May 12, 2024, 03:39:00 AM

Author Topic: GENERAL ELECTIONS COMING SOON IN 2010 !  (Read 136001 times)

truetrini

Re: GENERAL ELECTIONS COMING SOON IN 2010 !
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »
Jack Warner is de absolute best Parliamentarian T&T ever had!

'Airman is a biased poster.  He myopic and does only post anti-government posts, furthering his agenda, and de ting is he cyar vote!

LOL Come make a fool of yourself..Tell the congregation how I am biased and why you believe I cannot vote  :D

Yuh want me to make a fool of myself, is like yuh looking for company?

Anyway yuh maybe could vote but in de US lol

AirMan

« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2010, 04:32:34 PM »

'Airman is a biased poster.  He myopic and does only post anti-government posts, furthering his agenda, and de ting is he cyar vote!

LOL Come make a fool of yourself..Tell the congregation how I am biased and why you believe I cannot vote  :D

Just like I figured you cannot answer  :rotfl:...doh worry yuhself Truetrini, ah going by yuh daddy Patos obeah woman to help she work some magic so yuh could find ah woman to play with instead of calling man name on the net  :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:36:12 PM by AirMan »

truetrini

« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »

Just like I figured you cannot answer  :rotfl:...doh worry yuhself Truetrini, ah going by yuh daddy Patos obeah woman to help she work some magic so yuh could find ah woman to play with instead of calling man name on the net  :D

Your jokes so puerile is a wonder they does let you stay up this late at night.

AirMan

« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2010, 06:10:44 PM »

Who is "they" Truetrini ?  :D..not my fault you follow me everywhere in here like ah bulla posting my name in every post..then when i ask what you talking about you cannot answer..yuh boy Patos does let yuh stay up at night after he brush yuh with de baliser ?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:13:59 PM by AirMan »

truetrini

« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2010, 06:21:02 PM »

Who is "they" Truetrini ?  :D..not my fault you follow me everywhere in here like ah bulla posting my name in every post..then when i ask what you talking about you cannot answer..yuh boy Patos does let yuh stay up at night after he brush yuh with de baliser ?

I like girls, grown up girls, if yuh over 18 den pm meh nah girl

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »
Well the PNM screen Patrick today....ah guess dat mean he eh bluffing.... ??? :-\

There is speculation he will announce the date on Friday coming.  We were talking about the whole thing in the lunch room today.  Mih boss say the opposition will beat the PNM and they are going to win at least 25 seats....the man was willing to take bets.  The thing is mih boss is ah man who doh make idle talk just so, just so.....well we shall see....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

Re: Big news Suruj screening for Panday seat....
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2010, 06:17:23 PM »
Reported: Suruj Rambachan to be screened by UNC for Couva North, seat currently held by Basdeo Panday.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2010, 06:25:27 AM »
http://guardian.co.tt/commentary/columnist/2010/04/07/difficult-road-ahead-opposition-unity

By Tony Fraser

The People’s National Movement (PNM) will not be beaten in a general election merely because there is widespread disenchantment with the party, especially its political leader, his style of governance and his management of the economy and polity. The electorate will only displace the incumbent if the opposition parties are able to fashion a credible alternative which can be seen to be sustainable in office. Sure Kamla Persad-Bissessar is riding the popularity charts, having, in the most authoritative manner possible, relegated Basdeo Panday to the political cemetery. However, Persad-Bissessar and the United National Congress (UNC) will have to triumph over the demographics by garnering electoral support from outside of the natural and ethnic enclave of the party through striking some form of electoral/political accommodation with other parties.

Similarly, while the defeat of Panday has opened up possibilities for the Congress of the People (COP) to engage in a meaningful electoral alliance with the UNC and other opposition forces, such opportunities will not automatically materialise because of the political demise of Panday and the vulnerability of the ruling party and its leader. Dookeran and his team have the potential, perhaps even more than Persad-Bissessar and the UNC, to attract non-traditional support and make linkages with other political constituencies to achieve an alliance of the political forces to remove the PNM from office. But potential has to be converted into reality and it is going to take quite an amount of insight, planning, political savvy and credibility on the part of the COP leadership to persuade large segments of the electorate to sink their political fate with the party and by extension buy into a UNC-led administration.

