May 19, 2024, 01:33:38 AM

Author Topic: Fire Maturana now and stop pulling stones!!!  (Read 53050 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Maturana now
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2008, 08:27:37 PM »
Once Jack paper in jeopardy he go act... allyuh ent see Jack sure to lorse out because we ent make the Gold Cup... TV rights... Simpauls airfare... all kinda thing!

Blacklist, good coach, bad coach, sports minister, it doh matter... doh play with Jack money!

Let we see what in de works
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2008, 08:50:35 PM »
160,000US ah blieve he lost so if Najjar accordin 2 Palos go make Jack money Najjar it is.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »
fire anton. its he picking all sort of nonsence players

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2008, 01:12:55 AM »
Well a wonder if Jack really serious ,cause trying  to get rid of Muturana remind me of this classic Kaiso
 http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/cod/codPlayer.html?http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/media/20080313david/05.asx#David%20Rudder%27s%20Calypso%20Journey|Corbeaux%20Following

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2008, 05:08:33 AM »
Jack say T&T supposed to beat Grenada with 6 men. He also said " I doh want to hear about team selection" Carapichaima or Mucorapo woulda beat Grenada. Serious !!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously now...

MATURANA MUST GO!!.... 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2008, 08:47:57 AM »
Jack say T&T supposed to beat Grenada with 6 men. He also said " I doh want to hear about team selection" Carapichaima or Mucorapo woulda beat Grenada. Serious !!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously now...

MATURANA MUST GO!!.... 

Going going going GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee

He days numbered, correlates to Latas new permanent role!!! Adios Mats! :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2008, 09:07:22 AM »
Ciao! Pacho. Diga oi ao donkey's por mim.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2008, 09:48:13 AM »
You know how much $$$ Warner gonna lose by not making a Gold cup appearance??? heads gonna roll

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
come on Jack! Give us the best christmas gift!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2008, 11:12:19 AM »
Lose the first game and that could be the end of the road.

what if we wins it ? how would you feel then ...let me guess ..you go say flukes leh we see de second game !

You really miss understanding me brother. I don't want to lose, you feel I happy losing? I want us to win and every game we play, but I love to see good football at the same time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Yogi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2008, 06:20:20 PM »
De talk is Hannibal Najjar comin back to take we thru de Hex and into de World Cup.

Doh F**K with we nah man. He jus as bad as Pacho. Man if dat true crapo smoke we pipe :frustrated:

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2008, 06:36:07 PM »
Moving Pacho now, and replacing him with Latas, puts too much pressure on Latas to succeed first go. All yuh really feel Latas up to that challenge? As of now - with Pacho - man expect we to lose, but with Latas he have to win (remember the Costa Rican).

With Latas the only changes go be we back to 4-4-2 (no problem with that), and we may see a slight improvement in we offensive midfield. He will use mostly older, less fit players who from experience will find it very difficult during de hex.

This possible move by JW is his way of appeasing de fans assuring him and the TTFF of some quality pay dates during de hex, and the friendlies. JW want fans in de stands, and he knows that de only way to do that is to give them what dey want, and when/if we don't qualify - he goh say well ah give all yuh what all yuh wanted, de fans cah blame him, and he come out clean - de man know guerilla PR.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2008, 08:15:49 PM »
this is de only country i know where the administration does appoint an assistant coach . everywhere else man does appoint a coach and de coach does bring he assistant.... warner tried that with Beenie and latas ...you know how that went.
he tell mats the same ting with latas earlier ...mats say he already have an assistant ....
the saga continues ....
all ah allyuh who saying bring dis one and bring dat one ...allyuh tink big coach does stand for dat ? jack running de ting like is joe public !

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »
Jai John,
            The administration. Plural or singular. Yuh mean Jack.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2008, 08:43:47 PM »
Jai John,
            The administration. Plural or singular. Yuh mean Jack.

yeah the administration of one by one for one will not perish. that is administration !  Is de only country where an adviser to the president makes all de decisions ..al de president has to do is ...stay silent ! We have de perfect man for de job. His previous ststement ..." ask jack " got him in trouble ...so he eh saying hutten again.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2008, 09:13:05 PM »
this is de only country i know where the administration does appoint an assistant coach . everywhere else man does appoint a coach and de coach does bring he assistant.... warner tried that with Beenie and latas ...you know how that went.
he tell mats the same ting with latas earlier ...mats say he already have an assistant ....
the saga continues ....
all ah allyuh who saying bring dis one and bring dat one ...allyuh tink big coach does stand for dat ? jack running de ting like is joe public !

