May 07, 2024, 12:58:56 PM

Author Topic: Roberts hanging in there.  (Read 3203 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roberts hanging in there.
« on: November 17, 2007, 10:52:33 PM »
Roberts hanging in there.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Dutch-based striker Darryl Roberts is committed to helping Sparta Rotterdam raise itself out of the bottom spot on the Dutch Premier Division standings.
With two goals to his name this season, Roberts admits that it has been far from a fairy tale run for him and his teammates as they are currently going through a rough patch and are finding points hard to come by.
“We still have a long way to go in the season but at the moment we are last on the table and it’s not a good feeling. But we’re not going to give up. We will keep on fighting and try to get out of this,” Roberts told TTFF Media.
“The coach was fired last week so that’s another change for us and we haven’t won a game in eleven matches or for the entire season which could be a difficult thing for any bunch of players to come out of. But I’m hopeful we can turn it around. I believe we can and it’s going to be up to us to dig deep and get the results that can help us survive,” Roberts said.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 05:09:21 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts hanging in there
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 11:51:10 PM »
Presshah!!   :o
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 12:53:06 PM »
ah sorry fuh dah fella, is pure pressha in Holland boy. Ah tink Keene and sunderland could use him ;D why not.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 04:39:52 PM »
ah sorry fuh dah fella, is pure pressha in Holland boy. Ah tink Keene and sunderland could use him ;D why not.

:rotfl: Well yuh should know by now, dat Supa is ah big avatar fan. Ah normally does go fuh de avatars wid de sexy ladies and dem, like what de boss (Andre) does have on ah regular. But ah cah lie tuh yuh nah,yuh avatar really funny, ah typing dis and ah have ah big grin on meh face thinking about yuh avatar. Large up yuh self man, bring dem avatars out, give Andre and de rest ah dem some competition man. Yeah ah know, it go have ah member or members, dat saying, there go Supa again, trying tuh mash up de people thread, he talking about de avatar and de subject is about Roberts. Well fuh who doh know, meh name is Supa aka "mad man and mash up thread"  ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 09:47:06 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 07:17:45 PM »
        Not Roberts alone,like all our foreign based players need a bush bath,you really think he can help Sunderland?

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts hanging in there.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 10:42:19 PM »
as far as helping sunderland, hey de man need ah good sweat, he might not help right now, buh, who knows. but truley though, right now ah sorry fuh he and Spann bou. as far as meh aviator supa, ah was on de net jus messin round and come accross that madness, on a free clip site, it have all kinda thing bouy

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:10:12 AM »
Not Roberts alone,like all our foreign based players need a bush bath,you really think he can help Sunderland?

Is it possible that they all seem to be struggling because, our players just grab at any opportunity that comes along?  I know this concept maybe difficult to understand when looking for opportunities. 

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 07:52:12 AM »

Is it possible that they all seem to be struggling because, our players just grab at any opportunity that comes along?  I know this concept maybe difficult to understand when looking for opportunities. 

ah get what yuh saying, but I doh think this applies in these 2 case. Spann had basically been out of circulation for a year and had try out with two or three other teams. If he sign with Wrexham is because they have a good track record with trini players. Over here, AS Monaco always have a set of Czechs, if they weren't treating good they wouldn't stay and encourage others to come.

As far as Darryl goes, the club may be suffering, but he playing football at the highest level outside of the Sunderland trio, and some may argue, that the way Sunderland does play ball, he playing at the highest level. the experience could only be beneficial for him. I doubt he will stay with them if they get relegated.

Now men who end up in the A league/USL and thing like that, I could understand where you coming from.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Online Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 09:27:54 AM »
Sparta was a decent team when Roberts sign for them. They finish middle of the table last season. So is not like he sign for some shit team quick quick. Is only now, this season, they seeing real trouble.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 09:56:50 AM »

To me that seems to be the trend,the mentality is any league outside of T&T is better than our Pro league(better money etc) and agents are taking advantage of it,what's important to them is their cut,with the exception of one or two who's game stands out our players don't have much bargaining powers,when i see the amount of our players just making the bench or in the stands i talking about players we consider the best in our country,just from playing in the WC finals,it makes you wonder if clubs are taking our players just to make up numbers,our players are at the mercy of agents, they wheel and deal them as they feel.     

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 10:31:35 AM »

Not the case in Roberts' situation. He was actually offered a contract by Toronto FC which he turned down in favor of Sparta.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 11:38:51 AM »

To me that seems to be the trend,the mentality is any league outside of T&T is better than our Pro league(better money etc) and agents are taking advantage of it,what's important to them is their cut,with the exception of one or two who's game stands out our players don't have much bargaining powers,when i see the amount of our players just making the bench or in the stands i talking about players we consider the best in our country,just from playing in the WC finals,it makes you wonder if clubs are taking our players just to make up numbers,our players are at the mercy of agents, they wheel and deal them as they feel.

These comments are in line with my thoughts, but how do we educate our players or instill in them a self confident that encourages them respond different to these "opportunities"?  Is this possible, or guys are just happy to get out?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 12:19:45 PM »

These comments are in line with my thoughts, but how do we educate our players or instill in them a self confident that encourages them respond different to these "opportunities"?  Is this possible, or guys are just happy to get out?
         That's a very good question,how do we educate our players? i myself can't say because they themselves don't have control over their own destiny,look at what went on with Fenwick/McComie, players have to humble themselves while these guys trash out their future,everybody rushing to play for certain clubs because they may get a contract,i don't think players have much voice where contracts are concerned,agents are the ones that do.

I think it is every player's ambition to play Football professionally overseas and would jump at any opportunity to do so,that does not mean they could or would make it,it's a feather in their cap having experience that level/environment,anyone will want to get out and give ie a try. 

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 02:12:25 PM »

That's a very good question,how do we educate our players? i myself can't say because they themselves don't have control over their own destiny,look at what went on with Fenwick/McComie, players have to humble themselves while these guys trash out their future,everybody rushing to play for certain clubs because they may get a contract,i don't think players have much voice where contracts are concerned,agents are the ones that do.

I think it is every player's ambition to play Football professionally overseas and would jump at any opportunity to do so,that does not mean they could or would make it,it's a feather in their cap having experience that level/environment,anyone will want to get out and give ie a try.

I think the unique size of our player pool creates an opportunity where the TT Pro league in conjunction with FPATT can create an environmwent where young players can get the necessary education, that will assist them in making the best decisions possible.  Just a thought?? 

1]; } ?>