May 07, 2024, 10:37:39 PM

Author Topic: Now T&T has to blank Saudi invitation.  (Read 13923 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Now T&T has to blank Saudi invitation.
« on: December 16, 2005, 02:13:53 PM »
TTFF Technical Department Announces -
U21 National Team Training Camp.

19 US-based players to participate in first-ever winter break training camp.
The TTFF Technical Department has announced plans to have a training camp for U21 players (born on or after January 1, 1985) from December 28-30.
According to TTFF Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, “we have a number of good players attending colleges in the US who return home for the holiday break. Their return presents a wonderful opportunity to identify, evaluate, and track the progress of players based in T&T and abroad who can represent Trinidad and Tobago in the qualifying phases of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games and eventually the Olympics themselves.”

Approximately 20 players based in Trinidad and Tobago will join the US-based players in the training camp. The three-day camp will open at the Joao Havelange Center of Excellence. Games and training sessions will take place at both the Center of Excellence and Ato Boldon Stadium.

The U21 training camp is part of the GOAL 2014 Project, an initiative from TTFF Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, which aims to have every Trinidad and Tobago national football team qualify for every FIFA tournament by the year 2014.  Phillips also stated the important role of establishing a worldwide network that can assist the TTFF in identifying youth and senior players. “I received a substantial list of college players from the website, socawarriors.net and our ex-pat communities in the US and Europe are excellent resources that can help us achieve the mission stated in the GOAL 2014 Project.”

Contact information:
TTFF Technical Department:
1-868-625-8607 or 1-868-789-9366.

All players must register at:
www.trinsport.com

TTFF U-21 TEAM COMBINE:[/u]

Event:
Combine for U21 players.

Date:
December 28-30.

Locations:
A. Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence
B. Ato Boldon Stadium

Participants:
US-based college players and local-based players born after January 1, 1985.

Purpose of Event:
Identification, evaluation, and tracking of players for the purpose of supplementing and preparing U23 National team for the 2006 CAC games, 2007 Pan American Games, and 2008 Summer Olympic Games.

Event Access:

1) Players - Invitation only. Players will be contacted directly and through their college and club coaches.

2) Press- Open. Player programs and web-based material on the participating players will be provided.

3) Public- Open (Ato Boldon Stadium sessions only).

Program Patron:
The TTFF Technical Department, as a component of  the Technical Department Player Development Program.

Attending US- Based T&T Players.

Defenders:
Kegan Mills (Missouri Baptist University).
Wacey Benjamin (St Benedict's College/University of South Carolina Aiken).
Makan Hislop (Signal Hill Senior Comp/University of South Carolina Columbia).
Yohance Marshall (St Anthony's College/University of South Florida).

Midfields:
Jack Weedon (St Mary's College/North Carolina State University).
Durell Johnson (St Benedict's College/University of South Carolina Aiken).
Kevon Neaves (St Anthony's College/University of South Florida).
Christian Cabral (St Anthony's College/University of West Florida).
Justin Hay (University of Toronto).
Kyle Hall (University of Ontario).
Kern Gardiner (Fatima College/University of Richmond).
Delano Pierre (Queen's Royal College/University of Richmond).
Nikhil Dolly (University of Bridgeport).
Stephen De Las (St Benedict's/Birmingham City Football Academy).

Forwards:
Abiola Sandy (St Anthony's College/Bowling Green State University).
Simba Aberdeen (Queen's Royal College/Canisius College).
Kevin Crooks (Signal Hill Senior Comp/Clayton College & State University).
Keon Phillip (Woodbrook Government Secondary/Lafayette College).
Kedan Crosby (Fatima College/University of Rhode Island).

Soca Warriors Press News.
News from the 20th of December 2005.