I see your points and understand where comin from, but what is annoying is the fact that u continually, conveniently and stubbornly ignore the fact that maturana has glaring deficiencies, in every department when it comes to coaching, choosing instead to blame the players and everything else except where most of that blame lies, with the coach, I my opinion all involved players, admin, coaching are culpable for the present state of the senior game but once u get on the field, its all coaching and as such your tactics should reflect a clear understanding of the players at your disposal and he has not done enough to prove that he knows anything about the player he selects. outside of keon, kaleem and akile there are few other that can be consider cemented into the team, even while producing creditable performances............ and this to u is not grounds to doubt the coaches instincts......and I use the term loosely

dais some damn good "pineapple express" u smokin dey boy, it blow yuh u mind good
I pity the fool....

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2008, 09:54:43 PM »
So we calling for Maturana to be fired now... to bring who?  Najjar?  Allyuh joking oui lol

Make sense nah.  Men want Maturana score goals for the team too.  We throw away about 4 clear chances against Grenada, and get a draw against a close to full strength Jamaica in Jamaica with a mostly local team.  Didn't we win the games that really counted just a month or so ago?

So we eh qualify for the Gold Cup.  That means we not allowed to play any friendlies?

Yeah we all disappointed but we too quick to fire people when we need to face the facts:

1) Is not now that we see that the local players not ready.  Didn't we lose to St. Kitts just a year or so ago?

2) Foreign-based players will always make up the crux of our team.  Yes, expecting a local team to beat hungry Caribbean team is asking plenty.

3) Why do we continue to pretend that our players are so "talented" and superior to other islands when really it isn't so? Our youth teams continue to struggle in international and regional competitions.

4) Putting Latas in as coach is not a good move right now.  He is an inexperienced coach at the international level, and has not even consistently been a head coach at the club level.  Yes, it would be nice to have the boss as coach for sentimental reasons, but apart from the short-term spike in confidence in the players that it may bring we will lose out in the medium term.

5) We will qualify... just not with the local-based players playing a major role.

And any coach, Maturana, Beenhakker or even Latas himself could tell you that.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:57:21 PM by Jahyouth »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2008, 10:07:16 PM »
Palos boi me eh know yuh word soooooooooooo good. U say Hannibal comin back and all man panickin. We sure we have a hound 1 maybe comin but we have a hound.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2008, 07:32:29 PM »
So we calling for Maturana to be fired now... to bring who?  Najjar?  Allyuh joking oui lol

Make sense nah.  Men want Maturana score goals for the team too.  We throw away about 4 clear chances against Grenada, and get a draw against a close to full strength Jamaica in Jamaica with a mostly local team.  Didn't we win the games that really counted just a month or so ago?

So we eh qualify for the Gold Cup.  That means we not allowed to play any friendlies?

Yeah we all disappointed but we too quick to fire people when we need to face the facts:

1) Is not now that we see that the local players not ready.  Didn't we lose to St. Kitts just a year or so ago?

2) Foreign-based players will always make up the crux of our team.  Yes, expecting a local team to beat hungry Caribbean team is asking plenty.

3) Why do we continue to pretend that our players are so "talented" and superior to other islands when really it isn't so? Our youth teams continue to struggle in international and regional competitions.

4) Putting Latas in as coach is not a good move right now.  He is an inexperienced coach at the international level, and has not even consistently been a head coach at the club level.  Yes, it would be nice to have the boss as coach for sentimental reasons, but apart from the short-term spike in confidence in the players that it may bring we will lose out in the medium term.

5) We will qualify... just not with the local-based players playing a major role.

And any coach, Maturana, Beenhakker or even Latas himself could tell you that.

Jahyouth truthfully answer me this question. Do you really believe that Maturana has made a difference in the teams play; since becoming coach of our national team: also prior to Latas, Yorke and Brichall returning to national duties?   

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2008, 10:42:24 PM »
To fire Maturana and bring Latas could be a very big mistake. Yeah I don';t think Maturana have the team playing well, but he have insight in managing in international games (though they may be outdated). Latas will be a fool to accept the full head coaching job now or within the next 6 months (that is if we still have a chance in the HEX).

He can be Head Trainer or something like that, but we need someone who have been there before as a coach and can get the job of the team looking good done.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2008, 11:38:19 PM »
To fire Maturana and bring Latas could be a very big mistake. Yeah I don';t think Maturana have the team playing well, but he have insight in managing in international games (though they may be outdated). Latas will be a fool to accept the full head coaching job now or within the next 6 months (that is if we still have a chance in the HEX).

He can be Head Trainer or something like that, but we need someone who have been there before as a coach and can get the job of the team looking good done.