The presence of the COP in the north, that politically accommodating town of Woodbrook, a place of blacks, browns, off-whites, Syrians, middle class Indos and the ever-present dougla; the town of Invaders, Silver Stars, Phase II, Little Carib, the Oval and the neighbouring St James where Hosay and Cosby’s meet in regular procession, will be crucial to attracting support from St James through into Rowley’s Carenage, Glenco, Goodwood Park and Westmoorings. I remember an NAR meeting in 1986 on the grounds at Goodwood Park, with the people from up the hill, a different kind of hill to Laventille, chanting and shouting themselves sore in the throat for Margaret Hector, a woman of the Baptist faith, complete with headtie and always threatening to break out in a revelation of the Spirit, and this at the same time that the “Goodwoodites” were extending a welcome to the representatives of the central constituencies, it was perhaps the moment I became convinced that the NAR would defeat the PNM.

The COP’s role could become crucial as the third party as it seems almost impossible for the UNC to be able to win an election outright. Nonetheless, the first step along the way is for the two parties to strike an alliance. Already though it is clear that the UNC is stringing the COP out, raising anxieties at the leadership level, perhaps the intention being to have the COP desperate enough that it will settle under terms and conditions dictated by the UNC.
But that is exactly the point of difficulty to be faced by the leaderships of the two major opposition parties and the other minor parties by way of deciding which party will fight in which constituencies. It is quite unlikely that the UNC will cede any of the seats it now holds to COP candidates. Moreover, the UNC will demand that the COP takes on and beats the PNM in difficult constituencies such as the Diego Martins and Port-of-Spain and other points along the East/West Corridor as a means of earning its place in a coalition government.

But the real squabble will be over which party gets to put up candidates in those marginal constituencies such as Tunapuna, San Fernando West, Barataria-San Juan and a few others where either party can benefit significantly from support expressed in the last election for both. Ideologically, meaning economic, social and political poli-cies and outlooks on develop- ment, political organisation of the State and policies on governance will also be a challenge for the parties to work out common ground. In the interest of T&T, the electorate must, notwithstanding the desire to get rid of Manning and the PNM, be presented with a solid platform which would last longer than the Red House fire. One element of that settlement is who would lead the coalition government if the parties trounce the PNM at the polls. As to the UNC, Panday may have been sidelined, but the political culture created by him over three decades will not be easily expunged. The leadership will have to establish new principles upon which the party will stand; it will have to remove the excessive reliance on tribal support, glib statements and replace them with substance as a basis for governance.

Persad-Bissessar must not delude herself into believing that Panday will stop attempting to cause conflict within the ranks of the UNC to create an opportunity for him and his group to retake what he considers his party. The attack concentrated on Jack Warner is not incidental; it is directed at provoking and awakening ethnic vulnerabilities within the support base of the UNC. On Warner’s side is the fact that he won over 10,000 votes in the party’s internal elections on his own steam as a representative for his constituents and one seen to be able to work with the new leader, Kamla. But in addition to the Warner issue, the UNC leadership will have to work out with constit-uency executives a slate of candidates that gives new life to the party and this will have to be done while not seeking to be disloyal to the MPs who easily crossed-over after the internal polls. Dealing with any further electoral ambitions held by Panday/ Ramnath will be relatively easy, the electorate having rejected them collectively. However, the UNC leadership will have a challenge to decide whether to go into the elections with Bharath—who lost to Warner, Gopeesingh and Maharaj.
Time is not on the side of the opposition parties, but it is often the case that the greatest decisions are made under the most stressful conditions conceiv- able.