Beenhakker looks at Ricky Shakes.
The Swindon Advertiser.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker ran the rule over Ricky Shakes at the County Ground on Saturday just seven days after the youngster had made the plea to be spied on by his country.
The Trinidad boss was among the spectators for the Seasiders clash and saw Shakes add a little extra spark to Town’s performance when it was badly needed.
Manager Iffy Onuora admitted that it had been a ‘close call’ as to whether Shakes started or not but that he felt made the most of his half-hour outing, the player replacing Neale McDermott.
He said: “Shakesy came on and did well.”
Deputy chairman Mark Devlin confirmed that Beenhakker had been at the ground, a fact he only confirmed after a friend pointed out that someone in the crowd ‘looked like’ the Trinidad coach.
He said: “I went downstairs to look at the list of those who had asked for tickets and there he was.
“Hopefully he was impressed with what he saw of Ricky.”
Beenhakker was one of 5,766 spectators for a match that saw Town reduce ticket prices on a Saturday that traditionally sees poor attendances up and down the country.
Although the gate fell just short of the six thousand Devlin had been hoping for, he said the directors still felt encouraged by the response/turnout.
He said: “I think we had anticipated something around 4,500 to 4,800 had we not had some kind of incentive so it was quite pleasing to almost hit the 6,000 mark.
“It gives us food for thought in terms repeating the exercise later in the season and I believe it is worth repeating.
“It’s something to sit down and talk about as a board of directors.”
Anton Corneal keyed up to link with Leo.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Recently appointed National Senior Team assistant coach Anton Corneal is already planning to soak up every drop of experience he’s set to gain from working as an understudy to head coach Leo Beenhakker over the next few months leading into the 2006 World Cup.
Corneal, a former National player and Youth Team coach, was picked by Beenhakker to join the current Senior Team staff and he will get down to work alongside assistant Wim Rijsbergen from early January when training sessions with T&T’s home-based pros commence.
Corneal, back home after completing the German A License Coaching Course in Leipzig in October, is quietly counting his blessings as he anticipates taking up his latest appointment to work with Beenhakker who observed him as head coach of the T&T Under 15 team during the 2005 Caribbean Football Union 1-15 Youth Cup.
“It’s a great opportunity for any Trinidad and Tobago coach to have this sort of experience which is two fold really,” Corneal told TTFF Media.
“From one side it’s fantastic to be able to work with someone like Leo Beenhakker as an understudy and secondly the experience of coaching at a World Cup is obviously something that you  must be excited about. I hope that I will be able to use this experience of coaching at the World Cup to further help the country in the years to follow,” said Corneal who also worked alongside former national coaches Zoran Vranes and German Jochen Figge.
He added that on first hearing of his appointment earlier this month, instantly he felt like pulling his shirt off, but it didn’t take long for him to plant his feet on the surface again.
“I was excited but I then thought it was just a great opportunity for me to gain the experience. I have done lots of coaching courses but this is practical experience that you cannot get through courses and I said ‘Hey what a wonderful opportunity this is for me to gain the knowledge out of such an experience.’ No one has actually had this sort of opportunity before,” he added.
The former US-based coach continued: “Aside from no local person having this chance before, a bonus in itself is the fact that the man in charge is someone who has been there before on the world stage and this will in some way make it easier for me and will allow me in certain ways to gain more and also have an input into the entire exercise.”
In April 2005, Corneal also completed the Olympic Solidarity Course in Paraguay which incidentally was specifically geared towards training coaches to handle preparations of a team for build up to World tournaments such as the Olympics and World Cup. “And to think that this is exactly the kind of situation I will be involved in under coach Beenhakker over the next few months,” Corneal said.
Meantime, he is continuing his role as youth development officer for the T&T Football Federation and is overseeing ongoing preparations of the National Under 15 pools comprising of 40 players eligible of representing T&T at the 2007 World Under 17 Championship qualifiers. Starting in January will also be a similar program for Under 15 players eligible for the 2009 Championship.
News from the 19th of December 2005.

Now German-based player eyes T&T pick.

