May 03, 2024, 07:22:22 PM

Author Topic: Man City's Squad  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Man City's Squad
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »
The prem has new rules and only a 25 man squad list.

This has to include home grown players.

Men go get chop

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 11:48:46 AM »
Bellamy perform and have great chemistry with Tevez and run that wing last season. According to Mancini, he getting chop. For what? I dunno.

Mancini say is up to Ireland to play. BS.

Adam Johnston perform after displacing SWP last season. He set to bench.

Joe Hart still there. He need to go another club.

Barry might start but I don't find he that hot. He have an eye for a pass and left footed. After seeing he against Germany...well that speak for itself.

Adebayor was injured a lot last season. I could unders if they did bring in another striker there and off load Santa Cruz cuz to be honest, he could go a next club and get sweat.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 02:30:54 PM »
Bellamy perform and have great chemistry with Tevez and run that wing last season. According to Mancini, he getting chop. For what? I dunno.

Mancini say is up to Ireland to play. BS.

Adam Johnston perform after displacing SWP last season. He set to bench.

Joe Hart still there. He need to go another club.

Barry might start but I don't find he that hot. He have an eye for a pass and left footed. After seeing he against Germany...well that speak for itself.

Adebayor was injured a lot last season. I could unders if they did bring in another striker there and off load Santa Cruz cuz to be honest, he could go a next club and get sweat.

Barry was hurt in the WC man. Doh judge him on dat. He not bad atall.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 02:51:14 PM »
yeah i mean chelsea had a lot of money but they invested in a project of building a side rather than a collection of stars.. Robben, Essien, Glen Johnson, Del Horno, Ferreira, Carvalho, Makalele, Crespo, Drogba were by no means there as yet in terms of star power when they came on board..

This was until of course Roman get greedy and rip up the blueprint to go for Sheva and Ballack.

Man City just moving utterly wild now with it.

Been waiting a long time to be able to say this from the other end of the table, "Man City are ruining football!!"   :D

Whateva...dais jus talk...Man City eh moving so wild as all that...The list of Chelsea names you call dey was as much as if not more recognizeable at the time than Man City's acquisitions as far as star quality goes.

ent.. I read that and want to know what Omar talking bout. Fandom does amke yuh blind in truth. Kompany, DeJong, Boateng, Johnson, Lescott, bellamy is similar stature players. Is only Tevez, Toure, Robinho and Adebayor that had extensive CL experince and now Silva and Yaya joining that group.

Just like Chelsea though City suffering from diminishing returns because the new players very similar to existing ones and not better by a big margin.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 03:39:46 PM »
yeah i mean chelsea had a lot of money but they invested in a project of building a side rather than a collection of stars.. Robben, Essien, Glen Johnson, Del Horno, Ferreira, Carvalho, Makalele, Crespo, Drogba were by no means there as yet in terms of star power when they came on board..

This was until of course Roman get greedy and rip up the blueprint to go for Sheva and Ballack.

Been waiting a long time to be able to say this from the other end of the table, "Man City are ruining football!!"   :D

Whateva...dais jus talk...Man City eh moving so wild as all that...The list of Chelsea names you call dey was as much as if not more recognizeable at the time than Man City's acquisitions as far as star quality goes.

ent.. I read that and want to know what Omar talking bout. Fandom does amke yuh blind in truth. Kompany, DeJong, Boateng, Johnson, Lescott, bellamy is similar stature players. Is only Tevez, Toure, Robinho and Adebayor that had extensive CL experince and now Silva and Yaya joining that group.

Just like Chelsea though City suffering from diminishing returns because the new players very similar to existing ones and not better by a big margin.

Why i need to spell out the obvious differences?

Fellas is 40 players dem have in a year where it have a rule that you must have 25 to boot.

When Chelsea start the buying, Drogba had one good year in the CL so i would equate him to what a Chamakh is today and he take a couple years well to come good. The portuguese men, despite winning the CL were not the hot commodities in Europe. Robben and Kezman was prospects with potential playing in the Dutch League. Glen Johnson was young potential at West Ham. Duff actually was the only proven prem player and Makalele was bought after being surplus at Real. As a matter of fact the blueprint was to win the league in 3 years, it just came together much sooner. My point is none of these were 'namebrand players' and it was all about a project.