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2010, 06:46:02 AM »
http://guardian.co.tt/commentary/columnist/2010/04/07/difficult-road-ahead-opposition-unity

By Tony Fraser

The People’s National Movement (PNM) will not be beaten in a general election merely because there is widespread disenchantment with the party, especially its political leader, his style of governance and his management of the economy and polity. The electorate will only displace the incumbent if the opposition parties are able to fashion a credible alternative which can be seen to be sustainable in office. Sure Kamla Persad-Bissessar is riding the popularity charts, having, in the most authoritative manner possible, relegated Basdeo Panday to the political cemetery. However, Persad-Bissessar and the United National Congress (UNC) will have to triumph over the demographics by garnering electoral support from outside of the natural and ethnic enclave of the party through striking some form of electoral/political accommodation with other parties.

Similarly, while the defeat of Panday has opened up possibilities for the Congress of the People (COP) to engage in a meaningful electoral alliance with the UNC and other opposition forces, such opportunities will not automatically materialise because of the political demise of Panday and the vulnerability of the ruling party and its leader. Dookeran and his team have the potential, perhaps even more than Persad-Bissessar and the UNC, to attract non-traditional support and make linkages with other political constituencies to achieve an alliance of the political forces to remove the PNM from office. But potential has to be converted into reality and it is going to take quite an amount of insight, planning, political savvy and credibility on the part of the COP leadership to persuade large segments of the electorate to sink their political fate with the party and by extension buy into a UNC-led administration.

The presence of the COP in the north, that politically accommodating town of Woodbrook, a place of blacks, browns, off-whites, Syrians, middle class Indos and the ever-present dougla; the town of Invaders, Silver Stars, Phase II, Little Carib, the Oval and the neighbouring St James where Hosay and Cosby’s meet in regular procession, will be crucial to attracting support from St James through into Rowley’s Carenage, Glenco, Goodwood Park and Westmoorings. I remember an NAR meeting in 1986 on the grounds at Goodwood Park, with the people from up the hill, a different kind of hill to Laventille, chanting and shouting themselves sore in the throat for Margaret Hector, a woman of the Baptist faith, complete with headtie and always threatening to break out in a revelation of the Spirit, and this at the same time that the “Goodwoodites” were extending a welcome to the representatives of the central constituencies, it was perhaps the moment I became convinced that the NAR would defeat the PNM.

The COP’s role could become crucial as the third party as it seems almost impossible for the UNC to be able to win an election outright. Nonetheless, the first step along the way is for the two parties to strike an alliance. Already though it is clear that the UNC is stringing the COP out, raising anxieties at the leadership level, perhaps the intention being to have the COP desperate enough that it will settle under terms and conditions dictated by the UNC.
But that is exactly the point of difficulty to be faced by the leaderships of the two major opposition parties and the other minor parties by way of deciding which party will fight in which constituencies. It is quite unlikely that the UNC will cede any of the seats it now holds to COP candidates. Moreover, the UNC will demand that the COP takes on and beats the PNM in difficult constituencies such as the Diego Martins and Port-of-Spain and other points along the East/West Corridor as a means of earning its place in a coalition government.

But the real squabble will be over which party gets to put up candidates in those marginal constituencies such as Tunapuna, San Fernando West, Barataria-San Juan and a few others where either party can benefit significantly from support expressed in the last election for both. Ideologically, meaning economic, social and political poli-cies and outlooks on develop- ment, political organisation of the State and policies on governance will also be a challenge for the parties to work out common ground. In the interest of T&T, the electorate must, notwithstanding the desire to get rid of Manning and the PNM, be presented with a solid platform which would last longer than the Red House fire. One element of that settlement is who would lead the coalition government if the parties trounce the PNM at the polls. As to the UNC, Panday may have been sidelined, but the political culture created by him over three decades will not be easily expunged. The leadership will have to establish new principles upon which the party will stand; it will have to remove the excessive reliance on tribal support, glib statements and replace them with substance as a basis for governance.