This country’s National Senior Team coach Leo Beenhakker has had another European-based player to add to his list of newly eligible players for the “Soca Warriors” as the World Cup year quickly approaches.
This time, the man, Malcolm Granado, is a T&T-born who is now attached to former German Bundesliga First Division team 1. FC Schweinfurt 05 and has already sent his relevant details to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation of which Beenhakker has taken note of. He also trained with Bundesliga team Kaiserslautern and was also part of the US Under 23 Olympic Sydney 2000 Development Program. Granado is familiar with current T&T defender Brent Sancho as they were both at St John’s University during the same period.
Granado, born in Port of Spain, had a training stint with the National Senior team a couple seasons ago but was forced to take time off from team due to personal contract commitments in Germany.
He has also had training stints with the United States National Under 20 team, having migrated there at age 13 but he missed out on earning a pick for the World Under 20 Championship in Malaysia.
Granado is now hoping to impress Beenhakker and inch closer to realizing his ambitions of playing for T&T. And playing in a World Cup could now be a dream come true in a matter of months. As a matter of fact, Granado celebrated his 27th birthday on the day T&T defeated Bahrain 1-0 to book its spot in next year’s World Cup.
“I know the type of player he (Beenhakker) is looking to possibly add to the team. I am confident that in God's grace I am the type of player. I believe strongly in myself and I am a team player who contributes both on and off of the field,” Granado told TTFF Media.
“I would love the opportunity for him to see me play or practice because I am confident that I can contribute in a positive manner and be an additional strength on the team.”
Granado is one of several players recently entering the fray of those trying to catch Beenhakker’s attention and the Dutch-born coach is keeping his eyes opened but is ensuring that he has all the necessary proof that these are worthy of wearing the T&T strip. TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner meantime is leaving nothing untouched regarding possible new additions to the T&T team. Currently Attorney Om Lalla is looking into the matter regarding the eligibility of Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel and Bobby Zamora and hopes remain of a possible reopening of the window to allow players like the duo to play for another country, like T&T, despite already representing England at the Under 21 level.
News from the 17th of December 2005.

T&T has to blank Saudi invitation.
[/size]

But Leo not worried about the build up.
Trinidad and Tobago has been forced to withdraw from yet another pair of international warm up matches because of the reshuffled schedule of preparations leading up to the 2006 World Cup in June.
This time, head coach Leo Beenhakker, because of having already outlined his schedule of warm up matches, after having to shift to a match against Wales on March 1 after FIFA switched the international dates before the tournament, has had to turn down an offer to participate in the 2006 Cup in Saudi Arabia with the host team and Korea Republic.
The mini-tournament takes place in Riyad from January 21-25 but Beenhakker has regrettably had to overlook the offer from organizers Skycomm. The package is said to have included lucrative appearance and match winning fees.
Special Advisor to the TTFF, Jack Warner explained to TTFF Media, “We shall not have our full World Cup team of which 17 out of 21 players are playing in clubs in England and other parts of Europe. Were we to accept, we would have to participate with a sub-standard team and this will do nothing for the competition nor for our image.”
This follows other matches against Argentina and Ghana having to be overlooked for similar reasons. But Beenhakker, expected to be in England this weekend, is looking ahead to games against Wales on March 1, as well as Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia.
Beenhakker remains confident that despite not being able to take up the ongoing invitations for matches, that his team will not be least prepared for the big stage.
“We know the situation as it is and it’s not been any different before. The majority of our players are playing in England and Scotland and it’s difficult to just come together for a match. But at the same time, we have a period for our preparations before the tournament and we will make the best use of that time. Every player knows himself and what he has to do and I can tell you that we will not falter in this way,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media. Both Warner and Beenhakker continue to monitor the offers as they come and are keeping close heads as they go about in ensuring that the right decisions are taken and process carried out same time.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 07:27:45 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Now T&T has to blank Saudi invitation.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 02:24:55 PM »
small here

ne1 ever heard of a winter break? lol

d side we cudda used in dat little tounament

----jack---

-   --   cyd-/spann--                --- sancho---        --- dog ----      ---avery---

-- johnson/theobald--          ---jemmot--       ---c.samuel --
                                             ---Latas---
                   -           --scotland---    ---sealy---

very sub-standard team eh   stewpssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
   dat is a team dat cud do gud 

players missin   english guys   and yorke
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 02:27:26 PM »
Where is Oliver Camps in all this?
Why we don't get press releases from this man? Isn't he the president?!
What ah joke!!