Now look at Man City. Players who did well for them last year they looking to ditch this year for fresh new blood. No loyalty whatsoever to anybody just a hashing together of players. At least Chelsea could say they building the team around Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cech... Which player is the face of Man City?

Tevez, Adebayor, Yaya, Robinho, Silva and Balotelli is name brand.. and they want Torres too.

That is just wildness.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »
all i go say is it go be a bonanza when city start to sell men...b/c some decent men going and get sell

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 07:33:46 AM »
The prem has new rules and only a 25 man squad list.

This has to include home grown players.

Men go get chop

Tell dem Touches... tell dem...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 07:53:53 AM »

Fellas is 40 players dem have in a year where it have a rule that you must have 25 to boot.

When Chelsea start the buying, Drogba had one good year in the CL so i would equate him to what a Chamakh is today and he take a couple years well to come good. The portuguese men, despite winning the CL were not the hot commodities in Europe. Robben and Kezman was prospects with potential playing in the Dutch League. Glen Johnson was young potential at West Ham. Duff actually was the only proven prem player and Makalele was bought after being surplus at Real. As a matter of fact the blueprint was to win the league in 3 years, it just came together much sooner. My point is none of these were 'namebrand players' and it was all about a project.

Now look at Man City. Players who did well for them last year they looking to ditch this year for fresh new blood. No loyalty whatsoever to anybody just a hashing together of players. At least Chelsea could say they building the team around Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cech... Which player is the face of Man City?

Tevez, Adebayor, Yaya, Robinho, Silva and Balotelli is name brand.. and they want Torres too.

That is just wildness.

:rotfl: lol @ wildness...

Will be interesting to see which 25 players remain at the start of the season. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2010, 06:42:53 PM »

That is just wildness.

Ent! Is like when yuh put out a big bowl of sweete and children around, dey eh know which to eat so they put in they mouth, spit out, take a nex one, put some in every pocket and run away wid two handful. One hour later they feeling to :puking:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
(Ray) Wilkins: Mancini needs to make a team
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2010, 05:29:29 AM »
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1282420.html?cid=rssfeed&att=?cid=google_igoogle

Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkins believes Manchester City can challenge for the Premier League title this season - if they are properly moulded into a team by Roberto Mancini.

City have already boosted their ranks this summer by recruiting David Silva, Yaya Toure, Aleksandar Kolarov and Jerome Boateng, while Mario Balotelli and James Milner are expected to be two more expensive arrivals.

Expectations for the coming campaign are high at Eastlands ahead of next weekend's opening round of Premier league fixtures, but Wilkins feels it will be vital for City boss Mancini to shape a coherent side from his star-studded squad if they are to be genuine contenders for the title Chelsea won last season.

"It is a lot of money (they have spent) but they have very wealthy backers and I would imagine before we kick off next week there will be a few more players going in there as well," Wilkins told BBC Radio.

"But it is never easy when so many new players come together. It is very nice and pleasant to have new players come in but you have to mould a team.
It is never easy when so many new players come together. It is very nice and pleasant to have new players come in but you have to mould a team.
Ray Wilkins, Chelsea assistant manager

"The game is a team game and it is not easy for Mancini to put those guys together all at once. It is a juggling job and Roberto has been in that situation with Inter Milan before, so he'll understand that situation and I'm sure he'll handle it very well.

"Manchester United will be genuine contenders, but I think there are two or three others who will have a little dabble at us - like Manchester City, if they can form that group. They have very good individuals and could challenge us."

Chelsea hope to make an addition to their own squad in the next few days, having agreed an £18.2m fee with Benfica for Brazil midfielder Ramires.

"Nothing has been finalised as yet, but we are certainly in the mix for Ramires," Wilkins said. "We would like him to join us and hopefully that will go through pretty shortly."

