May 05, 2024, 12:50:00 PM

Author Topic: John exit angers fans.  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
John exit angers fans.
« on: October 28, 2008, 04:23:24 AM »
John exit angers fans.
Football.co.uk

The decision to loan Stern John to Bristol City before Saturday's 3-0 loss at Swansea led to a chorus of boos from Saints away fans during the match.

The 1,000 travelling fans chanted for John, and the head of chairman Rupert Lowe, after a performance bereft of attacking football.

Manager Jan Poortvliet has attempted to explain the striker's departure, blaming the decision on a need to free the club from John's wages.

"The actual reason you all know," Poortvliet told the Daily Echo. "We talked at the beginning of the season of the wage bill and that's still a problem."

That is unlikely to satisfy Saints fans who have 20-year-old David McGoldrick and midfielder Andrew Surman tied as the club's top scorer with three goals each.

With few other options, McGoldrick and Bradley Wright-Phillips could continue in attack when the Saints host 17th-placed Coventry on Tuesday evening.
Stern John left Saints to reduce wage bill.
Thisishampshire.net.

Jan Poortvliet is hoping the next Saints transfers will be players coming in rather than going out after the massive disappointment of Stern John’s departure last week.

Following an angry reaction to the move by fans, the Saints head coach admitted he wanted John to stay and that the striker did not want to leave.

But, with Poortvliet not able to guarantee the striker would play every week, a financial decision was taken by the club’s hierarchy to let the Trinidad & Tobago international move to Bristol City on loan until January.

Saints looked desperately short of firepower in their 3-0 defeat to Swansea and a vocal section of the 1,000-strong away support made their feelings clear.

They chanted John’s name and ‘we want Rupert out,’ as they blame Rupert Lowe for the striker’s departure.

When asked directly why John left against his and the Poortvliet's wishes, the head coach said: “The actual reason you all know. We talked at the beginning of the season of the wage bill and that’s still a problem."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:27:13 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
Re: John exit angers fans.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 05:47:52 AM »
Wow people does actually chant for Stern.... and the chant isn't "Sub Stern John! Sub Stern John!"
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 06:02:02 AM »
Well, that alone should spike Stern to score more goals !!!! good luck #14... opps, now number 31...  :angel:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 08:17:11 AM »
Berris is dat your peeps?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 12:02:50 PM »
Allyuh c**ts should take notice....  Legend 14... No Stern No Germany 2006... Dennis wouldnt have had the chance to score that header

Respect your Heroes... number 1 lesson

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 03:51:05 PM »
Wow people does actually chant for Stern.... and the chant isn't "Sub Stern John! Sub Stern John!"

Wham yuh living in de foc'king bush or yuh was born ah cont  !!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:55:23 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:03:11 PM »

wuh kinda shyttt yuh talking starrr

you doh be watching trinidad football?

as magician say...NO STERN, NO WORLD CUP 06...

try nd pay atttention
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 07:03:50 PM »
Disgruntled...ah have an apt to rent in Southampton...you want it ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 10:37:18 PM »
Sir yuh son cussin wind ;D

Wha kinda salary Stern getting for dem to loan him
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 11:35:41 PM »
Allyuh c**ts should take notice....  Legend 14... No Stern No Germany 2006... Dennis wouldnt have had the chance to score that header

lol...if Stern had score the goals he should have scored we would have qualified for Germany with about 2 or 3 games to spare...for every goal he scores he misses 10...for trinidad at least..i have no respect for that man

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 12:27:37 AM »

lol...if Stern had score the goals he should have scored we would have qualified for Germany with about 2 or 3 games to spare...for every goal he scores he misses 10...for trinidad at least..i have no respect for that man

Another sht talker.

If shit was sugar you'd be a sweet man.

I bet if you play hide and seek you kecth whole night.

LOUD STEUPS!

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 12:59:58 AM »

Another sht talker.

If shit was sugar you'd be a sweet man.

I bet if you play hide and seek you kecth whole night.

LOUD STEUPS!

doh understand that one but hey...I'm very sorry if I go against the norm and don't support a player just because he has a Trinidad passport..did you go to any of the World Cup games or just read the match summary in the papers?...cuz if you did bother to watch or attend any of the matches you would know what I'm talking about.Blind loyalty is killing Trinidad football.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 05:41:59 AM »
Regardless how much you admire someone, sometimes you have to pull yourself back and ask
difficult questions. Why is it that Stern cannot spend any consistent time at any one club?
Stern seems unable to establish himself 1 yr, 2 yrs at best.You mean to tell me all
these clubs wrong about Stern!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 06:42:55 AM »
Regardless how much you admire someone, sometimes you have to pull yourself back and ask
difficult questions. Why is it that Stern cannot spend any consistent time at any one club?
Stern seems unable to establish himself 1 yr, 2 yrs at best.You mean to tell me all

Your name is Observer and you eh Observe that Stern has established himself at several clubs.