He have nutten of substance to ever say!! In de press conference... de man start to describe the draw... and talk bout he find dey stray ah lil bit but it was ah nice function!!
But when is time for serious question , he bawl, "well lemmeh turn it over to Jack Warner..."

what ah joke!!... these men jus takin dey free trip and free function.... nutten else!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 02:55:16 PM »
de ttff are fools, cant organize a damn ting, stern not playing any ball, along wit many others, organize a team of locals, us based and english based to get together in jan, when we have trails and send dem 2 de damn tournament nah man, wat kinda foolishness is dis, beenhakker and dem are elite coaches but cant impliment a system wit a team training for 3 weeks, bullshit

FED UP WIT TTFF AND DEY STUPIDITY

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 02:59:12 PM »
I getttig real frustrated reading all these BS about we can't have a good team for these games..are the big boys so Myopic and small minded that they can't find quality players who not playing in England. What about the future? nobody want to take a look at young and upcoming players..who might be determined to prove a point and surprise us with their skills that is not yet discovered..stuepss..we have players who want to play..why we not playing them?
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 03:32:39 PM »
I find they should Send the "Sub Standard" team... Get to see fellahs in action... What de arse man.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 03:47:46 PM »
I find they should Send the "Sub Standard" team... Get to see fellahs in action... What de arse man.!
I getttig real frustrated reading all these BS about we can't have a good team for these games..are the big boys so Myopic and small minded that they can't find quality players who not playing in England. What about the future? nobody want to take a look at young and upcoming players..who might be determined to prove a point and surprise us with their skills that is not yet discovered..stuepss..we have players who want to play..why we not playing them?

exactly my friggin point, no plan, no brand

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 04:14:12 PM »
I disagree,

The spotlight is on us and you do not want to embarrass the team and country with a substandard side.

We still have not yet recovered from the 4 Scotland put on us with the so called Bomb squad we had back then.

Our image is a good one right now......lets not tarnish it.

Also the TTFF doe pay our players, they are contracted to their clubs who have no obligation to release them until the FIFA window.

Really what is the sense wasting money on a friendly match when the same men will not sweat come June next year.

Does nothing for the player, does nothing for the coach, does not help the finances, kills the morale of the player and disrupts existing team chemisty.

Our side finally have a rythm and men know they role.....lemme put it to yuh another way.

Why when yuh ole ketch arse car finally wukking and could just make it down the road to the grocery.......yuh will go and give it a hard run, tinkering with it and putting in substandard parts.

Steupppss that making sense

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 04:20:02 PM »
I disagree,

The spotlight is on us and you do not want to embarrass the team and country with a substandard side.

We still have not yet recovered from the 4 Scotland put on us with the so called Bomb squad we had back then.

Also the TTFF doe pay our players, they are contracted to their clubs who have no obligation to release them until the FIFA window.

Really what is the sense wasting money on a friendly match when the same men will not sweat come June next year.

Does nothing for the player, does nothing for the coach, does not help the finances, kills the morale of the player and disrupts existing team chemisty.

Our side finally have a rythm and men know they role.....lemme put it to yuh another way.

Why when yuh ole ketch arse car finally wukking and could just make it down the road to the grocery.......yuh will go and give it a hard run, tinkering with it and putting in substandard parts.

touches we getting money we not going to lose anybody by sending a team in dis tournament.

All kida teams send players hungry fuh ah palce in de national set-up to play in meaningless games.

Why not us?  especially when we bawling fiuh money?

So what if de team gets ah wash ass?  Dat eh we WC team!   And dat could work in we advantage bcasue we can den perform when it matters most!  Next June in Germany.