Persad-Bissessar must not delude herself into believing that Panday will stop attempting to cause conflict within the ranks of the UNC to create an opportunity for him and his group to retake what he considers his party. The attack concentrated on Jack Warner is not incidental; it is directed at provoking and awakening ethnic vulnerabilities within the support base of the UNC. On Warner’s side is the fact that he won over 10,000 votes in the party’s internal elections on his own steam as a representative for his constituents and one seen to be able to work with the new leader, Kamla. But in addition to the Warner issue, the UNC leadership will have to work out with constit-uency executives a slate of candidates that gives new life to the party and this will have to be done while not seeking to be disloyal to the MPs who easily crossed-over after the internal polls. Dealing with any further electoral ambitions held by Panday/ Ramnath will be relatively easy, the electorate having rejected them collectively. However, the UNC leadership will have a challenge to decide whether to go into the elections with Bharath—who lost to Warner, Gopeesingh and Maharaj.
Time is not on the side of the opposition parties, but it is often the case that the greatest decisions are made under the most stressful conditions conceiv- able.

:applause:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2010, 07:16:17 AM »
Trinidadians should take this time to really think, evaluate, put aside race and vote... The country is ripe for ushering a new regime that represents the people interest... it is no longer (should never been) acceptable for any party to thief ah lil money... whether it be for support or reparations.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »
Trinidadians should take this time to really think, evaluate, put aside race and vote... The country is ripe for ushering a new regime that represents the people interest... it is no longer (should never been) acceptable for any party to thief ah lil money... whether it be for support or reparations.

I ready to vote for such a party, yuh have any suggestions??

On another note but related note, ah just hear on the radio that Panday say he eh consider putting up he name for elections because Manning bluffing and will never call an election before 2012.  This move is only to boost his fledgling support.  So he (Panday) eh taking this whole election thing seriously.....

All yuh think this man easy.....all I know is Kamla must be have thick steel in she back to deflect them stabs she goh be getting....right now Panday ensconsed in he foxhole brewing something for she......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2010, 08:11:36 AM »
Oh, one more thing Daft Trini.....

Trinbagonians should take this time to really think, evaluate, put aside race and vote... The country is ripe for ushering a new regime that represents the people interest... it is no longer (should never been) acceptable for any party to thief ah lil money... whether it be for support or reparations.

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

truetrini

« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2010, 08:12:20 AM »

The trouble is the parties contesting for this new regime as you put it, are both about race.  Jump high, jump low, its all about race when it comes to religion and politics in sweet T&T

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2010, 11:15:34 AM »
Oh, one more thing Daft Trini.....

Trinbagonians should take this time to really think, evaluate, put aside race and vote... The country is ripe for ushering a new regime that represents the people interest... it is no longer (should never been) acceptable for any party to thief ah lil money... whether it be for support or reparations.

Ah go take meh licks.... sorry for that Mistake... :'(

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2010, 01:34:38 PM »
Hearing on the radio that Elections is May 17.
Manning tell the President to dissolve Parliament with effect from midnight tonight.

Jump high jump low and shake yuh manifesto!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:55:55 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2010, 01:39:20 PM »
Back to checking the updates on my favorite blogs:

http://ttblogs.com/patrickmanning/

http://basdeopanday.wordpress.com/

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »
Hearing on the radio that Elections is April 17. Manning tell the President to dissolve Parliament with effect from midnight tonight.

i hearing May 17th
all the percy villafana's...get ready
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2010, 01:55:44 PM »
yeah, i get excited and put april

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
Manning tell the President to dissolve Parliament with effect from midnight tonight.

:rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2010, 02:41:13 PM »
Long Live Eric Williams and all he stood for!!!!!!!!!! for the people, by the people and of the people...BUY local; manufacture local; stay local.