Southapton asked fo him....specifically hen they were set to lost Jones..why?

He was sold to save wages...not only him, but others.  If he was so bad why was he Southampton's highest wage earner?

He ha dhis throat cut by Nottingham Forst so they could save theselves the trouble of paying bonuses and fees based on his perfomance.  Where the hell are they now?

He was cut from Birmingham for the more experienced Yorke...what happened to Yorke a Birmingham?

If you ask that question about Stern why dont you sit back and ask that same question about Yorke.

What is the longest time he ahs spent at any one club apart from aston villa?

Sunderland gave Stern the choice, leave or take your chance on the bench...he left.

Forest unloaded him, their top scorer for greed and they dead since them..Karma is a bitch.

Southampton loaned him out to save paying the man...I need not expound on that as their fans have done so for me!

Besides that shit you spouted

Stern was at Coventry from 2004-2007               3years
Stern was at Forest from 1999-2002                  4 years
Stern was at Birmingham from 2002-2004            2 years

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 09:11:31 AM »

Your name is Observer and you eh Observe that Stern has established himself at several clubs.

Southapton asked fo him....specifically hen they were set to lost Jones..why?

He was sold to save wages...not only him, but others.  If he was so bad why was he Southampton's highest wage earner?

He ha dhis throat cut by Nottingham Forst so they could save theselves the trouble of paying bonuses and fees based on his perfomance.  Where the hell are they now?

He was cut from Birmingham for the more experienced Yorke...what happened to Yorke a Birmingham?

If you ask that question about Stern why dont you sit back and ask that same question about Yorke.

What is the longest time he ahs spent at any one club apart from aston villa?

Sunderland gave Stern the choice, leave or take your chance on the bench...he left.

Forest unloaded him, their top scorer for greed and they dead since them..Karma is a bitch.

Southampton loaned him out to save paying the man...I need not expound on that as their fans have done so for me!

Besides that shit you spouted

Stern was at Coventry from 2004-2007               3years
Stern was at Forest from 1999-2002                  4 years
Stern was at Birmingham from 2002-2004            2 years

How Yorke come into the discussion I don't know, anyway to answer your question, I believe Yorke spent 4 years at ManU (using your calculations).. Stern went to England in 99 (or 2000 not sure) and is now on his 7th club. Yes you are right he was at Coventry for 3 years, but was loaned out to I believe Derby. So his longest spell was Forrest in his first move. Maybe everything listed is the reason why. So a hard question was asked and answered and maybe you are right, the clubs just see Stern as an easy target. Stern is a victim lets leave it at that.
Thanks for your enlightenment
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 09:25:23 AM »
Guy he was certainly in victim in two cases.  Glad you are now Observing and getting enlightened, bully for you.

He was also injured when he was at Forest.

He may be lazy, he may be slow, he may be fat, but name one T&T striker with a better strike rate than him in national colours!

He may throw away so many, still he has a strike rate to make most others envious!

Stern John=T&T Legend!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »
As bad as some here may say Stern John was.

Ask me this

How come he was top scorer for Nottingham Forest, Coventry City, Birmingham City and Colombus Crew ?

Why teams always look for him to help them get promoted ? (Sunderland), (Bristol City) etc etc....

If he hadn't score the 2 goals vs GUA and MEX and one away to Panama would we have been in the 2006 WC ? Dont forget he have 12 goals to his name from the 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

If he hadn't score the 2 goals for Southampton in their last game of the season would they have stayed in the Championship League today ?

One thing though, he is yet to prove himself in the Premiership ! the little he played there.

Stern John is a player like Alana Shearer, dont do much on the field but can surely put it away and I believe if luck was on his side and he had ended up with a good team with good service the day he came to England he would have been one of the best strikers from T&T.

But Stern is a blasted BOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:03:17 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 10:14:40 AM »

In defense of my team.... Stern actually benefitted from leaving Forest as he joined a promotion contending side from a team in midtable obscurity. He ended up getting ah better salary and played in the Premier League, so to say he had his throat cut is wayyyyyy off the mark. Forest did'nt get rid due to greed (well, at least nothing directly related to him). The situation with Stern at Forest was the most straight forward of all his reasons for leaving sides. They could'nt afford to pay the MLS bonuses they agreed when they signed him and as a result couldn't play him either. The only option was to sell him as Forest could'nt afford to pay a player that COULD NOT PLAY and I'm sure Stern would not have been happy to sit in the stands indefinitely waiting fuh Forest to magic up some cash fuh the MLS.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 12:56:11 AM »

You and Makabelly shud not even be in this thread.The both ah all yuh eh have ah foc'king clue and just trying tuh sound like all yuh know wha all yuh talking bout  .At least do some research before coming and making all yuh self look like de 2 biggest conts in all yuh generation nah man .

P.S  A question for Stern John haters ,since all yuh know so much ,call another striker/footballer  in Southampton history that score 20 goals in 50 games .
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:56:49 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>