Elan why you say that Latas wld be a mistake now for? He knows our players, their talents, and he has their respect, and admiration. He's versed with our culture in nd out football, apoart from which he seems to be gaining relevant experience at falkirk... :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2008, 01:32:01 AM »

Elan why you say that Latas wld be a mistake now for? He knows our players, their talents, and he has their respect, and admiration. He's versed with our culture in nd out football, apoart from which he seems to be gaining relevant experience at falkirk... :beermug:

Managing at the international level is a different level than club managing. You have a whole different set up, in less time to prepare, greater outside involvement, etc. Latapy taking on this headache now may not be good for his image and influence.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2008, 06:53:28 AM »

Managing at the international level is a different level than club managing. You have a whole different set up, in less time to prepare, greater outside involvement, etc. Latapy taking on this headache now may not be good for his image and influence.

that's a good point eight u know,.............no not changing my position on maturana, just saying good points, but I am really not expecting warner to hire anyone else unless dey local, want a bligh and does kiss he ass regular, or cheap if from foriegn
I pity the fool....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
where the fire maturana possee gone ?
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »
Since Latapy come een like de driver driving good ? the warriors movin smooth ? Is still Maturana as head coach right ?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: where the fire maturana possee gone ?
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2009, 06:35:39 PM »
I right here Jai...right here
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »
 motivation from Uruguyans Aníbal Ruíz and Luis Cubilla, he started managing Colombian team Once Caldas in 1986. The following year the Colombia Soccer Federation hired him to manage the national team's youth squad and then was quickly promoted to manage the Senior Squad to compete in the 1987 Copa America where they reached third place by beating the host Argentina. During this time, he was also hired to manage his former team Atlético Nacional. Then in 1989 he had his most successful year in his career. He led Atlético Nacional,composed of many Colombian legends, to win the Copa Libertadores for the first time for any Colombian club. Using Atlético Nacional players as a base for the National Team, he qualified the team to the 1990 World Cup after 28 years of absence. In December, he lost the Intercontinental Cup to AC Milan at the last minute of overtime. An upset to what would have been the perfect season. The following year he led Colombia to its best perfermance in World Cup competition by reaching the second round and losing to Cameroon.

After the World Cup, he was hired as coach of Spain's Real Valladolid. In 1993 he was voted as the South American coach of the year by El Pais and he was ranked third in Spanish Newspaper Marca's list of the worlds greatest managers.

He returned to Colombia in 1992. and got his team América de Cali champion of Colombia. In 1993 he got Colombia qualified for a second time in a row to a World Cup, with a historic triumph over Argentina in Buenos Aires by 5-0. That score made Colombia a surprising favorite for the 1994 World Cup, but the performance there was disappointing, as the team was eliminated in the first round, being defeated by such teams as the United States and Romania.

He had later a brief stint as coach of Atlético Madrid and in 1995 he was hired as the trainer of Ecuador National Football Team. After failing to get Ecuador qualified for the 1998 FIFA World Cup, he returned to Colombia to coach Millonarios.

In 1999 he briefly coached Costa Rica, and in 2000 he also coached for a few months Peru. He would later return to coach Colombia for the 2001 Copa América, winning it for the first time. His latest jobs as a coach would include Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal, where he won the domestic league and the Asian Champions League and a new stint for Colombia and Argentina's Colón de Santa Fe.

Francisco Maturana is considered to be one of the greatest South American coaches of all time and a legend of the Colombian game.

He worked for FIFA as a technical adviser where he has hold various coaching seminars around the world with the likes of Fabio Capello and Cesar Menotti.

In April 2007 Maturana accepted an offer from Argentine Club de Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata. He directed his first game on April 22, 2007, the derby against Estudiantes de La Plata. In August 2007 Maturana ended his relationship with Club de Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2009, 06:39:04 PM »
Jai, I unnna stan, but even Pele would have a hard time coaching under dem in the TTFF
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:40:40 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »
Who have we ever had before more qualified to take us to WC than this man ???? ..and when we get there this time we want to win ah game ..or try to !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »
Pele would have a hard time coaching under dem in the TTFF
man doh realise is jack warner you have to deal with in T&T... you could be coach , Tech Director, Panday or even Prime minister .. jack is usually your biggest hurdle ... and dat TTFF ??? well ..you hav eto have gumption to ignore their incompetencies !!!
I say give Mats a first game vs el salvador ..what say you ?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2009, 06:47:25 PM »
Pele would have a hard time coaching under dem in the TTFF
man doh realise is jack warner you have to deal with in T&T... you could be coach , Tech Director, Panday or even Prime minister .. jack is usually your biggest hurdle ... and dat TTFF ??? well ..you hav eto have gumption to ignore their incompetencies !!!
I say give Mats a first game vs el salvador ..what say you ?
"Stay the Course Capt"

buh doh forget "the captain of the Titanic said the same thing" ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>