May 10, 2024, 03:37:35 AM

Author Topic: So What is d REAL Deal With Cornel Glenn and Kenwyne Jones Now  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: So What is d REAL Deal With Cornel Glenn and Kenwyne Jones Now
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »
I don't know  what games some of you guys watching but Keon Daniel is not  the only person who has not been performing up to standard; and when that happens you have to fault the coaching. The team is playing with no strategy or conceived plan.  It seems that nobody knows what they are supposed to do or where they are supposed to be, and it is only brilliant individual players like Carlos tend to stand out.  The coach has to send a clear message that once the team is put together that every man has his role and there is no superiority with foreign players over local players.  It is a team effort.  So, let's stop the blaming of individual players, when everyone has just been running around the field like chicken with their heads cut off.  Let's build a team, play strategically with a  plan for every opponent and I have NO DOUBT, ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT, that we are capable of making it to South Africa 2010.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 04:08:45 PM »
So d blacklist finally over?  EVERYBODY getting ah fair shake now?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »
So d blacklist finally over?  EVERYBODY getting ah fair shake now?

But now the Blacklisted to old.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:33 PM »
There's a lot of talk bout the performances of KJ, Stern, Glenn should be on the team, bring back Roberts.... we have good strikers, always have.

It matters little who plays up front if our entire team has no balance. Again, I believe that to a great extent, forwards can only play as good as they are allowed to. Look at the game against Paraguay when Latas come on, there was much more balance and our fowards got into the game and was looking dangerous. Fast forward to the last game, no build up in the middle, is only long ball to Stern and KJ, not much you can do with your back to goal.

Our problem is greatest in the middle... if we can fix the middle, the defense will be able to recover easier, play under less pressure, forwards will have more opportunities to make tey lil runs and the whole team will be more cohesive and compact. It nice to have an outlet where you can make a 50 yard pass to a forward and he could hold it up and bring the midfield into the game, but it should not be the only form of attack at our disposal.

I say get a good balance in the middle. As a TEAM,( not just Yorke of Birchy)we have to decide where we want to win the ball... additionall, we need some attacking creative play in the middle, hopefully DR will get the phone call.... Ah will say it again, no sense in beating we head againt a wall wondering abot the personnel up front whether it be Stern, KJ or Glenn, we have to fix the middle first! just my take on it>

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 09:29:31 PM »
There's a lot of talk bout the performances of KJ, Stern, Glenn should be on the team, bring back Roberts.... we have good strikers, always have.

It matters little who plays up front if our entire team has no balance. Again, I believe that to a great extent, forwards can only play as good as they are allowed to. Look at the game against Paraguay when Latas come on, there was much more balance and our fowards got into the game and was looking dangerous. Fast forward to the last game, no build up in the middle, is only long ball to Stern and KJ, not much you can do with your back to goal.

Our problem is greatest in the middle... if we can fix the middle, the defense will be able to recover easier, play under less pressure, forwards will have more opportunities to make tey lil runs and the whole team will be more cohesive and compact. It nice to have an outlet where you can make a 50 yard pass to a forward and he could hold it up and bring the midfield into the game, but it should not be the only form of attack at our disposal.

I say get a good balance in the middle. As a TEAM,( not just Yorke of Birchy)we have to decide where we want to win the ball... additionall, we need some attacking creative play in the middle, hopefully DR will get the phone call.... Ah will say it again, no sense in beating we head againt a wall wondering abot the personnel up front whether it be Stern, KJ or Glenn, we have to fix the middle first! just my take on it>

For sure.  Fix the midfield and the defense too......strikers will fall into place once we have strong ball winners and composed passers throughout the rest of the team.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »

For sure.  Fix the midfield and the defense too......strikers will fall into place once we have strong ball winners and composed passers throughout the rest of the team.

Sense College and Fatimarima, but have to echo meh boy's statement above, we need competent wing backs, we have been sorely lacking in that area in many of our past games.  Would have been amazing had we had a proper succession after 2006 WC, surely we may not have even been having these discussions, had we had an admin that truly cared about developing the game in TT and prepapre for 2010 and all future WCs, it's a moot pt at this juncture
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>