Sotty, but ah have to doisagree, we should play and make some money too!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 04:23:38 PM »
how warner and dem could say we players sub-standard? whitley and theobald and dem come out of de local and we have good us and cad base, how dey sub-standard, when dey havent been given a chance?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 04:47:20 PM »

I got the impression Beenie was the man to decide if he wanted to take up the tournament.

I'm pretty sure he will get what he wants.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 05:19:36 PM »
 They should have sent a PFL all-star team and see how they do ....but say what

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 05:26:14 PM »
Despite our great position, these TTFF fellahz seem to be intent are on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 05:29:46 PM »
Touches

You think people arounnd the world who know any thing about football will be GREATLY "Loose" respect for US if we field a "SUB PAR " team over there?.. No Yorke, No Latas, No "Stern" , No Lawrence, No Dog..

They will realize that we using that competition as a forum to have a look at some of our players.. Nothing wrong with that.. And I Honestly believe that our "Sub Par" team could put down a Massive performance if given the chance eh man.. Remember, dem men WANT to be on the WC team.. This is yet another avenue for them to show Beenie and his staff what they can do....

Brazil does do it, Mexico does do it, they does send their Unnder 23's to sweat against big teams to give then experience and exposure...

WE SHOULD be doing it too... Why not ? I dont think it will diminish any respect for us if we loose ...

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 05:30:06 PM »

what is this supposed to mean?

t&t have miles to go. we cyah sell "image" for sh*t. whappen? all of a sudden t&t won't get invited to other tournaments - like we have man knocking down the door with invites to tournaments right now?

this opportunity wasn't for beenie - he's been tasked to prepare the team going to the wc. this was an opportunity for development.

fact is ttff not versatile enough to take advantage of these kinds of opportunities.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 05:34:59 PM »

I got the impression Beenie was the man to decide if he wanted to take up the tournament.

I'm pretty sure he will get what he wants.

ent he getting paid?

he should respect the TTFF wishes and we should send ah team to dat tourney.  it have nuff man who benching and in de PFL..good chance to see what dem foreign born worth as well as de locals.

ah eh care what dem team want..is if dem world cup more dan anything!

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 05:42:08 PM »
yea man we cudda sen a team captained by whitley and send sum local men....include d fella from blackpool , cyd gray....HARDEST, theoblad, scott sealy, cornell glenn, anthony noriega....and any other men we want to try out ....give dem d experience man dat competition woulda be good for dem to go......we doh hadda study bout image bcuz ppl will notice dwight yorke stern john latapy birchall edwards....NOT DEY .....sen a team man it will only benefit us...plus we makin MONEY

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 05:47:21 PM »
like ah man say earlier we cud send a PFL all star team......an pull in whatever intl men we cuz it will be a great screening process

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 05:53:34 PM »

Fellas let logic take the forefront

The players may not necessarily be sub standard to US, but to the organizers we have to show respect. If they expecting a full T&T team then that must be provided or else we shouldn't send ah team. Try not to get so emotional over decisions such as this. I want the team to play too...who doesn't?

I'm sure many remember that one time Nigeria wanted to play us but their stipulation was that Yorke had to play...well Yorkie couldn't make it so the game was cancelled not by us but by Nigeria.

If we want to move foward in the world of football we have to do it on all fronts including making tough decisions.  We were on the verge of getting Brazil full squad for a game that is a far cry from the last Brazil game we had with the retirees.

Give teams around the world respect so they will respect T&T in the long run.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 05:55:33 PM »
Now I seeing why Saudi Arabia fire Beenie ass when they done qualify for de World Cup.  De man ent want to lift a finger till June!  Get rid a dat lazy old ass Dutchman now!!!

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 05:58:34 PM »
Now I seeing why Saudi Arabia fire Beenie ass when they done qualify for de World Cup.  De man ent want to lift a finger till June!  Get rid a dat lazy old ass Dutchman now!!!

WOW  WOW WOW.. Nah Arrow.. Nah Arrow..... no no NO

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 06:08:31 PM »
Now I seeing why Saudi Arabia fire Beenie ass when they done qualify for de World Cup.  De man ent want to lift a finger till June!  Get rid a dat lazy old ass Dutchman now!!!

hahaha
U know we not firing him.

