May 04, 2024, 06:36:24 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Football / Re: Reon Moore Thread
« Last post by maxg on Today at 05:55:55 AM »
Maybe the Wrexham alumni could open a cubby leading to a door which leads onto a league one field, maybe. Otherwise eat your bread and cheese where yuh getting it, eh !
Football / Re: Justin Araujo-Wilson
« Last post by Trini _2026 on Today at 04:54:10 AM »
Scored today
« Last post by frico on Yesterday at 06:28:47 PM »
gawd on pitch,,O skites man I thought he was 23,I still think he could go to Europe,it doesn't have to be the top ones butthose clubs willing to buy a player at a price they feel will suit their finances,not clubs at the top but good teams.
« Last post by gawd on pitch on Yesterday at 03:31:47 PM »
@frico

I haven't seen anyone go from this league to Europe. Plus Reon is 27. Late for Europe. Best bet is MLS.

It's sad that he only getting recognition until now. He should have left Trinidad in his late teens or early twenties.
« Last post by frico on Yesterday at 02:56:38 PM »
I hope this boy Reon Moore will soon be in Europe, I wish him all the best because from the 2 ocassions I saw him he belongs to the big leagues in Europe,the EPL will suit him.I would love to see him with one of the top 5 EPL teams.
Yes AB. I was waiting for you to mention the "10 gold by 2024". Anyone remember this initiative? We might not even have 10 athletes for individual events at the Olympics.

@AB an elder pointed this out. 2012 was the best Olympics for TT in track. 4 medals. Them people at the TT athletic association figured that what they had in place was working. So they kept EVERYTHING the same. However, the success we had in 2012 was due to the athletes having access to programs abroad (NCAA, US athletic clubs, etc). In otherwords, them people behind TT track, rested on their laurels thinking that their little involvement was enough to continue the success of 2012.

Bahamas is progressing, Barbados is fixing things up and even Guyana has improved. TT has improved in soca and Carnival.

Redirect some of that money for kiddies and promoting Carnival to young people and put it towards sports. That's a good start.
Glad to see the slight optimism. Wish I could share it.

Not a single finalist in a sprint event will we have.

Someone said MLA could get to 11.00 soon. Madness, She is LONG done as a threat in anything.

11.00? Maybe in Port of Spain with them artificial 100m times, and in any case, gone are the days that 11.00 is sniffing an Olympic final.

So medals will have to be relays - which is not even close to happening.

We are about 7 years into the long drought now. Nothing since 2017 Worlds/Olympics. Carifta Games were an utter disaster, despite the occasional triumph here and there. That is not a good sign at all. 

I, too, like Jereem as a competitor but the M200 is probably harder to medal in than the 100m in Paris

DeGrasse (defending champ)
Lyles (3x world champ)
Tebogo (9.88/19.50/44.29)
Knighton (World silver)
Bednarek (Olympic silver)
Hughes (19.73, world 100 bronze)

It's depressing.

I don't even know WHAT the fix is at this point, short of waiting on new blood to get in power and then ACTUALLY make the right moves, but I do know that Stevie f**king Wonder could have seen this coming when you let them dopes who shouldn't have been running an HOA meeting run a whole sport into the ground by ignoring both field and distance events, blaming everyone else but themselves, picking teams based on who girlfriend/concubine/pardna gets to go on trips and just overall being dotish beyond belief, starting with letting relays which could have been threats waste away because nobody had sense to say "hey let's invest time and money in these relays", which are capable of being on podiums.

The younger ones coming through the pipeline are not world-medalist-level, either.

That could change, but I'd bet against it from what I have seen. I would LOVE to be wrong on this one.

It's not just that we have nothing to get for the foreseeable future, it's that I don't see an end to it in sight, and that is upsetting.

Gols Galore Trinbago Style / Reon Moore
« Last post by Tallman on May 02, 2024, 09:36:14 AM »
Pacific FC vs TSS Rovers (May 1, 2024)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Cr8kfDPHyoU?start=240" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Cr8kfDPHyoU?start=240</a>
« Last post by Tallman on May 02, 2024, 09:35:05 AM »
Reon Moore scored in the dying seconds to earn Pacific FC a 1-1 draw with TSS Rovers in regulation time. Pacific FC eventually triumphed 5-4 on penalties, to earn a spot in the quarter-finals the of Canadian Championship.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Cr8kfDPHyoU?start=240" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Cr8kfDPHyoU?start=240</a>
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1]; } ?>