Is some of  he scamping ministers dat let he down. DOH CHANGE THE PARTY...CHANGE THE PEOPLE

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2010, 02:49:46 PM »

:rotfl:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AkxvpJJ3wJs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AkxvpJJ3wJs</a>

One of the best calypsos ever written.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »
To be honest I never knew this song was about election fever and politics until about 2 weeks ago....I just used to focus on the chorus.....never paid much attention to the lyrics....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2010, 05:37:26 PM »
Back to checking the updates on my favorite blogs:

http://ttblogs.com/patrickmanning/

http://basdeopanday.wordpress.com/

Aye, I remember these from last silly season......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2010, 10:27:50 PM »

NONESENSE 2 D NTH POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

AirMan

« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2010, 05:51:52 PM »

Source : Former RBTT banker on PNM ticket : TNTInsider

Former RBTT banker on PNM ticket

PNM Tobago West MP Stanford Callender is bowing out of
representative politics. He did not sign the consent form to
be nominated for the seat when nominations closed on Tuesday
at Balisier House, Port of Spain. Callender has held for the
PNM since 2000.
Former RBTT Tobago Manager, 43-year-old Terrence Williams has
been nominated unopposed by the party groups in the
constituency to replace Callender who is currently Minister in
the Office of the Prime Minister for Tobago Affairs.
Tobago-born Williams is from Canaan/Bon Accord.
Current holder of the Tobago East seat Rennie Dumas, the
Minister of Labour and Small and Micro Enterprise Development
was also nominated unopposed to contest the coming general
elections. Both nominees are to be screened next week. In
October 2007 Political Leader and Prime Minister Patrick
Manning had travelled to Baliser House in Scarborough for the
screening of the Tobago nominees
Read the Rest  Former RBTT banker on PNM ticket : TNTInsider
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:56:11 PM by AirMan »

AirMan

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »
Source: http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=19776

Opposition Leader says PM "cowardly" in dissolving Parliament
Friday 9th April, 2010

The Leader of the Opposition says her party's ready to contest the general election and is pushing the Prime Minister to name the date.

Mrs. Persad Bissessar announced last night all candidates were welcome to apply - with each going through the screening process.

The gauntlet's has been thrown down by the PNM leader, and the UNC's taken it up - saying it is ready to do battle.

Mrs. Persad Bissessar is inviting all interested persons for nominations - including those who don't attend her Wednesday meetings.

The Opposition Leader says Mr. Manning took a cowardly decision yesterday in dissolving Parliament.

The stage was set for the Opposition to bring their no confidence motion in him yesterday.

Read More http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=19776

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfYmTzO6hcc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XfYmTzO6hcc</a>
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 06:38:00 PM by AirMan »

AirMan

« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2010, 06:15:32 PM »

Source: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161625996

PM: I did it for the Opposition
Dissolution of Parli[/b]ament...
Joel Julien joel.julien@trinidadexpress.com
Saturday, April 10th 2010

PARLIAMENT was dissolved to prevent politicians from taking advantage of their parliamentary privilege to slander the name of the Government, as is normally the case in the build-up to an election, Prime Minister Patrick Manning said on Thursday night.

’What we have to guard against is people, on the eve of an election, using parliamentary privilege to slander those of us in Government. If they wish to make comess, they are now free to do it, but do so outside the Parliament. I have a battery of lawyers standing by,’ Manning said, as he was about to leave the People’s National Movement (PNM) headquarters at Balisier House, Port of Spain, after the second phase of screening of candidates for the upcoming general election.

Manning made the statement as he sought to explain his decision to instruct President George Maxwell Richards to have Parliament dissolved at midnight on Thursday. He said the decision was to ’facilitate’ the Opposition’s intention to have a general election called.

’The purpose of a no-confidence motion is to precede a general election. The method that the Opposition is using to bring about a general election cannot succeed. So that I would facilitate it (the general election), and once we facilitate the general election, there is really no need for a motion of no confidence,’ he said.

Read More http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161625996

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JGS4gcz7e_4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JGS4gcz7e_4</a>

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2010, 08:17:46 PM »
Any information about Penny Beckles and or Keith Rowley nominations today?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2010, 10:13:13 PM »

Long time he tryin 2 get rid ah d Penny so we go c. As 4 d Rot tings dat make yuh go hmmmmm.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »

Rowley out for sure.....no article on it..buh like people resigned to dat

Penny now:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161626000

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>