But we might be able to count on 1 hand the number of weeks he will be in T&T before the WC.

I agree TT we could try and demand more but that would be 10 voices against "running him away" for every one that ask more of him.
I would like us to squeeze some more out of him but he in the drivers seat and everybody done lorse dey head and delirious. :-X
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 07:29:10 PM by dcs »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 06:28:42 PM »

whoa whoa whoa breds hol on dey. look where he has gotten us. he gave us faith,  gave us confidence and turned everything around.

we should send de some of de team to de tournament. send most of de young guys dey and put stern on de squad too cuz he eh gettin no playing time in blasted england.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 06:43:53 PM »
Now I seeing why Saudi Arabia fire Beenie ass when they done qualify for de World Cup.  De man ent want to lift a finger till June!  Get rid a dat lazy old ass Dutchman now!!!

Alright ah will buss de mark now, although i believe we should have sent a local based team, the thing is Beenie and dem Saudis in war since 1994 and he doh want to do nothng wid dem.

Allyuh read the script, anything Beenie ask Jack for, Jack will say yes.
Jack is ah yes man to Beenie right now.

Arrow don't get carried away, just read between the lines because is politics playing right now.
They using sub standard as an excuse.
Jack vex he losing money from that Brazil game, the Argentina game and this too but he granting Beenie his wishes at the moment.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 07:03:53 PM »
I disagree,

Nah we should definitely send ah team, de TTFF real playin up - look we send a 2nd-choice team tuh South Korea last year, we play dey World Cup squad and we manage tuh tie dem 1-1 in dey own World Cup stadium. We should see our backup options get ah sweat , yuh really have nothing to lose in that. Bottom line is we going World Cup, leh ppl think what they want before that.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 07:05:04 PM »
Come nah man fellas....

Allyuh eh know Arrow yet!!

all of allyuh get ketch!! LOL  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2005, 09:05:50 PM »
I will maintain my stance despite what many of you think.

Also I am sure many of these tournaments want a full best 11 TT squad and as we cannot provide that we not going.

Also we not talking accurate figures here the article just say lucrative appearance and match winning fees. So just like me we going on speculation.

We would still have to send men across there pay for hotel etc. Maybe the money not working out but at the end of the day it is just a glorified scouting exercise that the TTFF cannot afford to do because Boynes ent get he budget and the reality is the TTFF ent get they money yet.

But lets not get into that as it is a whole new thread.

Alyuh ever look at it this way........we never had a back up team in training in the first place, the TT pro league did not want to release players for training and in an article the Dutch coaches lamented this fact despite the pro league saying they would do everything to help.

Yuh ever think it could be payback for those who hampered progress on the journey.

Also a team is a reflection of a coach......Beenie know to heself the team will not be of his standard and ent want to take no talk.

Beenie wuk was a short term appointment to get us to WC........mission accomplished, it ent for developing no players or long term settings. Which is why the only way our squad can get competent in a short time is by bringing in foreign talent.

Alyuh will disagree with me but I seeing it as a glorified fete match theat ent making sense.

Work on the final WC squad and tune that, because at the end of the day is them men running out in Germany not no PFL 11 hopefuls.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 09:09:19 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 09:10:33 PM »
I with Touches on dis one...Beenie and Phillips done have dey scouting plan in order to pick a best 23 for Germany

If we had d money and d level of local football was really up to world standards then I would say have Anton take a team over there, but that not possible now...dem men have WC to worry about and plans done set

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2005, 09:12:35 PM »

ARROW YOU ARE ONE UNGRATEFULL RAT. HOW YUH COULD SAY DAH EH!? AFTER ALLLLL HE DO FUH WE!

STEWPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2005, 09:20:40 PM »

ARROW YOU ARE ONE UNGRATEFULL RAT. HOW YUH COULD SAY DAH EH!? AFTER ALLLLL HE DO FUH WE!

STEWPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

D man playing d ass partner...doh get chain up with he

1]; } ?>