too, so the kids get to drink their share. But other than that things are hard to come by. Some of the south pacific islanders have some of the same provisions, taro, bread fruit, etc. For the wife's birthday I drove almost 2 hours round trip to find a roti shop up in Berkeley to bring something home.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 10:30:34 PM »
Have a heart nuh e-man...doh mention roti in front meh nuh...

ah bleaching here...

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 10:47:47 PM »
eh alyuh listen dis, the advantages of livin in brooklyn, roti shop on the corner ,  korean selin from bandania ,peewa doubles, alupie, polourey, ah know aluh eh eat dat long time , toolum, pawpawballs , cane juice in cans , sappodilla ect,ect ,  on every coner also arab store if yuh geh dem ah chance dem wil sell yuh and all .so all ah alyuh who livin quite, quite out  dey and cyar geh stofe that alyuh like, ah gettin mae tanty merle to come an open op she shippin business to send stuf  for allyuh right , so look out for she opening day . all goods cumin expressss  fedex , ups , via e mail . so look pon dey site for tanty merle big busines opening right , right .

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 11:33:37 PM »
zulu yuh not nice man...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 02:17:44 AM »
eh alyuh listen dis, the advantages of livin in brooklyn, roti shop on the corner ,  korean selin from bandania ,peewa doubles, alupie, polourey, ah know aluh eh eat dat long time , toolum, pawpawballs , cane juice in cans , sappodilla ect,ect ,  on every coner also arab store if yuh geh dem ah chance dem wil sell yuh and all .so all ah alyuh who livin quite, quite out  dey and cyar geh stofe that alyuh like, ah gettin mae tanty merle to come an open op she shippin business to send stuf  for allyuh right , so look out for she opening day . all goods cumin expressss  fedex , ups , via e mail . so look pon dey site for tanty merle big busines opening right , right .
nice one Zulu
by EMail too :o
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 08:41:52 AM »
I over heard a fella talkin today, so I asked him where he from and he answered TnT and I said the same here, He then asked me where I was from and I said port of spain he said Maraval and I said yeah by Boissere village then we had a Good Ole talk about the good ole days.

We Trinis can run (or move to all parts of the world) but we cannot hide.

One more to add to de Lime here ;D ;D

I still laugh when people say they are from Port of Spain.  :D I even asked a person if he was a vagrant in the street because those are the only people I see living in POS. Of course this is not accurate because of streets like George and Nelson Streets to name a few. Just thought I'd throw a little fatigue as I saw it.  :beermug:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 09:01:07 AM »

all of ah sudden me ain't like you at tall.
pass me like ah full PTSC bus when ya seemeh

;)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 09:09:53 AM »
ok the greater metropolitan area of port-of-spain ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 09:47:14 AM »

jus now ah go send meh local grocery list fur ya and ya could FEDex it back to meh..cause ah going crazy over here behind god back. i reached dey stage ah actually standing up outside ah beer store and crying cause dem run out ah carib beers. i had to drive ah whole 45 mins to another town just to find ah carib.
doh talk bout doubles and mangoes. stups

Girl...PM meh wid yuh message list and address.  Ah go send some MILO fuh yuh.  Wha else yuh want?  Ah going an make message dis evenin self tuh make ah lil split peas soup tomorrow.

1]; } ?>