Asked if the player might figure in the Blues squad by next weekend, Wilkins said: "We would like to think something like that would happen."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 05:31:18 AM by bongonatti 11 »
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 10:11:51 AM »
Ppl counting all d players in the man city team and adding up to get 40? they have a good bit of players that 21 and under in that 40 that dnt have to be registered. So its only 31 players they have as do most of the other teams. And in the 31 they have nimely, boyata, cunningham and weiss who are all under 21 as well.But just because they spending money they getting slaughtered. Mancini is smarter than ppl make him out to be

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 04:37:33 PM »
Ppl counting all d players in the man city team and adding up to get 40? they have a good bit of players that 21 and under in that 40 that dnt have to be registered. So its only 31 players they have as do most of the other teams. And in the 31 they have nimely, boyata, cunningham and weiss who are all under 21 as well.But just because they spending money they getting slaughtered. Mancini is smarter than ppl make him out to be

But 25 is de quota...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 01:04:11 PM »
If they let this man go, that would be their biggest mistake... This man is guaranteed returns in the EPL.

Toshack expects Bellamy move

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/August/10/toshack-expects-bellamy-move/

(GSM) - Wales boss John Toshack has expressed his "doubts" regarding striker Craig Bellamy's future ahead of Wednesday night's friendly at home to Luxembourg.

Toshack believes there is "probably a good chance" his captain Bellamy's Manchester City career will be over by the end of this month.

And the former Liverpool and Celtic striker, who is set for a first international appearance of 2010 in Llanelli, has also hinted the same.

Bellamy, who is prepared to fight it out at Eastlands, claims that City boss Roberto Mancini has not spoken to him since February.

During the pre-match press conference on Tuesday, the 31-year-old also revealed he had turned down an offer from Steve McClaren's Wolfsburg, would relish playing for his home-town club Cardiff City, but might even consider quitting football.

"There are doubts about Craig's future at Manchester City," said Toshack.

"There is probably a good chance that before the end of this month he will have moved on somewhere. Talking to him, it's pretty much looking that way.

"We will just have to wait and see what develops, but he is back and raring to, so that is obviously a positive for us."

Bellamy has yet to discover whether or not he will make City's 25-man squad for the season.

But the current Eastlands climate suggests his next two games could be for Wales - at Llanelli on Wednesday, and then the opening Euro 2012 qualifier away to Montenegro early next month.

"Whatever people think of me, I find myself in a situation I find hard to get my head around," said Bellamy. "I've just come off the back of my best year in football - my stats prove it.

"I feel strongly that I can offer something at the club. But if I don't get in the 25-man squad, I don't know what I will do.

"I might finish, full stop, or look at every option I get. This game is as ruthless as any, and I sort of feel I am not going to be part of it (at Manchester City) - I can see it from a distance.

"I find that very difficult to take because I really enjoy playing for Manchester City. I think I have shown that with my commitment this year.

"Physically, I feel probably the best I have ever felt. The only problem I've had is I haven't played pre-season. I want to play the full 90 minutes tomorrow - I am just desperate to play football."

Bellamy, 31, would undoubtedly have no shortage of offers if he departs City. Fulham, now managed by his former Wales, City and Blackburn boss Mark Hughes, could easily be attracted, as might ambitious Premier League hopefuls Cardiff.

"I've had a few options," he added.

"I've turned down Wolfsburg. I think Steve McClaren is an outstanding coach, and the German league is outstanding, but I don't see myself playing there."

And Cardiff? "Yes, definitely," Bellamy said. "I've always wanted to play for Cardiff - I've never been shy of saying that.

"My wife and kids live here, and it would have more of a pull to me than most. We will have to wait and see.

"Would I love to get Cardiff City into the Premier League? Of course I would. For us to move forward as a nation football-wise, we do need a Premier League team to come from Wales, whether it's Cardiff or Swansea.

"I am committed to stay where I am. They (Manchester City) are building a team to win the league, and I want to be part of that.

"I feel I deserve to be part of it, but I don't pick the 25-man squad or the team. I have to basically wait on their decision.

"With this 25-man ruling, it doesn't matter how well I train or how good my attitude is, I might not be registered to play.

"So do I go without playing football until January, or do I find myself a club where I can play football?

"I've got to see if I get in the 25-man squad first. If I do, then I am going to stay at Manchester City and try to fight for my place, but if I don't, then it is obviously clear I have no part to play whatsoever until January.

"I will look at every option I can, and weigh up what is best for me and my family.

"I do want to be at the club, but if I don't get the opportunity, what can I do?

"He (Mancini) hasn't spoken to me since February. I don't know if it's personal - he is like that with a lot of players, so maybe that's just his manner."

1]; } ?>