May 02, 2024, 08:59:22 AM

Author Topic: Trust Backs T&T !  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Trust Backs T&T !
« on: December 23, 2005, 05:10:26 AM »
Trust Backs T&T !

The East Fife Mail's campaign for readers to back Trinidad and Tobago at next year's World Cup has been given extra spice after they were drawn with England. The entire Caribbean side are honorary East Fife Supporters Trust members thanks to former player Arnold Dwarika, who still turns out for the national side. The T&T team were granted membership last year at a ceremony in Livingston where they were preparing for their friendly against Scotland.
Now there is extra incentive to support the Caribbean side after drawing our auld rivals in a group alongside Sweden and Paraguay. The Supporters' Trust has already given the World Cup minnows its backing and is excited by the clash with England. Press officer Eugene Clarke joked: "After the draw we thought long and hard about transferring our support to England but we've stuck with T&T.
"We're delighted the draw has given this extra edge. We'll now be looking to send the team some of our goodie bags as a welcome to the players."
Meanwhile, BBC News reported that Trinidad and Tobago 'keeper Kelvin Jack believes Scottish supporters have more reason to back them after they drew England in the World Cup draw.
The Caribbean team will also play Sweden and Paraguay in Group B.
"I already knew that we would have fans from Scotland wanting us to do well because we have players at clubs up here," Jack told his club website.
"But now that we are playing England maybe there will be a few more Scots cheering us on."
The Dundee star will be joined in the squad for Germany next summer by several Scottish-based players.
Also expected to be in the squad are Marvin Andrews (Rangers), Russell Latapy (Falkirk), Jason Scotland (St Johnstone) and Collin Samuel (Dundee United).
Trinidad and Tobago are scheduled to face Sven-Goran Eriksson's team in Nuremberg on 15 June and Jack said: "This is a dream come true for me and the rest of our players.
"There are so many of our boys playing in Britain - over a dozen I think - so it can hardly be more exciting.
"We are such a small nation, with a population of just over one million people.
"And, while being involved in the World Cup is a great thing for every country going to Germany, this is one of the greatest things to ever happen to us."

Source:
www.fifenow.co.uk
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 05:13:17 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Trust Backs T&T !
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 05:29:59 AM »
so am i to believe the most anticipated game of the world cup is trini vs england?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 05:43:36 AM »
If you notice all we hearing about is the T&T vs England match up... this is good because de pressure will be on England.. How come none of them backing Sweden and Paraguay to beat England too...

Glad we have de support from Scotland, Wales and Ireland..... them fans will make us feel like home in Germany..... even Germany is backing us.

England eh no shit team though, they strong on paper and on de field, they players can shoot from anyway, watch Joe Cole, Gerrad and Lampard, them men have some serious bullets they does leggo from 40 yards out. Kelvin Jack will have to come up big because he is de best shot stopper we have.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 05:51:37 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 07:48:01 AM »
add Dwight and Theo to that list.....  ;D 8) 8)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know